The Periodic Table of the Elements: An Artistic Perspective

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Periodic Table of the Elements: An Artistic Perspective

I'd like to share with you an artistic reinterpretation of the Periodic Table of the Elements, my intent is to show not only the similarities between elements, but also their interconnectedness, as a continuous spiral, woven into a web. I call it the Periodic Spiderweb:

(Click to enlarge, I scaled it down to be nice to people with normal sized monitors)
    Save the Males!!! (www.noharmm.org)
    Blue Crystal Monkey
    I Dedicate in order to Play
    Universalizing Illusion
    I seal the Process of Magic
    With the Crystal tone of Cooperation
    I am guided by the power of Abundance
    I am a galactic activation portal * *enter me.

This sort of begs the question, what if it were to be modeled in 3D? Would we simply find that we are, in effect, a molecule or DNA strand in something much larger than ourselves?

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”
    ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge

sigpic

Comment

sometime soon, I plan to rewrite the program I used to make the table so I can model it in 3d. The shape would resemble a mountain more than anything else.
      Save the Males!!! (www.noharmm.org)
      Blue Crystal Monkey
      I Dedicate in order to Play
      Universalizing Illusion
      I seal the Process of Magic
      With the Crystal tone of Cooperation
      I am guided by the power of Abundance
      I am a galactic activation portal * *enter me.

Comment

Eh - topography of a land we can't quite see.

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”
        ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X