Indigo Member
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I figured it would be more a question of dilution and less of brand, but I also figured some brands would be more into 'classical' homeopathy, whereas others might be more likely to offer the less diluted versions.

As to the rest, eh, if it gets proven true, it gets proven true :P At the moment homeopathy hasn't managed to prove an effect beyond placebos, but part of the problem is that studies done by pro-homeopathy folks tend to be slightly weak (not enough sample size, not double blind, etc) which counts against them in the eyes of the general populace. The whole field could benefit from some more rigorous studies, I think. Just because we don't understand the mechanism at this time doesn't mean we can't see positive results after all.

This ad goes away when you register.

Global Forum Caretaker
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,038 Times in 3,886 Posts
    the potencies of single remedies are standard in all aspects. the companies that make them make them all.
    !soil first! every garden is an experiment no experiment is a failure
    ------------------------------------** Hidden Content eat lots of salad! Hidden Content **-----------------------------------

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rabana For This Useful Post:

Luwana (05-22-2009)

Global Forum Caretaker
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    i've posted the link to this article several times but here is the story itself. i always smile when i think about them giving out 5 million doses of flower remedies for stress. americans could do with several hundred million doses. around here i pass out bio-phosphate cell salts or kali phosphoricum 30c during hurricanes. i have taken gelsemium 30c ahead of time for dread.

Successful Use of Homeopathy In Over 2.5 Million People Reported From Cuba
    Posted on January 1, 2009 by homeopathyresource

A remarkable successful use of homeopathic prophylaxis was reported from a Cuban conference. Of course, the exact numbers and results are still to be published. Cuba has its own vaccine production and instead of using a conventional medical vaccine homeopathic remedies were distributed to prevent the usual Leptospirosis outbreak after tropical flooding. The results were phenomenally excellent!

The CDC describes Leptospirosis as:

“Leptospirosis is a bacterial disease that affects humans and animals. It is caused by bacteria of the genus Leptospira. In humans it causes a wide range of symptoms, and some infected persons may have no symptoms at all. Symptoms of leptospirosis include high fever, severe headache, chills, muscle aches, and vomiting, and may include jaundice (yellow skin and eyes), red eyes, abdominal pain, diarrhea, or a rash. If the disease is not treated, the patient could develop kidney damage, meningitis (inflammation of the membrane around the brain and spinal cord), liver failure, and respiratory distress.”

Here is a report from an attendee of a recent conference in Cuba:

A historical and inspiring event took place 10-12 December 2008 in Havana Cuba that I had the honour to attend. There, the Carlos J Finlay Institute under the guidance of its director-general, Dra. Conception Campa Huergo and Dr. Gustavo Bravo and others hosted NOSODES 2008, an International Meeting on Homeoprophilaxis, Homeopathic Immunization and Nosodes against Epidemics.

Homeopaths from Cuba, S America, Canada, Australia, UK, and Kenya (yours truly) made presentations on the wide varieties of successful disease prevention using homeopathy and more specifically, nosodes.

Each presentation was more amazing than the previous. All were very remarkable and notable in the field of research and science. Some of the topics included Childhood Disease Prevention, Homeopathic prophylaxis as an aspect of gov’tal programs, Nosodes Genus Epidemicus and Compexes, Homeoprophylaxis on Agronomy, Homeoprophylaxis on Veternary, Homeoprophylaxis in TB, Homeoprophylaxis in Chagas disease, Homeoprophylaxis in hepatitis, Homeoprophylaxis in Malaria (yours truly, again) and the list of presentations goes on.

(I am sorry for my lack of variety of adjectives for this email – “remarkable”, “awesome” and “amazing” will be repeated often because I have no other way to express my opinion of this conference)

THE PREVENTION OF EPIDEMIC LEPTOSPIROSIS IN CUBA

But none of these remarkable speakers, each presenting their amazing work in disease prevention and use of nosodes could not hold a candle to the historical accomplishment of the Cubans in their presentation of controlling the local endemic-epidemic disease of Leptospirosis.

Now, the Finlay Institute is primarily the Cuban research institute that produces allopathic vaccinations for their country. Since Cuba is outcasted by the USA government, they have come to depend on themselves for the making of medicines, health care programs, etc. And since the Cuba is not under the yoke of the international pharmaceutical juggernaut, they are not held back from adopting homeopathy and other alternative medicines wholeheartedly into their national health programmes. The Finlay director-general herself is very pro-homeopathy (not to mention, besides, a macrobiotic vegetarian).

To put it simply, what they presented is this:

Cuba goes through a yearly cycle of Leptospirosis epidemic, especially after the hurricanes flood the countryside and water pollution reaches its height. (Leptospirosis: infectious disease caused by the spirochaete Leptospira transmitted to humans from rats, giving jaundice and kidney damage. Can cause death)

Annually the population is exposed to the disease, most especially after hurricanes.

Until Aug 2007, the Finlay Institute (a part of the Ministry of Public Health, Cuba) has been distributing its own allopathic Lepto vaccination. August is the height of the hurricane season. Annually, many are left homeless, flooded out and under the stress of disaster situation. There is a sharp rise in the lepto epidemic.

The usual expectacy of infection even with allopathic vaccination would have been around a few thousands, with some deaths included.

Part of the reason for this is that the high cost of vaccination prevents putting but the most at-risk populations (ie children, pregnant women, elderly) on vaccination. The cost of such limited vaccination is about US$3,000.000.

But in Aug 2007, Finlay put approximately [2,500,000] people (yes! 5 million doses!) in 2 provinces on homoepathic nosode prophylaxis at the cost of about only US$ 200,000.

That figure represents the entire population of the 2 provinces. The prophylaxis consisted of 2 single doses about 2 weeks apart. Included in the dose was the Lepto nosode + some Bach flower remedies to address the mental distress of the disaster situation.

