Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,495 Times in 991 Posts

Paranoid Personality Disorder

Diagnostic criteria (DSM-IV-TR = 301.0)

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders fourth edition, DSM IV-TR, a widely used manual for diagnosing mental disorders, defines paranoid personality disorder (in Axis II Cluster A) as:[2]
    A) A pervasive distrust and suspicion of others such that their motives are interpreted as malevolent, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:
    1. suspects, without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting, harming, or deceiving him or her
    2. is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends or associates
    3. is reluctant to confide in others because of unwarranted fear that the information will be used maliciously against him or her
    4. reads benign remarks or events as threatening or demeaning.
    5. persistently bears grudges, i.e., is unforgiving of insults, injuries, or slights
    6. perceives attacks on his or her character or reputation that are not apparent to others and is quick to react angrily or to counterattack
    7. has recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding fidelity of spouse or sexual partner.

B) Does not occur exclusively during the course of, schizophrenia, a mood disorder with psychotic features or another psychotic disorder and is not due to the direct physiological effects of a general medical condition. It is a requirement of DSM-IV that a diagnosis of any specific personality disorder also satisfies a set of general personality disorder criteria.

This ad goes away when you register.
    Last edited by Dabbs; 12-04-2009 at 04:34 AM. Reason: PMS

Forum Caretaker
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,058
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 1,880 Posts
    I would have to say the conspiracy theorists only feel paranoid about the theory not every aspect of every person they know. If you can fear the government but still love your wife you are probably just intelligent and cautious!
    " All the problems of the world can be solved with a garden." Geoff Lawton

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Indigo Dog For This Useful Post:

beautifulmind (12-04-2009), LunarSunshine (12-03-2009), magnusEFFECT (10-25-2010), Peregrina (12-06-2010), ThetaAbundance (12-03-2009)

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Wink

Paranoid Personality Disorder, interesting, one of many labels the Air Force gave me for before discharge. Which later Veteran psychs dismissed.

Not all diagnosed with this, are really mentally ill. I talked to Sociologist one time, and she told me, high IQ ed individuals often exhibit signs of mental disorders, which are not really, but quirks do to their high speed wiring.

This often can be the summation and understanding of a sensitive Empath, Sensitive or Clairvoyant person, from someone on the outside looking looking at you. Most others think in a two dimensional world, relying only on what they can see and hear, where as some of do not.

I remember one psych in VA, I told him, it was hard to write, to control my writing so it was clear and legible. To explain, I have diagnosed auto immune problems and neurological damage, which affects my muscles. Well, a few years later I saw his report, patient thinks he is being controlled, that some one or thing is making him write things.

Now who is the one who is sick, who is the one that has exceeded his intelligence?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Quiet Knight For This Useful Post:

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Blog entry10000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I was just reading about this on the web the other day. My mother thinks everyone is out to get her and everyone is after her money and she doesn't trust anyone. If I have friends she finds faults with them and says I have bad judgment so if they are friends then mother knows there is something wrong with them. By the way, I'm not complaining, I've been given a great challenge in dealing with a mentally ill mother. This isn't someone who would acknowledge they have issues because for her everybody else has issue not her. I have other family members who can't deal with mother so they've left all to me. Anyway, I was just researching this the other day and found interesting that it was posted on IS; I'm going to take that as a sign that I'm headed in the right direction with my thinking and research. Thank You

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Wink

Some people are actually mentally ill, and your mother might fit. Some times due to hereditary causes, but most often from poor diet, parasites, damage from chemicals, toxins and the likes of Candida albacans. Some are only in need of good nutrition, and lack a mineral like Zinc or something.

Also a lack of B-12 can cause a form of mental psychosis, been there on the edge until I started taking B-12 shots, and eventually found I do absorb B-12, and have lots in my blood, but it is mostly inactivated or something. Found I can do without the shots, if I take 2,000 units orally each day.

Decades ago, many doctors gave seniors B-12 shots to help with many things, well as mental psychosis.

Even toxic chemical and metals like Mercury from Vaccionations can cause mental disorder and seemingly forms of retardation..

Quote Originally Posted by bella View Post
    I was just reading about this on the web the other day. My mother thinks everyone is out to get her and everyone is after her money and she doesn't trust anyone. If I have friends she finds faults with them and says I have bad judgment so if they are friends then mother knows there is something wrong with them. By the way, I'm not complaining, I've been given a great challenge in dealing with a mentally ill mother. This isn't someone who would acknowledge they have issues because for her everybody else has issue not her. I have other family members who can't deal with mother so they've left all to me. Anyway, I was just researching this the other day and found interesting that it was posted on IS; I'm going to take that as a sign that I'm headed in the right direction with my thinking and research. Thank You

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Achievements:
    VeteranVeteran1000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Can i say that Paranoid Personality Disorder is similar to Avoidant Personality Disorder?

Indigo Rookie
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Knight View Post
    Paranoid Personality Disorder, interesting, one of many labels the Air Force gave me for before discharge. Which later Veteran psychs dismissed.

Not all diagnosed with this, are really mentally ill. I talked to Sociologist one time, and she told me, high IQ ed individuals often exhibit signs of mental disorders, which are not really, but quirks do to their high speed wiring.

This often can be the summation and understanding of a sensitive Empath, Sensitive or Clairvoyant person, from someone on the outside looking looking at you. Most others think in a two dimensional world, relying only on what they can see and hear, where as some of do not.

I remember one psych in VA, I told him, it was hard to write, to control my writing so it was clear and legible. To explain, I have diagnosed auto immune problems and neurological damage, which affects my muscles. Well, a few years later I saw his report, patient thinks he is being controlled, that some one or thing is making him write things.

Now who is the one who is sick, who is the one that has exceeded his intelligence?
    Thank you for the post. I really needed to hear that.
    "Bow ties are cool." ~ Doctor Who.

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by indigodove View Post
    Thank you for the post. I really needed to hear that.
    Our brains are often messed up by how we are treated, but far more by poisonous chemicals and medications and vaccinations and not eating properly. A person on a process junk food diet will exhibit deviant psychotic behavior in time, if they do not die first from it. But if you are a Sensitive, Empath and Indigo, it will most likely for sure screw you up permanently. Then you are left to manage what you have, and going natural is the best way, from my experiences.