Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vibrational medicine/therapy is the way forward I believe. Are you familiar with the works of Masuru Emoto and his experiments with water?
    It could not be happening because this sort of thing did not happen. Any contradictory evidence could be safely ignored.

Terry Pratchett - "Jingo"

Comment

yes. this sort of stuff can correct all the environmental problems in the world, too.
      !soil first! every garden is an experiment no experiment is a failure
      ------------------------------------** eat lots of salad! **-----------------------------------

Comment

thanks rabana,
        yay I didn't realise you had started the homeopathy thread already as discussed.

my experiences with arnica:
        arnica ointments, yes for bruising and it is excellent for sunburn too. heals the skin very quickly, and excellent for insect bites to take inflammation down.
        I also used to use arnica massage oil when I was younger and did alot of sports, it really helped with muscle aches and stiffness. I would certainly recommend an oil for massaging very sore muscles rather than ointment, it is very effective.

I know that overdoing it topically though can cause skin reactions as well especially in very sensitive skins like me. lol
        I have never taken it internally as far as I can remember tbh, but I do know that relatively small small amounts are safe only.

thanks again
        I am a webbot

Comment

Do you know of any brands which use the less diluted versions?

I ask because I find the concept of "diluted so that you get the benefits but not the side effects" misleading when adhering to the dilution recommended by the founding father, which was so extreme that there was not one single molecule of the original substance included in the remedy. It relied purely on the theory that 'water has a memory'.

Whereas if there are brands which do include the original substance in their remedies, it would be slightly more sensible to give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Luwana View Post
            Do you know of any brands which use the less diluted versions?

I ask because I find the concept of "diluted so that you get the benefits but not the side effects" misleading when adhering to the dilution recommended by the founding father, which was so extreme that there was not one single molecule of the original substance included in the remedy. It relied purely on the theory that 'water has a memory'.

Whereas if there are brands which do include the original substance in their remedies, it would be slightly more sensible to give it a try.
            this is not a thread for skeptics. i suggest you accept the information as given. i know from your other posts that you are a science person and i offer you this:

all substances hold an energy field that is easily augmented and transfered, in water for instance. that this energy field is a source of healing energy is one of those marvels of nature, beyond scientific understanding at this time. the homeopathic dynamization process of shaking and diluting allows us to manage and manipulate that field.

did electricity exist before we understood it and could capture and manipulate it? x rays? microwaves? radiation? the homeopathic energy field exists and has been examined and used for 200 years. there is much science being done, and homeo will regain acceptance, in every aspect. i know the disinformation campaign going on in the uk. homeo remedies are so simple to make they can be done by hand in the home. the cost for mass processing is for machinery and hygienic conditions, containers and labels, etc., nothing more. does that tell you why some powers would be out to suppress public awareness?

the sort of standard double blind trials developed for the testing of pharmaceuticals do not work as well for homeopathy. if we look at 100 people with arthritis, we may need 20 or more remedies, as each case is different. none the less, new protocols are being developed and many studies are coming out. the reports that few studies overall demonstrate homeo's effectiveness are biased. the criticism that homeopathic studies are financed by homeopathic interests is laughable, given the amount of proven fraud in the testing of big pharma's products. who is supposed to pay for testing if not the companies involved?

its true that a complete understanding of homeopathy would turn conventional science inside out. didn't you yourself say in a post that this is the way science proceeds? get ready for another of those revolutions-- the studies are being done and replicated and homeo will have its day (again).

btw, homeopathy was legislated out of existence politically by the ama in the first half of the 1900's. it did not disappear on its own. if americans don't know about it, if the ama influence has spread, thats the reason. not because the remedies don't work. simple, cheap, effective. does that tell you why some powers have tried to suppress it?

potencies up to 12x or 6c still have material in them. it has nothing to do with brands. its good to start with lower potencies anyway. get yourself some arnica 6x and use it for your boo-boo's. once you have your "homeopathic moment", when you have taken the right remedy at the right time and heal so rapidly and completely and feel so good from this tiny little sugar pill under the tongue, you'll think, "omg, there is something going on here!"-- and wonder why you ever argued.