How very amazing it was to watch this presentation being made. Up to the point, the presenters were showing us graph after graph of the usual rise of the epidemic, year after year, even with the use of allopathic vaccination. Each year the graphs would edge higher and higher towards the year-end, reaching up to the thousands of infected.

But this time, within 2 weeks after Aug 2007, the rising lines literally dropped off the chart to ZERO-Ten infections only! Yes. Near-zero infections, zero deaths from leptospirosis after Aug 2007. And in 2008, no deaths, infections less than 10 a month.

HISTORY MADE for Homeopathy

This mass treatment of 2.5 million people with homeopathy, I don’t believe, has been done anywhere else in the world, not even in India, where homeopathy enjoys the shelter of the government.

And the awesome results of going from hundreds of infected to near-zero in the period of a few weeks, also is historical. My jaw dropped as I watched the graphs demonstrate their success.

The Cuban team readily admits that they have not invented anything new as far as homeopathic philosophy or application. They have simply followed what we homeopaths know to work. And since they have no pharmaceutical multi-nationals to stop them, they were able to do it on a massive scale unknown in the history of homeopathy.

What is remarkable is their application to such a large population, and its dramatic success, with full scientific verification. The results are incontrovertible and undeniable even by the most rabid of anti-homeopaths.

=======
    As a word or two about Dra Heurgo, Dr. Bravo and the rest of the Cuban team. Truly remarkable people. “Concita” as Dra Heurgo is lovingly known by the people of Cuba, is well known and loved as a woman who has done remarkable work to improve the health of the population. I found her to be a remarkable person – untiring, passionate about her work and compassionate in her motivation to serve her fellow human beings.

I should like to nominate her for the Nobel Prize.
    ------------------------------------** Hidden Content eat lots of salad! Hidden Content **-----------------------------------

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rabana For This Useful Post:

Dancingstar (05-29-2009), Indigo Dog (05-22-2009)

Forum Caretaker
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,058
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 1,880 Posts
    I have a purple mulberry tree. I would like to make tea from the leaves and berries as a tonic to lower blood pressure. It also has an anti Diabetic property, or at least the white mulberry tree does. IDK. Would it work with the purple one too? If so, how should I make the tea?

Usually I just make jelly with the berries.
    " All the problems of the world can be solved with a garden." Geoff Lawton

Global Forum Caretaker
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    hi. thanks for posting. bumping in fact. but is this the right thread? were you thinking about wildcrafting? i once made mulberry wine- purple. thats about my experience with mulberries.

thinking about a new post to get this going again...

Official Supporter
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 991
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album picturesTagger First Class
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 944 Posts
    oh I just spotted this rabana

The World Health Organization states that homeopathic medicine is the second most popular medicine in use -- and the first is NOT orthodox, allopathic medicine as practiced in the U.S.
    What is the first then ? Traditional Chinese Medicine ?
    "There are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all." - Anonymous
    The Infinite Strength of Spirit empowers the Will to embrace the Beauty of Change - Patryc
    "If I distrust the human being, then I must cram her with information of my own choosing lest she go her own mistake way. But if I trust the capacity of the human individual for developing, then I can provide her with many opportunities and permit her to choose her own way and her own directions in learning." - Rogers & Freiberg, 1994, p. 160

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Global Forum Caretaker
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Red face rambling and blowing off a little steam

i read that somewhere too. probably herbal medicine in general. i read that WHO issued a directive a few years back in support of herbal medicine and homeopathy around the world and that thats when the attacks on homeopathy began, paid for by big pharma.

what has been going on in the uk- media and public awareness attacks on all the alternatives, especially homeopathy, is unconscionable. homeo clinics have actually been closed down, taken off the national health system, people losing access to natural health programs that they depended on.

btw, i'm a big fan of prince charles. i'm sorry about his marriage problems. its a nasty job but someone had to be charles and he does it as well as anyone could. he has always been a courageous and outspoken supporter of natural medicine, organic agriculture, anti-bioengineering, and so on, receiving much criticism for it. i'm sure he's an indigo.

i always think of a book i read about dr. semmelweiss, one of the first to insist on hand-washing for medical personnel, in his obstetric hospital in hungary in the mid-1800's. it was always considered a badge of distinction for md's to wear a jacket covered in gore and they would go from the dissecting (cadavers) labs to the wards without washing their hands.

when he published his statistics, the drastic drop in mortality for women from "childbed fever", due to this simple change, a few dr's were so distraught about what they'd done in ignorance, that they committed suicide. despite his statistics, dr. semmelweiss could not enforce the hand washing rule even in his own hospital where he was laughed at by the other md's. he eventually went insane, purposely gave himself a dissecting wound, and died in a psych ward.

it was another 50 or so years before this practice became the rule. my friend, a nurse, says it was nurses who eventually brought it about. i have always had the thought that we may be doing peace and healing meditations someday for the medical professions when they wake up en masse and realize what they've done.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rabana For This Useful Post:

Dancingstar (06-26-2009)

Official Supporter
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 991
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album picturesTagger First Class
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 944 Posts
    interesting I didn't know that about Prince Charles
    "There are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all." - Anonymous
    The Infinite Strength of Spirit empowers the Will to embrace the Beauty of Change - Patryc
    "If I distrust the human being, then I must cram her with information of my own choosing lest she go her own mistake way. But if I trust the capacity of the human individual for developing, then I can provide her with many opportunities and permit her to choose her own way and her own directions in learning." - Rogers & Freiberg, 1994, p. 160

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Old Soul
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialYour first GroupYour first GroupRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,269 Times in 1,549 Posts
    **subscribing** I am interested in homeopathy because the traditional medical profession had prescibed me medications that put me in the hospital and prescribe me medications with things like "powdered plastic" in them, everything in my spirit tells me my answers lie in nature and I am finding that it is true. Ty Rabana!
    ~a whisper~

Global Forum Caretaker
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    de nada (you're welcome). hope you'll read the thread from the start...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rabana For This Useful Post:

pebble (05-26-2009)

Global Forum Caretaker
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

more about prince charles

from Official Homeopathy Resource RSS feed on my yahoo homepage:

Official Homeopathy Resource

Rock Legend Roger Daltrey Praises Homeopathy and Prince Charles Support of Homeopathy
    Posted on May 27, 2009 by homeopathyresource

Roger Daltrey, the Who’s lead singer, praised homeopathy as a guest speaker at an event sponsored by Prince Charles’ Foundation for Integrated Health. Mr. Daltrey talked about his experiences with homeopathy and work with the Teenage Cancer Trust. In 2008, Daltrey discussed how homeopathy saved his son’s life.

