Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class250 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Enlightened Masters Alive Today

I believe there are many spiritually enlightened beings alive today

It is my understanding that the development of Indigo and other abilities is a side effect of (and goes in tandum with) the process of spiritual awakening and the evolution of consciousness in human form. The realisation known as Enlightenment is the pinicle of this, and there have been some famous and many more less famous people who have come to this realisation. From Jesus Christ to the Buddha, there have been many teachers, though the ancient teachings have long become distorted, mistranslated, erroded and often grossly misinterpreted and misused. But there is still a discernable core of truth at the heart of most traditions, if you know what to look for.

This ad goes away when you register.

I believe there are many people who could be described as 'Enlightened Masters', 'Buddhas' or 'Christs' alive today - human beings who have realised the absolute, the spiritual realisation that lies at the heart of all religious and spiritual practices.

Eckhart Tolle - now famous for his bestselling book The Power of Now and his webcasts with Oprah Winfrey, Tolle spontaneously realised enlightenment at 29 in the midst of a bout of suicidal depression, culminating in a total dissolution of the egoic self and the painbody.

Mooji, Gangaji & Eli Jackson Bear - Both Mooji and Gangaji come from the lineage of Sri Ramana Maharshi, and both became enlightened after meeting with Papaji in India, who's master was Ramana Maharshi. Eli is Gangaji's husband and a great spiritual teacher in his own right.

Osho (now desceased) - aka Bhagwan Sri Rajneesh - dispite the controversy surrounding Osho, he is widely recognised as one of the great spiritual masters of the 20th century, and his teachings are profound and insightful.

Having been to see Eckhart Tolle, Mooji and Gangaji at satsangs and talks, I can confirm in my own experience that all three are enlightened beings. I also believe that Osho was an enlightened master, as were Papaji and Ramana Maharshi. What I find most fascinating is that, whilst there is only one enlightenment, one spiritual realisation, each Buddha is clearly individual and has their own unique way of teaching, and a unique personality, and are still not 'perfect beings' so to speak. Eckhart Tolle said of himself that "I'm not perfect, but I am whole". As with most religions and spiritual practices, whilst there is only one goal, there are many roads that lead to it.

Other spiritual teachers I who appear to be enlightened (but I can't confirm) are:

Isira - an Australian woman who appears to be a Buddha.

Unmani

Tyohar - who founded and resides at the spiritual village of Pacha Mama in Costa Rica.

Vishrant - an Australian spiritual teacher who gives Satsangs in Perth, Western Australia

Dolano - a German born woman who found enlightenment through the grace of Gangaji and also learned meditation from Osho.

Most of these have videos on YouTube and google videos, and they're deffinately worth checking out to see for yourself. If anyone knows more about these teachers or knows any others not mentioned, please post it here.
    Last edited by Agent of the Revolution; 08-01-2009 at 03:31 AM.
    Be here, Be Now.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agent of the Revolution For This Useful Post:

jimwil22 (08-02-2009), Shania (10-11-2011), tadpole1 (08-01-2009)

Old Soul
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 252
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    never heard of them but.... it'ss good that there is someone famous....great teacher of today...i guess
    "i'm a free bitch baby.." Lady Gaga Hidden Content

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 205
    Achievements:
    VeteranVeteran250 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Osho was a major fraud, I'm guessing some of the others you listed are frauds too.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaflen For This Useful Post:

FWStar (04-15-2011)

i am a banana
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 645
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album picturesTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 601 Posts
    Rajneesh was absolutely brilliant, Osho was a marketing ploy. He didn't care about what people thought about him, so he let dumb followers create a whole movement around him. And now people who don't understand what he was sharing judge him based upon what his clueless followers did.

And I think Krishnamurti should be added to the list.
    Here's his talk at the UN:
    YouTube - KRISHNAMURTI at United Nations. part 1
    ॐ Breathe ॐ
    Hidden Content

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class250 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanks for that Calibas, I'd heard the name J. Krishnamurti before, but I'd never seen him speak, and yes, I'd agree with adding him to the list.

