Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Best Careers for Indigo/Crystals Adults?

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Question The Best Careers for Indigo/Crystals Adults?

Hello Everyone,
    I didn't see a topic on this and if there is, please let me know. I am going on 27 in 6 days and am desperately looking for a career. I am told I need to go back to school and earn my degree, but after five tries of going back, I am completely burnt out on the education system here in the US. So I'm hoping that someone can help lead me in the right direction.

I have many interests, but feel there is no right career for me or I just haven't seen one yet. Although, if I can find a career I know is my destiny I might be willing to give school another chance. Let me know what you all think and I'd love to know what you all do for a living!

My Interests:
    1. Psychology - OR - the understanding of how people work
    2. Homeopathic Remedies
    3. Yoga, Tai Chi, Qigong, meditation (any kind of body/mind/soul movement)
    4. Music
    5. Fine Arts - I also am great at making something out of nothing
    6. Hypnosis
    7. Alternative Therapy: Acupressure, Acupunture, Aromatherapy
    8. Nutrition
    9. Massage Therapy
    10. Astrology AND Astronomy
    11. Genetics and Human Anatomy

I am an alternative thinker and know I don't belong in the corporate world (even though I've been working in this world since I was 14) I excel in the workplace, but eventually get worn out (specifically when I know I'm working for a horrible business), but get me in a classroom and I am a mess. I know I was meant to help or heal others - I even tried to get into counseling, but my biggest fear was getting too close to my clients (emotionally).

Does anyone have any ideas? The only thing that came to mind that included most of these is to open my own wellness center, but I'm 27 with poor credit and no one is giving out loans to someone like me. What to do - what to do - what to do. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

This ad goes away when you register.

Have a splendiferous rest of the day! Peace and Be Well.
    Last edited by SoulfulWondering; 03-24-2009 at 08:17 PM. Reason: added more interests
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has it's own reason for existing." ~Albert Einstein
    "The possibilities are endless - life is not."
    ~Explore. Expand. Evolve.~

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SoulfulWondering For This Useful Post:

MinShady (11-29-2012)

Dragon Buster
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Have you ever taken any career aptitude tests? Those can give you valuable information about careers that would match your personality.
    The Way is always uncontrived. Yet there's nothing it doesn't do. -- Tao te Ching

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Optimystic For This Useful Post:

SoulfulWondering (03-24-2009)

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimystic View Post
    Have you ever taken any career aptitude tests? Those can give you valuable information about careers that would match your personality.
    I've tried them and so far all of them say I should be a teacher or counselor, which both require degrees. It's the schooling I DON'T want to do - atleast - not at a normal college.
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has it's own reason for existing." ~Albert Einstein

Old Soul
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 645
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,464 Posts
    I'm gonna' be the next Johnny Depp!
    Freemason wannabe and resident skeptic.
    If you don't feel disempowered, I'm not doing my job.
    Check out the Hidden Content right here on IS.

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 697
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialRecommendation Second ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephish View Post
    I'm gonna' be the next Johnny Depp!
    are your hands quite as beautiful as JD's..? are they?!
    ~earthling~

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cjmax02 For This Useful Post:

Optimystic (03-25-2009)

Dragon Buster
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Why? I loved college. It was a blast. You can study almost anything - undergrad major doesn't matter that much these days if you're into the liberal arts or a B.A.
    The Way is always uncontrived. Yet there's nothing it doesn't do. -- Tao te Ching

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Optimystic For This Useful Post:

Moonskytiger (06-27-2009), SoulfulWondering (03-25-2009)

Indigo Member
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 277
    Achievements:
    first star on the right and straight on till mourning
    Level
    Thanks
    Your post sounded so much like me its crazy!
    Have you talked to a career counselor at all? They can help you find schools, choose? a career (or at least point you in the right direction) and help with funding!! Just make sure you get a nice one to talk to... crucial. Im in canada so I am not sure of what programs are available to you, but thats something you should def. check out.
    I am taking a course called Wholistic Health Practitioner program next sept. Health for body, mind and soul.
    You have to find out what your passions are. Not just your interests. or take your interests and extend them!! Add an alternative flair on it, and make it your own. Be creative think about it. You are going to have to work from the bottom up, if your credit is bad. Work in a place that is along the same lines as what you want to do.
    Take a few courses that do interest you, and work from there. Like if you like reiki, take the course, and make small business cards and try it on a few people. Then keep adding on from there. If you like herbal remedies, then cultivate your own and ta-da! lol
    I think that the path you may choose will be starting off with a little and building on it for the rest of your life. Until at the end, you are complete.
    Best of luck, keep us posted!!
    theres a natural mystic blowing through the air, cant bring them down. if you listen carefully now you will hear it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to define_freedom For This Useful Post:

SoulfulWondering (03-25-2009)

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    grow pot.
    ;]
    got.รτμявžﮭ?

"Too weird to Live, too rare to Die" - Hunter S. Thompson

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StuRBz For This Useful Post:

CherryGreen (06-05-2009), Optimystic (03-25-2009), Tina (05-19-2009)

Indigo Member
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Blog entry5000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    You used the word splendiferous! That's awesome! :-D I'm in the same boat as you. I work as a counselor, and at first it's hard with clients but eventually you figure out how to balance your emotions. There's stages involved.

Loans are supposed to become easier to get, and there's suppose to be a lot of support for opening up businesses.

I'm having a lot of difficulty with the U.S. school system as well. I get bored too quickly. I wish they would just cut semesters in half. They drag out stuff it seems just to make more money. I'm the type of person that once understands something (and made it into knowledge/wisdom) doesn't want to bother with it anymore. It's off the check list.

There's some "retreats" that will give you a yoga teaching degree fairly quickly. You could make soap....or grow a garden? Have you defined what comfortable living is for yourself?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LunarSunshine For This Useful Post:

SoulfulWondering (03-25-2009)

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimystic View Post
    Why? I loved college. It was a blast. You can study almost anything - undergrad major doesn't matter that much these days if you're into the liberal arts or a B.A.
    I loved the years I spent in college, but it wasn't the education that I loved about it - more of the experience I had there with others. I have quite a desire for specific types of sciences, but when it comes to taking classes that are required - I get bored or don't have enough passion to finish the class. Yes I love to write, but if it's on a topic I didn't choose myself - my mind goes blank. Same thing happens on tests too. You are quite right about the bachelors - now you have to get a masters just to get your foot in the door in any career!

Quote Originally Posted by define_freedom View Post
    Your post sounded so much like me its crazy!
    Have you talked to a career counselor at all? They can help you find schools, choose? a career (or at least point you in the right direction) and help with funding!! Just make sure you get a nice one to talk to... crucial. Im in canada so I am not sure of what programs are available to you, but thats something you should def. check out.
    I am taking a course called Wholistic Health Practitioner program next sept. Health for body, mind and soul.
    You have to find out what your passions are. Not just your interests. or take your interests and extend them!! Add an alternative flair on it, and make it your own. Be creative think about it. You are going to have to work from the bottom up, if your credit is bad. Work in a place that is along the same lines as what you want to do.
    Take a few courses that do interest you, and work from there. Like if you like reiki, take the course, and make small business cards and try it on a few people. Then keep adding on from there. If you like herbal remedies, then cultivate your own and ta-da! lol
    I think that the path you may choose will be starting off with a little and building on it for the rest of your life. Until at the end, you are complete.
    Best of luck, keep us posted!!
    I am so glad someone knows how I feel! I have talked to one career counselor and she wasn't in the best of moods. Once someone is not willing to talk to me - why should I even try to talk to them, you know? I didn't get much out of our discussion other than her saying "You won't make much money as a theatre teacher, but a bachelor's in science might get you somewhere..." Seesh - after our discussion I wanted HER job so I would know no one else would deal with her rude attitude! I have always had to start at the bottom and work myself up - so nothing new there - but you are right - start somewhere and take a class. I think I will start there. Thank you for your guidance!

Quote Originally Posted by LunarSunshine View Post
    You used the word splendiferous! That's awesome! :-D I'm in the same boat as you. I work as a counselor, and at first it's hard with clients but eventually you figure out how to balance your emotions. There's stages involved.

Loans are supposed to become easier to get, and there's suppose to be a lot of support for opening up businesses.

I'm having a lot of difficulty with the U.S. school system as well. I get bored too quickly. I wish they would just cut semesters in half. They drag out stuff it seems just to make more money. I'm the type of person that once understands something (and made it into knowledge/wisdom) doesn't want to bother with it anymore. It's off the check list.

There's some "retreats" that will give you a yoga teaching degree fairly quickly. You could make soap....or grow a garden? Have you defined what comfortable living is for yourself?
    I completely relate to your attitude towards the US school system! It's based on regurgitation and that's about it. Not many schools help students work on their critical thinking. The only classes I enjoyed were the ones that were "outside the box" (i.e. Philosophy of Love and Sex - it was an awesome class!)

The more more frustrated I get about the system - the more I want to break it down and start anew. Maybe that's what I need to do....

Thank you everyone! I still would love to know what careers others have.

