Reasons why Gen Y sucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons why Gen Y sucks

I feel like my generation has produced nothing of substance yet, and please no one say lady gaga. We dont have our own substantial cultural icons. Why? There are no rebellions, no mutinies, no counter-culture. All we have are idiotic hipsters that are the bastard children of brand marketing. What gives gen y?

Why does a rebellion have to create icons? And why in the bloody hell did Lady Gaga come to mind?
    "If you could hear me, I would say that our finger prints don't fade from the lives we've touched."-Remember Me
    "...a single person's will strengthened by integrity&purpose can be more powerful than a score by lovestruck romantics."

Comment

Icons are born out of rebellion against the standards placed on them. I think gen y tries to live up to the standards of previous generations instead of creating their own, like older gens did. This all sprang from over hearing someone say lady gaga was the cultural icon of the gen y. i threw up alittle in my mouth.

Comment

you have forgotten, that your generation is in a fierce war....that against saving what is left (the best part of humanity) against the computer-age technology society shoves down your throats every day. You've seen how bad it can be (first-hand), where do you stand in this role against "humans" and machines taking you over?

Comment

The war is lost already heathra, machines won already. The older gens must adapt or die, and newer will become symbiotic with the tech. The war now is for our minds.

Comment

I also agree with you that it appears the farther the generations progressed the more lost they become. It's not really anyone's fault........it's just that sooner or later, our youth has to stand up against being computer generated to more simplisticly generated. Every generation IMO, since the 1940's has experienced a slow decline in functioning due to more, bigger, faster technology. In my opinion, the last great generation was that of the 1970's.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiSound View Post
              The war is lost already heathra, machines won already. The older gens must adapt or die, and newer will become symbiotic with the tech. The war now is for our minds.
              LOL! Yeah, but like you've always said, you don't appreciate victims! I say to you, Miami.......take no prisoners. You are powerful enough to turn that energy into something positive for your generation, if you choose to. Be the change........you have it in you.

Comment

There are no rebellions, no mutinies, no counter-culture.
                Someone should start one. A mutiny sounds exciting.
                Freemason wannabe and resident skeptic.
                If you don't feel disempowered, I'm not doing my job.
                Check out the Spiritual Bookshelf and Resource Center right here on IS.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephish View Post
                  Someone should start one. A mutiny sounds exciting.
                  the saddest part about it is guys like you (inherentely powerful) don't even realize you're part of the greatest "war" of all........in that of returning values to a more simplistic, "humane" level, i.e. like our fore-founders lived off the land. You guys (being indigos) and being so powerful can create change instead of being part of the status quo. I know you guys are powerful enough to be that change. Don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Heathra View Post
                    the saddest part about it is guys like you (inherentely powerful) don't even realize you're part of the greatest "war" of all........in that of returning values to a more simplistic, "humane" level, i.e. like our fore-founders lived off the land. You guys (being indigos) and being so powerful can create change instead of being part of the status quo. I know you guys are powerful enough to be that change. Don't you?
                    We certainly could if it was a good idea. I don't think it is though.

Comment

We certainly could if it was a good idea. I don't think it is though.
                      Why so, love? Please educate me on the mindset....

Comment

The 60's....now that was a generation of movers/shakers. Don't ever under estimate your own power to change things. The "fight" you're looking for is already upon you guys.....for the sake of all of us. You have a great responsibility....LOL!

Comment

Miami, if you truly believed what you typed, than there would be no need for your thread, right? Correct me if I'm wrong. Your generation has an obligation to get things back on track (values, etc). Us others will continue to pull our own weight and join in...........but like you said we need to adapt or parish. We're banking on you the "Y" generation to help us, make sense of things. Does it make sense to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Heathra View Post
                            Why so, love? Please educate me on the mindset....
                            When you really look at it, it's simply the natural progression of things. Returning to a "simpler time" would only be setting us back instead of helping, and humanity would eventually be right back in the same position it's in now.

Maybe that's why nobody feels revolutionary in this generation. They know how futile it'd be. But when the right cause comes along I think it'll be a good chance to show our true colors and/or test our pipe bomb making skills.

Comment

When you really look at it, it's simply the natural progression of things. Returning to a "simpler time" would only be setting us back instead of helping, and humanity would eventually be right back in the same position it's in now.

Maybe that's why nobody feels revolutionary in this generation. They know how futile it'd be. But when the right cause comes along I think it'll be a good chance to show our true colors and/or test our pipe bomb making skills.
                              when I said a "simpler" time, I meant a "truer" time......meaning that people responded to their environment appropriately. When there were injustices (the 60's is a great example), people fought for what is right. In the 2000's people "accept" what they know is not "right" but feel too jaded and helpless to evoke the change our previous warriors undertook naturally? I'm just trying to clarify this guys. If there was nothing your generation felt was wrong, than why the thread? You know how I feel about it......again, correct me if I'm not understanding you. It's generation Y's ability to step up to the plate that will cause ONE OF THE GREATEST CHANGES IN THE WORLD! You guys are the future of this planet, so please don't take it lightly or upon my response to a thread asking for answers, sweep it under the rug, so to speak. You guys are infinitely powerful in the changes you make for this "world." Please choose wisely.......I will have a son soon here, and the ground you powerful indigos make now, will make it that much easier for me to feel proud bringing him into this world. Does it make sense to you? Please, again, don't ever under-estimate the power your generation (specifically you two powerful indigos) have over the direction of this planet and generations to soon come......

Comment

Working...
                              X