Why would knowledge be dangerous

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would knowledge be dangerous

Have you ever wondered why God would be angry at Adam for eating the apple.

How many of you parents out there don't want your children to learn.

I can understand a parent getting angry about disobedience however what has always puzzled me is why you would forbid the knowledge to your child to start with.

It also seems that God grew angry at the nephalim also for teaching man knowledge. the bible also seems to forbid gaining knowledge from mystical sources.

It begs the question what exactly is it we are not supposed to know and why ?
    Your only purpose is to Know

...everything was given to Adam and Eve for enjoyment of paradise and immortality,...beauty...health...the leader of all animals
    God forbid only thing for the time being, it was disobeyed...sovereignty was questioned
    free will to love God or not.
    Life for us will be like it was originally purposed to be someday, but right now,.its a sad war..brothers against brothers...against their father
    How sad this is for Our Father...
    Our small years of suffering will not be much comparison to what he has in store for the meek and humble ones...

100 year old person is mere child once God restores us back to perfection, after this war is over, and resurrects the dead
    (John 33:25 Then his body will become as healthy as a child's, firm and youthful again)
    (Matthew 27:52)The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.

it was never to forbid knowledge
    ...{James 1:5 in } God told Adam, "You can eat of every tree …except one." Was that a difficult command? No, it was not. God, in His grace, gave Adam everything he needed to be happy. He did not withhold any good thing from him. However, God, in His perfect plan, placed before Adam a simple test, so that Adam might have the opportunity to show God that he loved Him enough to obey His command. As the Lord God says in His Word: "If anyone loves me, he will obey my [word] …He who does not love me will not obey my [word]." (John 14:23,24) God wanted to test Adam's love and loyalty { to see where his heart was}. That is why He gave him this simple command. God did not create a mechanical man (robot). God created a man with a mind, a heart, and a free will so that he could choose for himself to love.

2 Peter 3:8—‘one day is like a thousand years’
    time takes forever to us, because of our short years...death is a curse, a curable disease

The Nephilim were not liked by our God , they were a hybrid, un natural and evil...they were terrible men, they were also cannibals, called Fellers, as they approached the ground shook, they threw everyone around because of their enormity...they caused great hurt on mankind,.. magic was introduced through them and they're fathers.... used for unclean purposes..they had evil motive for the things they did...
    Last edited by yogidee; 02-23-2012, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Who has a perfect child that never disobeys their parents, does our child's disobedience mean they stop loving us ?

If we accept that God is all knowing then we have to accept the fact that he already knew what Adam was going to do, so deliberately set him up to fail this test?

I find it hard to accept that all this was about was a simple test as God sees the heart of man, so it leads me back to the question what was it about and why was it forbidden?

Comment

By no means am I an authority on general religion. My understanding of God is that he didn't set Adam up to fail, He wanted Adam pass the test. His laws are written on our hearts, they are within all men. We are the ones that rebel against them. There is such a thing as too much knowledge. I wonder if God didn't want them to know hell.
        Proverbs 3:5 Trust the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Rum View Post
          Who has a perfect child that never disobeys their parents, does our child's disobedience mean they stop loving us ?

If we accept that God is all knowing then we have to accept the fact that he already knew what Adam was going to do, so deliberately set him up to fail this test?

I find it hard to accept that all this was about was a simple test as God sees the heart of man, so it leads me back to the question what was it about and why was it forbidden?

is a question between Satan and God
          free will of man, and will they love God, or reject him.
          Job 1:6 One day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them.

1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

2 And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters.
          .3 His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east.
          4 And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them.
          .5 And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.

(
          6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
          )

7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

.8 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?
          .9 Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
          .10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
          .11 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
          12 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

*God permitted Satan to test Job, and despite losing everything, he was also gifted and rewarded with more for his faithfulness*
          Job's a good example of how man can love God
          Lessons-
          1. Suffering often comes as the result of an unseen conflict in the spiritual world.
          2. The inadequacy of human reasoning in the presence of tragedy and suffering.
          3. God is sovereign and supreme over Satan and our suffering.
          But did you notice, at the beginning, that Satan had to get God permission? Did you notice that he had to report in? That he had to get permission again to do more? Did you notice that prescribed limits were imposed on him? This is a war, between God and Satan,...simple as that

Comment

Originally posted by quietdreamer View Post
            By no means am I an authority on general religion. My understanding of God is that he didn't set Adam up to fail, He wanted Adam pass the test. His laws are written on our hearts, they are within all men. We are the ones that rebel against them. There is such a thing as too much knowledge. I wonder if God didn't want them to know hell.
            of course he didnt set him up to fail,..that wouldnt be very loving right?

Comment

"hell" means sheol in hebrew- means...the grave...or gehenna. death

Comment

forbidden until God felt a time for them to know it maybe, and most likely...Adam and Eve ages were thought to be in their early teens maybe younger.

Comment

Originally posted by yogidee View Post
                  ...However, God, in His perfect plan, placed before Adam a simple test, so that Adam might have the opportunity to show God that he loved Him enough to obey His command. As the Lord God says in His Word: "If anyone loves me, he will obey my [word] …He who does not love me will not obey my [word]." (John 14:23,24) God wanted to test Adam's love and loyalty { to see where his heart was}. That is why He gave him this simple command. God did not create a mechanical man (robot). God created a man with a mind, a heart, and a free will so that he could choose for himself to love.
                  It is a very insecure god that requires a test to 'prove' that his creations love him enough to obey him.

Personally I think that the 'knowledge' that man wasn't supposed to have is right there in Genesis 3:22
                  And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.
                  Man had become like God in understanding - we can't allow him to be immortal too - he might become as powerful as we are.

The Nephilim were not liked by our God , they were a hybrid, un natural and evil...they were terrible men, they were also cannibals, called Fellers, as they approached the ground shook, they threw everyone around because of their enormity...they caused great hurt on mankind,.. magic was introduced through them and they're fathers.... used for unclean purposes..they had evil motive for the things they did...
                  ummm - hybrid of WHAT exactly? Either god created everything or he did not. I'd be curious as to where you got the source for this information from.

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”
                  ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge

sigpic

Comment

It is not knowledge that is evil but the uses that knowledge can be put to.

Comment

Originally posted by yogidee View Post
                      of course he didnt set him up to fail,..that wouldnt be very loving right?
                      And what he did to them WAS loving?

It's like a parent setting up a test for their child - here is all this wonderful food for supper - BUT DON'T EAT THE PIZZA. Eat anything but the pizza. Oh my god, you ate the pizza, you don't love me, I can't trust you, get out of my house I don't want you living here any more. And while I'm at it, let me curse you with pain and suffering, and subject one of you to the other.

Speaking of which - the serpant DIDN'T lie, did he? Think about it, and compare these two verses:

Genesis 3:4- 5: "You will not surely die, the serpent said to the woman. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

They WOULDN'T have died if they had eaten of the tree of life as god was obviously afraid that they would, yes indeed, very loving.
                      Last edited by sshenry; 02-23-2012, 11:36 AM.

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”

sigpic

Comment

I hadn't noticed that one before we are taught eve was deceived but actually she wasn't when you look at it that way.

Christian teaching would say that we died spiritually because of this though and became separated from God.

If you already know what's going to happen, why create the test, in that sense if it truly was a test then it was a test that God knew we were going to fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Rum View Post
                          I hadn't noticed that one before we are taught eve was deceived but actually she wasn't when you look at it that way.

Christian teaching would say that we died spiritually because of this though and became separated from God.

If you already know what's going to happen, why create the test, in that sense if it truly was a test then it was a test that God knew we were going to fail.

If god knew that they were going to fail, then it was not a fair test (unless it wasn't a test at all - at least of love, but perhaps rather a test of how obedient they were). If he DIDN'T know that they were going to fail then he wasn't omipotent.

If he knew that they were going to fail but gave them the test anyway because he knew that it was what was needed in order for them to learn and grow, that just sux.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sshenry View Post
                            And what he did to them WAS loving?

It's like a parent setting up a test for their child - here is all this wonderful food for supper - BUT DON'T EAT THE PIZZA. Eat anything but the pizza. Oh my god, you ate the pizza, you don't love me, I can't trust you, get out of my house I don't want you living here any more. And while I'm at it, let me curse you with pain and suffering, and subject one of you to the other.

Speaking of which - the serpant DIDN'T lie, did he? Think about it, and compare these two verses:

Genesis 3:4- 5: "You will not surely die, the serpent said to the woman. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

They WOULDN'T have died if they had eaten of the tree of life as god was obviously afraid that they would, yes indeed, very loving.

God gave them everything, and only had one request, not to touch the The Tree of Knowledge....and Satan slyly seduced Eve into disobeying God's request...Surely Cain is Satans son, Cain the first murderer, and Abel angelic like as his father would have been..
                            Disrespect towards God, and now a question of Who will they choose to love...free will of a human
                            Satan the Serpent wanted to be worshiped. He was and is the most dazzling of them all in beauty,....but he fell from his grace, all because he desires to be worshiped, and challenge God, Satan had no right.
                            The serpent did lie, he told her she wouldnt die, he seduced her...He's the father oF Lies! Yes he is...the curse of death began because of their disobedience....and from that day on they surely did start to die!

Forbidden shouldnt be viewed as God meant it as forever,...thats not logical and fair thinking to place something in front of someone forever to be a taunt...no, not at all,...how sick would that be for a loving father to do something like that to his young children.
                            surely a loving father wouldve given them knowledge when he felt they were ready for it, and no sooner than that...Like i said they were said to be pre- teens, at the time.
                            Last edited by yogidee; 02-23-2012, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sshenry View Post
                              It is a very insecure god that requires a test to 'prove' that his creations love him enough to obey him.

Personally I think that the 'knowledge' that man wasn't supposed to have is right there in Genesis 3:22

Man had become like God in understanding - we can't allow him to be immortal too - he might become as powerful as we are.

ummm - hybrid of WHAT exactly? Either god created everything or he did not. I'd be curious as to where you got the source for this information from.
                              i can see much of this tying in with many faiths, and the thought of karma, if we were created as with the story of the Aeons, the Christos, the Apocrypha, much Egyptian text and much of the Bible ive noticed draws parallels towards this theory of Adam and the tree. similar to the Golden Apple of Discordia, or the Mouse and Ganesha the elephant, choas theory essentially...

possibly people came to be on earth under certain circumstances, God in a singular all creative knowing form, was not aware of this taking place(per say) and so now wants to see if we with our flaws, can gain enough 'light' and purity of spirit to ascend into the other realms.

it is a wild thought, but i cant get around it !

Comment

Working...
                              X