"Say No to Deep Integration with the United States!
Say No to a North American Union!
Join the Red and White Ribbon Campaign for Canadian Sovereignty
version française de cette page
Latest News on Deep Integration
For the latest news and views on deep integration or NAFTA plus, visit Vive le Canada.ca's homepage, www.vivelecanada.ca
Canadian, U.S., and Mexican elites, including CEOS and politicians, have a plan to create common North American policies and further integrate our economies into a North American Union.
This plan goes by various names:
This ad goes away when you register
* Deep Integration
* the "Big Idea" (C.D. Howe Institute)
* the "North American Security and Prosperity Initiative" (The Canadian Council of Chief Executives)
The end goal of the plan is to create a North American Union (NAU) by 2007, a new political and economic entity that would supercede the current countries of Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
Despite the fact that most Canadians want LESS integration with the United States under Bush, not more, this plan and the process of deep integration are unfortunately well underway. The Canadian government has already:
* Created a Canada-U.S.-Mexico task force headed by former Liberal Deputy Prime Minister John Manley which is devising a plan to establish a continent-wide customs union with a common approach to trade, energy, immigration, law enforcement and security that would virtually eliminate existing national borders. The task force released its recommendations for common North American security etc May 17/18 2005.
* Created a bi-national military planning group (2002), soon expected to release a report recommending how the two countries' militaries can "work together more effectively to counter land-based and maritime threats." (See also: Deadline looms on continental defence project)
* Signed the Canada-U.S. Smart Border Declaration which includes such points as shared customs data, a safe third-country agreement, harmonized commercial processing, etc. (see link for full list)
* Established the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America and agreed to harmonize Canadian regulations with U.S. regulations under the 40-Point Smart Regulation Action Plan
For a full timeline of the progress of deep integration and the creation of the North American Union (NAU), see our Timeline of the Progress Towards a North American Union.
We are running out of time to stop the process of integration. Help us keep Canada strong and free. Please join us in our ribbon campaign and say NO to deep integration! "