I'm going to go and watch some more videos of him on youtube.

And I think that's pretty much right about Bhagwan, I don't think he was a fraud, but I think some strange characters were drawn to him amoung others. ..
    Be here, Be Now.

Justin D.
    Mooji!

He was my teacher for three hours right when I needed him most, I will never forget it. In late 2007 (October/November) I had an experience just sitting watching TV where everything started to feel... off. All the characters on the show seemed so odd, and even I, or my concept of myself felt odd. Like we were all just playing roles or characters. Not the best description, or even one that captures really the entirety of what I was feeling, but oh well.

Two days later my religion teacher had just happened to invite Mooji in to speak to her classes, I sat through two classes listening to him and I was enthralled, it was like he was articulating everything that I was feeling and experiencing.

Thank you so much for this timely reminder, I really needed it

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin D. For This Useful Post:

Astara (08-01-2009)

Official Supporter
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 721
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran250 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    I think the Dalai Lama fits the criteria.
    The right choice is often the difficult one - the one that involves some sacrifice of pleasure.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Indi For This Useful Post:

tadpole1 (08-01-2009)

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I think there are plenty of masters that have or will help our generation. Some are known to us, some are not yet. You have got to believe that probably more than a few of those crystal children being born now are masters that will teach us all about love which unconditional love and giving are enlightened tools used by the masters.

In my own experiences, coming across Edgar Cayce when I was young brought about a wealth of information to learn from. I also study the Dalai Lama's teachings and Lao Tzu as well. I believe Ralph Waldo Emerson is a master, you look at the Unitarian Universalist sect and you can see it's really about love and positive action, open to anyone with any beliefs. I believe Jane Godall was a master because of her abilities to work with primates and she really help further the study of evolution and human development. We had to start somewhere. I believe people who can communicate, interact with animals on a soul level are masters.

Maybe even Albert Hofmann (inventor of LSD)/Timothy Leary/Ram Daas could be considered masters...
    "We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out." ~ Ray Bradbury
    "Looking back over a lifetime, you see that LOVE was the answer to EVERYTHING." ~Ray Bradbury

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Astara For This Useful Post:

tadpole1 (08-01-2009)

Global Forum Caretaker
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,894 Times in 3,793 Posts
    yogananda. i've read autobiography of a yogi twice, years apart, and both times came in astral contact with him. what a light hearted and fun being.

there is a female guru from india, still alive, whose name i don't know- her followers call her ma. this is the plump ma who sings and dances and has a lot of followers in no. calif. when i was reading her autobiography (she was treated like a retarded slave by her family when she was young, has worked many "miracles") i again came into contact with her also and she is wonderful.

so there are many out there. not to mention the ones leading private lives, not attracting publicity.
    !soil first! every garden is an experiment no experiment is a failure
    ------------------------------------** Hidden Content eat lots of salad! Hidden Content **-----------------------------------

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rabana For This Useful Post:

jimwil22 (08-02-2009), tadpole1 (08-01-2009)

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 522
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Blog entry250 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    You forgot UntoldGlory.
    "Where there is love, there is life, And where there is life, there is hope, (There is hope...), And in hope we find the sight to see
    The essence of divinity
    " - The Cruxshadows, "Defender."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to UntoldGlory For This Useful Post:

Calibas (08-02-2009)

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:
    VeteranVeteran250 Experience Points250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    MahaVajra : There is a new guy in town. His name is MahaVajra. search the web, and youtube, and you'll find tons of free stuff and videos. This is the real thing. He doesn't care about money, and he charges a fraction of what other masters bill to attend his seminars. He granted 2 girls for free in his seminar because they are poor, and he said one's evolution should not be limited by social standing or wealth. Whoever listens to his class go into bliss (almost everyone). He's the miracle level type of master, and no one ever end up in a group, sect or constraining system. He teaches free-will and free mind. Look him up for yourself.

