Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[twitchtwitch]

=]
    Imma step outside to burn some herbs and send some loving alchemy into the skies.
    What a morning!
    If enough people stop having bank accounts, stop driving cars everywhere, stop supporting big buisness and major corporations, stop consuming useless crap stolen out of the earth and shipped all over the god damned place to be processed here, stored here, sold there, eaten somewhere else, just gennerally stop FEEDING THE BEAST... It will die.

Comment

You're all wrong.

And you wonder why Thanatos needs to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Aion View Post
        I'm going to break up your post, take some things out of context and respond to each question individually. I'm not doing this to be prick, so don't misunderstand me, but I'm sure you know that already.
        Yes I do understand that.

Yes! People are so terrified of this thing you new agers call "light." Why!? If I say you're a twat, and it hurts you, guess what I did?! I showed you how insecure you are. I led you to a door of self-discovery. Why is this so hard for you people to understand?
        Are you calling me a new ager!? How dare you! (just joking, lol). Well, I do understand that sometimes some people will want to "toughen" people up, or "challenge" them in non so called "light" ways, and/or that when they call someone names ((like you have done with your not directed to anyone in particular "you are all morons" comments, which, btw, has made me laugh a few times, and I have not taken that personally, or the wrong way, as I saw that you didn't mean it in a way to put people down, or to hurt people, just to make (part of) your point...)).

However, I do not see a "need" for calling people names, or talking down to them, and feel that if one is trying to teach someone something (other than to “toughen” then up, and what if a person does not want people to try and toughen them up, or it does damage to them because they are not tough or strong enough?) that sometimes, some people will be more open to listening to what someone has to say, if there is no name calling of that particular person, in the “message”. Do you understand that? I mean, some people will not care about that aspect of things. One can make a very strong point, without calling names, imo.

There are a lot worse things a person can do to you than call you names.

They only hurt if you're insecure. I promise you. Become secure and strong in who you are, and what people say will roll right off your back. I promise. I promise, I promise, I promise! Why do you think all the enlightened people of the past were immune to this stuff? Because they reached a point where they understood themselves, stopped being afraid and insecure of themselves, and approached it all as a learning experience!
        I agree!

The question you should be asking yourself is, "Is it really so terrible?"
        It depends. For example, kids at school being bullied, called names, treated cruelly, and the child is fragile, vulnerable, unsafe, and feels hurt by it, then yes in that case, it’s something that I would say is unfair, cruel, treatment (that can in some cases, harm people, some people develop certain “problems” or commit suicide because of how they have felt about how they have been treated). So, while it may be “ideal” that everyone is tough enough, strong enough, and secure enough to not feel hurt by such things, being called names, being insulted, and/or being bullied, the reality is, that some people are just not that way (at least not at the time).

That's why it's a problem for you. Don't condemn it - learn about it. How could insulting or otherwise hurting someone be beneficial to them? I could think of a number of ways. Think about it without being so judgmental
        I am learning about it, and am not seeing it as just black and white. For example, there are some people on IS who I like, and who have written some (imo) intelligent, wise, points/posts, who also sometimes call people names or insult them.

I do think there can be some more “appropriate”, more “useful” ways to “help” or “teach” people, or “guide” or express certain views, than calling them names, or insulting them, if you think that is being judgmental, than that is what you think! I think/see/feel that there is a difference between judging a person, and not agreeing with them on something, or not “supporting” certain behaviours.

because I can counter this statement with, "Insulting people is the only way to get them to shut up and listen."
        While this is the case for some people, it is not for others! Some people will not be open and listen to what one has to say, if they are called names, or insulted!

Now, let's say I'm dealing with a particularly stupid and superstitious individual who could learn a lot from me, but is stubborn and refuses to listen. This is how I feel about a large chunk of IS. How do I break down their defenses? By attacking their ego. The ego's balance between the id and the superego is delicate; when that balance is disrupted, the person spirals into a state of confusion, self-loathing and helplessness. This is who the person truly is behind the facades they wear in their day to day. The ego is weak. The lot of you are weak. By insulting you people and making you feel bad about yourselves, it opens the door to self-discovery for you. If you were all as enlightened as you think you are, you wouldn't be so easy and fun to decimate.
        About attacking people’s egos (and yes I know, sometimes people will learn, grow, when this happens, I’ve seen it with some others, and have experienced this myself sometimes) I see/feel there are different ways to do that (not that I’ve done that intentionally, I am sure I have, without meaning to, as in some people’s egos have been offended by some of what I, and others, have said on IS).

It's a very positive thing. Pain is a very positive thing once you move beyond your attachment to happiness. You should be thankful that this is what you have to worry about and not the myriad other things people could do to you.
        Yes I agree (and it’s been true for me sometimes) that pain can help one to grow. There is no point in me repeating some of what I have expressed already in this post.

So, Aion, it appears that we agree and disagree on some things about all of this!
        Last edited by Amethyst; 02-13-2010, 10:36 AM.

Comment

And just to add, some people (at least sometimes) do not seem (to me) to be calling names, or insulting, to "help" another/others in any way.

Comment

No, we do agree. The difference is I've learned to live it and have resolved my own duality. You're in the process of doing that.

You do understand. Everything else is just fear of feeling a little pain. You have to learn to take a step back and discard your personal views and morality to understand that even seemingly senseless pain has a purpose, even if none of the parties are aware of it, and we can't be afraid of it.

It's easier for me to live this than it is for most people, because of my chronic condition. You have to learn to be thankful for the pain. You may not agree with it, so don't add to it needlessly.

