This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Types of Psychic Abilities

Animal Telepathy - The ability to communicate with (but not command or influence) various kinds of creatures. Think "pet psychic".

Astral Projection - The ability to leave one's body and travel in spirit to another location.

Aura Reading - The ability to see the energy fields that emanate from living beings. Psychic ability can often reveal itself throught the seeing of auras.

Automatic Writing - Writing through the subconscious mind without conscious thought, or through the guidance of an outside intelligence.

Channeling - Associated with mediums, this is the ability to act as a channel or vessel for an outside intelligence.

Clairaudience - Put simply, this type of ability is used to hear what is "inaudible". For example, someone with this ability could be a thousand miles way and "hear" a loved one's cry of distress.

Clairvoyance - Usually confused with Precognition, this ability actually has much more in common with "Remote Viewing", True clairvoyance is not the abilitly to see into the future, but the psychic ability to see visions of that which is hidden or far away.

Clairsentience - In this instance the psychic has an insight or "knowing" of and a hidden or forgotten fact.

Divination - A broad term that includes fortune telling, precognition, prophesy, and other methods used in an effort to predict the future.

Dowsing - Also known as "water witching", dowsing involves the use of a rod, sticks, or pendulum to locate water or lost objects.

Empathy - The talent to sense the needs, drives, and emotions of another. As with Aura Reading, psychic ability can often reveal itself through the development of empathy.

E.S.P. - Extra Sensory Perception is the awareness of information about events external to the psychic that are not gained through the senses and not deducible from previous experience. Often used to describe clairvoyance, precognition, telepathy, etc...

Intuition - Similar to clairsentience, this is the power or faculty of attaining direct knowledge or cognition without rational thought or inference.

Levitation - The ability to cause one's body to hover off the ground. One of the more well-documented cases of levitation involved St. Theresa of Avila during the 16th century.

Mind Over Body - Suppressing or mentally satisfying the need for water, food, or sleep. There is some debate over whether this is actually a psychic ability since many of those who are associated with this trait (monks, yogis, mystics, etc...) are not generally called "psychics".

Precognition - Quite simply, "knowing the future". However, since time is a dynamic construct, no one psychic can ever know every detail about the future. Usually this ability refers to knowing general outcomes of specific courses of action, with occasional flashes of detailed insight.

Psychometry - Also known as "object reading", psychometry enables a psychic to pick up on psychic impressions (vibrations) left on an object by someone connected with it. Someone with this ability could use an unfamiliar object to reveal much about its owner.

Pyrokinesis - The ability to start fires with one's mind.

Telekinesis - Also known as psychokinesis, the ability to move objects with one's mind.

Telepathy - The ability to communicate mind-to-mind with another.

...what are you? DISCUSS!
    "It seems I am trying to tell you a dream--making a vain attempt, because no relation of a dream can convey the dream-sensation, that commingling of absurdity, surprise, and bewilderment in a tremor of struggling revolt, that notion of being captured by the incredible which is the very essence of dreams...It is impossible. We live, as we dream..."--Heart of Darkness

Clairsentience - In this instance the psychic has an insight or "knowing" of and a hidden or forgotten fact.My friends quite often ask me "How do/did you know that?" and I honestly don't know.

Dowsing - Also known as "water witching", dowsing involves the use of a rod, sticks, or pendulum to locate water or lost objects. I have successfully found water/wells in the foothills of southern co over the last 12 years

Empathy - The talent to sense the needs, drives, and emotions of another. As with Aura Reading, psychic ability can often reveal itself through the development of empathy.I thought this was just because I was a woman with maternal instincts

Intuition - Similar to clairsentience, this is the power or faculty of attaining direct knowledge or cognition without rational thought or inference.I just seem to have a good gut when it comes to making decisions

Mind Over Body - Suppressing or mentally satisfying the need for water, food, or sleep. There is some debate over whether this is actually a psychic ability since many of those who are associated with this trait (monks, yogis, mystics, etc...) are not generally called "psychics".I think this is a trained quality. My fathers fav words "imposed discipline fosters self imposed discipline, I went to catholic grade school, I was in the military, I love remote places in the outdoors, these types of life experiences can really develop this ability

Precognition - Quite simply, "knowing the future". However, since time is a dynamic construct, no one psychic can ever know every detail about the future. Usually this ability refers to knowing general outcomes of specific courses of action, with occasional flashes of detailed insight.Again, my friends constantly asking me "how did you know that? I just did/"
    Anyone miss me?

Anyone even notice I was gone?

Comment

few of those im just learning tho..or just recently discovered
      Last edited by ethtardo; 07-10-2007, 09:40 PM.

