Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mod application (for wherever you can use one)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mod application (for wherever you can use one)

Name: Abigail

About you:Hmm, how to describe myself best? Empath, reiki background, witchy, crazy, funny at times (i hope :P) and always looking for people to help.
    Living in Europe (denmark/holland) Danish boyfriend, and living together with a black cat.
    Erm, creative (making jewelry, drawing/painting, and yes even knitting and crochet from time to time *blush*)

Age: 33 year old but 14-16 at heart at times, emotional backpack of an 80 year old.

Knowledge of Indigo Society Rules outline here: Fully aware of the rules.

Experience moderating from other forums: none

Activity Level: Reading pretty much every day, posting depends on my moods.

Forums you're interested in & want to inspire: Wherever I am needed, applying because I felt there could be use for a mod in euro timezone, as well as wanting to help in general. Did Mak ever get mod for the newbie section? If not, That would be a nice place to start.

Other comments: none so far, but if you have questions, feel free to inquire for info :P
    Last edited by Abigail; 03-15-2012, 01:36 PM. Reason: multitude of typo's, as usual, lol
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

'A man is but the product of his thoughts, what he thinks, he becomes'

I would love to see you as mod Abi!!!
    ~a whisper~

Comment

I was a mod once but then the new romantics took over
      Water which is too pure has no fish -- Ts'ai Ken T'an

Comment

I say good deal

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”
        ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge

sigpic

Comment

Aibigail's cool peeps.
          She handled my frustration yesterday like a pro.
          sigpic <==== *The world through my eyes *

Comment

Upvoted for the Danish Boyfriend LOL

But yeah, good idea honey . Btw do you have a link to those jewels you're making?

Comment

I dont think we need more policing..just more sympathy from the mods.
              Less telling us what to do..more helping us to get along.
              Abigail was understanding with me.
              If she can bring a little more civility to what going on around here im all for it..
              But no we dont need more rules..If we werent picked at for standing up and stating opinions that oppose the way the rules are enforced..The mods in return would not get so picked at.
              Trolls would not find IS such an easy target to take down..
              Because your effectively muzzling the users.
              We cant even defend ourselves, or make up our own minds about people here.
              Were being told who not to speak to..like children.
              There is no outlet on here for our frustrations with censorship and the mods playing gods with our accounts.
              Just about Every decision made about trolls and infractions lately has been subjective to POV and individual interpretations of those rules.
              Rules that tell you to love and feel free to express yourself.
              But sit down and shut up when the mods are telling you not to talk to some one.
              I thought one of the main definitions of a indigo was to be a catalyst to society..
              Not to stay within aforementioned boundaries.
              How are we to reach enlightenment when we are being treated like children..
              I hope that as a sympathetic person, abigail will understand where people like me's feelings of frustration are truly coming from.

That being said..I understand where the current policy of not feeding the trolls can come in handy..
              But not when they have something legitimate to say.
              The more that happens the less this will feel like a place to be free..and more like a prison..
              Thanx for reading my rant..And I hope ya'll can read this, and take it in from a mature objective place inside yourself..
              Im not attacking or condoning anyone's behaviors of late..
              We've all been a little frustrated, no matter what side of the fence your on.
              Last edited by SoundSleeper; 03-16-2012, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Neptune
                sorry Abigail, you know I love you but I'm anti mod and I agree with Albert.....
                this place is in need of a fun injection, not more police....
                but mod away if you want to, I'll still be your brutally honest friend
                I know hon, and you know how I love sarcastic humor and slaps in the buttocks *evil grin*
                That said, I do think this place is in need of a fun injection,
                I also think there are occasions where we could give the mods a break for whatever happened in the past and realize they are just human too,
                and that behind the scenes they probably have quite a fat workload which gives them less time to join in the fun.
                So, by pitching in I hope we can bring the fun back for everyone.