In other words, just because you don't understand, that doesn't make it wrong or unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by jeRaste View Post
              That shit is so real.
              Not being jealous of something, anything, because you see that there is no seperation between you and the other...
              For some reason I have never had it click really, what I had been noticing build up, until you put it that way.
              Hard to explain, but the mental maps of my conciousness just got an upgrade several areas due to this post.
              THANKS. =]
              I think it is to some degree a jealous energy that goes through. One who insults on some level really wants what the other has and at that moment, cannot have it and so out of frustration the only thing left to do is try to steal power. And if the insult hits home and is returned, the power has been successfully sucked and then from there on out it is a war of getting false power back and forth. That's really all it is. Life is much easier when I remember this.

Originally posted by Grandma Lola View Post
              ok Beautiful Mind and jeRaste...I just got really immense chills when I read the last two posts...Flippin Flappin Big energy between you two right now.
              Something actually hapend I mean something traveled through time and space enough for me to feel it....Powerful!

Comment

There is no pain in the worlds of higher frequencies. Therefore consciousness that came from higher worlds are not used to the pain. They know worlds with other laws.

Pain is the attribute of ego. The stronger our ego is the harder we can get hurt. Insulting is always a game of ego. It attacks others to prove that others are weaker or worse. A non-ego based way of self-assertion is expanding own knowledge about yourself and the universe.

I can’t see how insulting can help a person to grow, because by insulting you address his ego and it activates his survival instincts. It’s possible to help if you are not afraid to tell the truth and address higher levels (= send positive energies).

Comment

This thread is hot fire.

Learning is fun.
                  Living is fun.
                  Combining the two is just so freaking raw.

My one and only tattoo says "learn and grow"... =]
                  If enough people stop having bank accounts, stop driving cars everywhere, stop supporting big buisness and major corporations, stop consuming useless crap stolen out of the earth and shipped all over the god damned place to be processed here, stored here, sold there, eaten somewhere else, just gennerally stop FEEDING THE BEAST... It will die.

Comment

I think the days of insulting people as a way of motivation is over; It just doesn't work.

For example, anyone ever remember that teacher or coach spewing negative stuff about how everybody is a looser to try and motive them to do better; Ya doesn't work. It's old school thinking, it time to leave the box. WhooHOO

Comment

It’s just a power trip… I bet that most wouldn’t do it if they were faced with the real thing.. I mean person to person… Most do this because they are cowards and use the Internet to get a kick…

People insult other people because is human nature to do so.. They just want to feel superior.
                      When someone puts someone else down, they feel better about themselves. Its all about security and is an avenue to feel superior.. .
                      Also must say that some people insult other people because some deserve to be insulted..
                      I have done it here on IS and I don’t like it a bit…
                      I feel sad when I do that…
                      But I only do that to come to help if someone insults someone just for fun
                      … That is not only cruel but also immature….
                      If You decide to insult?.. Well I come and try to protect..
                      That is with anyone, friends or not….
                      Manlio….
                      Last edited by QuosVadis; 02-14-2010, 07:06 PM.
                      Humanity is going to need a substantially new way of thinking if it is to survive!" (Albert Einstein)

Comment

The question shouldn't be "Why do people insult others" it should be "Why do people allow themselves to feel or become insulted" ?

If you feel insulted by something, then obviously you've given an automatic win to your bully!

But ignore me, I am coming out with a lot of weird shit lately!

Comment

Originally posted by RavenMother View Post
                          The question shouldn't be "Why do people insult others" it should be "Why do people allow themselves to feel or become insulted" ?

If you feel insulted by something, then obviously you've given an automatic win to your bully!

Ah hah! Way to go! We have a winner.

It's about time someone said this.

This is incredibly important. How can you have an inner journey when you can't take responsibility for how you respond to other people?

See~! Makes me happy.

But I'm gushing now.

Comment

I think the answer is very simple and is the same answer to the question: Why do we compliment each other?

Simply put, it is egoic masterbation. By sharing opinions, beliefs, and experiences, we're stroking our own ego. It's not a bad thing, it's not a good thing...it is what it is.

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            ...and is there anything "good"/"positive" about calling people names/insulting them?

I personally see there to be no need for me to insult anyone, or for others to insult anyone.

Perhaps it helps some people "let off steam" - are there no other ways that are just as (or more) effective?

Perhaps it sometimes is to do with revenge...or "the person deserves it because of...."

If one is making a point, a strong point, and if someone was really trying to "teach" someone something (other than trying to toughen someone up), would they insult them when writing/talking to them? If so, then to me it seems that perhaps some people would be more open to what you/someone speaks about/writes about, if you/someone don't call them names, insult them/put them down.

And yes I know what some will think, so I will answer it now (lol) of course people who are being called names, are being insulted, they can have the responsibility to not be a victim to it (does that make it "ok" for someone to treat someone else how ever they like? I would say with some things, no, it is not ok).

Comment

Interesting post Amethyst

When someone insults someone else, they are projecting their own negative feelings onto their object. By calling them rude and insulting things they are venting their own frustrations. That's just it though, the feelings are theirs and theirs alone. It is up to the one who is the object of the negative feelings to agree that the feelings being projected are even worthy of recognition.

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”
                              ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge

sigpic

Comment

The question shouldn't be "Why do people insult others" it should be
                                Well, it's bought up a good discussion! Why not several questions, looking at different angles, related to all of this? One question can lead to another...can lead to another...

"Why do people allow themselves to feel or become insulted" ?
                                Well yes that is an important question, and it connects to the original post (as well as other posts in this thread).

I don't think it's weird shit (hehe) you have made an important point.

Comment

Working...
                                X