Rock legend Roger Daltrey has praised the Prince of Wales for his work campaigning on issues like climate change and integrated health.

The Who’s lead singer described the heir to the throne as “his own man” when the two met at a health conference in central London.

The musician was a guest speaker at the event staged by the Prince’s Foundation for Integrated Health to talk about his experiences of homeopathy and work with the Teenage Cancer Trust.

Asked what he thought about the 60-year-old Prince, Daltrey said: “I think the work Charles is doing is amazing, he takes it on the chin, he’s his own man.”

Charles has faced criticism over the decades for his support for green issues and promoting the use of complementary alongside conventional treatments.

In 2008, Daltrey revealed, “I had a very, very dramatic experience with my son when he was nine months old. He had gastro difficulties, started throwing up, could not keep any food down and turned into skin and bone. At the hospital, they did every test to him, and in the end they just handed him back to me. My wife and I were in bits. My poor baby. The kid was dying. It was terrifying. I thought, there’s got to be something. I’d heard of homeopathy, so I found a local guy in the Yellow Pages and took my boy there. He gave him some powders. Within two weeks he was putting weight on, keeping the food down. The trouble recurred periodically for a couple of years, but he’s now 27, a fit and healthy young man.”

Daltrey further explained that he has seen other miraculous results from homeopathic treatment, “The bizarre thing is that I’ve got a chiropractor friend in LA whose baby landed up in exactly the same state. He thought he was about to lose him. But I recommended homoeopathic remedies, and he recovered too. That’s God’s honest truth. Now I bet doctors would say, ‘Oh they’d have got better anyway’. But I can’t believe that.”

Banned
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranVeteranCreated Blog entry

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Rabana,
    This post is incredible!!! I am a very strong believer in homeopathic medicine and many other alternatives rather than the dangerous conventional methods of the world today!!!
    was just wondering....you're in Mexico so you may not have heard, we have a new bill that they're trying to pass here in Canada called Bill C6... Like you said, powers are trying very hard to pass this bill before natural Canadians have a chance to see it...

A friend of mine told me about this Bill, and I actually had a chance to talk to a representative of one of Canada's MPs, and he made it sound like it's absolutely nothing related to natural products, it's just a bill to make sure "consumer products" are safe and approved by the FDA that they wont cause bodily harm...

Went home that night and looked up C6, and it turns out that they are now attacking the natural and alternative healing communtiy!!! This is something that MUST be stopped and attached is a petition that I encourage anyone on here to go to, especailly if you are Canadian!!!

I use arnica gel and arnica pills for myself and my kids. We also use an injury remedy and ambrotose to get the healing benefits out all the natural remedies... In my opinion, there's NOTHING in the world that cant be treated and cure by using natural, homeopathic and holistic healing... I'm also very interested in reiki, reflexology, herbology, massage, acupressure and color therapy... I am slowly studying many different types of natural healing techniques, so that down the road, I can be skilled in healing many different ailments by using the different techniques. It's a very exciting concept to study, since I dont believe in the medical systems that we have here...They're very dangerous and they are making our nation very sick and addicted!!!

Great thread Rabana!!! I look forward to reading more of them!!!!

Love, peace and prayers,
    ~Tiff~

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Shoot, now I cant post the silly website!! lol

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/StopC6

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dancingstar For This Useful Post:

rabana (05-30-2009)

Global Forum Caretaker
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    yes, they've been trying to do this in the states for at least 20 years. every few years there is another bill and the outcry is so great that they never pass. there is much evidence that big pharma is behind it all.

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 AM ----------

definitions: homeopathy and naturopathy

people often confuse the terms "homeopathy" and "naturopathy" so i want to clarify them. as i compose this post i am struck by the amount of wordage, discussion, explanation and debate engendered by homeopathy.

the term homeopathy was made up by samuel hahnemann 200 years ago to describe his method of healing with the substances. today his style of healing is called classical homeopathy. it involves using only one single remedy at a time, carefully chosen according to the client's very individual case, in order to find the constitutional remedy most fitting to the case. it is very exacting and intellectually rigorous on the part of the practitioner.

here is an actual definition of the word "homeopathy":

Definition- from the Greek words homoios (similar) and pathos (suffering). The name homeopathy is derived from two Greek words that mean "like disease." The system is based on the idea that substances that produce symptoms of sickness in healthy people will have a curative effect when given in very dilute quantities to sick people who exhibit those same symptoms.

originally classical homeopaths were all md's and in the world today many med schools still teach it as optional extra courses. classical homeopathy has an almost fundamentalist element to it with much argument over what is most purely hahnemannian, how much deviation there can be. classical homeopaths claim the term homeopathy as their own, saying it denotes this single remedy approach and it irks them that anyone else uses the term for any other meaning or application.

