hi there everyone.
I am new o this site, and found you after doing some google searches.
the reason we have been searching the web, is that we have had suspicions about our daughter for a while now, and we had been advised by a profesional we know to look up "crystal child".
they could not go into it any further, as this advice was given by a profesional, who is not allowed to express any forms of preference, and just kindly informed us that we hadnt been given the tip-off by them lol.
anyway, back to the point.
we have noticed a lot of... well, i hate to call them strange or weird, but definatly different behaviour with our daughter.
she is now 2 years old, and is very special to us. and she is such a loving child. she is calm most of the time, and has a really good knowledge and understanding of things. We have often noticed her chatting to empty spaces, be it at home, in the car, at the shops... she can regularly be seen trying to hold conversation with ... well.... we dont know.
another thing we have started to notice very recently is an ability to fortell what is about to happen... here are some examples....
1. she is watching a childerens cartoon on the telly, and a character comes walking out of the house carrying a cake. our daughter instantly says "on the head". about 5 seconds later on the programme, another character comes running round the corner, bumping into the cake carrier... cake goes flying in the air... and lands "on the head"!!!! this is the first showing of this programme, not a repeat, and no adverts run for it on the channel.
2. we are driving in our car, and pull up to some traffic lights in a que of traffic. after about 5 seconds, our daughter says "go" and at that point, the lights start to change. 10 mins later, we get caught in another set of lights.. this time, some 40/45 seconds passes until our daughter says "go" and again, at that point, the lights change. to do this once could be co-incidense, but twice, and with different time spans, made us stop and think.
another thing about our daughter is her amazing ability to get attention wherever she is. we get strangers walking up to us to tell us how beautiful she is (not sure if this happens to many people) and she always gets the attention from shop workers, people at bus stops, pretty much everyone she comes into contact with just has the need to talk to her, and enjoy her smile. (doesnt help that she is a big flirt with the guys lol). when on our last holiday, she was being given gifts in shops by shop owners, and waiters would rush out with extra helpings (free of charge) of anything she seemed to like. it seems that everyone just wants to help her and talk with her as much as possible.
there are just so many things, i could sit here typing all night, but it would possibly become boring reading, so i will leave it at that for now.
really, what we need to know is....
1. how do we tell if she is a true crystal child (if she sounds at all like one)?
2. once we know, is there special things we need to do to allow her to fully flourish without hinderance?
3. well, i have so many questions, they will come in time, but for now, will leave it at that.
there is so much info on the forum that for someone new to this idea of thinking, it is pretty hard to figure out exactly what or how or why to do things (if that makes sense) being that although yes, both my partner and i are very open minded people, and do share many thoughts that differ from the general public, this is all so new.
any help, guidance, advice or anything come to think of it, would be greatly appreciated, as we have only really just started down this line of enquiery.
hope to speak to you all again soon.