Memories of a Round Bed

General discussion regarding starseeds and walk-ins
Alright people, keep your minds on track here. Unless you do remember what I'm talking about, then there's no hope of keeping them out of the gutter.

Does anyone else have memories of another place where round beds sunk about 1'-1.5' in the floor were common? Usually as the centerpiece of one room, and usually wide enough that two average sized people could sleep comfortably directly across from each other (diameter was the added height of two average height people added).

Just curious!
Liv

funny this topic comes up. to answer your question, no i don't remember this. it is hard for me to believe anyone would really enjoy sleeping that way. this is why:

i lowered my bed to the floor. it was on a frame, but it felt that it wasn't a frame with enough support. so i took it off the frame, and put the boxspring and mattress on the floor.

my sleep is terrible! i feel all the higher things around me make it uncomfortable to sleep. i feel the energy of the vanity, desk and dressers up above me and it makes me feel claustrophobic. my neighbor lady is very much into chinese beliefs and feng shui. she has a one story house surrounded by two and three story homes. she places mirrors on the corners of her house on the ground to reflect the energy from the taller houses back out. she says being the lower house around so many houses towering above her leaves her in a vulnerable position to where she needs to deflect these energies.

so my mind came up with this theory...throughout history..as far as i know...beds have been more elevated than lowered. many reasons for this...warmth, poisonous gases coming off the ground, animals sleeping on the floors, etc. i believe it is just easier to rest when you are above clutter.

it is interesting to hear of the opposite and that it is desirable for some.
evergreen

that is an interesting bed there justin. is it comfy? do you use it daily? have you travelled with it?

what is it that you like about sleeping low to the ground as opposed to up higher?
evergreen

Liv wrote:Alright people, keep your minds on track here. Unless you do remember what I'm talking about, then there's no hope of keeping them out of the gutter.

Does anyone else have memories of another place where round beds sunk about 1'-1.5' in the floor were common? Usually as the centerpiece of one room, and usually wide enough that two average sized people could sleep comfortably directly across from each other (diameter was the added height of two average height people added).

Just curious!

I recall seeing a round bed in the center of a round mud house. It was on the second floor. A tribe in Africa I saw on television. the ground floor was for livestock, the second floor was for sleeping and the top floor was a store for grain and goods.
Indigo Dog

Here is a close example.
Indigo Dog

Liv wrote:Alright people, keep your minds on track here. Unless you do remember what I'm talking about, then there's no hope of keeping them out of the gutter.

Just curious!

yes! and no...I remember it being a little bit deeper in the floor and yes in the center covered in red sheets of a fine fabric and something like smooth tile flooring with triangles pointing outward from the circle in the center of the room...I recall it so much i did it for a project in art school .... oh yes and the roof corresponds to the floor and there is thin drapery from the roof almost like chiffon.
Anomalia Zelta

by tmt
I don't remember anything like this. Curiously, I was able to visualize a room though, with that type of bed in a low ceiling room with no other decoration, beyond bedding and soft bluish lighting embedded in the floor.
tmt

Anomalia Zelta wrote:yes! and no...I remember it being a little bit deeper in the floor and yes in the center covered in red sheets of a fine fabric and something like smooth tile flooring with triangles pointing outward from the circle in the center of the room...I recall it so much i did it for a project in art school .... oh yes and the roof corresponds to the floor and there is thin drapery from the roof almost like chiffon.

i see that too..when i visualize a round bed in the middle of a room...i immediately see thin red drapery hanging from the ceiling to floor around the bed.

i see it is being a bed for royalty or someone important
evergreen

i don' t really remember this, but i always wanted a circle bed:)...and i do prefer sleeping low on the ground over sleeping elevated...
lillies1978

evergreen wrote:i see that too..when i visualize a round bed in the middle of a room...i immediately see thin red drapery hanging from the ceiling to floor around the bed.

i see it is being a bed for royalty or someone important

yes I believe that you see it...that you see the same thing, because you said the color of the drapery and I excluded that...I only mentioned the color of the bedding...you also mention the length of the drapery and I excluded that.

too cool:cool:

And yes I get the feeling that it is for someone important but I also get the feeling that everyone is equally this important...like there are many with the same importance and no hierarchical structure of importance.[COLOR="Silver"]

[size=1:3jhx29sn]---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------[/size:3jhx29sn]

[/COLOR]
lillies1978 wrote:i don' t really remember this, but i always wanted a circle bed:)...and i do prefer sleeping low on the ground over sleeping elevated...

me too :p
Anomalia Zelta