too bad for them. the term "homeopathy" as commonly used by the public refers to the remedies themselves and any style of use of these potentized, highly dilute substances. no matter how irritating this is to classical homeopaths, i don't see it changing. just like the term "swine flu"- the pork industry asked that it be changed and for a few days the institutions tried to call it "novel flu" but to no avail- "swine flu" it remains. in a homeopathy forum i caught a classical homeopath responding to someone about one of the very old and well-known homeo combinations saying "that is not homeopathy. that is mixopathy." i doubt if the term "mixopathy" is going to fly...although now i'm thinking about trying it out in this thread...

as far as i can see, other people got hold of the remedies themselves early on and started using them in other ways, most notably intercurrently (alternating 2 or more remedies) or in combination, as herbs are used. indeed, i find there is a very fine line between homeopathy (defined as any style of use of the remedies) and herbalism. if you take 1 drop of herb tincture mixed in water you have crossed the line to homeopathy. i learned to do that all on my own because as i detoxed and healed i found i needed smaller and smaller dosages. the first time i took milk thistle i took 3 drops in a glass of water and was amazed by what it did for me. i knew next to nothing about homeo at the time. hahnemann himself did not invent the idea of the minimum dose, the highly dilute remedies. his work was based on ancient texts.

so what is naturopathy then?

naturopathy is a system that uses diet and lifestyle changes, herbs, homeopathy, massage and other non-invasive natural therapies for healing, in order to engage the body's innate healing force. classical naturopathy does have principles, which i have posted several times here on various threads. the first and most basic principle is: death begins in the colon, meaning that the lower bowel must be kept clean and moving. thus, the naturopathic approach leads to various forms of detoxifying therapies.

so naturopathy is an umbrella term that includes many types of procedures including homeopathy. i call myself a naturopath. that covers everything i'm teaching and recommending. i do not call myself a homeopath because i do not use homeopathy in the strictly classical manner and i am happy to leave that title to those that do. i'm certainly not going to call myself a mixopath!
    Last edited by rabana; 05-30-2009 at 04:20 AM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rabana For This Useful Post:

Dancingstar (06-04-2009), pebble (05-30-2009), VividBlueSkraps (03-13-2010)

Global Forum Caretaker
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

First Aid

hello out there? i know you're lurking. some replies would be nice. i will keep this bumped anyway. its easy enough to post internet info....

Homeopathic First Aid

Homeopathic First Aid by Larry Wheeler

I have put this together, so that it can be used as a reference when selecting homeopathic remedies for many differing situations. All remedies used would be in the 30C potency.

CUTS & WOUNDS

HYPERCAL: a mixture of Hypericum and Calendula, this comes in both cream And spray form, and will aid skin healing, help prevent the wound going septic, and lessen pain.

HYPERICUM: use after sharp cuts, especially injury to fingers and toes or other parts rich in nerves.

ARNICA: use after any injury; speeds up healing and helps prevent sepsis And excessive bleeding, resolves bruising. Do not use Arnica cream on broken skin.

BELLIS PERENNIS: wounds and blows to the abdomen or breast.

CALENDULA: lacerated wounds. Helps skin to heal more quickly and reduce scarring.

LEDUM: puncture wounds, animal & insect bites, especially mosquitoes.

HAMAMELIS: where veins are involved

BRUISES

ARNICA: (tablet or cream: but not on broken skin) first remedy for bruises

LEDUM: darker bruises may need this remedy if Arnica fails.

BELLIS PERENNIS: bruises and injuries to breast and abdomen.

HAMAMELIS: where veins are involved

EYE INJURIES

ARNICA or LEDUM for black eye (see above).

SYMPHYTUM.: Injury to eyeball

EUPHRASIA Inflammation of the eye: one drop of tincture in an eye bath.

SHOCK FRIGHT GRIEF

ARNICA Trauma after an accident or fright. Patient claims to be ok, even though the shock was great. Aversion to being touched or approached; Answers slowly, absent-minded; dazed. Can’t sleep; aches all over.

ACONITE after intense, sudden shock or fright. Fear of death. Extreme Restlessness and anxiety. Can be afraid to leave the house. Pale and thirsty.

CARBO VEG collapse and fainting after a shock (“corpse reviver”); wants fresh air and to be fanned. Slow, fearful, sad. Lack of reaction after a violent attack.

IGNATIA particularly after emotional shock, grief, or disappointed love. Hysterical crying, jealousy; oversensitive. Sighs a lot; sensation of a Lump in the throat on swallowing. Highly changeable moods. May have twitching and trembling.

OPIUM haunted by serious trauma, e.g. Of war, fatal accident, crime. The fear remains for a disproportionate time. Slowness and placidity alternate with rage and courageousness. Indifferent to both pleasure and pain. Haunted by frightful visions when awake or asleep.

PHOS AC Weakness, exhaustion and entire lack of interest in things after a great loss, or fright or shock. Long term worry or sadness can cause this State. Apathy. Settled despair. Dread of the future. No appetite but craves refreshing things, juice and milk.

SPRAINS, STRAINS & FRACTURES

ARNICA where there is swelling and bruising

BELLIS PERENNIS lameness from over exertion; patient feels better moving around & applying cold things (e.g. Ice pack)

BRYONIA joints swollen & sore; feels irritable; patient cannot even move slightly without pain

RHUS TOX Torn ligaments & joint pain; muscles stiff & aching. Restless; Symptoms worse from initial movement but better once the patient is moving around.

RUTA inflammation of tendons, strains of ligaments & cartilage: Especially wrists & ankles. Hamstrings feel shortened. Hands & feet feel stiff & tight. Symptoms worse ascending & descending (e.g. Stairs, hills).

FRACTURES

ARNICA Compound fractures: swelling, bruising, pains shift from joint to joint; fear of being touched. Patient feels bruised and aching all over the body.

SYMPHYTUM known as ‘bone knit’ and Comfrey in herbal medicine because it unites fractures. Also for pricking stitching pain in old injuries.

