Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Indigo's more susceptible to Mental Illness?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Indigo's more susceptible to Mental Illness?

Do you think Indigo's are more susceptible to Mental Illness? I would think so as Indigo's are very sensitive and can feel and hear what more people cannot. Just wondering if this is a common trend?

In Perfect Love there is nothing to Fear

I have a theory... that those with autism, downs, mental illness, are people integrating... either they come from a place of much different vibration and that life is to get them used to the vibration of this reality, or they are integrating many many lives into something usable... or something like that. I think this way because I am borderline so many things, autistic, homocidal, schitzo... and I feel like I've lived as all those things. I identify with them very easily. But I am not those things this life... I am far far far more complete, integrated, integral
    If you like something I write, please, hit that thank button or the helpful thingy. It brings me a small measure of joy.
    I know I haven't been around in a while. Life calls. You can read about it HERE if you feel so inclined ^.^

Comment

I agree, many mental illnesses are either misdiagnosed mental illness for people with a close connection to Creator. Many of the conditions, like autism, are present at birth or manifest early in life. I must say, I was way closer to crazy, no peace of mind is a better description, until I simply accepted the world is wider than what we see as conventional reality.

Originally posted by Sontlux View Post
      I have a theory... that those with autism, downs, mental illness, are people integrating... either they come from a place of much different vibration and that life is to get them used to the vibration of this reality, or they are integrating many many lives into something usable... or something like that. I think this way because I am borderline so many things, autistic, homocidal, schitzo... and I feel like I've lived as all those things. I identify with them very easily. But I am not those things this life... I am far far far more complete, integrated, integral
      http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/x...0Tesla/171.jpg
      In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see,
      And if I give but one light to you my life is filled for me.
      But...In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see,
      So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee... موم γλυφή !

- By Faye

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/x...mixretro-1.jpghttp://i739.photobucket.com/albums/x...cept/louuu.jpghttp://i739.photobucket.com/albums/x...mixretro-1.jpg

Comment

i think it might be due to several things, high IQ ppl are more sensitive to mental disease or have more complex pathology , maybe also more sensitivity and more reaction to stress and toxins, add a few trauma to this and you get the mix lol

the amount of exposure to stress and toxins nowday is really greater that it has ever been , skyzoprhenia is really sky rocketing in our society compared to more rural or tradional lifestyle

ppl who are either sensitive to toxins or to stress will be more likely to develop some kind of mental disorder today, add to this general isolation, and a total toxic enviroenement, fed with tv bullshit and lies and authoritarian society etc
        Last edited by h0bby1; 11-27-2010, 01:55 AM.

Comment

I think it's the other way around. People with mental illnesses are more susceptible to hippie bullcrap. Instead of being honest with themselves, it's easier to tell themselves that they're special indigoes or something and the cycle keeps perpetuating. Not saying every self-proclaimed indigo is just mentally ill, just that there are probably more misdiagnosed indigoes than illnesses.
          Freemason wannabe and resident skeptic.
          If you don't feel disempowered, I'm not doing my job.
          Check out the Spiritual Bookshelf and Resource Center right here on IS.

Comment

What I see sometimes is hard to handle without professional help.

There is no shame in accepting help when it comes to the experiences that many of us go through.

I do not like to label what I am going through, but it seems to be a continuous spiritual growth pattern. Sometimes I think that I am seeing into different dimensions, grounding excersises is a must for me.

citta

Comment

Some would say Indigos are mentally ill.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyonlove View Post
                Do you think Indigo's are more susceptible to Mental Illness? I would think so as Indigo's are very sensitive and can feel and hear what more people cannot. Just wondering if this is a common trend?

No, according to wikipedia, a mental disorder or mental illness is a psychological or behavioral pattern generally associated with subjective distress or disability that occurs in an individual, and which are not a part of normal development or culture. Why would one allow "distress" to prevent them from accomplishing their mission and life's being? Develop the strength to overcome and achieve anything you want. Believe in healing, helping, and changing the world. You have to power to let that "distress" get to you or not. Erase "distress" from the state of existence and nothing can stop you or stand in your way. How does an Indigo constitute "disability"? I would think more of the opposite - a constitution of a gift, an advantage, a power from God of Light to contribute to society. Sensitivity can be a gift if managed right with the right kind of mentality and will. One can perform enormous aid in another person's life by being more able to pick up on other people's senses. In all and all, all is well. Thought is power.
                “The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science.” - Albert Einstein

The Mother Creator holds me in Her arms forever and ever.

Comment

Originally posted by serenesam View Post
                  part of normal development or culture.
                  by the way, could you also post wikipedia's definition for "normal" too -- I have a hard time understanding the rest of your post unless that term is defined.

Comment

It's a combination; being more in-tune is definatley hard to deal with, but also I think that the whole "Indigo" label is attractive to some of those with mental illness as a way to fit into a group of people that are already kinda....strange, for lack of a better word. Mixed bag, for sure. Look around here sometimes....

Comment

or are people with mental illness more likely to believe they are indigo?

Comment

Originally posted by evergreen View Post
                        or are people with mental illness more likely to believe they are indigo?
                        NWO created indigo so we'd be wasting our time here instead of paying attention to the plane about to crash into your house.

Comment

It seems like if you are connected to the spiritual it is hard to conform into this society.
                          The poetry of life and death lie within the process.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyonlove View Post

Yes,
                            Because Indigo's have the full spectrum of personality,
                            Are very open minded,
                            Opinionated and reject authority,
                            Helping can be construed as hurting,
                            And they take responsibility for everything--
                            add the creativity,
                            can be a recipe for the modern psychopath--
                            or the modern Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by FirstWave View Post
                              It seems like if you are connected to the spiritual it is hard to conform into this society.
                              We are the 'fringe-dwellers' as one of the Fae so kindly calls me....and people like us. People don't understand because society is set up and based upon religion; the U.S. is a Christian country, in spite of the different religions this country houses. The conception of healthcare, death, marriage....the importance of money....all resonate with Chrisitanity. They think this life will be their only, therefore people go to enormous lengths to preserve it, which in some instances is ok, but for the terminally ill, or the elderly that are DNR....we test and treat and try to prolong....and for what?
                              If people understood that saying goodbye, weather in death or any circumstance, is something that we have to learn to love as much as finding our soul mates, the approach would be completely different. You can't journey forward without learning to love goodbye.
                              We are thousands of years from a society that is focused properly, IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                              X