How do you do it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you do it?

From time to time I find it hard to be amongst the public because I have problems grounding myself. Usually I am using my other senses to get about and not even my eyes. It's hard to explain but it's like I am always scanning the energy with my third eye and it feels like I'm floating somewhere up above.

The problem is that people notice that I don't act like other people and they make commentary. But I let it get to me because alas, I am also an empath, and things like insensitivity from other people hurts.

For example today I went shopping with my sister, but she was taking her sweet time trying on clothes so I began walking around the department store just trying on clothes. It was pretty empty and this one worker just kept staring at me intensely. I put on a sweater and I could feel his eyes burning a hole in my head and I turned around and he flinched his eyes away. This kept happening, he just kept watching me and then he kept making commentary to his coworkers who would look up at me and smirk.

I don't know, as a sensitive person, this got to me more than it probably should have. But I just don't understand how I could be minding my own business and people just randomly start discussing me. It happens often enough. I can be standing in line for coffee or even walking on the street.

It's like I have such a hard time controlling the projection of my energy that people just notice and begin looking, even if I am very calm and acting just like everyone else.

So my question to you guys is what do you do to ward off negative attention? Or even what do you say to yourself to strengthen your confidence... it feels like my self-esteem is taking all the hits.

I think the real question is - why do you preceive this kind of attention as negative?

You are what you are - you shouldn't have to change your energy in order to meet anyone's expectations, including dampening it down in order to "fit in."

Don't get me wrong - I understand completely about the negative energy projected by others who don't "approve" or "understand" my energy. I feel it too. At the same time you can't let their interpretation or diapproval color your own perception and impact your emotions. This just leads to frustration as you try to blend in and not draw attention to yourself.

You have to be able to accept the fact that you ARE different, and that you have every right to be exactly who and what you are.

That being said - learning how to shield can help tremendously as you are learning how to deal with this energy. It can keep unwanted energy out until you are ready to process it. It's not THE answer mind you - for you are brought in contact with others for a reason. However, it's a great way to adapt.

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”
    ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge

sigpic

Comment

This happens because on an unconscious level they can feel you scanning and knowing and that is threatening to them. The defensive and survival instincts within them kick in and they respond as you described - as a form of intimidation. And isn't it true that more than one person is often rallied into observing and discussing you?

Ask yourself " Do I just perceive this attention as negative or is it truly negative?" You know the answer to that.

Understanding the "whys" helps to not feel so attacked by it. No need to sheild. See it for what it is and realize that you are not responsible for others feeling threatened by you when you never intended to threaten them.

Comment

It's just so hard when there is absolutely no one to relate to. I can never talk to anybody, I can never share my experiences, I can never relate to others, no one knows how I feel because I can't even talk about it.

At least when I emulate normal behaviour I can get some form of human interaction. But when I am floating up above its just me. I'm just frustrated because I can't control it. And the only advice I can ever get is pieces of information here and there from forums like this one, which helps a lot, but still I am mainly detached.

It's frustrating when everyone you know is normal and has normal problems. I mean I am having a hard time accepting I am different, but when I do, I won't feel any easier. These things will still bother me, I still wont be able to connect with anyone.

So blending leads to frustration, but so does isolation. I have to kind of choose between two evils.

Also, I would love to just not have to change my energy to blend in, but then I stick out so much that I can't even be in the presence of others because the majority of people notice me right away and keep checking up on me as if they are fascinated by my behaviour. And I don't even know what I'm doing to attract attention. Honestly, I'm just either walking, or sitting or whatever. I wish I could keep this attention away from me. I wish I could just be like "ignored".. for a lack of a better word.

Comment

Imagine having a giant mole growing out of your forehead. To some in this world this is a reality. They see connection and invisibility simultaneously also and like you they are rejected for lack of a better term.

Is the mole dangerous, bad, threatening? No. Neither are you and how expansive your energy is. It is just different. But most prefer conformity.

Do you best to learn and understand the fears and lacking of consciousness in others and you will know more how to manuever each situation individually with the gifts you possess.

