Why some people cant see the truth?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why some people cant see the truth?

I wonder, why some people are blind (metaphorically)? Not the thing that they don't want to know the truth, but they simply ignore even the possibility of it (even while having nothing against it)? Why people who know that they are blind, and when having a choice to be freed, choose to stay in chains (again having nothing against truth, and even when preferring it more)? Why people choose to go back in evolutionary scale and become even more primitive rather than evolve their minds, bodies and souls? Why people don't stop to think why one thing turned out the way it is, and did they missed something? Why people are jumping to conclusions even if factual evidence show that their conclusions are wrong? Why people more prefer to feel emotionally bad, rather than mentally satisfied?..

P.S. No, I'm not saying that everyone is like that, but my personal statistics show that most of the humanity is this way (and I mean most most - only few individuals are exceptions)... So I'm asking: why?.. WHY???
    Last edited by KTON; 06-14-2011, 06:13 PM.
    sigpic

well, if you think about it, truth is subjective. What is true for one person is not going to be true for another - it's going to depend on their perception as well as where they are on their own personal journey. Perhaps this is where they need to be at this particular moment in time.

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”
    ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sshenry View Post
      Perhaps this is where they need to be at this particular moment in time.
      this is true for some...but then there are others who Never 'wake up' in their lifetime....and you know what? half of those live perfectly happy content lives....

ignorance Is bliss sometimes
      Not everything can be known. Not everything needs to be known. Miracles arise from the acceptation of the mysterious unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Zaher View Post
        this is true for some...but then there are others who Never 'wake up' in their lifetime....and you know what? half of those live perfectly happy content lives....

ignorance Is bliss sometimes
        I was thinking of "this moment in time" as being this particular lifetime - you know, they're here to experience THIS. Being human, normal, etc. Not time to experience waking up yet. Maybe next lifetime

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sshenry View Post
          well, if you think about it, truth is subjective. What is true for one person is not going to be true for another - it's going to depend on their perception as well as where they are on their own personal journey. Perhaps this is where they need to be at this particular moment in time.
          This sounds familiar...
          With knowledge comes great responsibility. In omnia paratus.
          Only that in you which is me can hear what I'm saying. ~Baba Ram Dass.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyArae View Post
            This sounds familiar...

sigpic

Comment

. . .

Comment

what's that old saying..."there are none so blind as those who would not see"
                ~a whisper~

Comment

truth hurts
                  like allegory of the cave
                  they didn't want to know that what they have known there whole lives is false and have not seen real light

Comment

Sometimes it's easier to see a rabbits tail a mile away than a shark under your nose, just thought I would throw this random comment out there

Comment

I think that people who are "blind" to truth have turned against their Creator is some way or another and the Creator in turn has given them over to blindness. ~sources Scriptures~

Comment

^^Well that's rather negative don't you think? A punishment for human emotions? Humans are human, contrary to popular belief around here and conspiracy nuts.

Comment

The poetry of life and death lie within the process.

Comment

"A man that knows something, knows that he knows nothing at all."

And ultimately fear is a prison. It takes a lot of courage to accept things that you don't understand/are afraid of.

Comment

Society has a way of building conformity and community. Community has a way of homogenizing the individual needs, wants, goals, etc. into a general blanket of comfort or feeding trough of nurture. Once a person has become assimilated ("one of us") there is a 'time and place' for behaviors to be considered acceptable. I mean, if you work in an office, you don't toss your wife down on top of the desk and get busy, no no. If you work from home, well, the standards are different.

The point is essentially, people in general, have layers of acceptable behavior. Perhaps the fellow next to you at your office at your coma-pany is not diligently studying the tps report, perhaps he is thinking about tossing his wife down on his desk. Thats acceptable behavior because he's not sharing it with everyone else. One never knows what another is acuity thinking. Sometimes even the person them self; may not admit on the conscious level what is their actual deeper belief of your thoughts, KTON.

Originally posted by KTON View Post
                              I wonder, why some people are blind (metaphorically)? Not the thing that they don't want to know the truth, but they simply ignore even the possibility of it (even while having nothing against it)? Why people who know that they are blind, and when having a choice to be freed, choose to stay in chains (again having nothing against truth, and even when preferring it more)? Why people choose to go back in evolutionary scale and become even more primitive rather than evolve their minds, bodies and souls? Why people don't stop to think why one thing turned out the way it is, and did they missed something? Why people are jumping to conclusions even if factual evidence show that their conclusions are wrong? Why people more prefer to feel emotionally bad, rather than mentally satisfied?..

P.S. No, I'm not saying that everyone is like that, but my personal statistics show that most of the humanity is this way (and I mean most most - only few individuals are exceptions)... So I'm asking: why?.. WHY???
                              http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/x...0Tesla/171.jpg
                              In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see,
                              And if I give but one light to you my life is filled for me.
                              But...In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see,
                              So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee... موم γλυφή !

- By Faye

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/x...mixretro-1.jpghttp://i739.photobucket.com/albums/x...cept/louuu.jpghttp://i739.photobucket.com/albums/x...mixretro-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X

Fatal error: Uncaught Database error in vBulletin 5.1.4: [Showing truncated query, original length: 3092] [First 500 chars] Invalid SQL: /** saveDbCache */ SELECT * FROM cacheevent WHERE cacheid IN ('node_43650_lvl1data','node_43650_lvl3data','vB_UserPerms9963','vBUserRep_9963','vBAtchmnts_43650','getSearchResults_28650d6def892f6424f2a10e1632ecc2','vBAtchmnts_1123478','vBAtchmnts_1123482','vBAtchmnts_1123484','vBAtchmnts_1123485','vBAtchmnts_1123486','vBAtchmnts_1123488','vBAtchmnts_1123495','vBAtchmnts_1123522','vBAtchmnts_1123549','vBAtchmnts_1124024','vBAtchmnts_1124104','vBAtchmnts_1124129','vBAtchmnts_1124143', [Last 500 chars] f083d9249dc224','vbnodetext_pre_1124104_31_0:f65fae613801a9cd29f083d9249dc224','vbnodetext1124129_31_0:f65fae613801a9cd29f083d9249dc224','vbnodetext_pre_1124129_31_0:f65fae613801a9cd29f083d9249dc224','vbnodetext1124143_31_0:f65fae613801a9cd29f083d9249dc224','vbnodetext_pre_1124143_31_0:f65fae613801a9cd29f083d9249dc224','vbnodetext1124145_31_0:f65fae613801a9cd29f083d9249dc224','v in /home/indigosociety/public_html/core/vb/database.php on line 1253