"First Wave" Indigo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "First Wave" Indigo

Well, once I heard the term "indigo child" I had no trouble identifying myself with the many characteristics...except I am a "first wave indigo". I am 34 years old and have lived all but the last two years caged, trying to fit into society while marching to my own drum. I haven't lost that inner child, and in the last two years I have been breaking free of all the trappings that held her back. I am still learning how to be myself without condemnation, but I never let authority or society break my spirit. I am looking forward to discovering all the potential my inner warrior has. Bright blessings to you all!
    "Create each day anew by clothing yourself in heaven and earth, bathing yourself in wisdom and love, and placing yourself in the heart of Mother Nature." - Morihei Ueshiba, The Art of Peace

Welcome Nightshade Star to IS, nice quote, amd you certainly have plenty of Mother Nature in Alaska.

Comment

Thank you grandpa for your warm welcome. I hope to get to know this community well, and maybe find the way through the crossroads I seem to be circling.
      "Create each day anew by clothing yourself in heaven and earth, bathing yourself in wisdom and love, and placing yourself in the heart of Mother Nature." - Morihei Ueshiba, The Art of Peace

Comment

33 here

I'd probably come under the first waver category. Good to see someone from Alaska here.

you are the first I have seen.

namaste

Patryc
        "There are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all." - Anonymous
        The Infinite Strength of Spirit empowers the Will to embrace the Beauty of Change - Patryc
        "If I distrust the human being, then I must cram her with information of my own choosing lest she go her own mistake way. But if I trust the capacity of the human individual for developing, then I can provide her with many opportunities and permit her to choose her own way and her own directions in learning." - Rogers & Freiberg, 1994, p. 160

30 Bananas - low fat raw vegan site
        Not Milk - all about what milk does
        http://www.biologyofkundalini.com/
        http://cronometer.com/

Comment

What defines when you are of "first wave"? Is it when you were born?

~ "you're just confused because you talk too much to angels" ~

Comment

Hi Nigthshade star
            34 here aswell, 1st wave or beta wave I dont know, are we waiting for the 7th? a tsunami? atleast a big 1!
            I also broke the trappings of society and fell out the bottom, it was inavoidable and now i am trying to move my way back in again but shacklefree and stronger, just to be around.
            Alaska sounds nice, how are you situated? "sorry for nosing "
            welcome

Comment

Hello Nightshade and welcome!- 39 here. Define "caged by society" was this your family situation? Or was it society in general? I ask because I came from a fundamentalist Christian background where everything I did or said stuck out like a sore thumb!

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”
              ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge

sigpic

Comment

Hey, I am a first waver,..yeah.
                Welcome here

Comment

"caged by society"

Well, to begin I was clearly an Indigo as a young child, as well as a typical Aries warrior, but I have an extremely strong empathic trait and very little shielding. As time went on I perceived how my unusual behavior upset others, and having an over-developed sense of personal resposibility I began to alter my behaviors to be more pleasing to those around me (as sensed by my empathy). Through the years I maintained my creative talents and continued to remain "different" as much as I could with a battered self-esteem and no shielding. A couple of years ago I met an incredible warrior-spirit who helped me bring forth my true self and start the process of letting go of all the habits and behaviors that I imposed to "fit in". Just recently I have met an energy-worker who is teaching me to shield (for protection) and straighten out my chakras.

My animal spirit is a Bengal Tigress, and she was caged at an early age by a societal perception and lack of support; my empathy and no shielding. Now I am setting her free from her cage - a cage of societal expectations that I am breaking for my own children, one who is definitely Indigo and one who may be Crystal. I still do not know enough to fully support them, but they have a much bigger head-start than I did.

Comment

53 here....would I be considered a first wave indigo? My spiritual totem is the Wolf and I believe I am guided by the hummingbird as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hon_y_b View Post
                      53 here....would I be considered a first wave indigo? My spiritual totem is the Wolf and I believe I am guided by the hummingbird as well.
                      definitely a first waver in my book - pioneer even
                      "There are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all." - Anonymous
                      The Infinite Strength of Spirit empowers the Will to embrace the Beauty of Change - Patryc
                      "If I distrust the human being, then I must cram her with information of my own choosing lest she go her own mistake way. But if I trust the capacity of the human individual for developing, then I can provide her with many opportunities and permit her to choose her own way and her own directions in learning." - Rogers & Freiberg, 1994, p. 160

30 Bananas - low fat raw vegan site
                      Not Milk - all about what milk does
                      http://www.biologyofkundalini.com/
                      http://cronometer.com/

Comment

It Takes One To Know One

Originally posted by Nightshade Star View Post
                        Well, once I heard the term "indigo child" I had no trouble identifying myself with the many characteristics...except I am a "first wave indigo". I am 34 years old and have lived all but the last two years caged, trying to fit into society while marching to my own drum. I haven't lost that inner child, and in the last two years I have been breaking free of all the trappings that held her back. I am still learning how to be myself without condemnation, but I never let authority or society break my spirit. I am looking forward to discovering all the potential my inner warrior has. Bright blessings to you all!
                        WELCOME Nightshade Star. I have about reached the conclusion that "Indigo" is a matter of recognition rather than definition. The definition of Indigo seems to have evolved from the visualization of the aura which is also attached to some character traits, etc.

First wave? Try Tesla. Try Einstien, Carl Sagan and others as OBVIOUS breakthrough examples but don't leave out the "average" guy who rides the bus with you and can read your thoughts as well as read your newspaper - through your eyes. I think "first wave indigo" should be regarded as a very general categorization rather than a specific label. My opinion. That and $5.00 will get ya coffee at Starbucks.

Anyway, welcome aboard! HAVING MADE IT TO THIS POINT MEANS YOU ARE INDEED, SPECIAL. My opinion. That and $5.00 will get ya coffee at Starbucks.

By the way, I am about to turn 65.

Comment

Working...
                        X