this is the only post of its type that i will be making. if skeptics come on board, i will refer them to this post, #20/page 1, which i may edit as we go along.

in fact, when i get to it i will repost the homeopathy in epidemics info and the wonderful story of the elimination of leptospirosis in cuba last year.
            Last edited by rabana; 05-21-2009, 08:03 PM.
            ------------------------------------** eat lots of salad! **-----------------------------------

Comment

I figured it would be more a question of dilution and less of brand, but I also figured some brands would be more into 'classical' homeopathy, whereas others might be more likely to offer the less diluted versions.

As to the rest, eh, if it gets proven true, it gets proven true :P At the moment homeopathy hasn't managed to prove an effect beyond placebos, but part of the problem is that studies done by pro-homeopathy folks tend to be slightly weak (not enough sample size, not double blind, etc) which counts against them in the eyes of the general populace. The whole field could benefit from some more rigorous studies, I think. Just because we don't understand the mechanism at this time doesn't mean we can't see positive results after all.

Comment

the potencies of single remedies are standard in all aspects. the companies that make them make them all.

Comment

i've posted the link to this article several times but here is the story itself. i always smile when i think about them giving out 5 million doses of flower remedies for stress. americans could do with several hundred million doses. around here i pass out bio-phosphate cell salts or kali phosphoricum 30c during hurricanes. i have taken gelsemium 30c ahead of time for dread.

Successful Use of Homeopathy In Over 2.5 Million People Reported From Cuba
                  Posted on January 1, 2009 by homeopathyresource

A remarkable successful use of homeopathic prophylaxis was reported from a Cuban conference. Of course, the exact numbers and results are still to be published. Cuba has its own vaccine production and instead of using a conventional medical vaccine homeopathic remedies were distributed to prevent the usual Leptospirosis outbreak after tropical flooding. The results were phenomenally excellent!

The CDC describes Leptospirosis as:

“Leptospirosis is a bacterial disease that affects humans and animals. It is caused by bacteria of the genus Leptospira. In humans it causes a wide range of symptoms, and some infected persons may have no symptoms at all. Symptoms of leptospirosis include high fever, severe headache, chills, muscle aches, and vomiting, and may include jaundice (yellow skin and eyes), red eyes, abdominal pain, diarrhea, or a rash. If the disease is not treated, the patient could develop kidney damage, meningitis (inflammation of the membrane around the brain and spinal cord), liver failure, and respiratory distress.”

Here is a report from an attendee of a recent conference in Cuba:

A historical and inspiring event took place 10-12 December 2008 in Havana Cuba that I had the honour to attend. There, the Carlos J Finlay Institute under the guidance of its director-general, Dra. Conception Campa Huergo and Dr. Gustavo Bravo and others hosted NOSODES 2008, an International Meeting on Homeoprophilaxis, Homeopathic Immunization and Nosodes against Epidemics.

Homeopaths from Cuba, S America, Canada, Australia, UK, and Kenya (yours truly) made presentations on the wide varieties of successful disease prevention using homeopathy and more specifically, nosodes.

Each presentation was more amazing than the previous. All were very remarkable and notable in the field of research and science. Some of the topics included Childhood Disease Prevention, Homeopathic prophylaxis as an aspect of gov’tal programs, Nosodes Genus Epidemicus and Compexes, Homeoprophylaxis on Agronomy, Homeoprophylaxis on Veternary, Homeoprophylaxis in TB, Homeoprophylaxis in Chagas disease, Homeoprophylaxis in hepatitis, Homeoprophylaxis in Malaria (yours truly, again) and the list of presentations goes on.