Indigo Rookie
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 296
    Achievements:
    VeteranVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulfulWondering View Post
    I've tried them and so far all of them say I should be a teacher or counselor, which both require degrees. It's the schooling I DON'T want to do - atleast - not at a normal college.
    you could go into daycare or daycamp councelors. i was horrible at school too but i did go to collage for two years early childhood education course, it came really easy to me something i loved doing anyway. i feel more comfortable around children then adults.
    now i am my own boss i guess, i babysit in my own home the money isn;t great but it does help pay the bills and i enjoy it. no two days are the same, play all day with toys. the feeling of helping others, your working with the next generation here. perparing them to enter a world.
    anyway i just thought i'd drop my two cents in and maybe offer an idea that many don;t think about.

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Achievements:
    VeteranVeteran1000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Tell me more about these retreats and yoga certification programs LunarSunshine. I am very intrigued.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TruthSeeker72 For This Useful Post:

SoulfulWondering (06-29-2009)

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    VeteranVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Album pictures1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Soulfulwondering-
    I saw that one of your interests is Astrology-so why not consult an astrologer-many specialize in career counseling.

Indigo Member
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Blog entry5000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TruthSeeker72 View Post
    Tell me more about these retreats and yoga certification programs LunarSunshine. I am very intrigued.
    Well, they're expensive. You go to some compound (some are in the country, some are not) where you spend your days learning how to eat healthy and work on your own yoga poses for the first half of it. The later half you learn how to teach a class. I think the average amount of time is about 3 months. Then after all is said and done you are given a yoga teaching degree.

I looked into them for a while, but as I did not have the money I did not go. There was a great one in Colorado. And there's a program in some colleges that will send you out to places like Thailand where you can learn and get your certificate. I met someone who got a massage therapy certificate doing the college sort, not sure where it landed her though. When I met her she had just gotten back into the country. Apparently there were a few people going to do yoga as well. I'm sure if you looked online you could find plenty of information. This all is stuff I remember from when I was looking into it years ago.

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 415
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    haha this is me to a tee as well.
    without love I won't survive...

There is a cat in a box suspended in superposition, just hanging there untill we get it.
    She told us to overlook semantic superstition of this and that,
    Chill the constant chatter as words debilitates will into concepts of matter,
    Sensory reciprocality will usher in the void of we.

Old Soul
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,590 Times in 2,797 Posts
    You know soulful, I know this isn't much help right here and now, but I have a distinct feeling that a time is coming - quickly - when traditional schooling isn't going to mean nearly as much as it does now - when instinctive and "natural" skills will be valued much more highly than they are now, with perhaps simply studying for a while with someone already practicing your praticular skill before you are put into the workplace (so to speak).

My girls call me the "renisance woman" in that I can do a little bit of everything, have interest in an extremely wide variety of things but can never seem to settle to one thing long enough to become "successful" at it, usually because some sort of "training" or "conforming" is needed to make your way in that particular field. At the same time I have a gut "knowing" that all my skills, all the things I've learned, my natural abilities if you will, are going to be needed

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”
    ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sshenry For This Useful Post:

Gizmos (09-16-2014), SoulfulWondering (06-29-2009)

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 343
    Achievements:
    VeteranVeteran1000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    I am an astrologer and new writer! Writing is something I need to focus on!

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranVeteranTagger Second Class
    Level
    Thanks
    Im happy being a sparky (electrician).

I use my mind, and my hands. I have had many careers, some of which were only mental, and some only physical, I was never satisfied.

As for a career that helps others.. unfortuantly the ones Im interested in dont make money.. however Id like to do them for free or very little money to just cover my costs.

When I am a Master Electrician (a few more years), Ill start my own business, and combine some eco-friendly ideas I have for electrical and home building that I dont see anyone doing yet.

Electrician pays well too
    Im not a human trying to have a spiritual experience, I am a spirit trying to have a human experience

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Blog entry10000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I'm going to raise wild animals..LOLOL

29. The Following User Says Thank You to bella For This Useful Post:

Zaher (09-02-2009)

Indigo Member
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 249
    Achievements:
    VeteranVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Album pictures1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    I'm going through this as well. I received the "rebellion against society" Indigo gene... I have tried very hard to make myself conform enough to be able to fit into a career in medicine - however, my higher self knew better and has thwarted said efforts. I accel (generally) in school.. I'm still considering a career in healthcare and have also considered counseling.. unfortunately, I've gotten myself in a pickle financially (with my attempt at a career thus far) and so I need to take that into consideration....

While it's hard for us to sometimes "fit in" or make ourselves live in the physical world, sometimes traveling "on Earth" is necessary to accomplish our higher goals...
    I agree that a time is coming when things will be VERY different.. and as a renaissance woman myself, I am looking forward to that day. However, in the meantime, these bodies must eat, and breathe, and sleep, and relate, as best they can... I wish I had all the answers, and perhaps I do.. but I'm not in touch with them yet.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to alotken For This Useful Post:

SoulfulWondering (06-29-2009)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast