Indigo Rookie
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 277
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranVeteranCreated Album pictures

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

what is the difference between indigos and starseeds?

Hi,
    I was told i was indigo by a psychic. Here i am reading starseed traits. I see a lot of me in it. Are they the same. I have felt like i was from outer space. I have a whole story of why my parents aren't my parents, yet i love them. i have made stories in my mind to explain these things and they all deal with space and me being an alien. I also chose my wiccan name to be andromeda, and used the name often. I did this before the tv show. Now everyone thinks it is a name picked from the tv show, which i never watched.
    What happened was when i was out of highschool i took an astronomy class. I found out that the andromeda galaxy is earths sister galaxy. ever since then i am making stories up about it. i started writing a song about it, even.
    anyways my question is whats the difference between the two? thanks,
    jennifer

This ad goes away when you register.

Banned
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 942
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Jennifer... there really isn't a cut and dry way to answer this because we are all individuals with unique experiences. For me, I learned about Indigos first and the descriptions didn't resonate with me much. When I learned about starseeds, I started to "wake up" remembering my original intention for incarnating, the work I am here to do... I started having visitations too.

I know you are trying to find your truth and speak it... and you will. But I think sometimes maybe the better question is "what are the commonalities between Indigos and Starseeds and how can we all help eachother". You may find as I have that even here on IS, the differences, when focused on cause more problems than growth. I hope that you don't experience that though and find you path free and clear to discover yourself and what you are here to do.

Blessings.

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    in my perception its just different seats in a wormhole.
    I am gone

Forum Caretaker
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,058
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 1,880 Posts
    Indigo is a personality with a certain aura color.

Starseed is a person who feels like they may have originally had a soul incarnation on a planet other than Earth.

You can be both.
    " All the problems of the world can be solved with a garden." Geoff Lawton

Banned
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialRecommendation Second ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 2,086 Posts
    from what i could read from new age things, originally, starseed was regrouping all indigo/crystal/new child etc , then after it got subdivided now it seem that the several kind of denomination still coexist, maybe you could find some different kind of starseed when the term was first coined =) i think you could tell that indigo/starseed etc all come from the 'new child' thing from 'new age' more or less but yes as indigo dog said , indigo/crystal refer to soul aura color, and starseed would refer to an ET soul incarnation

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Indigos and Starseeds,
    I know from personal experience what it is like to understand the Unified Field Theory at the age of seven but being at a comeplete loss when it came to opening a can of beans. This could at least explain something like a Starseed.

Yours Truly,
    Osirislight

Indigo Rookie
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    VeteranVeteran1000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    From what I read and talked to people about, Starseeds have yellow as their main aura color. Someone also told me that Indigos are male and are the lower class Anunaki's that rebelled centuries ago.

"The greatest achievement of humanity is not its works of art, science, or technology, but the recognition of its own dysfunction, its own madness."
    -Eckhart Tolle "A New Earth"

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Now on facebook, contact me for the link.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Spawn Of Gaea For This Useful Post:

nikey2106 (04-29-2011)

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 391
    Achievements:
    VeteranVeteran5000 Experience Points5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    I could very well be wrong about this, but I would think that most starseeds would also be indigo people. Even if they don't have as many of the traits as most indigos do, they would likely still have the same basic way of thinking and viewing the world. It is entirely possible to be both. I definitely relate to both aspects.
    What an age in which to be alive. With each day that passes, I marvel more and more at all it's wonders

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    A starseed is a spirit who began their soul's journey in a place other than Earth. Indigos are spirits who began their soul's journey elsewhere and belong to a particular soul group of origination called Nihal.
    Akashic Record readings

Hidden Content

Free Mini Reading on intuitive gifts: Hidden Content

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    It is my understanding that no one 'originated' from planet earth. We are all starseeds in that sense. I think the starseed label might more accurately describe the souls that are here to heal their home worlds and have not been here as long. It is also my understanding that that type of starseed has still had many incarnations on earth in order to adjust.

I think that indigo is a general label that would describe anyone who wishes to change the systems that are in place now. They are the bridge between the old and the new. I think that it is only natural that these types of people would be active with indigo 3rd eye energy. They can see through the system.

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 228
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    It is my understanding that no one 'originated' from planet earth. We are all starseeds in that sense.
    That's what I was going to say. My personal definition of "starseed" (and why I picked that as my username) is one who remembers and has a connection to this truth. I don't really resonate with the idea that some alien force actually took part in conceiving you (I've read things that say starseeds have one "real" parent and the other parent isn't actually the parent, etc, blah to all that, I don't really believe that personally although anything is possible).

I think that indigo is a general label that would describe anyone who wishes to change the systems that are in place now. They are the bridge between the old and the new. I think that it is only natural that these types of people would be active with indigo 3rd eye energy. They can see through the system.
    Hmm, I think it's a lot more than just that myself. I've known a lot of forward thinking, open minded, smart people who wanted to change the system who I wouldn't consider indigo. I can't even fully explain indigo. I know it when I see it though.
    Last edited by starseed; 12-19-2008 at 01:58 AM.

Leaves fluttering before the wind;
    How to convey their splendor?
    I know this stone pagoda
    With my entire body,
    And laugh at the changes of earthly life.

- Fugai Ekun (1568-1654)

Indigo Rookie
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 277
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranVeteranCreated Album pictures

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

labels

Hi everyone,
    Thank you for your replies. I am beginning to become annoyed at all this indigo, starseed whatever. I go to different sites and some sound extremely crazy in what and where we came from. I am starting to feel i do not care what i am. It is what i do that matters. A lot of this talk of me being indigo has brought me to sadness. I searched. I thought i found people like me. I said lets go to work and everyone said it will all take care of itself.
    Things do take care of themselves. My father risked his life to save the mill where he worked. People would say it took care of itself. I don't think so. People like my father make the difference. People who are true about their mission make the difference. I start wondering how many people really fit with this description of indigo, or if everyone who doesn't fit thinks they are one. I even went through a period of time thinking I just wanted to be indigo because it meant i was special. But guess what?
    Everyone is special. Even if I have the traits or don't. As in the movie iron giant "You Are who you choose to be." Maybe there is nothing space shippy about us.Maybe we are just people who see a way to make things better. Maybe it is divinity guiding us.
    I have had thoughts about being from another planet. I have made stories about coming here and why i am here. Perhaps they are true memories, or perhaps imagination. I do not want to guess or speculate. It wastes to much energy. Now I just want to do what I am here to do, regardless of backgrounds or labels.
    All i know is labels are bad. Once you have a label, you are either expected to rise to the expectations of it, or dip down to the horribleness of it. So I say I am who I am and that is me.