CALC. PHOS. Where fractures are slow to heal. Young people who have repeated fractures whilst growing. Pain where a wound has been stitched.

RUTA fractured wrist & ankles.

WHIPLASH

ARNICA: take Arnica as soon as possible after any blow, fall or injury. Key symptom: patient may say they are ok despite serious accident and injuries

HYPERICUM: whiplash with shooting nerve pain, the slightest movement of the arms or neck causes the patient to cry out in pain. Inability to walk or stoop. Where there has also been a blow to the coccyx. Feels weak and trembling

RUTA: for whiplash with deep ligament and tendon injuries and/or tearing. Feel like they have been beaten up, deeply bruised

BRYONIA: the slightest movement or touch causes pain and the patient is highly irritable. Giddiness, heaviness and shooting pain in the head and sweating of the head and neck

Recommended: visit an osteopath or a cranial osteopath for additional treatment.

First aid: Whiplash occurs when the neck jerks forward or backwards suddenly, as in a car accident. Seek immediate medical assistance after any accident involving your neck. Whiplash can even cause spinal cord injury in the worst cases, but homeopathy can offer additional help in the recovery process. If there is no spinal cord damage, but you have a prolapsed disc, symptoms will include shooting pain in your arms and shoulders at the slightest movement of your neck.

EXHAUSTION

For individuals who are constantly driven to work until they are ‘burnt Out’, there are many possible constitutional remedies which could help. Consult a classical homoeopath in your area via the Society of Homeopaths.

PHOS AC: The person requiring Phos Ac is likely to be a person (often They may have had a run of stressful situations, for example exams, a broken relationship, the shock of bad news and/or an acute illness (such as flu, food poisoning) which leaves them utterly drained. They are listless, indifferent, despairing:cannot think straight or find the right words. They feel aching to the bone and may be clumsy and uncoordinated. Headaches and thirstiness (especially for juice and milk) are common. Boils on the skin. Sensitive to light, sound and odours

KALI PHOS: over stressed nerves and easily tired by the slightest activity. Everything is too much. Jumps at the slightest noise, feeling of Nervous dread. Depressed; can be verbally cruel to loved ones. Has many fears about their health and the future. Sleepless from worry. Stomach feels empty even soon after eating: craves ice, vinegar and especially sweets. Diarrhoea. Itching skin and small boils

COCCULUS: for carers and those who spend long hours helping others and nursing the sick (especially into the night), finding themselves overtired and dizzy, can seem intoxicated as the dizziness is sometimes accompanied by slurred speech. Very anxious about the health of others. Sensitive ‘romantic’ people, who daydream, lost in their own world. No appetite, but desire for cold drinks. Limbs ‘go to sleep’. Cramps. Motion sickness when travelling. Hate being contradicted.

ZINC: Hardworking people, often intellectual, unable to relax, always on the go. Exhaustion with irritability and inability to sit still. Weak and pale with expressionless face. Feel ‘guilty’ as if they have committed a cime. Muscles twitch, trembling and stumbling. Fidgety, especially the feet. Easily irritated mentally and jumps at the slightest thing. Chilly. sweating. Cannot drink the slightest amount of wine without irritation and flushing skin. Hunger: can't eat fast enough.

IF SOMEONE IS IN A STATE OF COLLAPSE FROM EXHAUSTION, SEEK EMERGENCY MEDICAL ASSISTANCE IMMEDIATELY. Some of the symptoms listed for ‘exhaustion’ below could also indicate other serious illness. Get checked out by your doctor if you experience tiredness with fainting, tingling limbs, dizziness or blurred vision, or any unusual symptom, and register with a homoeopath if you would like additional alternative treatment

AFTER SURGERY & DENTIST

REMEDIES AFTER DENTAL PROCEDURE

HYPERICUM for nerve pain; shooting pain

CALENDULA after tooth extraction & for sore gums. Also use 5 drops CALENDULA tincture diluted in a glass of water as a mouth wash, to heal the inside of the mouth

ARNICA bruising, swelling and pain after tooth extraction or fillings. Also for bleeding gums after treatment

PHOSPHOROUS after anaesthetic and where there is excessive bleeding after extraction

MERC SOL mouth ulcers. Flu or cold symptoms after amalgam fillings

REMEDIES AFTER SURGERY

ARNICA take after any surgery especially when there is bruising, swelling and pain

HYPERICUM shooting pain, nerve pain. Especially after surgery to parts rich in nerves: fingers, toes, etc.

BELLIS PERENNIS after surgery to breast or abdomen

SILICA when skin is slow to heal, or if foreign bodies/fragments (e.g. splinters, glass, gun shot) remain in a wound

PHOSPHOROUS after anaesthetic, to clear the head. Also useful where there is a tendency to bleed easily

HYPERCAL cream to speed up skin healing and lessen scarring

CARBO VEG where there is painful trapped wind (flatulence) after surgery, for example after a caesarian

HAMAMELIS after surgery on haemorrhoids and varicose veins, and after a vasectomy (where there is hematocele: effusion of blood into the testicle) or any operation involving veins

Global Forum Caretaker
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Skeptical Researcher Reluctantly Admits Homeopathy Works

Posted on June 17, 2009 by homeopathyresource

An article in the New Scientist points out how a pharmacologist who was attempting to debunk homeopathy had to reluctantly admit that it works.

MADELEINE Ennis, a pharmacologist at Queen’s University, Belfast, was the scourge of homeopathy. She railed against its claims that a chemical remedy could be diluted to the point where a sample was unlikely to contain a single molecule of anything but water, and yet still have a healing effect. Until, that is, she set out to prove once and for all that homeopathy was bunkum.

