Imaginary Friends vs. Actual Spirits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imaginary Friends vs. Actual Spirits

Does anyone here know anything about the differences in manurisms of children with imaginary friends and children who are actually interacting with spirits? I'm trying to firgure out if my nephew is really talking about a person or just a made up one.

probably real.
    Wake Up.
    All of this "new age" is what has always been.
    Wake Up.
    Look Within.
    Find Me, if you havent already.
    We're All Instruments Of God
    Reflections Of The Divine
    I am A Your Brother Outside
    Sister inside.
    I Love You.
    I Am That I Am

http://snoedel.punt.nl/?home=1

Comment

I would like to point out that my nephew has never played with his friend, but only talks about him. I just wanted to tell ya guys that so you'll better understanding and be able to help me more. lol thanks "EnemyAtLineSix" for your awesome answer!

Comment

Imaginary friends are most of the time what we call "little nasties". They are just astral garbage
        Anyone that believes they are a reptilian deserves to be sterilized. -- Me

Psychopolitics is the art and science of asserting and maintaining dominion over the thoughts and loyalties of individuals, officers, bureaux, and masses, and the effecting of the conquest of enemy nations through "mental healing".

Comment

no not garbage i.m.o.
          cute lovely beings
          Love is all there was, is and ever will be
          www.newchildren.net

Comment

Real or Imagined?

Child psychology would have us believe that 'imaginary friends' are a stage that many if not all children go through and that this is something that will work out on its own. This may have been true for previous generations, but I believe it is not uncommon for Indigo children to have 'imaginary friends' who are actually real spiritual beings - though in another vibrational dimension.

I can offer a personal experience for this - growing up I had an imaginary playmate- at least my mother assumed that he was imaginary (he seemed real to me). She tells stories about my talking to thin air - especially when I was alone in my room - and of my setting places for "Jasper".

As a teen, Jasper took a back seat to school and dating and other activties - though I would still dream about him - I'd dream whole conversations; conversations that I would write down in my journals.

As a young adult I would intermittantly see him - on a street corner - in a cafe - but I dismissed it as my immagination playing tricks on me. And then I went through an awakening process starting about the time I turned 28 that lasted until I was 30. I started hearing voices. At first I thought I was going insane - I nearly checked myself into a psych ward - then one morning I went for a walk and instead of fighting the voices - I listened; It was Jasper!

He's never left me - I've been talking to him regularly for nearly eleven years. Call him what you will; guide; higher self; angel; soul mate - whatever he is, he has helped me through some very difficult times and has never given up on me - even when I called him a figment to his 'face'.

So don't automatically assume that your nephew is either talking to an 'imaginary' person or a 'spirit' - it could be either - or something else altogether. The primary concern is WHAT his friend talks to him about - is he helping him? Giving him advice? Guidance?

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”
            ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge

sigpic

Comment

whoever says imaginary friends aren't real had constipation of the brain! haha *pets her dragon's snout*
              My Zazzle Shop! pleaze if you have the money and like my art buy some stuff i really need the funds to keep me and my art going:!http://www.zazzle.com/shadowind_erincooper

Comment

LOL Shadowsong!! I love you! HAHAHA that just made my day literally
                Proud to support my friends!sigpic

Comment

yeee!
                  My Zazzle Shop! pleaze if you have the money and like my art buy some stuff i really need the funds to keep me and my art going:!http://www.zazzle.com/shadowind_erincooper

Comment

Thanks sshenry for sharing that. It helped me open my eyes to a few things that happened to me on and off all my life to this point so far.

I too 'talked' to someone. I too from time to time 'hear' a voice. It has been yelling at me lately..

I guess its time for me to listen again..

CHEERS
                    A tree falls... We all feel it..

Comment

So don't automatically assume that your nephew is either talking to an 'imaginary' person or a 'spirit' - it could be either - or something else altogether. The primary concern is WHAT his friend talks to him about - is he helping him? Giving him advice? Guidance?
                      well said..i think that shud be the main concern..

Comment

thanks for all the answers, but I still want to point out that I have never seen him play with him. He just talks about him...His friend does this, his friend does that. I always had it in the back of my mind that it's possible that it isnt just imaginary and that it could be a real person. real person meaning a dead one! He just told me not to long ago that his friend died in a car accident, apparently hit a deer. All of you seem to mention actively talking to your friends, but like I said earlier that I havent seen him talk to his friend. That's why I'm not sure.

Comment

It is very possible that he is seeing a real 'dead' person. It has happened before. The movie Sixth Sense takes this concept to a true Hollywood crechendo, but the premise is sound; some spirits-for whatever reason-do not move on. Some people are able to see these spirits. Again, my primary concern would be his description of the person - does he say if the person is asking him to do anything, or is his 'friend' just wanting to talk? - perhaps the spirit just wants to be in touch with someone in the 'real' world or wants to get a message to someone here - or maybe its just lonely.

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”
                          ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge

sigpic

Comment

I agree with the points that have been made here, but my questions would be, when and were do they have the coversation, what is said, and why is he talking to your nephew??
                            I am oneof those people who can "see dead people", among other things, and just because this person is dead does not automatically make it negative or dangerous. At this point i would be seeking to get as much info as i could to try and determine exactly what you are dealing with.
                            The human being is an incredible thing, if only we would slow down, de-technolise and embrace what comes naturally!!

Comment

He talks about him quite a bit, but lately he hasn't been talking about him alot like he used too when it first started. He mentioned him yesterday when I was babysitting. My nephew is hard to ask questions too, He saw a person I didn't see in our house yesterday and he asked me who it was, but I didn't know. I asked if it was a boy or a girl and his reaction was "What? A boy or a girl?" he had a look on his face like "why are you asking me?" Then continued to play with his toys. lol Yesterday hes said to me...Do you remember when Josh Micheal (his friend) was at my b-day party. I said I wasn't sure. I was trying to remember if there was anybody there by Josh or Micheal just in case there was. Yes, I know it's very possible he was there. He also said he was there with his 3 kids.

Comment

Working...
                              X