Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those who accuse others of jealousy and lying...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those who accuse others of jealousy and lying...

Is it just me, or does it seem that people who accuse other people of being jealous or liars are rather likely to be jealous and prone to lying themselves?

Anyone have any experience on the matter?

It's called projection.

"We still attribute to the other fellow all the evil and inferior qualities that we do not like to recognize in ourselves, and therefore have to criticize and attack him, when all that has happened is that an inferior "soul" has emigrated from one person to another. The world is still full of betes noires and scapegoats, just as it formerly teemed with witches and werewolves" ~ C. G. Jung
    The poetry of life and death lie within the process.

Comment

Heh, so it's not just me who's noticed this type of thing.

Comment

Those who accuse others for having this kind of behavior, it's not that they are being cheated or being lied to but their fear to be treated like that. This fear comes from the family members - who are being treated in this way - or even from past experiences. I have faced this kind of behavior and it's not easy at all to point to the "attacker" that you are not the source of the problem but this comes from his/her social background. So yep, you are not the only one.
        "Some Warriors look fierce but are mild. Some seem timid but are vicious. Look beyond appearances - position yourself for the advantage. - Deng Ming-Dao

sigpic

Comment

Sometimes yes, sometimes not.. it's all about rational observation. But even you are calling people who call others jealous or liars , jealous or liars makes you yourself according to your logic an individual prone to being jealous or a liar.

Comment

He said those that "accuse" others of being liars and jealous are usually jealous and liars. Is that an accusation or an observation?

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”
            ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge

sigpic

Comment

He said those that "accuse" others of being liars and jealous are usually jealous and liars. Is that an accusation or an observation?
              You could say the same for those who accuse other of being jealous and liars, it could be an accusation or an observtion... but he is himself accusing others of being jealous and liars if they accuse others, which he has done

Comment

Originally posted by SecretAgentMan View Post
                You could say the same for those who accuse other of being jealous and liars, it could be an accusation or an observtion... but he is himself accusing others of being jealous and liars if they accuse others, which he has done
                but is he accusing, or observing?

is observing that people who tend to eat over 3,000 calories a day tend to be overweight accusing them of being overweight? or is it simply an observation of a fact?

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”

sigpic

Comment

but is he accusing, or observing?

is observing that people who tend to eat over 3,000 calories a day tend to be overweight accusing them of being overweight? or is it simply an observation of a fact?
                  If you are observing you must provide evidence otherwise what separates him from those he accuses? He seems to be giving an opinion in the same way otherwise..

Comment

Observation is the first step in scientific investigation. Many studies that provide proof for a subject began as a scientist's observations.

He asked a question - was it "just him" or did this appear to be so? Sounds like an observation to me. He's observed a particular trend and is commenting on it, getting others opinions and observations. An accusation would have been "All people who accuse others of lying and being jealous are really jealous and liars".

All a matter of perception I suppose

sigpic

Comment

Observation is the first step in scientific investigation. Many studies that provide proof for a subject began as a scientist's observations.

He asked a question - was it "just him" or did this appear to be so? Sounds like an observation to me. He's observed a particular trend and is commenting on it, getting others opinions and observations. An accusation would have been "All people who accuse others of lying and being jealous are really jealous and liars".

All a matter of perception I suppose

sigpic

Comment

but can a person who calls someone jealous and a liar not be making an observation? does it make person evil to call Hiter evil?

The accusation was " people who acuse others of lying and jealous are likely to be themselves really jealous and liars"

Comment

Originally posted by Yann View Post
                          Is it just me, or does it seem that people who accuse other people of being jealous or liars are rather likely to be jealous and prone to lying themselves?

Anyone have any experience on the matter?
                          Sorry SAM, it just doesn't come across as an accusation to me...but that's how I'm preceiving it

sigpic

Comment

Considering Sam told me I was jealous of him earlier today in another thread I find this all very amusing...

Comment

Considering Sam told me I was jealous of him earlier today in another thread I find this all very amusing...
                              considering what you said for me to say that I also find this all amusing. Just proves that everything should be viewed objectively and not making general statements that everyone who does such and such and this is that...

Comment

Working...
                              X