In her most recent paper, Ennis describes how her team looked at the effects of ultra-dilute solutions of histamine on human white blood cells involved in inflammation. These “basophils” release histamine when the cells are under attack. Once released, the histamine stops them releasing any more. The study, replicated in four different labs, found that homeopathic solutions – so dilute that they probably didn’t contain a single histamine molecule – worked just like histamine. Ennis might not be happy with the homeopaths’ claims, but she admits that an effect cannot be ruled out.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rabana For This Useful Post:

Dancingstar (06-25-2009), Patryc (06-26-2009)

Banned
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranVeteranCreated Blog entry

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I'm very excited to be learning some many remarkable things from so many people in my life, and I have God to thank for putting them there... I have been on a natural quest since birth, and it's exciting the people you meet along the way that are my elders and can teach me so much!!! I have found a few very educational and helpful links that I find will fit in with this link quite well!!!
    [IMG]http://www.1cure4cancer.com/[/IMG

Thank you rabana for posting such useful threads!!!! Have a great day~~
    Tiff~

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

oops!! didnt work and I'm far too tired to try again right now!! Good night!! Sweet dreams everyone!!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Dancingstar For This Useful Post:

rabana (06-26-2009)

Global Forum Caretaker
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    here dancingstar, i did it for you.

Cure for cancer prevent cancer with Amygdalin laetrile vitamin b17 apricot seeds and more

not about homeopathy but thats ok. its about laetril/viamin b17/apricot pits. i just got the idea to start to thread to list all the various natural therapies for cancer.

i'm getting a post on cancer ready for the candida thread--its getting pretty obvious to many people these days that the spreading rotten tissue element of most cancers is candida gone wild--so i'll post this here:

the cancer tendency is strong in my family. 4 women including my mother died young (40's) of intestinal tumors. others on the other side of various cancers. both of my parents. i have the intestinal tumor but have followed naturopathic principles of diet and healing for 33 years and it has never turned cancerous, is nowhere near to killing me. i am 57 years old.

if i did have cancer i would do gerson therapy (intense detox) along with taking the hoxsey formula (herbal tincture now widely available). in fact i could say i've done both over the years: continual detox and have taken the formula and many others.

since this is a homeopathy thread i will relate it to homeopathy: i have an unusual constitutional remedy- at least 20 years ago it was unusual and 5 different homeopaths told me it was sulphur (very common and i can see why they thought so). but sulphur never did much for me. turns out (and i came across this myself just a few years ago) that my constitutional was carcinosinum, the cancer nosode, made from actual tumor material. it matches my family history of cancer, the child abuse leading to chronic fatigue syndrome, and various emotional/psychological tendencies. i took carcinosinum 200c various times and went thru a nice letting-up of many factors.

carcinosinum types are reticent in a way (like a shielded indigo, in my case) and difficult to spot, thats why it took me 15 years to figure it out. i still take it about 4 times a year, because of the tumor and family history. the local homeopath here told me that carcinosinum people used to be rare but are have become more common. probably carcinosinum has done its thing on me and i now am some other type but i haven't thought it thru.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rabana For This Useful Post:

Dancingstar (06-26-2009), jimwil22 (12-19-2009)

Old Soul
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,590 Times in 2,797 Posts
    just poking my head in to say that I'm really enjoying this thread I don't have much to contribute, but I thank those that have been working so hard on it

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”
    ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sshenry For This Useful Post:

Dancingstar (06-26-2009), rabana (06-26-2009)

Global Forum Caretaker
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    hello everyone. it is unseasonably hot here and i am hanging up my brain function in favor of pure physical survival. so i'm not on the computer much, its too uncomfortable. someone asked me about homeo for depression and i wish i was up to it but i'm not for now. meanwhile here is an article on that same theme i keep repeating- persecution and suppression of homeopathy by big pharma and the conventional press. this is important: in the uk much damage has been done in the past couple years thru lies and innuendo by "experts" obviously being paid off. homeo was part of the national health care system and now clinics are being closed, universities dropping their programs. i wondered if it would come to the usa and it looks like it is. don't expect a big response from me- especially if you want to argue. its too hot.

ACTION ALERT! National Center for Homeopathy (NCH)

Associated Press Issues a Misleading Story About Homeopathy

On 16 June 2009, the FDA issued a Warning Letter to the company that manufactures an over-the-counter nasal spray for colds called Zicam. Zicam contains zinc gluconate in a 2X solution as well as many other ingredients including benzalkonium chloride, sodium hydroxide, hydroxycellulose, glycerol, and a couple of other "solvents," preservatives, and suspending agents. The Warning Letter was issued after a number of consumers complained of problems with loss of smell from using the product.

The FDA's action produced a story distributed by Associated Press (AP) that is full of fabrications and falsely called into question the safety of homeopathic remedies. Your NCH, in concert with the American Association of Homeopathic Pharmacists (AAHP), has been vigorously responding to the AP story.

Among the false claims and inferences in the AP story:

False Claim: Homeopathic remedies are not regulated - they are treated like dietary supplements.

Fact: Homeopathic medications are regulated by the FDA and have been used safely in the United States since before the passage of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act in 1938. Homeopathic medicines have an extraordinary record of safety.

False Claim: FDA side-effect reports suggest homeopathic remedies are a problem for consumers.

Fact: The safety record of homeopathic remedies over the past 200 years is truly exemplary. A recent study by the American Association of Homeopathic Pharmacists (AAHP) documents this outstanding record in detail (see the home page at National Center for Homeopathy - Home Page for more information). Conventional drugs used by allopathic medicine are far more troubling from a safety standpoint.

False Claim: The National Institutes of Health's alternative medicine center spent $3.8 million on homeopathic research from 2002 to 2007 but is now abandoning studies on homeopathic drugs.

Fact: NCH received this assurance from the National Institutes of Health's alternative medicine center on 6/23/09: "NCCAM will continue to accept investigator-initiated research grant applications for homeopathy and will continue to consider for funding those that receive outstanding scores in peer review."

