Love & Light? Buahahaha!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love & Light? Buahahaha!

Does anyone else feel like the whole "love & light" mantra is a bit imbalanced?

In psychology, there's a concept referred to as the "dark self". It's the part of humanity that people don't really like; envy, vanity, greed, selfishness, aggression, evil, bad thoughts, hopelessness, etc.

It often drives people to do horrible things; like sniping people, shooting up the workplace or school, and other things I won't go into details over.

I find that the people who snap generally have been pushed to the edge by family, co-workers, and/or peers, coupled with repression of those dark feelings.

So, is ignoring the dark self and focusing only on rainbows, sparkles, and butterflies really going to lead to ascenscion? I'd think more could be learned and experienced by acknowledging the whole self, not just the nice part. It's a balanced approached which has worked for many people for thousands of years.

Just curious to see what ISers think about the one-sidedness of this love & light concept.
    No! I want to huggle and snuggle ALL living things!!
    0.00%
    Yes. Join the dark side. There will be cake.
    33.33%
    Some love & light people are balanced, some are whackos!
    27.78%
    I am not opinionated on this matter. (As if you can truly be Indigo and not have an opinion ;) )
    5.56%
    Other--I'll explain in the thread!
    33.33%

Hey! So I think there has to be a balance. One foot in the dark, one in the light so to speak. In order to know and feel pure joy and love, you need to feel the alter of it as well.

And honestly, I see a lot more negative in the world then I do positive. I most definitely try to change it, but right now, it's the horrible truth.
    "Bring peace everywhere you go. Energy spreads like wildfire. What energy are you sharing with the world today???"
    I am here to help people on their journey. Feel free to contact me about anything. I wish you luck on your journey. -Stacy

Comment

May your Wishes Grow More Few & Far Between ~
      Love Light & Laughter !
      <3<3<3

Comment

Originally posted by Verumi View Post

So, is ignoring the dark self and focusing only on rainbows, sparkles, and butterflies really going to lead to ascenscion? I'd think more could be learned and experienced by acknowledging the whole self, not just the nice part. It's a balanced approached which has worked for many people for thousands of years.

Just curious to see what ISers think about the one-sidedness of this love & light concept.

The concept of 'body farms' came from Buddhism, there are many reasons for this but they would sit and watch corpse go through its natural course of death to understand life more, and to help realize the depth of the micro and macro causms of nature.
        Love Light & Laughter !
        <3<3<3

Comment

Love&light balance fear&darkness.

Since we perceive f&d in the world and we want to do good, we balance it with l&l.
          Here before you is the natural great perfection of things just as they are.
          Lama Surya Das

Comment

I voted no opinion because I don't care either way. It's not something I usually go around saying to people... just a saying though, like "peace out" or whatever. Don't see the big deal.

Comment

i'm not much of a l&l person myself either. but i really don't see much of that on this forum. just in these kind of threads really. another over-used phrase that we've been over-exposed to. like 'indigo', lol.
              !soil first! every garden is an experiment no experiment is a failure
              ------------------------------------** eat lots of salad! **-----------------------------------

Comment

can you really huggle and snuggle all living things though?
                (cant believe i just wrote that)

There is a blackwidow who has a web along side my bath tub. On a bathtub shaped soap holding dish...there was one in the same place last year, but I killed it, although the experience inspired numerous poems and perspective. Coexistence amongst Light and Love is Life; just add water.

This time I noticed while bathing and got kind of freaked out, it could kill me or fuck me up easy, especially living this far out from a hospital. But, I wound up just leaving "her" there this time thinking of how to best remove the thing, and its been several weeks now.
                Love Light & Laughter !
                <3<3<3

Comment

Dont worry be happy...GOOD LUCK!
                  Love Light & Laughter !
                  <3<3<3

Comment

I have a little bug jar that I use to capture spiders. I take them a good distance from the apartment and release them.

I don't think you can truly huggle and snuggle every living thing, nor would you want to. Scorpions, poisonous frogs, porque pines, vipers, and cancer are just some examples of things I wouldn't want to snuggle up with.

Comment

Love is only a word it gos deep with in. To the emotions it plays as a wager

Comment

I dont use that phrase, becuz I feel its somethin that one should feel in order to understand.. that light and love are around them.If you say it.. its almost like wavin it in someones face. Not everyone will believe or use it,becuz of differences in experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by Verumi View Post
                          I have a little bug jar that I use to capture spiders. I take them a good distance from the apartment and release them.

I don't think you can truly huggle and snuggle every living thing, nor would you want to. Scorpions, poisonous frogs, porque pines, vipers, and cancer are just some examples of things I wouldn't want to snuggle up with.
                          haahaha

Agreed, I could not nor should try to handle some living things, I would not touch a tarantula out of my own petty phobia, which I could manifest for a "rush", even with thought like atm....

The feeling and fear is mutual of course, acceptance isnt always there though, acceptance at least changes everything for the better. Adaptation doesnt encourage personal growth as acceptance does, IMO. We all have unique strong personal value, it is more then a sudden blessing to realize oneself it is a constant reality that individual.

Yes the shock of self awareness is a powerful thing, every body wants it:
                          ego death.

:-\
                          Love Light & Laughter !
                          <3<3<3

Comment

the "dark" has an important protective role that few recognize.

Comment

Originally posted by SarahJennings
                              I don't see what possible benefits "dark" anything could have on this world.
                              that's because you are "love and light".

Comment

Working...
                              X