Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi Paranormal and Psychic TV series (1970-1980s)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sci-Fi Paranormal and Psychic TV series (1970-1980s)

There were in the 1970s and early 1980s some interesting TV series on mainsteam television, some were interesting since they explored areas which are now for the most part dumbed down.

The Omega Factor (1979)

A covert branch of British Intelligence is assigned to investigate the strange, the supernatural, the...'Omega Factor'. During the making of this series there were some real life paranormal events that occurred on site.

http://www.thespectraldimension.com/...ga-factor.html

Children of the Stones (1977)

Scientist Adam Brake and his son Matthew arrive in the sleepy English village of Milbury to find it under the grip of weird psychic powers unleashed by the sinister village squire, Hendrick, and whose power they struggle to break.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_the_Stones

All episodes avaliable via You tube.

Chocky (1984)

The strange friendship among a young boy of the Earth and a extra-terrestrial from the outer space.

Other episodes available via You Tube

There was a follow on called Chockys Children.
    Water which is too pure has no fish -- Ts'ai Ken T'an

hahahahahahaha apparently i inspire you my friend with my serie

Comment

Yeh it brought back alot of memories things I had forgotten, and I thought to myself, it was such a long time ago since I saw these and they were quite spooky at the time, yes lucky you did inspire me other wise I wouldnt of remembered

Comment

you remeber Cosmos sorry Space 1999 with Marin landau my friend i remember i love this serie

Comment

Oh yes I used to watch that all the time,and another show called Blake 7

Comment

and another of my fav série THE INVADERS DAVID VINCENT

Comment

I remember that series, ever did see the last episode.

I did watch a lot of original Twilight Zone episodes as well, I have managed to get all of them now..there is about 168 of them, so its going to take a long time to watch them all!

Comment

yes i know Twilight Zone and the Outer limits i remember a episode named Archictes of the Fear wooooooooo i send you the link monsieur

The world has entered a Cold War-esque setting in which nuclear holocaust appears imminent. In the hope of staving off an apocalyptic military confrontation between nations, an idealistic group of scientists, working at United Labs, plan to stage a fake alien invasion of Earth, in an effort to unite all humanity against a perceived common enemy. The scientists have managed to study the planetary conditions on the planet Theta. They draw lots, and physicist Dr. Alan Leighton is chosen to undergo radical surgical procedures that will transform him into a projected figure from a planet with a different atmosphere. Leighton's death is faked and the bizarre series of transplants and modifications to his body proceed. His wife Yvette persists in not believing he is dead; she feels sympathetic pain as Alan suffers on the operating table. Complications arise when the effects of Leighton's transformation extend beyond his physical appearance and begin to affect his mind, a situation compounded by the scientist's strong psychic link to his pregnant wife.
                The scientists' plan is for Dr. Leighton as the Thetan creature, equipped with an energy weapon and spaceship, to land at the United Nations in an effort to create panic initially. This panic, in theory, will be resolved as the world unites to fight the invader. Alan, now a perfect simulation of an inhabitant of the planet Theta, is launched into orbit as a weather satellite--but the mission goes awry when the spaceship comes down off course and lands in the woods near the United Labs facility. After disintegrating their station wagon with his laser pistol, the doctor is severely wounded by three duck hunters with shotguns and he stumbles back to the lab. Yvette again feels his pain and hurries to the lab looking for her husband. She arrives as the Thetan enters and collapses to the floor. Before dying of mortal wounds, the creature demonstrates "the mark against evil", a personal gesture they both shared and Yvette realizes the horrifying truth that the alien is in fact her husband.

Comment

I bet these series gave the powers that be a lot of ideas. Another classic series everyone know is Star trek, tougue in cheek some of them were, but some episodes were interesting like Mirror Mirror parallel universe etc

Comment

I never really liked Star Treck i prefers Star Wars and i hope not be disapointed by the futur Star War serie but i appreciat to numerous episodes specialy mirror mirror and the episode or the Enterprise is lost in 1960 with a pilot of the USAF
                    the generic of Hulk with the piano is very beautiful

Comment

It is interesting how some of these sci-fi series deal with events that could and probably have happened in real life.

Comment

Yes is true the science fiction is considered in France withe the name Anticipation

Comment

The Champions

Craig Stirling, Sharron Macready and Richard Barrett were agents for Nemesis, an international intelligence organization based in Geneva. Their first mission as a team was to investigate some potentially lethal experiments in Communist China, but when they were escaping, their plane was damaged. They crashed into a remote part of the Himalayas where they were rescued by members an unknown civilization. They came away from the encounter with superhuman powers--telepathy, superior strength, memory, etc.--and returned to the outside world as "Champions of law, order and justice",

Comment

Working...
                          X