False Claim: "Very often, the only active ingredient is alcohol, and patients don't know that, and they get a buzz on. The therapeutic effect is no greater or less than a martini."

Fact: The overwhelming majority of homeopathic remedies sold are in solid pellet or tablet form and contain ZERO alcohol.

False Claim: In 1938, Congress passed a law granting homeopathic remedies the same legal status as regular pharmaceuticals. The law's principal author was Sen. Royal Copeland of New York, a trained homeopath. "He did it in such a sneaky way that nobody really noticed or paid attention," says medical author Natalie Robins.

Fact: Senator Royal Copeland, a major presence in American medicine at the end of the 19th century, rose to national fame when he was elected into the U.S. Senate in 1922. His career was distinguished in many ways, but he is best known as architect of the Food, Drug and Cosmetics Act of 1938, the success of which reflected his tireless effort over a period of five years. Copeland was trained as a homeopathic physician at the University of Michigan, at a time when homeopathy was a significant part of the U.S. healthcare system.

False Claim: "With arcane ingredients like "nux vomica" and "arsenicum album," many homeopathic medicines sound like something brewed in a druid's kettle."

Fact: Homeopathic remedies are named by their proper scientific designations (often in Latin), an accepted world-wide standard for naming substances, rather than the misleading kinds of names attached to drugs by pharmaceutical companies. For example, "Nux vomica" is the proper botanical Latin name for the nut of a particular tree.

False Claim: There is no evidence of effectiveness.

Fact: There are literally hundreds of high quality basic science, pre-clinical and clinical studies published in respected journals like Pediatrics, Chest, Rheumatology, The Lancet and others showing that homeopathy works (for more information, please visit the NCH website at National Center for Homeopathy - Article - Homeopathy Research Evidence Base: References). To claim otherwise is bad science and very irresponsible journalism.

Global Forum Caretaker
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    a good one from hpathy.com:

Presenting 55 Facts About Homeopathy

-- Louise Mclean, LCCH MHMA

How Homeopathy Works

FACT 1: Hippocrates ‘The Father of Medicine’ of Ancient Greece said there were two Laws of Healing: The Law of Opposites and the Law of Similars. Homeopathy treats the patient with medicines using the Law of Similars, while orthodox medicine uses the Law of Opposites, e.g. antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, anti-convulsants, anti-hypertensives, anti-depressants, anti-psychotics etc.

FACT 2: Homeopathic theories are based on fixed principles of the Laws of Nature - unlike medical theories which are constantly changing!

FACT 3: Homeopathy is an evidence-based, empirical medicine.

FACT 4: Homeopathy is both an art and a science.

FACT 5: The Homeopathic PROVINGS of medicines are a more scientific method of testing than the orthodox model of RCTs or double blind trials.

FACT 6: Homeopathic medicine awakens and stimulates the body's own curative powers. The potentised remedy acts as a catalyst to set healing into motion.

FACT 7: Homeopathic medicines work by communicating a current/pattern/frequency of energy via the whole human body to jump start the body’s own inherent healing mechanisms.

FACT 8: Homeopathy assists the body to heal itself, to overcome an illness which brings the patient to a HIGHER level of health. Orthodox medicine suppresses the illness, bringing the patient to a lower level of health.

FACT 9: The homeopathic practitioner endeavours to search for and treat the CAUSE of the disease in order to heal the EFFECT.

FACT 10: Outcomes of homeopathic treatment are measured by the LONG TERM curative effects of prescribing and complete eradication of the disease state.

FACT 11: The homeopathic practitioner treats the WHOLE PERSON, believing all symptoms are interrelated and seeks to select a medicine which most closely covers them all.

FACT 12: Homeopathy works FAST in acute illnesses, slower in chronic illness.

FACT 13: Homeopathic medicine has been proven extremely effective in Epidemics such as cholera, typhoid, diptheria, yellow fever, polio and influenza and were used extensively in 19th century. Some history of the treatment of epidemics with Homeopathy by Julian Winston From its earliest days

Homeopathic Medicines

FACT 14: Homeopathic remedies are cheap.

FACT 15. Pharmaceutical medicines are expensive.

FACT 16: Homeopathy is the 2nd most popular and widely used medicine in the world.

FACT 17: There are more than 4,000 homeopathic medicines.

FACT 18: Homeopathic medicines have no toxic side-effects.

FACT 19: Homeopathic medicines are NON-ADDICTIVE.

FACT 20: In 200 years, there has never been a single homeopathic medicine recalled, unlike pharmaceutical medicines.

FACT 21: Every true homeopathic medicine is made using ONE SUBSTANCE – whether plant, mineral, metal, etc. The exact substance is known, unlike most modern drugs where we are rarely informed of the ingredients.

FACT 22: Any remedy lower than a 12c or a 24x potency still contains some original molecules of the substance according to Avogadro's number.

FACT 23: Every Patient is Unique so homeopathic medicines are individualised.

FACT 24: Homeopaths treat genetic illness, tracing its origins to 6 main genetic causes or ‘miasms’: Tuberculosis, Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, Psora (scabies), Cancer, Leprosy.

FACT 25: High fevers will drop within minutes after taking the homeopathic medicine Belladonna and Aconite.

FACT 26: There are thousands of homeopathic books, available at specialist outlets, not sold in the high street.

Homeopathic Hospitals

FACT 27: There are 5 homeopathic hospitals in theUK. In London, Tunbridge Wells, Bristol, Liverpool and Glasgow. They cost the NHS under £10 million a year compared to the £100 billion for the total annual NHS budget for 2008!

FACT 28: At one of the earliest debates on the NHS Act of 1948 the Government pledged that homoeopathy would continue to be available on the NHS, as long as there were "patients wishing to receive it and doctors willing to provide it".

