Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Best Careers for Indigo/Crystals Adults?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Best Careers for Indigo/Crystals Adults?

    Hello Everyone,
    I didn't see a topic on this and if there is, please let me know. I am going on 27 in 6 days and am desperately looking for a career. I am told I need to go back to school and earn my degree, but after five tries of going back, I am completely burnt out on the education system here in the US. So I'm hoping that someone can help lead me in the right direction.

    I have many interests, but feel there is no right career for me or I just haven't seen one yet. Although, if I can find a career I know is my destiny I might be willing to give school another chance. Let me know what you all think and I'd love to know what you all do for a living!

    My Interests:
    1. Psychology - OR - the understanding of how people work
    2. Homeopathic Remedies
    3. Yoga, Tai Chi, Qigong, meditation (any kind of body/mind/soul movement)
    4. Music
    5. Fine Arts - I also am great at making something out of nothing
    6. Hypnosis
    7. Alternative Therapy: Acupressure, Acupunture, Aromatherapy
    8. Nutrition
    9. Massage Therapy
    10. Astrology AND Astronomy
    11. Genetics and Human Anatomy

    I am an alternative thinker and know I don't belong in the corporate world (even though I've been working in this world since I was 14) I excel in the workplace, but eventually get worn out (specifically when I know I'm working for a horrible business), but get me in a classroom and I am a mess. I know I was meant to help or heal others - I even tried to get into counseling, but my biggest fear was getting too close to my clients (emotionally).

    Does anyone have any ideas? The only thing that came to mind that included most of these is to open my own wellness center, but I'm 27 with poor credit and no one is giving out loans to someone like me. What to do - what to do - what to do. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

    Have a splendiferous rest of the day! Peace and Be Well.
    Last edited by SoulfulWondering; 03-24-2009, 08:17 PM. Reason: added more interests
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has it's own reason for existing." ~Albert Einstein
    "The possibilities are endless - life is not."
    ~Explore. Expand. Evolve.~

  • #2
    Have you ever taken any career aptitude tests? Those can give you valuable information about careers that would match your personality.
    The Way is always uncontrived. Yet there's nothing it doesn't do. -- Tao te Ching

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Optimystic View Post
      Have you ever taken any career aptitude tests? Those can give you valuable information about careers that would match your personality.
      I've tried them and so far all of them say I should be a teacher or counselor, which both require degrees. It's the schooling I DON'T want to do - atleast - not at a normal college.
      "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has it's own reason for existing." ~Albert Einstein
      "The possibilities are endless - life is not."
      ~Explore. Expand. Evolve.~

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm gonna' be the next Johnny Depp!
        Freemason wannabe and resident skeptic.
        If you don't feel disempowered, I'm not doing my job.
        Check out the Spiritual Bookshelf and Resource Center right here on IS.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sephish View Post
          I'm gonna' be the next Johnny Depp!
          are your hands quite as beautiful as JD's..? are they?!
          ~earthling~

          Comment


          • #6
            Why? I loved college. It was a blast. You can study almost anything - undergrad major doesn't matter that much these days if you're into the liberal arts or a B.A.
            The Way is always uncontrived. Yet there's nothing it doesn't do. -- Tao te Ching

            Comment


            • #7
              Your post sounded so much like me its crazy!
              Have you talked to a career counselor at all? They can help you find schools, choose? a career (or at least point you in the right direction) and help with funding!! Just make sure you get a nice one to talk to... crucial. Im in canada so I am not sure of what programs are available to you, but thats something you should def. check out.
              I am taking a course called Wholistic Health Practitioner program next sept. Health for body, mind and soul.
              You have to find out what your passions are. Not just your interests. or take your interests and extend them!! Add an alternative flair on it, and make it your own. Be creative think about it. You are going to have to work from the bottom up, if your credit is bad. Work in a place that is along the same lines as what you want to do.
              Take a few courses that do interest you, and work from there. Like if you like reiki, take the course, and make small business cards and try it on a few people. Then keep adding on from there. If you like herbal remedies, then cultivate your own and ta-da! lol
              I think that the path you may choose will be starting off with a little and building on it for the rest of your life. Until at the end, you are complete.
              Best of luck, keep us posted!!
              theres a natural mystic blowing through the air, cant bring them down. if you listen carefully now you will hear it.

              Comment


              • #8
                grow pot.
                ;]
                got.รτμявžﮭ?

                "Too weird to Live, too rare to Die" - Hunter S. Thompson

                Comment


                • #9
                  You used the word splendiferous! That's awesome! :-D I'm in the same boat as you. I work as a counselor, and at first it's hard with clients but eventually you figure out how to balance your emotions. There's stages involved.

                  Loans are supposed to become easier to get, and there's suppose to be a lot of support for opening up businesses.

                  I'm having a lot of difficulty with the U.S. school system as well. I get bored too quickly. I wish they would just cut semesters in half. They drag out stuff it seems just to make more money. I'm the type of person that once understands something (and made it into knowledge/wisdom) doesn't want to bother with it anymore. It's off the check list.

                  There's some "retreats" that will give you a yoga teaching degree fairly quickly. You could make soap....or grow a garden? Have you defined what comfortable living is for yourself?
                  “We are fragmented in the house of shattering light-which is consciousness.” Joseph Rael

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Optimystic View Post
                    Why? I loved college. It was a blast. You can study almost anything - undergrad major doesn't matter that much these days if you're into the liberal arts or a B.A.
                    I loved the years I spent in college, but it wasn't the education that I loved about it - more of the experience I had there with others. I have quite a desire for specific types of sciences, but when it comes to taking classes that are required - I get bored or don't have enough passion to finish the class. Yes I love to write, but if it's on a topic I didn't choose myself - my mind goes blank. Same thing happens on tests too. You are quite right about the bachelors - now you have to get a masters just to get your foot in the door in any career!

                    Originally posted by define_freedom View Post
                    Your post sounded so much like me its crazy!
                    Have you talked to a career counselor at all? They can help you find schools, choose? a career (or at least point you in the right direction) and help with funding!! Just make sure you get a nice one to talk to... crucial. Im in canada so I am not sure of what programs are available to you, but thats something you should def. check out.
                    I am taking a course called Wholistic Health Practitioner program next sept. Health for body, mind and soul.
                    You have to find out what your passions are. Not just your interests. or take your interests and extend them!! Add an alternative flair on it, and make it your own. Be creative think about it. You are going to have to work from the bottom up, if your credit is bad. Work in a place that is along the same lines as what you want to do.
                    Take a few courses that do interest you, and work from there. Like if you like reiki, take the course, and make small business cards and try it on a few people. Then keep adding on from there. If you like herbal remedies, then cultivate your own and ta-da! lol
                    I think that the path you may choose will be starting off with a little and building on it for the rest of your life. Until at the end, you are complete.
                    Best of luck, keep us posted!!
                    I am so glad someone knows how I feel! I have talked to one career counselor and she wasn't in the best of moods. Once someone is not willing to talk to me - why should I even try to talk to them, you know? I didn't get much out of our discussion other than her saying "You won't make much money as a theatre teacher, but a bachelor's in science might get you somewhere..." Seesh - after our discussion I wanted HER job so I would know no one else would deal with her rude attitude! I have always had to start at the bottom and work myself up - so nothing new there - but you are right - start somewhere and take a class. I think I will start there. Thank you for your guidance!

                    Originally posted by LunarSunshine View Post
                    You used the word splendiferous! That's awesome! :-D I'm in the same boat as you. I work as a counselor, and at first it's hard with clients but eventually you figure out how to balance your emotions. There's stages involved.

                    Loans are supposed to become easier to get, and there's suppose to be a lot of support for opening up businesses.

                    I'm having a lot of difficulty with the U.S. school system as well. I get bored too quickly. I wish they would just cut semesters in half. They drag out stuff it seems just to make more money. I'm the type of person that once understands something (and made it into knowledge/wisdom) doesn't want to bother with it anymore. It's off the check list.

                    There's some "retreats" that will give you a yoga teaching degree fairly quickly. You could make soap....or grow a garden? Have you defined what comfortable living is for yourself?
                    I completely relate to your attitude towards the US school system! It's based on regurgitation and that's about it. Not many schools help students work on their critical thinking. The only classes I enjoyed were the ones that were "outside the box" (i.e. Philosophy of Love and Sex - it was an awesome class!)

                    The more more frustrated I get about the system - the more I want to break it down and start anew. Maybe that's what I need to do....

                    Thank you everyone! I still would love to know what careers others have.
                    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has it's own reason for existing." ~Albert Einstein
                    "The possibilities are endless - life is not."
                    ~Explore. Expand. Evolve.~

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SoulfulWondering View Post
                      I've tried them and so far all of them say I should be a teacher or counselor, which both require degrees. It's the schooling I DON'T want to do - atleast - not at a normal college.
                      you could go into daycare or daycamp councelors. i was horrible at school too but i did go to collage for two years early childhood education course, it came really easy to me something i loved doing anyway. i feel more comfortable around children then adults.
                      now i am my own boss i guess, i babysit in my own home the money isn;t great but it does help pay the bills and i enjoy it. no two days are the same, play all day with toys. the feeling of helping others, your working with the next generation here. perparing them to enter a world.
                      anyway i just thought i'd drop my two cents in and maybe offer an idea that many don;t think about.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Tell me more about these retreats and yoga certification programs LunarSunshine. I am very intrigued.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Soulfulwondering-
                          I saw that one of your interests is Astrology-so why not consult an astrologer-many specialize in career counseling.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TruthSeeker72 View Post
                            Tell me more about these retreats and yoga certification programs LunarSunshine. I am very intrigued.
                            Well, they're expensive. You go to some compound (some are in the country, some are not) where you spend your days learning how to eat healthy and work on your own yoga poses for the first half of it. The later half you learn how to teach a class. I think the average amount of time is about 3 months. Then after all is said and done you are given a yoga teaching degree.

                            I looked into them for a while, but as I did not have the money I did not go. There was a great one in Colorado. And there's a program in some colleges that will send you out to places like Thailand where you can learn and get your certificate. I met someone who got a massage therapy certificate doing the college sort, not sure where it landed her though. When I met her she had just gotten back into the country. Apparently there were a few people going to do yoga as well. I'm sure if you looked online you could find plenty of information. This all is stuff I remember from when I was looking into it years ago.
                            “We are fragmented in the house of shattering light-which is consciousness.” Joseph Rael

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              haha this is me to a tee as well.
                              without love I won't survive...

                              There is a cat in a box suspended in superposition, just hanging there untill we get it.
                              She told us to overlook semantic superstition of this and that,
                              Chill the constant chatter as words debilitates will into concepts of matter,
                              Sensory reciprocality will usher in the void of we.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X