(I am sorry for my lack of variety of adjectives for this email – “remarkable”, “awesome” and “amazing” will be repeated often because I have no other way to express my opinion of this conference)

THE PREVENTION OF EPIDEMIC LEPTOSPIROSIS IN CUBA

But none of these remarkable speakers, each presenting their amazing work in disease prevention and use of nosodes could not hold a candle to the historical accomplishment of the Cubans in their presentation of controlling the local endemic-epidemic disease of Leptospirosis.

Now, the Finlay Institute is primarily the Cuban research institute that produces allopathic vaccinations for their country. Since Cuba is outcasted by the USA government, they have come to depend on themselves for the making of medicines, health care programs, etc. And since the Cuba is not under the yoke of the international pharmaceutical juggernaut, they are not held back from adopting homeopathy and other alternative medicines wholeheartedly into their national health programmes. The Finlay director-general herself is very pro-homeopathy (not to mention, besides, a macrobiotic vegetarian).

To put it simply, what they presented is this:

Cuba goes through a yearly cycle of Leptospirosis epidemic, especially after the hurricanes flood the countryside and water pollution reaches its height. (Leptospirosis: infectious disease caused by the spirochaete Leptospira transmitted to humans from rats, giving jaundice and kidney damage. Can cause death)

Annually the population is exposed to the disease, most especially after hurricanes.

Until Aug 2007, the Finlay Institute (a part of the Ministry of Public Health, Cuba) has been distributing its own allopathic Lepto vaccination. August is the height of the hurricane season. Annually, many are left homeless, flooded out and under the stress of disaster situation. There is a sharp rise in the lepto epidemic.

The usual expectacy of infection even with allopathic vaccination would have been around a few thousands, with some deaths included.

Part of the reason for this is that the high cost of vaccination prevents putting but the most at-risk populations (ie children, pregnant women, elderly) on vaccination. The cost of such limited vaccination is about US$3,000.000.

But in Aug 2007, Finlay put approximately [2,500,000] people (yes! 5 million doses!) in 2 provinces on homoepathic nosode prophylaxis at the cost of about only US$ 200,000.

That figure represents the entire population of the 2 provinces. The prophylaxis consisted of 2 single doses about 2 weeks apart. Included in the dose was the Lepto nosode + some Bach flower remedies to address the mental distress of the disaster situation.

How very amazing it was to watch this presentation being made. Up to the point, the presenters were showing us graph after graph of the usual rise of the epidemic, year after year, even with the use of allopathic vaccination. Each year the graphs would edge higher and higher towards the year-end, reaching up to the thousands of infected.

But this time, within 2 weeks after Aug 2007, the rising lines literally dropped off the chart to ZERO-Ten infections only! Yes. Near-zero infections, zero deaths from leptospirosis after Aug 2007. And in 2008, no deaths, infections less than 10 a month.

HISTORY MADE for Homeopathy

This mass treatment of 2.5 million people with homeopathy, I don’t believe, has been done anywhere else in the world, not even in India, where homeopathy enjoys the shelter of the government.

And the awesome results of going from hundreds of infected to near-zero in the period of a few weeks, also is historical. My jaw dropped as I watched the graphs demonstrate their success.

The Cuban team readily admits that they have not invented anything new as far as homeopathic philosophy or application. They have simply followed what we homeopaths know to work. And since they have no pharmaceutical multi-nationals to stop them, they were able to do it on a massive scale unknown in the history of homeopathy.

What is remarkable is their application to such a large population, and its dramatic success, with full scientific verification. The results are incontrovertible and undeniable even by the most rabid of anti-homeopaths.

=======
                  As a word or two about Dra Heurgo, Dr. Bravo and the rest of the Cuban team. Truly remarkable people. “Concita” as Dra Heurgo is lovingly known by the people of Cuba, is well known and loved as a woman who has done remarkable work to improve the health of the population. I found her to be a remarkable person – untiring, passionate about her work and compassionate in her motivation to serve her fellow human beings.

I should like to nominate her for the Nobel Prize.

