• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astronomers discover planet made of diamond

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...77O69A20110825

woaaa

Awesome
    WHAT I AM SEEKING IS NOT THE REAL AND NOT THE UNREAL BUT RATHER THE UNCONSCIOUS, THE MYSTERY OF THE INSTINCTIVE IN THE HUMAN RACE."

AMADEO MODIGLIANI

Comment

Doctor who is real! D:

Comment

ehhhh...I don't know, I'm not much for diamonds.....they just look like glass to me.

Now if they find one made out of Opals.....Beam me up Scotty
        Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got. ~Janis Joplin

Comment

I am with you Lola.
          Opals are Gateways
          to every where and
          every when.

Be in harmony,
          be in beauty psychic child.
          roger
          pc
          Be in Harmony, Walk in Beauty. . .
          This is a navajo journey-way blessing it was given to me
          by a navajo healer-shaman, pappa john,

Comment

I wear them every day...surround myself with them....even my wedding ring is an opal.

I can fall into them, I have several in the rock still that I keep in water. I want to do something with them but they are so fragile.

Comment

I prefer thunder eggs myself. No I am not talking about eggs that are farting either

Comment

Originally posted by Grandma Lola View Post
                I wear them every day...surround myself with them....even my wedding ring is an opal.

I can fall into them, I have several in the rock still that I keep in water. I want to do something with them but they are so fragile.
                They are fragile, due to the liquid in side of them.
                Having them absorb your body oil is the best.
                The smaller ones I rub on my nose, the
                larger ones I keep mine stored in a bottle
                with glycerine.
                I'll make some small gold gateway
                sculptures for them someday.
                Be in harmony,
                roger
                pc

Comment

haha...I know, I rub them in my scalp....a jeweler told me once that it is the best place to get oil from my body....lol

What is a thunder stone particle?? Don't think I have ever seen one.

Comment

I just read in Yahoo news that President Obama is saying he wants to set up a fleet of spacestations around the diamond planet and start a planetary scal mining operation because if we had all those diamonds the whole earth wouldn't be poor anymore.

Comment

The whole world isn't poor now...there is plenty for everyone, it's just that the few take too much and leave the many without what they need.

I can't see that changing if we get more riches.....stil those who are afraid that they don't have enough will take as much as they can and those who don't fight for thiers won't get it.

AS long as Capitolism is looked at as the way of the world, there will be many that starve.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandma Lola View Post
                        haha...I know, I rub them in my scalp....a jeweler told me once that it is the best place to get oil from my body....lol
                        What is a thunder stone particle?? Don't think I have ever seen one.
                        Lola,
                        Thunder Stone is another name for a hollow Geode usually with a coating of crystals inside.
                        Be in harmony
                        roger
                        is
                        PC

Comment

plus i don't see the point of brinning new diamond on earth as if it would make ppl richer lol it would just create an inflation on diamong market, unless it is something valuable for the industry, which is not the case i think, exept for few things like if we were needed vast amount of diamon to make oil digging or for some other industrial use,otherwise it would not change a lot about poverty on earth lol ppl would starve with diamond rings, it wouldn't change much about it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Blacksheep View Post
                            I just read in Yahoo news that President Obama is saying he wants to set up a fleet of spacestations around the diamond planet and start a planetary scal mining operation because if we had all those diamonds the whole earth wouldn't be poor anymore.
                            Of course if we all had lots, they would be worth nothing.
                            Rule of supply and demand.
                            The more there is of something the less "value" it has.
                            At one time in history Aluminum was the most precious metal on earth.
                            The color Red on a ceramic bowl was so rare that only the Emperior
                            of China could have one.
                            The "value" thus the cost of diamonds is kept high because a Diamond Cartel
                            only releases so many per year. The Russians have been manufacturing perfect
                            1/2 kt to 2 kt polished Blue-White Diamonds for at least 20 years, but only release
                            enough to make sure that the price of diamonds remains high.

I was a partner in a small Doll company in the 1980's. Our first porcelain dolls sold at $65.
                            They were uniquely very real and setting a new trend became a "must-have" for a collector
                            to have in their collection. 5 years later that same doll [kept to a scaled limited production
                            of 300 per year] sold for $750 dollars.
                            Interesting world we live in.
                            Be in harmony,
                            roger
                            is
                            PC.

Comment

@all of you-

Yea that was my point, it was a joke- but I was pointing out that capitolism is failed and unsalvagable and illogical. It only makes sense if a few people have and everyone else pursues. Like PC pointed out some people have to have most of it for the rest of us to need it, otherwise if everybody had it nobody would need it and capitolism requires a broad foundation of needyness and a tiny pinnacle of wealth.The fact that there is an entire planet made out of the most sought after mineral on the earth makes it seem obvious to me.

here on earth we have an entire planet made out of food water and shelter but the capitolist have managed to horde that in to demand with a police enforced system. Why cant we do that with the diamond planet?

I used to think that god was like carbon, everywhere and immeasurably usefull but not worth forming a religion out of. Id think, "carbon is great, but what worth would it be to compile a huge mass of it altogether?", but now I know that if you compiled it and compressed it, just like god it has the potentiel to cause capitolisms pyramid to crumble.

I used to collect those geodes at my grandma's in the Arizona mountains, I like the name thunderstone. She had a rocky stream in her back yard and along the stream were geodes.

Comment

Working...
                              X