Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

"First Wave" Indigo

Well, once I heard the term "indigo child" I had no trouble identifying myself with the many characteristics...except I am a "first wave indigo". I am 34 years old and have lived all but the last two years caged, trying to fit into society while marching to my own drum. I haven't lost that inner child, and in the last two years I have been breaking free of all the trappings that held her back. I am still learning how to be myself without condemnation, but I never let authority or society break my spirit. I am looking forward to discovering all the potential my inner warrior has. Bright blessings to you all!

This ad goes away when you register.
    "Create each day anew by clothing yourself in heaven and earth, bathing yourself in wisdom and love, and placing yourself in the heart of Mother Nature." - Morihei Ueshiba, The Art of Peace

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Welcome Nightshade Star to IS, nice quote, amd you certainly have plenty of Mother Nature in Alaska.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thank you grandpa for your warm welcome. I hope to get to know this community well, and maybe find the way through the crossroads I seem to be circling.
    "Create each day anew by clothing yourself in heaven and earth, bathing yourself in wisdom and love, and placing yourself in the heart of Mother Nature." - Morihei Ueshiba, The Art of Peace

Official Supporter
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,054
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album picturesTagger First Class
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,414 Times in 943 Posts
    33 here

I'd probably come under the first waver category. Good to see someone from Alaska here.

you are the first I have seen.

namaste

Patryc
    "There are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all." - Anonymous
    The Infinite Strength of Spirit empowers the Will to embrace the Beauty of Change - Patryc
    "If I distrust the human being, then I must cram her with information of my own choosing lest she go her own mistake way. But if I trust the capacity of the human individual for developing, then I can provide her with many opportunities and permit her to choose her own way and her own directions in learning." - Rogers & Freiberg, 1994, p. 160

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    What defines when you are of "first wave"? Is it when you were born?

Add me on my LiveJournal: Hidden Content

~ "you're just confused because you talk too much to angels" ~

Indigo Member
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi Nigthshade star
    34 here aswell, 1st wave or beta wave I dont know, are we waiting for the 7th? a tsunami? atleast a big 1!
    I also broke the trappings of society and fell out the bottom, it was inavoidable and now i am trying to move my way back in again but shacklefree and stronger, just to be around.
    Alaska sounds nice, how are you situated? "sorry for nosing "
    welcome

Old Soul
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,588 Times in 2,797 Posts
    Hello Nightshade and welcome!- 39 here. Define "caged by society" was this your family situation? Or was it society in general? I ask because I came from a fundamentalist Christian background where everything I did or said stuck out like a sore thumb!

What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?
    ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Hey, I am a first waver,..yeah.
    Welcome here

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    "caged by society"

Well, to begin I was clearly an Indigo as a young child, as well as a typical Aries warrior, but I have an extremely strong empathic trait and very little shielding. As time went on I perceived how my unusual behavior upset others, and having an over-developed sense of personal resposibility I began to alter my behaviors to be more pleasing to those around me (as sensed by my empathy). Through the years I maintained my creative talents and continued to remain "different" as much as I could with a battered self-esteem and no shielding. A couple of years ago I met an incredible warrior-spirit who helped me bring forth my true self and start the process of letting go of all the habits and behaviors that I imposed to "fit in". Just recently I have met an energy-worker who is teaching me to shield (for protection) and straighten out my chakras.

My animal spirit is a Bengal Tigress, and she was caged at an early age by a societal perception and lack of support; my empathy and no shielding. Now I am setting her free from her cage - a cage of societal expectations that I am breaking for my own children, one who is definitely Indigo and one who may be Crystal. I still do not know enough to fully support them, but they have a much bigger head-start than I did.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    53 here....would I be considered a first wave indigo? My spiritual totem is the Wolf and I believe I am guided by the hummingbird as well.

Official Supporter
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,054
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album picturesTagger First Class
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,414 Times in 943 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hon_y_b View Post
    53 here....would I be considered a first wave indigo? My spiritual totem is the Wolf and I believe I am guided by the hummingbird as well.
    definitely a first waver in my book - pioneer even
    "There are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all." - Anonymous
    The Infinite Strength of Spirit empowers the Will to embrace the Beauty of Change - Patryc
    "If I distrust the human being, then I must cram her with information of my own choosing lest she go her own mistake way. But if I trust the capacity of the human individual for developing, then I can provide her with many opportunities and permit her to choose her own way and her own directions in learning." - Rogers & Freiberg, 1994, p. 160

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

It Takes One To Know One

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade Star View Post
    Well, once I heard the term "indigo child" I had no trouble identifying myself with the many characteristics...except I am a "first wave indigo". I am 34 years old and have lived all but the last two years caged, trying to fit into society while marching to my own drum. I haven't lost that inner child, and in the last two years I have been breaking free of all the trappings that held her back. I am still learning how to be myself without condemnation, but I never let authority or society break my spirit. I am looking forward to discovering all the potential my inner warrior has. Bright blessings to you all!
    WELCOME Nightshade Star. I have about reached the conclusion that "Indigo" is a matter of recognition rather than definition. The definition of Indigo seems to have evolved from the visualization of the aura which is also attached to some character traits, etc.

First wave? Try Tesla. Try Einstien, Carl Sagan and others as OBVIOUS breakthrough examples but don't leave out the "average" guy who rides the bus with you and can read your thoughts as well as read your newspaper - through your eyes. I think "first wave indigo" should be regarded as a very general categorization rather than a specific label. My opinion. That and $5.00 will get ya coffee at Starbucks.

Anyway, welcome aboard! HAVING MADE IT TO THIS POINT MEANS YOU ARE INDEED, SPECIAL. My opinion. That and $5.00 will get ya coffee at Starbucks.

By the way, I am about to turn 65.