A Local Prisoner Is Scheduled To Be Executed Today On Friday The 13Th

General Open Discussion for topics not covered anywhere else.
A local prisoner is scheduled to be executed today on Friday March the 13Th to be by lethal injection to die for his crimes that he commeded by murduring his victum and killing her to death. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Die you fool for your crimes!!!!!.........!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Quote........

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"]Local News | WA judge denies bid for execution stay | Seattle Times Newspaper[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"]WA judge denies bid for execution stay[/SIZE][/FONT]

Thurston County, Wash., judge denied a stay of execution Wednesday for Cal Coburn Brown, who is scheduled to die by lethal injection early Friday for the 1991 rape and murder of a 22-year-old Seattle-area woman.

By NICHOLAS K. GERANIOS and GENE JOHNSON

Associated Press Writers

A Thurston County, Wash., judge denied a stay of execution Wednesday for Cal Coburn Brown, who is scheduled to die by lethal injection early Friday for the 1991 rape and murder of a 22-year-old Seattle-area woman.

Brown's lawyers immediately appealed to the Washington Supreme Court, which earlier this week refused to delay the killing on different grounds.

On Wednesday, Brown's attorneys asked Thurston County Superior Court Judge Chris Wickham to stay the execution, based on an argument that Washington's procedure for administering lethal injection constitutes cruel and unusual punishment.

Another Washington death row inmate, Darold Ray Stenson, was recently granted a May hearing in Thurston County Superior Court on the validity of the lethal injection procedure. Wickham's decision would permit Brown to be executed before that issue is settled, irate defense attorneys said.

"It's incredibly shocking and disappointing that the judge has said today that that trial will take place without Mr. Brown because he'll be dead by then," said Jeff Ellis, president of the Washington Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty.

The state attorney general's office had no immediate comment on that issue, and it wasn't immediately clear how soon the Supreme Court would rule on the appeal. Earlier in the week, justices rejected Brown's arguments that the death penalty is applied irrationally in Washington and that he should not be executed because he suffers from a mental illness.

Brown, 50, is set to be executed at 12:01 a.m. Friday at the Washington State Penitentiary in Walla Walla. He was convicted of carjacking Holly Washa, of the Seattle suburb of Burien, at knifepoint near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport 18 years ago.

Brown, whose death sentence was overturned by a federal appeals court in 2007 but later reinstated by the U.S. Supreme Court, confessed to the woman's torture and murder.

He had been out of an Oregon prison just two months for an attack seven years earlier.

Near the airport, Brown got Washa's attention by pointing to the rear tire of her vehicle, indicating a problem. When the young woman opened her car door to investigate, he jumped in and held her at knifepoint.

For the next 36 hours, Brown robbed, raped and tortured Washa in a motel room, then stabbed and strangled her. Days later, arrested for attacking another woman in California, Brown directed police to Washa's battered body in the trunk of her car.

According to court documents, Brown suffers from bipolar disorder, but was not being treated at the time of the murder. Since 1994, prison staff have prescribed medication to control the condition.

Since 1904, 77 men have been put to death in Washington state. Brown would be just the fifth inmate executed since 1963.

Brown was convicted of aggravated first-degree murder on Dec. 10, 1993, and sentenced to death 17 days later.

Copyright © 2009 The Seattle Times Company

End of Quote........
brandonkeys@live.com

«  » by wolf89
i will never agree with the deat sentence i always seed that humans don;t have the power to chose who to day
wolf89

«  » by Sephish
wolf89 wrote:i will never agree with the deat sentence i always seed that humans don;t have the power to chose who to day

I know that it seems wrong but I agree with it... Humans don't have the power to choose who lives and who dies and yet this person decided when it was time for that woman to die... I think in cases like this it's fair...
Sephish

«  » by brandonkeys@live.com
I wonder why its on Friday March the 13th though?? thats vary odd!!!
brandonkeys@live.com

«  » by wolf89
maibe they wan;t to add his bad energy to the bad colectiv you know more dark power
wolf89

«  » by brandonkeys@live.com
wolf89 wrote:maibe they wan;t to add his bad energy to the bad colectiv you know more dark power

Are you sure thats what thair doing??
brandonkeys@live.com

«  » by wolf89
well that is a possibility low vaybrating souls can be colected as more energy for the negativ energy beeings
wolf89

«  » by bella
Maybe the judge has a sick sense of humor.
bella