Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Hindu gods/goddesses sometimes blue skinned?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are Hindu gods/goddesses sometimes blue skinned?

Ok so I am terribly confused with this blue skin thing.. I `ve found answers that have nothing to do with one another..
    Here are some of the answers I`ve found so far:
    1. Their skin is blue because of the sky and the ocean and everything is blue... O.o
    2. Their skin is blue so they could be the closer to the gray of elephant skin ........... O.o!
    3. Because Shiva swallowed poison from the sea to save the ocean creatures.
    4.Just cause!

I seriously have no idea if they are correct or not. I think number 3 is good but why other gods still have the blue skin? :O ???????????

Is any of this correct? What do you know about their blue skin color? thank you
    "Close your eyes and keep your mind wide open".

I found this on another site. In summary it says that their traditions say that their skin was literally blue.

The color was indeed true and not poetic imagination. Narayana is apaara, anantha, agadha. Shri Rama and Shri Krishna are none other than maha-Vishnu. Just like the ocean and the sky is blue colored has no end and is apaara and anantha, agaadha Sri Krishna and Sri Rama had this color to convey their inherent natural properties to us. Ananthatva, aparathva, agadhatva… Normal humans are black, white, brown but paramatma is not like us. He is indeed different. Extra Information : Excerpts from http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Krishna :"Krishna's body is the colour of a enchantingly beautiful dark raincloud. The philosophical backdrop for Krishna's dark blue skin is that Vishnu, who is ultimately incarnated as Krishna, is also known as Narayana. Narayana means "born of water." This is because water, seen as the base principle for life as we know it on earth, the nourisher of plants and animals alike, the very substance of cyclic existence, is essential to preservation. Vishnu, who in avatar form comes down to earth to help preserve dharma, is epitomised by the principle of water, being himself the God of Preservation. As water is commonly seen as being blue, and Vishnu is said to sleep in Yoga Nidra, floating on cosmic waters on Shesha (a snake-god), it is only natural that Vishnu's representations are all blue. By syllogism, it transferred to his great avatar, Krishna"

My opinion is that if such people ever existed, they probably really had blue skin, maybe not exactly the shade in the depictions, but blue.

Not to be confused with the blue people of Appalachia who were blue because of a recessive gene and inbreeding.
    Last edited by indigl; 06-19-2010, 02:39 AM.

Comment

It's possible that each one has a different reason behind their blue skin. Your first theory applies to Vishnu, third one seems specific to Shiva, etc.
      Freemason wannabe and resident skeptic.
      If you don't feel disempowered, I'm not doing my job.
      Check out the Spiritual Bookshelf and Resource Center right here on IS.

Comment

Or you could consider the less esoteric explanation:

Blue-skinned gods/goddesses were what we understand to be alien beings from other planets.

Comment

On a more esoteric note: The color blue is experienced in the upper portion of the head at certain advanced stages of deep meditation. The Hindu religion is very big on meditation, and certain practitioners - called yogi - report experiencing god in that same place in the head - and overlaid with that same blue color. So, basically, whatever form God takes for them - that is what they would see in that stage of meditation, only overlaid with the sixth chakra indigo/blue color.

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”
          ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge

sigpic

Comment

It's more likely that their blue skin was a genetic thing than that they were aliens. Maybe their skin was what made them reverenced.

Comment

Originally posted by sshenry View Post
              On a more esoteric note: The color blue is experienced in the upper portion of the head at certain advanced stages of deep meditation. The Hindu religion is very big on meditation, and certain practitioners - called yogi - report experiencing god in that same place in the head - and overlaid with that same blue color. So, basically, whatever form God takes for them - that is what they would see in that stage of meditation, only overlaid with the sixth chakra indigo/blue color.
              Sometimes higher level beings appear as blue see-through spirits - like the Jedi in Star Wars. This is what your passage refers to, and this is something that Catholics report seeing as well: they have a story about a man that meets a blue-glowing woman in a desert.

Though the pictures of blue-skinned gods were not drawn with blue rays around them, they were drawn with blue skin - these are two different distinctions in ancient art, as whenever someone glowed the artists were sure to make the distinction between an aura and skin color.

Channlers report contacting and meeting blue-skinned people from Andromeda.

http://www.exopaedia.org/display.php?by=recid&val=65

Comment

Originally posted by penpencilpaper View Post
                Sometimes higher level beings appear as blue see-through spirits - like the Jedi in Star Wars. This is what your passage refers to, and this is something that Catholics report seeing as well: they have a story about a man that meets a blue-glowing woman in a desert.

Though the pictures of blue-skinned gods were not drawn with blue rays around them, they were drawn with blue skin - these are two different distinctions in ancient art, as whenever someone glowed the artists were sure to make the distinction between an aura and skin color.

PPP - do you meditate? Have you experienced deep meditation? I have been practicing meditation for 14 years, and there IS a point where the color blue overlays what you "see". THAT (experience) is what the first part of my "passage" refers to. The second part - about the hindu beliefs (yogi etc) refers to cooberating experiences that have been referenced.

Believing that the gods were actual physical beings (albeit alien) is a very logical assumption, and explains a lot if one wants one's explanations to fit reasonable expectations. But in my experience there is more than our four-dimensional reality. The yogi's understood this, It is my opinion that this is why they symbolically represntated their gods with blue skin and multiple limbs.
                Last edited by sshenry; 06-19-2010, 11:17 AM.

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”

sigpic

Comment

yupp agreeing on that one like with catholicism they put the halo around the head and golden aura around as well

Comment

Originally posted by sshenry View Post
                    PPP - do you meditate? Have you experienced deep meditation? I have been practicing meditation for 14 years, and there IS a point where the color blue overlays what you "see". THAT (experience) is what the first part of my "passage" refers to. The second part - about the hindu beliefs (yogi etc) refers to cooberating experiences that have been referenced.

Believing that the gods were actual physical beings (albeit alien) is a very logical assumption, and explains a lot if one wants one's explanations to fit reasonable expectations. But in my experience there is more than our four-dimensional reality. The yogi's understood this, It is my opinion that this is why they symbolically represntated their gods with blue skin and multiple limbs.
                    When I meditate or fast, everything glows white and I see flower-like patterns across the sky. I think this is because concentrate on the crown chakra, which is white, instead of the brow chakra, which is blue.

But I suppose either theory can explain the art work.

Comment

When I meditate or fast, everything glows white and I see flower-like patterns across the sky. I think this is because concentrate on the crown chakra, which is white, instead of the brow chakra, which is blue.

But I suppose either theory can explain the art work.
                      Heh - if we had the original artists right here in front of us, they'd probably come up with something altogether different.

sigpic

Comment

Or you could consider the less esoteric explanation:

Blue-skinned gods/goddesses were what we understand to be alien beings from other planets.
                        interesting , I sort of agree. I think that most of the oldest civilizations might be aliens :O Mayans for example lol , crazy sounding theory I am aware of that, but still we should open our minds to all sorts of reality because reality is an abstract concept
                        "Close your eyes and keep your mind wide open".

Comment

I saw a picture recently of the Hindu gods with blue skin.

I noticed that in the depiction, the gods had brown hair and green eyes. Note that her palms are flesh colored - as most people have.

In other words: the gods were seen with brown hair and blue skin, not with a "blue filter" from meditation - although I know that the latter phenomenon can happen.

Comment

Blue skinned ETs, Hinduism, Orion, and the Blue Ray people

I've written about many of my experiences and past life memories (plus shared two portraits of an 8D Orion ET with milk-white skin and a pale blue tint underneath) with certain ET beings who had pale blue tint skin. I've also had some other people share their awake and also dream interactions with certain Starbeings/ETs with blue skin with me, which I've included in some of my writings.

There's so much more going on and always has been...but the exciting part is that finally these multidimensional pieces and multi-D consciousness is rapidly returning in more and more people now. Soon this type of multi-D and ET interactions will be the norm due the evolutionary/ascension business.

(And there is plenty of ET activities and warring in ancient Hindu mythology.)

http://deniselefay.wordpress.com/201...-sex-with-who/
                            TRANSITIONS

Comment

These are clearly not ETs. I think they seem more like a race that is no longer around.

Comment

Working...
                              X