Astral Travel 101

You got questions? We have answers.
Astral Travel 101 «  » by adonis777
I believe the moment has come to start a thread where peolple can investigate and analyze their astral body,

I will be giving info. on how to begin and analyze your trips into the astral realm,

feel free to chime in whenever you choose,

the following is of great help for those who are unsure of the topic at hand,

http://www.theosophical.ca/AstralBodyByPowell-A.htm

The best time to begin a trip is before dawn,

get up, wash face, drink some water and go back to sleep.

the trick is to become aware of the slumber process and try to make an escape as soon as you know your body is asleep.

it takes practice and will eventually lead to success if diligent.
adonis777

«  » by mischevious angel
I have never tried to astral travel but is it possible to astral travel and not know it?? I read somewhere that if your physical body awakens before your astral body comes back you are paralyzed until the two fully come back together. This happens to be more times than I like. I always thought it was sleep paralysis. What do you think?
mischevious angel

«  » by Noe
I think that maybe what keeps me from successfully exiting my body at will is the fear of not having control in the astral realm. That I could meet a monster beyond my worst nightmare. Even though I have been told that this is very unlikely.
Noe

«  » by Androme
YAY!! Thank you for starting this thread, this is just what I need :)

I dreamed the other night that I was floating and when I semi awoke I feel back to the bed. I don't know but I think this was my astral body lifting out of me??
I meet a lot of new people sometimes in the astral realm and view things I don't think I should but I don't have as much control like lucid dreamers do.. so thank you for this link :)

Noe wrote:I think that maybe what keeps me from successfully exiting my body at will is the fear of not having control in the astral realm. That I could meet a monster beyond my worst nightmare. Even though I have been told that this is very unlikely.

The worst I have seen is a wolf-horse in a meadow lol and it was actually very tame :D Actually, I lie.. I have seen some other things that frightened me at the time but in retrospect they were not really that bad.
Androme

«  » by adonis777
mischevious angel wrote:I have never tried to astral travel but is it possible to astral travel and not know it?? I read somewhere that if your physical body awakens before your astral body comes back you are paralyzed until the two fully come back together. This happens to be more times than I like. I always thought it was sleep paralysis. What do you think?

If you ever had a dream of flying....that was astral travel specifically,

al of our dreams happen in the astral realm..but because we have not gained the ability to awaken in the slumber state on a regualr basis,

what happens is that our ego takes over and converts the dream state into a fantasy gym where it gets to enjoy its desires and resolve conflicts (it´s a complex issue...it´s psychological...but we´ll be talking about it and that will help),

as far as the paralysis is concerned there is an element of truth to it yet it has other components as well,

it has to do with the issue that we are not aware of the phiosological processes that are going on...... so fear or doubt inable us to proceed with the logical mental control that would permit freedom of movement.

keep practicing....you´ll achieve progress...with practice.
adonis777

«  » by adonis777
Noe wrote:I think that maybe what keeps me from successfully exiting my body at will is the fear of not having control in the astral realm. That I could meet a monster beyond my worst nightmare. Even though I have been told that this is very unlikely.

You won´t meet monsters..at least not in the way you may imagine it,

the place you find yourself in the astral realm has a lot to do with the intention you create,

control in the astral realm comes with constant practice and the developing of psychological awareness,

during the day we should say to ourselves äm i in the astral realm¨with conviction and take a litlle hop, (we repeat duing sleep a lot of things we do during the day)

if we float it will be obvious we are in the astral and then we just proceed to explore it,

fears are creations of our imagination...nothing in the astral can cause us physical harm,

so getting that through our head is important to develop character and fight the good fight,

which is in our heads basically.
adonis777

«  » by mischevious angel
I use to have an extreme fear of monsters. Who at 36 years old are still scared of monsters and the boogeyman? Up until 2 weeks ago I use to sleep with a night light as I use to have night terrors so bad that I would be frantically running around the apartment screaming and crying saying "Its going to get me or something is in here" My boyfriend at the time use to tell me that my eyes were open but it wasn't me. The next morning I would never recall such episodes. I lucid dream alot but as far as I know, I have never had an OBE.
mischevious angel

«  » by adonis777
mischevious angel wrote:I use to have an extreme fear of monsters. Who at 36 years old are still scared of monsters and the boogeyman? Up until 2 weeks ago I use to sleep with a night light as I use to have night terrors so bad that I would be frantically running around the apartment screaming and crying saying "Its going to get me or something is in here" My boyfriend at the time use to tell me that my eyes were open but it wasn't me. The next morning I would never recall such episodes. I lucid dream alot but as far as I know, I have never had an OBE.