FACT 29: There is a campaign by certain UK Professors to oust homeopathy completely from the NHS Full text: letter calling for homeopathy boycott - Times Online and in 2007 they organised a document on NHS stationery to be sent to all Primary Care Trusts telling managers not to refer patients to the homeopathic hospitals. http://dcscience.net/homeopathy_pape...missioners.pdf

FACT 30: The Homeopathic Hospitals are clean, with friendly, well informed staff. The patients are generally pleased with their treatment unlike those in many orthodox National Health Service hospitals.

FACT 31: The chance of contracting MRSA or C. Difficile at a Homeopathic Hospital is extremely rare.

FACT 32: Unlike orthodox medicine, where the cost of side-effects of pharmaceutical medicines negligence claims can run into millions, one UK leading insurance company reported only ‘a couple’ of claims against homeopaths in a ten year period! Hence insurance cover for homeopathy is cheap, reflecting low risk.

Orthodox Medicine Opposing Homeopathy

FACT 33: In the United States in the early 1900s there were 22 homeopathic medical schools and over 100 homeopathic hospitals, 60 orphanages and old people's homes and 1,000+ homeopathic pharmacies.

FACT 34: Members of the American Medical Association had great animosity towards homeopathy after its formation in 1847 and it was decided to purge all local medical societies of physicians who were homeopaths.

FACT 35: Big Pharma does not want the public to find out how well homeopathy works!

Scientific Studies

FACT 36: In 2005 World Health Organisation brought out a draft report which showed homeopathy was beneficial, causing Big Pharma to panic and the Lancet to bring out an editorial entitled ‘The End of Homeopathy’.

FACT 37: In 2005 the Lancet tried to destroy homeopathy with a meta-analysis of 110 studies. But they secretly only used 8 carefully selected inconclusive trials. This was a fraudulent analysis.

"The meta-analysis at the centre of the controversy is based on 110 placebo-controlled clinical trials of homeopathy and 110 clinical trials of allopathy (conventional medicine), which are said to be matched. These were reduced to 21 trials of homeopathy and 9 of conventional medicine of ‘higher quality’ and further reduced to 8 and 6 trials, respectively, which were ‘larger, higher quality’. The final analysis which concluded that ‘the clinical effects of homoeopathy are placebo effects’ was based on just the eight ‘larger, higher quality’ clinical trials of homeopathy. The Lancet's press release did not mention this, instead giving the impression that the conclusions were based on all 110 trials."
    Homeopathy and The Lancet

FACT 38: There have been many clinical trials that prove homeopathy works. In the past 24 years there have been more than 180 controlled, and 118 randomized, trials into homeopathy, which were analysed by four separate meta-analyses. In each case, the researchers concluded that the benefits of homeopathy went far beyond that which could be explained purely by the placebo effect.

FACT 39: The Bristol Homeopathic Hospital carried out a study published in November 2005 of 6500 patients receiving homeopathic treatment. There was an overall improvement in health of 70% of them. BBC NEWS | UK | England | Bristol/Somerset | New study is boost to homoeopathy

FACT 40: Homeopathy can never be properly tested through double blind randomised trials because each prescription is individualized, since every patient is unique. Therefore 10 people with arthritis, for example, may all need a different homeopathic medicine.

FACT 41: Homeopathic medicines are not tested on animals.

FACT 42: Homeopathic medicines work even better on animals and babies than on adults, proving this cannot be placebo effect.

FACT 43: Homeopathy is safe for women to take while pregnant and safe for old people.

FACT 44: Scientists agree that if and when homeopathy is accepted by the scientific community it will turn established science on its head.

Homeopathic Practitioners

FACT 45: Homeopathic Practitioners train for 4 years in Anatomy and Physiology, as well as Pathology and Disease, Materia Medica, Homeopathic Philosophy and study of the Homeopathic Repertory.

FACT 46: Most homeopaths treat patients who have been referred to them by
    word of mouth. Most patients seek out homeopathy because conventional treatment has not benefitted them or because it poses too great a risk of side-effects.
    FACT 47: The homeopathic community has thousands, even millions, of
    written case notes that demonstrate the positive benefits of their treatment. Some homeopaths have video proof of their patients before and after treatment.

FACT 48: Homeopaths charge patients an average of £50 an hour. Specialist
    Doctors can charge up to £200 or more.
    Popularity of Homeopathy

FACT 49: The popularity of homeopathy has grown in the past 30 years, its revival entirely through word of mouth and estimated to be growing at more than 20% a year the world over!

FACT 50: Hundreds of famous people throughout the past 200 years have enjoyed the benefits of homeopathic medicine. The Homeopathic Revolution by Dana Ullman Home Page

FACT 51: The aristocratic patronage of homeopathy in the UK extended well into the 1940’s and beyond as can be easily demonstrated. In the Homeopathic Medical Directories there are lists of patrons of the dispensaries and hospitals. They read like an extract from Burke’s or Debrett’s.

FACT 52: The Royal Families of Europe use homeopathic medicine and Queen Elizabeth II of England never travels anywhere without her homeopathic vials of medicine.

FACT 53: Homeopathy is practised nowadays in countries all over the world. In India there are 100 homeopathic medical schools and around 250,000 homeopathic doctors!

FACT 54: In a recent Global TGI survey where people were asked whether they trust homeopathy the following percentages of people living in urban areas said YES: 62% in India, 58% Brazil, 53% Saudi Arabia, Chile 49%, United Arab Emirates 49%, France 40%, South Africa 35%, Russia 28%, Germany 27%, Argentina 25%, Hungary 25%, USA 18%, UK 15%. http://www.tgisurveys.com/documents/...athy_Jan08.pdf

FACT 55: The media as a whole has been unwilling to air a defence of the efficacy of homeopathy and the validity of this 250 year old profession.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to rabana For This Useful Post:

Amethyst (09-30-2009)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast