Dark City - Director's Cut

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark City - Director's Cut

If you call yourself an Indigo and haven't seen this movie, sign off right now, buy/illegally download the thing, and watch it right now. It's an eye opening experience (all 3 of them). The Matrix took in all the hype, and all the cash, but IMO this film was superior. In fact, if you watch it you'll see that The Matrix blatantly ripped it off, in many regards. It's one of my favorite movies of all time. So... are we more than the mere sum of our memories?
    *Insert Clever Comment Here*

In my country we have a fantastic festival and i had the pleasure to saw it in year 1999.

I agree with you and the movie is one of my top 5.

"sleep now"

Comment

This link might work http://www.1channel.ch/watch-2465-Dark-City

Comment

great movie.
        i saw it thanks to your recommendation.
        good question...
        if we are just the sum of our memories, our bodies could be replaced by computers.
        we could live in a computer chip.
        and how can we know we are not already in one?

Comment

thinking in circles...

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”
          ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I think Murdoch was looking for a way out that didn't involve throwing himself in front of a moving train. And he found it. I really like the spiral symbolism in the movie as well. They were everywhere, if you took notice. The reason I specifically recommended the Director's Cut is because in the original version there's dialog at the beginning that spoils much of the movie. The director (Proyas) hated the idea of adding it, but certain Hollywood suits thought audiences would be either too dumb, or too lazy to follow along without it. And the sad thing is, it probably holds true for most, but certainly not for anyone reading this post.
            *Insert Clever Comment Here*

Comment

Working...
            X