What kind of monsters,

you need to analyze your fear and see where it´s coming from,

there are many kinds of monsters,

if you can identify your monsters and bring em up to the surface,

you can then look at them in a scientific way to see what they really are,

I used to be afraid of the chupacabras because i didn´t have a rational explanation for them,

they defied explanation...I knew they were real and that is what frightened me,

it frightened me that i didn´t have a rational explanation for their existence,

then one day Investigating the matter i found out they were either a creature created by gene splicing or an e.t. pet who ran away,

after that my fears vanished because according to me I had found out what they were,

I had found out a reasonable explanation for their existence,

so for all practical purposes...my fear was based mostly on my inability to know their origin and not of the creature itself,

Lucid dreaming is astral travel,

the thing about lucid dreaming is that you step into it.... whereas astral travel you intentionally create it.
adonis777

«  » by adonis777
To perform astral projection approriately you will need to wear loose fitting natural fibre clothes and no jewelry. You also should have rock salt ready to clean of the excess phsychic energy. You will need to reach the proper meditative state and to be able to reach your spirit guide and to open your third eye. -quote.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/troy/7922/TOTEMS.html
adonis777

«  » by dEE
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Out of body?

Damn...its scary things...

I have done that. After doin that..I couldnt feel anything again for a while..and many electricity arounds my body...fiufhhh...done that again.??? not in a chance,...maybe latter..if I have been good controlling my self.

Yesterday...

a weird experienced happen.

I watched a movie, at 130am, then..suddenly, world like move arounds and I sat beside my guy..who's bleeding coz the shoots. He said I must follow a guy beside me, and lived him alone. I was in the wood, and seeing the wet grass...I see trees arounds me. I heard panicly shooting arounds me...and boms. He said..that He will meet me again, if He couldnt comes today, maybe in the next live. He will come again to watch over me..and stay to protect me.

It was happen soo fuckin real. Then I went back to the real live. The movies has stop. Maybe I went for 5-10 minutes away.

And I was crying crazy...damn.

I donno whats that..but its so real...

namaste.

lights and loves,
Dee[/COLOR]
dEE

«  » by Onlooker
Another way to do it is this:

Doesn't matter what time it is but better to do this at night when the house is quiet so as not to have distractions. Sit or lie down, go into a bit of a relaxation mode, i.e; concentrate on your breathing fo a minute or so then consciously relax your body bit by bit from the toes up to your head, try moving your consciousness from one part to another, all you have to do is to shift your thoughts to your leg, arm, nose or whatever. Then start to take it outside your body, 'imagine' yourself getting up, moving a step forward or floating, w/e makes it eaiser for you, take in all the sights & smells etc of the room, feel yourself moving then progress in your own time to moving around the house, the garden, neighbourhood and anywhere beyond! Doesn't matter if you shoot back in your body at first or if it takes time, have patience - some people can project much easier than others :)
Onlooker

«  » by StillSane
no no dreaming and astral travelling are two very different things. dont confuse them. i mean, why do they have different lables? How can you not know if you're doing it or not? trust me, you will know and remember quite well, and lucid dreaming is different from astral projection. you can choose between the two.
StillSane

«  » by adonis777
When we go to bed and knock out (so to speak),

our minds go through a series of stages,

there may not be an order in which the stages present themselves,

for example....the ego may pull out its projector and fantazise its desires on the astral aura (this is pure fantasy),

from there your astral body may go into the astral and begin exploring,

another stage would be you in the astral and having lucidity,

these different stages may occur in no definite order and with no awareness in continuity,

which leads to a difficult time processing everything in the morning,

to find out what was fantasy of the ego and what was lucid dreaming,

the fear that a person may encounter is due to the new perceptual awareness that is being discovered,

you may feel buzzing sounds, hear bells or voices, see things or places that may be fantastic or dark,

it´s a growing process that occurs as you begin to open the doors to the astral realm.

the key is meditation......it builds steady mental perception,

it helps the mind process the new perceptions with accuracy.
adonis777

«  » by h0bby1
what i guess is around astral projection, well it is like when you work with empathy, at some level you are told to 'project' into the other person realm, and well i guess astral projection is about projecting yourself into astral realm :) like feeling like being the universe :) like you need to forget a bit about your current physical existence, and see thing a bit in a 'astral realm' :) i went into wondering around difference between alien channeling and astral projection, i guess both are a bit linked :)
h0bby1

«  » by h0bby1
astral projection remind me each time with a famous transe krew, 'astral projection' , they made some track with sample from dune 'spice extend life, spice extend consciousness , travel without moving' , [url="http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=cAsa3fPYA5g"]dancing galaxy[/url] =)[url="http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=cAsa3fPYA5g"]"http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=cAsa3fPYA5g"[/url]
h0bby1

«  » by adonis777
Dune is a very well written film,

It´s long and interesting.

http://www.diamondlady.net/PortaloftheLemuria.jpg
adonis777

«  » by adonis777
adonis777

«  » by adonis777
adonis777

«  » by adonis777

«  » by adonis777