Has anyone ever drank thier own pee?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever drank thier own pee?

HI. I recently read that is is cleansing to drink your own pee. Has anyone ev er heard of this? Do you partake?
    Are there benefits? What are they? I drank some of mine today just to see if I could. It really has no taste.

Thanks Emily

I have never drunk my own urine; nor do i think i ever will. But this was practiced alot in the past, esp abroad. My mom as a young child was made to do so by her great-aunts and they (great-aunts) died at 96 and 94. So the practice obviously wasn't harmful. I think it's just another old time remedy, like smearing your head with cow manure to cure baldness, eating raw liver to cure anemia, using baking soda to clean teeth (which btw does help bleach teeth)...

Here's some more info I found:

In alternative medicine, the term urine therapy (also urotherapy, urinotherapy or uropathy) refers to various applications of human urine for medicinal or cosmetic purposes, including drinking of one's own urine and massaging one's skin with one's own urine. While there are no known scientifically proven health benefits of such therapeutic use for urine, some chemical components of urine do have some well known commercial and other uses, like urea and urokinase. For instance, urea in urine has been found to be antibacterial to bacteria causing urinary tract infections specifically, and ingestion of urea has been found to increase this antibacterial activity in urine itself, though no evidence was found for such an effect upon the actual ingestion or application of urine.

Urine's main constituents are water and urea; the latter of which has some well-known commercial and other uses. Urine also contains small quantities of thousands of compounds, hormones and metabolites, including corticosteroids. Pregnant mare's urine has high amounts of estrogens, which are isolated and sold as Premarin.

Urine and urea have been claimed by some practitioners to have an anti-cancer effect. It has been hypothesized that because some cancer cell antigens are transferred through urine, through "oral autourotherapy" these antigens could be introduced to the immune system that might then create antibodies. However, the American Cancer Society's position is that scientific evidence does not support individual claims that urine or urea given in any form is helpful for cancer patients, and that the safety of urine therapy has not been confirmed by scientific studies

Drinking one's morning urine ('amaroli') was an ancient yoga practise designed to promote meditation. The ancient Hindu and yoga texts that mention auto-urine drinking, require it be done before sunrise and that only the mid-stream sample be used. The pineal hormone melatonin and its conjugated esters are present in morning urine in significant quantities, the pineal gland secreting melatonin maximally at about 2 am, this secretion being shut off by the eyes' exposure to bright sunlight. Melatonin, when ingested or given intravenously, amongst other effects, provokes tranquility and heightened visualisation. There are high concentrations of melatonin in the first morning urine, but not in a physiologically active form.
    ~wikipedia
    "Man's abiding happiness is not in getting anything but in giving himself up to what is greater than himself, to ideas which are larger than his individual life, the idea of his country, of humanity, of God." --Rabindranath Tagore

Comment

As a small child, it tastes like piss and never again point was taken and noted

Comment

there are some threads about urine therapy and lots on the internet.
        !soil first! every garden is an experiment no experiment is a failure
        ------------------------------------** eat lots of salad! **-----------------------------------

Comment

moving this thread to health and healing forum
          !soil first! every garden is an experiment no experiment is a failure
          ------------------------------------** eat lots of salad! **-----------------------------------

Comment

I'm gonna try it out, and see what happens. I'll have to mix it with coconut oil. lol

Comment

Urine is the bodies way of reducing acidity. To give you an example. Soda pop cool-drink has a pH of 3. One 330 ml of cola requires 32 glasses of water with a pH of 9 to neutralize the acid increase it causes in the body. Your aim to be healthy is a body pH of 7.4. I would think that you would just be putting it back. What for? Your body has already taken what it could use and discarded together with the acid. I would think not a good practice unless you have nothing else!
              Of the many things I have mastered, I treasure LOVE the most!
              And you shall know the truth and the truth will set you free. (John)
              Author of 'Where To From Here' www.amslade.com

Comment

Isn't there ammonia in urine? From what I have heard, ammonia is highly toxic.
                *~Forever walking through December....~*

Comment

For the love of god and no god don't drink your pee

Comment

Originally posted by NewLight View Post
                    For the love of god and no god don't drink your pee
                    LOL!!! i have drank my own pee, I forgot for what health reason but i vaguely remember it was for my asthma.... kinda worked but the last time i drank that probably about 10/11 years ago for me

taste salty and slighlty yellow coloured but yeah it feels weird.....
                    "i'm a free bitch baby.." Lady Gaga sigpic

Comment

Well it smells awful so I think I will say no, if I was in a desert with no water and hadnt had anything to drink im days then maybe I would but I think even then most likely no
                      Museatlantis is awakening

Comment

I has to do IT!!!
                        "i'm a free bitch baby.." Lady Gaga sigpic

Comment

Nope, never.

I just can't get past the concept that our bodies release toxins through going to the bathroom. With this toxic world we live in I don't see how any of us could possibly be so clean that there wouldn't be toxins coming out our urine. So unless you're living in the midst of a pure wilderness somewhere with spring water and clean air and eating nothing but organic food you grow yourself--I say no.

Comment

Actually it's sterile for about 20 minutes before bacteria starts forming. And the body releases the main components of toxins are released through fecal matter.
                            With knowledge comes great responsibility. In omnia paratus.
                            Only that in you which is me can hear what I'm saying. ~Baba Ram Dass.

Comment

Well what got to me was doing iodine therapy and reading about how taking iodine makes the kidneys work with your body to release toxic halides *through the pee* I did a lot of iodine therapy years back, and still do rounds of it here and there (as we are always breathing in toxic halides through the environment, pollution and stuff). I knew specifically that was something that was released through urine and the kidneys...

Once I knew that I knew I'd never drink my pee.

Comment

Working...
                              X