Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunger Games movie watchers disgusted the innocent little girl is 'black'

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03...ors/?hpt=hp_t3

So there is this sweet little girl in the books and the author specifically says she has dark skin. Movie goers are 'tweeting' how disgusted they were that Rue was casted as a little black girl.

Are you freaking kidding me? I can't believe how disgusting people can still be.

What sells, money money.....morals mean nothing, in fact do they even know what they have done wrong?
    Water which is too pure has no fish -- Ts'ai Ken T'an

Comment

What are they disgusted about? I don't get it.

Comment

The thing that is wrong is some of the readers of the books imagined Rue to be a little blonde girl (for some reason) and were pissed when the actress who played her was black.

Comment

Read the article, it explains it.

Comment

I think people are taking the movie a little too seriously. In many ways.

Comment

It is called propaganda. Racism is being drummed up due to the upcoming presidential elections.

Reading the tweets is kind of funny because they look just like trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by FPConEcho View Post
                It is called propaganda. Racism is being drummed up due to the upcoming presidential elections.

humans really are mindless pawns aren't they....

Comment

Originally posted by FPConEcho View Post

Really interesting perspective. Didn't even think of that. Yeah, I was totally shocked people would even think things like what were posted as tweets.

Comment

If they don't like blacks, then they should watch stuff like 70s-Show. No blacks in that.

Comment

Originally posted by skillet View Post
                      If they don't like blacks, then they should watch stuff like 70s-Show. No blacks in that.
                      not true.....

http://www.tv.com/shows/that-70s-sho...gether-347222/
                      Last edited by problematique; 03-27-2012, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Maybe they will feature cyberbullies, and people will get file a complaint. When cyberbullies change their name, does it make them think that they're any less of a cyberbully?
                        Last edited by skillet; 03-27-2012, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skillet View Post
                          When cyberbullies change their name, does it make them think that they're any less of a cyberbully?
                          being wrong doesn't equal being bullied.

also, you are trolling. that is off topic. you need to be mindful of these things, someone may report you.

namaste

Comment

Trolling where? Everything I said is totally on topic regarding customers filing complaints about the race of characters featured in the movie. Including the race of delusional cyberbullies. So who's really trolling?
                            Last edited by skillet; 03-27-2012, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Either way, it's blatant racism. Alot of movies and shows being put out have a tendency to either disregard minorities, or include a cheap token with absolutely no purpose just to avoid being called racist. Look at Walking Dead. One token on the team who does nothing. Then there's Game of Thrones who has zilch black families. Why aren't the Baratheons black? Aren't they black in the book?

Comment

Working...
                              X