Comment

I have a purple mulberry tree. I would like to make tea from the leaves and berries as a tonic to lower blood pressure. It also has an anti Diabetic property, or at least the white mulberry tree does. IDK. Would it work with the purple one too? If so, how should I make the tea?

Usually I just make jelly with the berries.
                    " All the problems of the world can be solved with a garden." Geoff Lawton

Comment

hi. thanks for posting. bumping in fact. but is this the right thread? were you thinking about wildcrafting? i once made mulberry wine- purple. thats about my experience with mulberries.

thinking about a new post to get this going again...

Comment

oh I just spotted this rabana

The World Health Organization states that homeopathic medicine is the second most popular medicine in use -- and the first is NOT orthodox, allopathic medicine as practiced in the U.S.
                        What is the first then ? Traditional Chinese Medicine ?
                        "There are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all." - Anonymous
                        The Infinite Strength of Spirit empowers the Will to embrace the Beauty of Change - Patryc
                        "If I distrust the human being, then I must cram her with information of my own choosing lest she go her own mistake way. But if I trust the capacity of the human individual for developing, then I can provide her with many opportunities and permit her to choose her own way and her own directions in learning." - Rogers & Freiberg, 1994, p. 160

30 Bananas - low fat raw vegan site
                        Not Milk - all about what milk does
                        http://www.biologyofkundalini.com/
                        http://cronometer.com/

Comment

rambling and blowing off a little steam

i read that somewhere too. probably herbal medicine in general. i read that WHO issued a directive a few years back in support of herbal medicine and homeopathy around the world and that thats when the attacks on homeopathy began, paid for by big pharma.

what has been going on in the uk- media and public awareness attacks on all the alternatives, especially homeopathy, is unconscionable. homeo clinics have actually been closed down, taken off the national health system, people losing access to natural health programs that they depended on.

btw, i'm a big fan of prince charles. i'm sorry about his marriage problems. its a nasty job but someone had to be charles and he does it as well as anyone could. he has always been a courageous and outspoken supporter of natural medicine, organic agriculture, anti-bioengineering, and so on, receiving much criticism for it. i'm sure he's an indigo.

i always think of a book i read about dr. semmelweiss, one of the first to insist on hand-washing for medical personnel, in his obstetric hospital in hungary in the mid-1800's. it was always considered a badge of distinction for md's to wear a jacket covered in gore and they would go from the dissecting (cadavers) labs to the wards without washing their hands.

when he published his statistics, the drastic drop in mortality for women from "childbed fever", due to this simple change, a few dr's were so distraught about what they'd done in ignorance, that they committed suicide. despite his statistics, dr. semmelweiss could not enforce the hand washing rule even in his own hospital where he was laughed at by the other md's. he eventually went insane, purposely gave himself a dissecting wound, and died in a psych ward.

it was another 50 or so years before this practice became the rule. my friend, a nurse, says it was nurses who eventually brought it about. i have always had the thought that we may be doing peace and healing meditations someday for the medical professions when they wake up en masse and realize what they've done.

Comment

interesting I didn't know that about Prince Charles
                            "There are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all." - Anonymous
                            The Infinite Strength of Spirit empowers the Will to embrace the Beauty of Change - Patryc
                            "If I distrust the human being, then I must cram her with information of my own choosing lest she go her own mistake way. But if I trust the capacity of the human individual for developing, then I can provide her with many opportunities and permit her to choose her own way and her own directions in learning." - Rogers & Freiberg, 1994, p. 160

30 Bananas - low fat raw vegan site
                            Not Milk - all about what milk does
                            http://www.biologyofkundalini.com/
                            http://cronometer.com/

Comment

**subscribing** I am interested in homeopathy because the traditional medical profession had prescibed me medications that put me in the hospital and prescribe me medications with things like "powdered plastic" in them, everything in my spirit tells me my answers lie in nature and I am finding that it is true. Ty Rabana!
                              ~a whisper~

Comment

de nada (you're welcome). hope you'll read the thread from the start...

Comment

Working...
                                X