My favorite starseed movies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite starseed movies

Well, not just my favorite starseed movies, but the only ones I know of. Maybe you guys have some more recommendations.

K-PAX

After being arrested in the Grand Station Central of New York City, a man calling himself Prot (Spacey), who claims to have travelled to Earth from his home planet of K-PAX, is taken to the Manhattan Psychiatric Centre because he is believed to be mentally ill. Mark Powell (Bridges), a psychologist, meets with the man, named Prot, and decides to treat him. Prot seems peaceful and is extremely knowledgeable, even baffling astrophysicists with his uncanny knowledge of astronomy. However, when Prot has a seemingly violent episode at Dr Powell's house, Dr Powell proceeds with regression therapy to find out more about Prot's past. The therapy leads Dr Powell to discover an emotionally painful history, linked to a man named Robert Porter. Time is running out, as Prot says he will be leaving in a few days, and Dr Powell tries to help get to the truth. Meanwhile, Prot meets the other patients of the Psychiatric Centre and takes it upon himself to help them, in his own way. Is Prot really from outer space or is he the product of a deluded mind?

K-PAX (2001)

YouTube - K-PAX trailer

Martian Child

What's the nature of being a parent and of being a child? David is a widower grieving for two years. He writes science fiction and was considered weird as a boy. He meets Dennis, a foster child who claims to be on a mission from Mars, stays in a large box all day, fears sunlight, and wears a belt of flashlight batteries so he won't float away. David takes the six-year-old home on a trial. His sister and his wife's best friend offer support, but the guys are basically alone to figure this out. Dennis takes things, is expelled, and is coached by David in being normal. Will the court approve the adoption, and will Dennis stay? Can a man become a father and a child become a son?

Martian Child (2007)

YouTube - Official Martian Child Movie Trailer: Free New Comedy Drama

The Man Who Fell to Earth (starring David Bowie )

The Man Who Fell to Earth (1976)

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Oh, and I loved K-PAX, and I don't care what all the mainstream-haters say I keep meaning to see Martian Child. Love Cusack. It's wierd though, I didn't see the trailer for it until very recently... had no idea it's already been out for a couple of years.
    "All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."

Comment

Oh, and I loved K-PAX, and I don't care what all the mainstream-haters say
      Yes, I also liked K-PAX a lot. Spacey really is a good actor. I watched it again yesterday. THanks for the movie recommendation. I'll watch it soon.
      Last edited by spaa; 11-16-2009, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Reading the "The man who fell to earth" imdb page I came upon this awesome movie. On the bottom of the page always are recommendations. Looks really interesting. I'll be watching it this evening. Not exactly a starseed movie, but take a look.

YouTube - HOLY MOUNTAIN, THE (1973) Trailer for Alexandro Jodorowsky's psychadelic masterpiece

Comment

Wow, if you think about it, post here after you see The Holy Mountain. I'll be interested to know what you think.

Comment

Some might argue that this one is not a starseed movie but I would argue to the contrary...

The Fountain

Comment

Thanks BM, that looks really good!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta View Post
                Thanks BM, that looks really good!
                It's a pretty incredible movie Sometimes films are made to to activate coding inside us

Comment

oh yes, the fountain is awesome! I like all Darren Aronofsky movies. Especially Pi.
                  Last edited by spaa; 11-16-2009, 02:15 PM.

Comment

This thread reminded me of Contact - one of my favourite movies.

YouTube - Jodie Foster's mystical flight (Contact)

Comment

oh my gosh! I just watched Martian child here : Blinkx Video: Martian Child (2007)

And it was so cool and cute! Thanks for telling me about it, I really loved it.
                      "I dunno, she might be on a mission trip"
                      "A what? A MUSHROOM TRIP?"
                      " LOL NO... XD.. That's not what I said."

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        This thread reminded me of Contact - one of my favourite movies.

YouTube - Jodie Foster's mystical flight (Contact)

YES, one of my absolute favorites. For so so many reasons. Although not exactly a starseed movie, but there do seem to be a lack of them.

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

I can't believe I forgot about The Fifth Element...

The Fifth Element (1997)

Comment

"the day the earth stood still."

"do you feel pain?"

"my body does."

"can you die?"

"my body can."

classic.
                          No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Comment

how about that movie with Cage

Knowing?
                            "When the fire within you becomes more important than the shadows chasing you.." - Dr. Robert Ghost Wolf

Comment

"Indigo"--available on netflix

Comment

Working...
                              X