Comment

me

Major attributes;

Intuition
        Autowriting
        Precognition
        Clairsentience

Secondary/ third party experiences;
        ESP
        Clairaudiance
        telepathy
        psychometry
        Last edited by psuedo-judo; 07-10-2007, 09:39 PM. Reason: made more coherent
        Bigger whirls have little whirls,
        That feed of there velocity,
        And little whirls have lesser whirls,
        And so on to viscosity.

Comment

Empathy BIG TIME

Precognition, Animal Telepathy

I don't know what else I may be able to accomplish - I was told that I closed this part of myself, I have a large channel for it but I have dammed it for some reason....working to open it.
          "Create each day anew by clothing yourself in heaven and earth, bathing yourself in wisdom and love, and placing yourself in the heart of Mother Nature." - Morihei Ueshiba, The Art of Peace

Comment

we have all of them, just a matter of that coming to the surface.
            Wake Up.
            All of this "new age" is what has always been.
            Wake Up.
            Look Within.
            Find Me, if you havent already.
            We're All Instruments Of God
            Reflections Of The Divine
            I am A Your Brother Outside
            Sister inside.
            I Love You.
            I Am That I Am

http://snoedel.punt.nl/?home=1

Comment

I find my best one is sending telepathic messages, I can send them across the miles and know it's working b/c I get instantaneous results.
              For example, I 'told' the guy I have been seeing today 'you can be replaced!' and he instantly looked hurt.... well, if he's not going to treat me right then I don't need to stick it out....
              Yellow Spectral Human
              I Dissolve in order to Influence
              Releasing Wisdom
              I seal the Process of Free Will
              With the Spectral tone of Liberation
              I am guided by my own power doubled

Renegade Member of Family of Light.
              Systems Buster.
              Available for altering systems of consciousness within the free-will universe.
              On call.

(`O)
              *./ | \ .*
              . //..\\ ♥♥

Comment

HAHAHAHHA!
                its true, anyone can be replaced, but hey, twin flame energy cannot.
                i shouldnt really laugh at someone elses behalf of misery since i suffer myself.
                Wake Up.
                All of this "new age" is what has always been.
                Wake Up.
                Look Within.
                Find Me, if you havent already.
                We're All Instruments Of God
                Reflections Of The Divine
                I am A Your Brother Outside
                Sister inside.
                I Love You.
                I Am That I Am

http://snoedel.punt.nl/?home=1

Comment

Originally posted by GeoSpirit View Post
                  I find my best one is sending telepathic messages, I can send them across the miles and know it's working b/c I get instantaneous results.
                  For example, I 'told' the guy I have been seeing today 'you can be replaced!' and he instantly looked hurt.... well, if he's not going to treat me right then I don't need to stick it out....
                  indeed - make sure he treats you right Geo

or shall have to astral travel over and slap some sense into him
                  "There are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all." - Anonymous
                  The Infinite Strength of Spirit empowers the Will to embrace the Beauty of Change - Patryc
                  "If I distrust the human being, then I must cram her with information of my own choosing lest she go her own mistake way. But if I trust the capacity of the human individual for developing, then I can provide her with many opportunities and permit her to choose her own way and her own directions in learning." - Rogers & Freiberg, 1994, p. 160

30 Bananas - low fat raw vegan site
                  Not Milk - all about what milk does
                  http://www.biologyofkundalini.com/
                  http://cronometer.com/

Comment

i can make wind blow stronger. what do you call that?

Comment

blah
                      Last edited by Artist; 12-01-2007, 06:45 AM.

Comment

blah
                        Last edited by Artist; 12-01-2007, 06:45 AM.

Comment

You forgetting Clairgustance, smell or taste something.
                          You tend to look at your friends as

[ ]sidekicks
                          [ ]heroes
                          [X]potential prank victims
                          I lol'ed

Comment

I am high developed in:
                            Clairsentience
                            Empathy
                            E.S.P
                            Intuition
                            Telepathy
                            Clairaudience

^ all of those just come natural to me, i dont have to work for them.. I've always been very keen on my instincts and all of the "gifts" above, have stuck with me since i was a small child. I have just come to understand them more as I've gotten older.

I can do these, but not as strongly as the ones above:
                            Astral Projection
                            Aura Reading (for some people, i can see theirs, for others i cant)
                            Last edited by *~i GlOw 0F iNdIgO~*; 10-13-2007, 11:29 AM.
                            "..although I'd like to join the crowd, in their enthusiastic cloud, try as I may it doesn't last."-Sally's song.
                            "Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing .ALONE."

Comment

changing chaos to create the relative future, it's a divine ability of the soul + mind + spirit + brain or something (at least in my opinion). If you can really do that you should be able to do almost anything, with a chaotic system, enough time, and interest.
                              ive only really tried with wind

Comment

Working...
                              X