Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialRecommendation Second ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 986 Posts

Question emotional / physical breakdown

from time to time i get stressed, as i'm sure everyone does. and it is always accompanied by a physical breakdown of some sort. at the moment my shoulder is acting up again, last week it was the arthritis in my knees. i have read various books and spoken to healers about how emotions directly affect physical health. so bottom line : i'm a believer ....... i'm interested to hear some of your stories of what physical injuries or allergies act up during times of emotional stress. .... thanks in advance

This ad goes away when you register.
    ~~it is no measure of health, to be adjusted to a sick society~~
    ...~~may the bridges I burn light the way~~...

Old Soul
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 623
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,495 Times in 991 Posts
    LOL! I had a heart attack! No biggie!

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    $hit Dabbs that's no good.... glad you're still with us!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Neptune For This Useful Post:

Dabbs (01-05-2010)

Global Forum Caretaker
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 812
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Level
    Thanks
    Stress physically degrades your body, it's one of the hardest things on you there is health wise, we just don't think of it that way because it feels like an emotional state.

I've noticed that with a lot of people who have chronic stress, they eventually develop either cancer, a degenerative illness or an autoimmune type disorder. Almost as if the body responds to the repeated attacks by eventually attacking itself.

The spiritual component might be that if we repeat damaging patterns our physical world will eventually start to fall apart as a way of attempting to get us to wake up to the lesson.

I don't know anything about your particular situation but some types of arthritis are an auto-immune reaction.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian For This Useful Post:

Lady Neptune (01-06-2010), leila (01-06-2010), Zaher (01-10-2010)

Old Soul
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Neptune View Post
    $hit Dabbs that's no good.... glad you're still with us!
    I am too! LOL

The point is... figure out what is causing the stress and fix it before you are 41 and flat lined in the ER... A warning, too... I'm not obese, wasn't then either... I was hyper and could go for days without sleeping a good 8 hours a night.

I lived on Mt. Dew and chocolate.... sugar and caffeine with an occasional vegetable thrown in... I didn't really eat a lot of fast food...

My job was the most stressful job in the county... I bounced around everyday doing everything for everybody...

It took my dying and being put in a helicopter to save my hyper butt! I had to look at why I was doing it all...

Find the source, before it kills you!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dabbs For This Useful Post:

Belial (01-06-2010), Lady Neptune (01-06-2010)

Spiritual journey....
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Blog entry5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    its fukd up init lol, but everything in ur bdy is connected somehow like people wit depression normally get chest infections alot easier, hedaches nd stomach aches.
    :S

When im stressed my hair falls out, my excema flares up, i get spots, i stop eating nd sleepin or i over eat n sleep.

One way or another any stress - mental or emotional problems someone is going thru is always accompanied by a phsical upset or illness of some sort.

As the hormones in ure ody change cos of ure mood changing, therefore everything changes.

like wen drugs coverthe nerve receptors in your brain so u take more every time to feel good, wen ur down the leves of dopamine n serotonin in ure brain change so mood n physical wellbeing, fuks up.

I dunno if tht mad sense i tried to describe best i cud wat was in my hed lolz.

lv chel
    xxxx
    Hidden Content I will fight for what is right. <3 <3
    We do not forgive, we do not forget, Expect us.!.
    This world is for ALL of us we wouldn't be here if we weren't sent.
    Chel.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to [7.7.7.x.CORE] For This Useful Post:

Lady Neptune (01-06-2010)

Old Soul
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 538
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,239 Posts
    Did you really?

Quote Originally Posted by Dabbs View Post
    LOL! I had a heart attack! No biggie!

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

Stress is a negative emotion and it comes in a lot of different forms. Not just work stress or home life stress. Grief, sorrow, feelings of unworthiness. Relationship stress. We have several bodies, emotional body, mental body, spiritual body and then the physical body and the all effect each other. You can do something to one and it will eventually affect all of them, with the physical body being the most noticeably effected. When the emotional body breaks down and can no longer deal with stress, it leaks into the physical body, will settle in any weak spots and begin to express itself as pain or a physical ailment. Find the source of the emotional damage and patch it up and eventually the physical body will begin to heal itself.

So when I was married (bad relationship...baaaad) I developed MS. And panic attacks, four or five panic attacks a day the ones where you feel like you are having a stroke.

This came on really suddenly and MS usually doesn't. I'd get out of bed in the morning and the pain in my legs was just unbearable you know, like I'd spent all night hiking Mt. Everest. I didn't accept any medical treatment but I was sorta accepting the fact I'd be in a wheel chair within ten years.

My ex husband was already getting his knickers in a twist because I couldn't work the way I used to and bitched about the time when it was likely I wouldn' be able to work at all. Thank you for your loving concern, dear.

At any rate, I was up on the roof one day and got stuck there cause my legs rebelled on me. I'm sitting up there and I'm thinking to myself, Oh my god, he's got a point. what happens when you can't do this anymore. You'll be at his mercy , stuck in a wheelchair, a big burden he'll rub in your face everyday. You will just die, and for no reason.

