Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 289
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Post Is Religion Ruining Our Health?

Tara Stiles: Is Religion Ruining Our Health?

This ad goes away when you register.
    In America, black people are thugs, Mexicans are drug lords, & Muslims are terrorists. White people are just "misunderstood." -via Twitter

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Adalis For This Useful Post:

tadpole1 (08-16-2009)

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialYour first GroupYour first GroupRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I don't really like that article (no offense) because the author, while she has good points, uses absolute idiots as examples.

They did a study on Centennials and found that the only thing any of them had in common was their deep faith.

I think religion can and has had negative effects, but it can also have positive ones. I think it would relate back to what faith means to you. Do you believe because you believe or do you "believe" because you were forced to? If you believe for your own faith and internal reasons, then religion is a good thing for you. If you were forced to believe, well then I don't think it's the belief that's hurting you, I think it's the forcing; the absolute removal of one's opinions and dignity. You become a huge pile of worthless nothing, if that's the case.
    "There is pleasure in the pathless woods; There is rapture on the lonely shore; There is society where none intrudes, By the deep sea and music in it's roar; I love not man the less, but nature more." Lord Byron

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lynx For This Useful Post:

Visioneer (08-15-2009)

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    I agree with Lynx.
    Besides, the author's basically generalizing religions, which isn't good.
    Wicca has improved my views on things greatly and gives others a feeling of empowerment.
    Hidden Content
    To grasp and to hold onto that light you wont let go of. To bring it onto earth and let this be reborn. I see all, through my lights eye.

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Blog entry10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Eh. I guess it depends on what you mean by 'religion,' and the role that 'religion' plays in your life. I'll be honest; because of my upbringing and some of the incidents related to religion in my childhood, there are still aspects of orthodox Christianity that can cause me serious stress and that actually do take a toll on my health if I dwell on them too long. But taken on the whole, I think my faith does a great deal to calm my nerves and prevent me from imploding on myself. I don't see it as a 'religion,' though; it's quite anti-religious.
    "Where there is love, there is life, And where there is life, there is hope, (There is hope...), And in hope we find the sight to see
    The essence of divinity
    " - The Cruxshadows, "Defender."

Official Supporter
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 593
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranTagger First Class10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanks for that stimulating question, Adalis! Should get plenty of people sharing their opinions!

Noreen

Indigo Member
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    The way my religion manifests in my life isn't bad for my health. I don't see how it's possible to generalise "religion" into this one unhealthy mass without having serious mental difficulties.

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 289
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    You all bring up good points. I thought the article was rather stimulating. Perhaps she is an atheist.
    In America, black people are thugs, Mexicans are drug lords, & Muslims are terrorists. White people are just "misunderstood." -via Twitter

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 468
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Definitely..........Religion = Schizophrenia.....
    Humanity is going to need a substantially new way of thinking if it is to survive!" (Albert Einstein)

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 468
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    They did a study on Centennials and found that the only thing any of them had in common was their deep faith.
    I think religion can and has had negative effects, but it can also have positive ones. I think it would relate back to what faith means to you. Do you believe because you believe or do you "believe" because you were forced to? If you believe for your own faith and internal reasons, then religion is a good thing for you. If you were forced to believe, well then I don't think it's the belief that's hurting you, I think it's the forcing; the absolute removal of one's opinions and dignity. You become a huge pile of worthless nothing, if that's the case.
    You have touched many avenue in your posting here...You are rite in many ways and also wrong in just as many. This is hard to explain.... wish I was there.... cant rite as well as I could speak….
    Faith... <> To " tickle" my faith I have to feel ones energy, vibration, and more. I would not give mine just blindly… We are talking about our faith here guys!!! Which is one of the most important ingredients of your gift, if you do have a gift. If you f.k up, that can be quite damaging.. (Some sects are very damaging; I have witnessed and meet many cases thru my life)
    . . Religion could be a good thing, yes, all religions as a matter of fact, but if they would exercise what they preach. Well then, yes definitely.. We wouldn’t need IS or some other avenue to recharge our soul....
    Do most people in the world like the politics of they country?? No... Way?? They also don’t exercise what they preach...
    To make it simple..A father that preach no violence and killing in his home, and he is gone off to war.
    . The world rite now is in bad shape. I’m not talking about the economy here; I’m talking about . <People,are ,really ,Starving ,to,Death>.. Babies are dying by the thousands every day, and all because simply lack of water and no food...Some of this children to eat go shopping in the garbage tips…fcol (That stands in Aussie.” For crying out laud” “
    Now I’m going to tell you way I feel pissed of with religion

If all, and I mean all, the religion of the world, of any " The House of the true GOD", would start to tip in some cash, (WICH WAS DONATED IN THE FIRST PLACE BY THE WAY) all this could be eliminated very quickly..
    We are talking about some very rich and prestigious churches here. Catholic, (Vatican city). Anglican Church (Queen) and then we have Protestants,, Baptists, Jehovah Witness, Mormones(Another beauty. This ones wants 20% of your income)7th day adventist ( The owner of "SANITARIUM" range) and lets not forget that beauty of the“ BORN AGAIN” what ever they think they are. ( Honer of Sturbuck and Gloria Jeans coffee) Dont you worry!! They invest the money that the faithful gives in good investiment for them selfs.. , And that is only with the Christian sector...Immagine "ALL" the people that manipulate money, in any religion and or churches..Billions of dollars would be pouring out. That is if they would be willing, but they are not..
    The money that they would donate, if donated, would be hardly felt from their accounts.... What did Jesus said once?. God has given with out interest, and you should return with out interest, something like that, not sure exactly of the words, but if you need me to look on the bible Ill give you the full reference where to look. I m sure that some here knows..
    What pisses me off is that they all advertise them self’s that they are here, and they go there to help with food, and whatever and stuff…. Yeah! They do go all rite,! , With couple cameras just for the day, make some pictures of feeding some kid, the kid smiles and here it is, done …Good promotion. Cheap too
    Mind you, some people are really helping out. Lots of volunteers, and they don’t belong to a specific religion. UNICEF is there, governments gives them a bit of misery. Anyway they are struggling…badly…
    I could go on for pages after pages regarding the subject” churches.”.
    NOW
    Would you belong to a place that preachs GOD and they serve Evil? Not only you are serving them but also you are getting them reacher, stronger. So what are you doing??
    Feeding “The” Antichrist.?? Maybe… .

If you like the overwhelming feeling of a Church, I think that the best churches are the ones that people organize them self. I would if I was into bible study... You only need 10/15 guys that you could meet so many times a week and do exactly what the pastor do, but safer, even more familiar.. Surely God would appreciate that better…. You could even put little money each week in a kitty, and at the end of the year decide what to do with it…. certainly no charity, Or pay for some pastors holydays..
    So… what I’m saying is! Be careful…that’s all ….... By the way when I say you, means in general...to anyone.. hoo..by the way for the question of .." Doase it ruin peoples health? ... My answer would be! Yes! To all that practice and exercise the pentecostal sector.. They are cousing great number of mentally unbalanced people.. And they prey on them especially..
    Last edited by QuosVadis; 09-23-2009 at 01:02 AM.
    Humanity is going to need a substantially new way of thinking if it is to survive!" (Albert Einstein)

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    mainstream religions that is used by the elite to manipulate people's beliefs and thoughts are definitely bad for us.however if a religion helps someone to be truly spiritual (rather than going along with it for other reasons) it is good for the soul.