If being a mod changes me into a dull and trigger-happy fat cop and you see that happening,
                you are allowed to shoot me with a donut cannon,I promiss!
                "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by AmonRa View Post
                  Upvoted for the Danish Boyfriend LOL

But yeah, good idea honey . Btw do you have a link to those jewels you're making?
                  Hehe danish is the finest meat on the market I must say! :P
                  No, I don't have a link yet, I should put them online somewhere, I am having a creativity mood atm so I am making a lot,
                  so hopefully soon I will be able to show them off

Comment

I have one more thing to add to what I said..
                    Im the type of person who like's to find out things themselves..The bad and the good.
                    The more you tell me no, the more Im going to want to find out why..And If I really shouldent.
                    But theres is a limit to that with me..There are always going to be some lines I will never willingly cross.And being unfair or knowingly a bad influence on the naive is one of them.
                    I dont want ya'll to think my curiosity and outspokenness makes me a bad person..Or heading in the wrong direction..I always circle back once I find out the score.
                    I just need to know the facts before I write someone or something off..
                    Now I feel like I know whats up..
                    And ya'll prolly wont see me much on ANY forum for a while.
                    Im a little dissapointed in my findings.
                    And the fact that a lot of people arent willing to hear me out and go with their gut on this "war of the trolls".
                    Jumping to conclusions, good or bad,and not listening to both sides of the story can leave a person drowning alone in an ocean of good intentions, surrounded by sharks.
                    Its up to us to decide who the sharks are, and unfortunately on the internet, its way harder to tell who's who.

*sorry Im ranting on your thread abigail..I know some would call this trolling..But I dont think it is..Not unless its intentionally disruptive..And this is something I really felt needed to be said.
                    Last edited by SoundSleeper; 03-16-2012, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Neptune
                      hahaha.... me too.
                      instead they have these slaves doing it for free.
                      sad but true.
                      the Truth is always sad....
                      I don't suffer from insanity, i enjoy every minute of it ! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoundSleeper View Post
                        I have one more thing to add to what I said..
                        Im the type of person who like's to find out things themselves..The bad and the good.
                        The more you tell me no, the more Im going to want to find out why..And If I really shouldent.
                        But theres is a limit to that with me..There are always going to be some lines I will never willingly cross.And being unfair or knowingly a bad influence on the naive is one of them.
                        I dont want ya'll to think my curiosity and outspokenness makes me a bad person..Or heading in the wrong direction..I always circle back once I find out the score.
                        I just need to know the facts before I write someone or something off..
                        Now I feel like I know whats up..
                        And ya'll prolly wont see me much on ANY forum for a while.
                        Im a little dissapointed in my findings.
                        And the fact that a lot of people arent willing to hear me out and go with their gut on this "war of the trolls".
                        Jumping to conclusions, good or bad,and not listening to both sides of the story can leave a person drowning alone in an ocean of good intentions, surrounded by sharks.
                        Its up to us to decide who the sharks are, and unfortunately on the internet, its way harder to tell who's who.

*sorry Im ranting on your thread abigail..I know some would call this trolling..But I dont think it is..Not unless its intentionally disruptive..And this is something I really felt needed to be said.
                        Don't worry about it, sometimes you need to vent, and this is as good a place as any :P

I don't think wanting to find things out on your own and looking at multiple sides is a bad thing,
                        that said, I also think there are a lot more sides to matters then just two,
                        and complicating things more, good intentions can land badly, bad intentions can end up doing good :P
                        Always found that funny.

Sorry to hear you are disappointed, and cutting down on forum time,
                        I do value your opinion, whether or not I agree with it all the time :P
                        Thank you for your input!

Comment

If you become a mod ignoring trolls is going to be a big part of your job. It would look better if you managed to ignore them in your app thread ;-)

Just a friendly reminder, I think you'll probably make a good mod :-)

Comment

Were being told who not to speak to..like children.
                            There are a grand total of... TWO sociopathic trolls that keep coming back to IS over and over. That's who you are being asked not to respond to. Just two people who need to move on for their own mental health.

One of them has been coming back here over and over for years, creating 1000's of fake accounts and the fake email addresses required for each of those accounts. Think about that.

The other is on his way to becoming just as bizarrely obsessed. Think about the amount of time these people are wasting on a little internet forum that they claim not to even like. It doesn't matter how reasonable their posts sound some of the time, there is something wrong there.

The reason they're here at all is that at IS we gave them lots and lots of chances, unlike the countless other forums where they have been banned which did it quickly before they could get too attached. Now that they are attached they keep coming back because when they post here they get the attention they're looking for.

Comment

It was a valid question, that other may have wondered about too.
                              Hence I decided to answer it.

Point taken though, and thanx
                              Last edited by Abigail; 03-17-2012, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X