Then this thought came to me, like someone just standing there with me. It said, You are carrying you entire relationship, the work, the house, everything is your responsibility and thusly everything is your fault and that is just what he wants. No responsibility and you get all the blame because you have to make all the decisions. You are just tired and can no longer support the burden of this one sided relationship. That's why your legs hurt. The panic attacks are just a way of your physical body alarming you that it's dying and could you please do something about it. people can only carry so much.

So in spite of the fact I was verging on disability I left him, divorced him. The minute, and I'm serious the very minute, I walked out the door I never had another symptom, never had another panic attack, never seen another doctor. Literally. And that is what relationships and emotions will do to you. When I see people with MS or any sort of neurological issue the first thing I do is examine their relationships.

A couple years later I was in another relationship , not a good one, but different issues which made it seem better but it wasn't. My right leg went numb and stayed that way for two weeks. But now I know. When your limbs go numb, and your fingers start twitching its time to examine the people and circumstances in your life because your body is telling you something.

I imagine all chronic pain is that way if we can learn to listen to what our body is telling us. Mine was expressed as MS, I'd imagine other people's are expressed differently depending on what the issues are.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Celticknot For This Useful Post:

beautifulmind (01-06-2010), Lady Neptune (01-06-2010), ThetaAbundance (01-10-2010)

Global Forum Caretaker
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 868
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,922 Times in 3,813 Posts
    when i finally got with my hubby after 48 years essentially on my own in this big scary world, i remember one day looking around me and within me thinking wow! at the amount of sheer physical pain that had poof! lifted and left. not all of it but a whole level of it.

anyone who follows my posts knows that i consider the physical real and valid and something to be dealt with thru natural healing but dealing with mental/emotional/spiritual issues and stress is a required, unavoidable component of the program. in fact detox will bring this stuff up for you, in case you were trying to avoid it on your own.
    !soil first! every garden is an experiment no experiment is a failure
    ------------------------------------** Hidden Content eat lots of salad! Hidden Content **-----------------------------------

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rabana For This Useful Post:

Lady Neptune (01-06-2010), Zaher (01-10-2010)

Old Soul
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Yes, Celtic... I really did. Scary, isn't it? LOL

As I've said... if someone is stressed, figure out what is making you that way then fix it as fast as you can! LOL By fixing it, it may mean that you say to yourself..."It's just not worth it" and walk away! LOL

Banned
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 942
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    @Celtic... your story reminds me so much of a close friend who has MS. Her story is similar in that she is in a relationship where she carries most of the load but there are underlying issues too like she was abused by her father and her husband has abuse in his family that he is too afraid to deal with. So then he manifests panick attacks and extreme selfishness leaving her to deal with everything.

She is doing physical healing through diet. There is much evidence of a gluten free diet helping MS symptoms but it is so difficult for her to face the emotional stuff.

You make such a great point about the different "bodies" and how they affect one another.

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    With stress the emotion must be quickly identified before the brain really hooks up and attributes a subject to it. Lose the emotion to nip it in the bud. This will soften and lose all types of stress. We are part of a cycle and we create our own cycles by our own freewill even if it doesn't always seem controllable.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to james For This Useful Post:

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Neptune View Post
    ....... i'm interested to hear some of your stories of what physical injuries or allergies act up during times of emotional stress. .... thanks in advance
    During the most depressing time of my life, during which time my "heart"(metaphorically) would hurt constantly, a couple times my actual heart hurt as well. I hope it was only related to the emotional problems, and I think it was because I haven't experienced it since then.
    I also used to have emotional breakdowns regularly during that time, and during some of the worst ones my entire body would shake...a lot.
    Headaches sometimes came with the breakdowns also, which is no surprise.
    I also tended to get tired and want to just fall asleep on the floor after a breakdown.
    He said "Who truly belongs here?"
    "Not I," she said, "I'll lie here with you"

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Belial For This Useful Post:

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    yeah it's so true, last time my shoulders flat lined, i went to the doctor and the ER and ended up getting a steroid injection which did nothing. it wasn't until i saw a kinesiologist who told me shoulders are about burden and weight that can't be carried. it was true. and as soon as i addressed the issues my shoulders were healed. it was all in my head. this time it seems to be time dependent so i just have to wait for things to happen and remind myself not to hold myself so rigid in anticipation.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

i'm also suprised by the amount of people who don't make the mind body connection, they say they are 'sick' but don't realise they are taking on alot of emotional burdens at thhe same time.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Neptune For This Useful Post:

Belial (01-07-2010)

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    shoulders are better, seemed to happen as soon as i knew i had fixed my finances.... perhaps for me money has a connection to my shoulders, what i can carry??

Global Forum Caretaker
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 868
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,922 Times in 3,813 Posts
    we carry our burdens in our shoulders and our gut.

you can train yourself, put a little reminder alarm in your brain, when something worrisome takes you by surprise to relax shoulders and gut, deep breathe. and to do that regularly during stressful times. all the time in fact.
    !soil first! every garden is an experiment no experiment is a failure
    ------------------------------------** Hidden Content eat lots of salad! Hidden Content **-----------------------------------

25. The Following User Says Thank You to rabana For This Useful Post:

Belial (01-11-2010)