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 175
    Achievements:
    1 year registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    I had the privilege of meeting and taking satsang with Bhagwan. I was able to spend some time with him listening to his discourses. I am still his sanyasin. He is enlightened and continues to instruct me. A master's words are powerful and the unenlightened can use the ideas and messages for their own power trip. This has happened with all enlightened people. Jesus is a perfect example. I was raised in the catholic religion and I have not met one person who understands what Jesus said.

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 289
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger Second Class250 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    The Dalai Lama definitely fits the category.
    In America, black people are thugs, Mexicans are drug lords, & Muslims are terrorists. White people are just "misunderstood." -via Twitter

P. P. Sharikov
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 314
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranTagger Second Class250 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Don't limit the list to just these members, there is actually a handful (I have a big hand) more people who are similar to these. And I bet another hundred that are not linked to anything mainstream or www, not all enlightened people go around write books, preach, and collect Rolls Royces
    O BRAVE NEW WORLD.

"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin." (Aldous Huxley 1932)

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 643
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class250 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    After Shakyamuni Buddha became enlightened he spoke saying "I have discovered a new enlightenment".

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I went to Osho's ashram in India last year, i didn't like it at all. Everyone wears the same colour robes, money is replaced by paper tokens, the ashram it's self was one big sprawling mass of concrete buildings with a few pot plants here and there. I found the whole place to be corporate and cultish, they were offering various courses and classes and stuff... when i enquired how much a tarot reading was, i was told 45, i got up and walked straight out of the door, i was only there 3 hours! but because i'd exchanged my money for nonredeemable tokens on the way in a had to spend them in the shop before i left... so i got 'the art of dreaming' which was actually a very good book about the human mind and achieving enlightenment.

I think a lot of what osho said was very good stuff. His ashram is a disgrace IMO, corporate money making scam.

I think Ekhart Tolle's work is also very good!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to thorleyart For This Useful Post:

FWStar (08-28-2011)

P. P. Sharikov
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 314
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranTagger Second Class250 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thorleyart View Post
    I went to Osho's ashram in India last year, i didn't like it at all. Everyone wears the same colour robes, money is replaced by paper tokens, the ashram it's self was one big sprawling mass of concrete buildings with a few pot plants here and there. I found the whole place to be corporate and cultish, they were offering various courses and classes and stuff... when i enquired how much a tarot reading was, i was told 45, i got up and walked straight out of the door, i was only there 3 hours! but because i'd exchanged my money for nonredeemable tokens on the way in a had to spend them in the shop before i left... so i got 'the art of dreaming' which was actually a very good book about the human mind and achieving enlightenment.

I think a lot of what osho said was very good stuff. His ashram is a disgrace IMO, corporate money making scam.

I think Ekhart Tolle's work is also very good!
    Thanks for Osho's ashram heads up. I was planning to go, but I probably won't if it's another corp scam.
    O BRAVE NEW WORLD.

"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin." (Aldous Huxley 1932)

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Destined for Greatness For This Useful Post:

FWStar (08-28-2011)

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album picturesTagger Second Class250 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Do not rely on any master for more then hints and tips at wisdom. All wisdom worth attaining is found within. If you seek wisdom, know what you are getting yourself into, for life must often... reshape you so that wisdom may reside within you. If anything has a following, if you feel a sense of... desperation in the in the congregation, be wary. More importantly, if you feel this desperation within yourself, be wary. This is what the predators prey upon.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Destined for Greatness View Post
    Thanks for Osho's ashram heads up. I was planning to go, but I probably won't if it's another corp scam.
    Yeah, some people there really liked it but i didnt. everything was about money ...you had to pay in daily aswell. The only thing that was free was the daily group meditation! Are you still going to India or did you just want to visit the ashram?

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Achievements:
    SocialSocial1 year registered1 year registeredTagger Second Class

Level
    Thanks
    when i first saw a picture of osho, my gut wrenched, revulsion. from what i've read, he was on drugs most the time. and from his writings, nothing really original... he simply turns things around to make them sound new. i friend of mine is into him... and he is not well mentally. i believe osho is way out of divine alignment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast