UPDATE phpbb_posts SET post_text = '"Infrequently Asked Questions"

Q: Do I need to respond to this thread?

A: No. Although you have the freedom of speech, you also have the freedom of ignoration. If you don\'t like what you read, if you see it as somehow threatening to your beliefs or sense of self, you can either put energy and effort into writing a well-thought out response, giving reasons and information to support your opinion, or you can feel free never to reply and just move on with your life.

Q: What if I find something offensive?

A: Everyone has feelings and feelings get hurt. What is more important is figuring out why you feel offended. Your emotions and opinions do not exist outside of your head, so you figure it out.

Q: But some of these thread starters seem like they\'re looking for an argument, shouldn\'t I give my opinion?

A: Who are you to say what the post starter is looking for in their thread? The internet is an easy place to confuse signals, because everything is verbal and not everyone is on the same page as you. Again, it\'s something that you have to figure out for yourself.

Q: What if someone is being a jerk to me?

A: Are they really being a jerk, or do you just think they are being a jerk? There is a difference. Maybe they are joking, maybe they are giving an anecdote, or maybe they are challenging the idea in the post, but aren\'t challenging you--Are you prepared to make that distinction?

Q: What if someone tells me I\'m full of shit?

A: You probably are. Most people are and don\'t even realize it. And being in a forum full of "Indigos" you are likely to be called out if you are full of shit. Being full of shit entails at least one of the following: 1. having something to prove 2. having something to hide and/or 3. having a message to spread. If you are trying to prove something, you\'ll only be proving it to yourself. If you are hiding something, you are neglecting part of yourself. And if you have a message to spread, it\'s YOUR message. Each person has their own truth and each person has a ton of BS to sort through from a life-time of families and peers projecting and emotionally dumping on them. Same as you, same as me, same as everyone else. We\'re all here trying to figure out our place in the world, trying to give meaning to the senselessness that we endure. Next question.

Q: ...... ... ...

A: Moving right along, then. Thanks for reading iFAQ.' WHERE post_id =1880351;
UPDATE phpbb_posts SET post_text = 'Lol.' WHERE post_id =444040;
UPDATE phpbb_posts SET post_text = 'haha, that was great. =]' WHERE post_id =444055;
UPDATE phpbb_posts SET post_text = '
Although you have the freedom of speech, you also have the freedom of ignoration.

Oh my! ROFL - that was priceless! Thank you! :D' WHERE post_id =444059;
UPDATE phpbb_posts SET post_text = 'iFAQ revisited.' WHERE post_id =1332170;
UPDATE phpbb_posts SET post_text = 'good things to keep in mind. thanks.' WHERE post_id =1332178;
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/viewtopic.php:1640)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/viewtopic.php:1640)
indigosociety.com • iFAQ

iFAQ

Library of information and resources for the "Indigo" generation.
"Infrequently Asked Questions"

Q: Do I need to respond to this thread?

A: No. Although you have the freedom of speech, you also have the freedom of ignoration. If you don't like what you read, if you see it as somehow threatening to your beliefs or sense of self, you can either put energy and effort into writing a well-thought out response, giving reasons and information to support your opinion, or you can feel free never to reply and just move on with your life.

Q: What if I find something offensive?

A: Everyone has feelings and feelings get hurt. What is more important is figuring out why you feel offended. Your emotions and opinions do not exist outside of your head, so you figure it out.

Q: But some of these thread starters seem like they're looking for an argument, shouldn't I give my opinion?

A: Who are you to say what the post starter is looking for in their thread? The internet is an easy place to confuse signals, because everything is verbal and not everyone is on the same page as you. Again, it's something that you have to figure out for yourself.

Q: What if someone is being a jerk to me?

A: Are they really being a jerk, or do you just think they are being a jerk? There is a difference. Maybe they are joking, maybe they are giving an anecdote, or maybe they are challenging the idea in the post, but aren't challenging you--Are you prepared to make that distinction?

Q: What if someone tells me I'm full of shit?

A: You probably are. Most people are and don't even realize it. And being in a forum full of "Indigos" you are likely to be called out if you are full of shit. Being full of shit entails at least one of the following: 1. having something to prove 2. having something to hide and/or 3. having a message to spread. If you are trying to prove something, you'll only be proving it to yourself. If you are hiding something, you are neglecting part of yourself. And if you have a message to spread, it's YOUR message. Each person has their own truth and each person has a ton of BS to sort through from a life-time of families and peers projecting and emotionally dumping on them. Same as you, same as me, same as everyone else. We're all here trying to figure out our place in the world, trying to give meaning to the senselessness that we endure. Next question.

Q: ...... ... ...

A: Moving right along, then. Thanks for reading iFAQ.
Verumi

Lol.
Indigo Dog

haha, that was great. =]
*~i GlOw 0F iNdIgO~*

by sshenry
Although you have the freedom of speech, you also have the freedom of ignoration.

Oh my! ROFL - that was priceless! Thank you! :D
sshenry

by Verumi
iFAQ revisited.
Verumi

by truman
good things to keep in mind. thanks.
truman

Return to index page Information & Resources