There are some who will be threatened but still have some courage and love enough to connect with you. As for those who do not, come to understand that they cannot get past their own intimidation from you.

Comment

I think whats causin that to be an issue is you pay too much attention to "how they see you" and that interferes with how you see yourself.. Pay less attention to them, and more on yourself.Let them do as they wish.. do what you need to do to be yourself. If you allow yourself that it'll be less frustratin..

Comment

yeah let them burn you at the stake. pay no attention at all.

Comment

They're bein fools tryin to single somethin out that they're tryin to not understand, which is their mistake not yours.. let them judge.. Which basically is they're tryin to take the 'short cut', how do they know the short cut is any better? Rather then go down the trail..

Comment

don't your eyes feel attracted to shining objects? You are lighted and so you glow.. of course they will look, it's so beautiful.. you don't see these things everyday...

Comment

Originally posted by LH919 View Post
                    Imagine having a giant mole growing out of your forehead. To some in this world this is a reality. They see connection and invisibility simultaneously also and like you they are rejected for lack of a better term.

Is the mole dangerous, bad, threatening? No. Neither are you and how expansive your energy is. It is just different. But most prefer conformity.

Do you best to learn and understand the fears and lacking of consciousness in others and you will know more how to manuever each situation individually with the gifts you possess.

There are some who will be threatened but still have some courage and love enough to connect with you. As for those who do not, come to understand that they cannot get past their own intimidation from you.
                    Thanks for the tips. I like the mole analogy, to a newbie like me this makes it understandable. I'm just so confused because I hardly understand what's happening. I just go by feel. It's interesting you say some will still have courage and love to try and connect while others are just simply threatened. I have found a few people that do try to connect with me (and I had NO idea why until now) and some just don't even try. I guess, living this way you have to accept what you are given and connecting with only a few people is better than none. Such a harsh experience, this is. Living with a higher consciousness. Isolating and uplifting at the same time..... but still having to live in the physical. I imagine still some sacrifices have to be made to fit in amongst the rest. For instance in getting a job and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by LH919 View Post
                      To some in this world this is a reality. They see connection and invisibility simultaneously also and like you they are rejected for lack of a better term.
                      I'm not sure what you mean by this though? The connection and invisibility part.

Comment

How I dealt with being different was accepting myself. I also agree with u status. Our lives are difficult, but we also chose to live these lives prior to us beginning them. Knowing this doesn't necessarily make it easier, but can't blame anyone for it. There's a reason why you wanted to put yourself through the life in the manner we have to go through it. You also can handle everything that occurs in your life otherwise it wouldn't be there. My way of dealing with it really is just drowning myself in everything that makes me different from others along with shielding in order to keep others' emotions/energies away from my own as well as keeping negative entities away.

Comment

pfft how dont i do it
                          A reflection hovers an inch above reality.

sigpic

Comment

Two grains of salt: the OP hasn't given any info about how she/he looks.
                            I once met this guy (I'm NOT trying to generalize, bear with me) who was always dressing either gothic or emo, in the deepest sticks of Japan, in one of the most traditional prefectures.
                            So yeah, 99% of the folks look at him like he just fell off a giant unicorn's butt.
                            I asked him why he didn't tweak the way he dressed and looked when he went out to work or shopping, he replied "because I don't wanna". Okay then...

Just saying... Sometimes people attract attention just by trying to achieve the opposite.
                            Of course, it CAN be an energy problem, paradigm-threatening subconscious response, but it can simply be a dirty T-shirt or huge breasts. just saying. Sometimes it's just a lack of self-consciousness, self-awareness, and easy enough to fix.

Grounding too, is easy enough. If you know that's the problem, you should seriously be working on it.

What suprises me is that in my life, even if I, or healing people around me, blast so much energy by the second that it does attract others like us, regular people (ie. Mall staff and shoppers) have no idea because they don't have that kind of sensitivity, and are basically too deep in their daily drama to notice.

Comment

AmonRA. I am quite an average dresser. I like a simple branded tee and clean jeans. My shoes are quite normal as well. I'm 5'7, a guy, and weight 170 lbs. lol.

Just to be clear

Comment

Working...
                              X