Concise greeting

Don't be afraid to introduce yourself, we're all friendly here.
Hi I am samson :D
samson

hi welcome Samson i,m sean nice to meet ya
sean keyes

by samson
samson

by Tina
Hello :)
Tina

Hey, Samson! Welcome :D
lunare11

by tmt
Hi samson :D

Where are you from? What do you do in your spare time?
tmt

by samson
Thanks for your warm welcomes.

I am from Sweden but living in China since about three years back. Not sure how long I will stay here, I feel quite home in Asia :-)

At the moment I spend my free time at cafés reading books. Currently reading Ultimate Journey by Robert Monroe (anyone read it?) It must be the most in depth book about out-of-the-body experiences available at this day.

Where are you guys from, how do you spend your free time?
samson

by tmt
[QUOTE=samson;613579]Thanks for your warm welcomes.

I am from Sweden but living in China since about three years back. Not sure how long I will stay here, I feel quite home in Asia :-)

At the moment I spend my free time at cafés reading books. Currently reading Ultimate Journey by Robert Monroe (anyone read it?) It must be the most in depth book about out-of-the-body experiences available at this day.

Where are you guys from, how do you spend your free time?[/QUOTE]

I'm from all over the place, I grew up a military brat & moved around quite a bit. Then my dad got based in Alaska and fell in love with it. He decided that where he would retire so I spent most of my yrs there from age 10 to 21. Then I moved to California and lived here on the Central Coast for a few years before moving to Sacramento. I don't think I'll be moving for a while, my youngest daughter is very much against moving anywhere.

I spend my free time reading as well, but usually at home. Aside from that I road rage pretty reguarly, with a lot of enthusiasm. Its a habit I've grown into from the constant dumbfounded state I am in while driving with so many incredibly oblivious drivers on the road. I am an auto claim adjuster, so it really ticks me off when I see people take so many chances on the road.

What brings someone from Sweden to China? Are you some sort of international liason person or perhaps a billioinaire that just likes to live in diverse areas of the world?
tmt

by samson
[QUOTE=tmt;613604]I'm from all over the place, I grew up a military brat & moved around quite a bit. Then my dad got based in Alaska and fell in love with it. He decided that where he would retire so I spent most of my yrs there from age 10 to 21. Then I moved to California and lived here on the Central Coast for a few years before moving to Sacramento. I don't think I'll be moving for a while, my youngest daughter is very much against moving anywhere.

I spend my free time reading as well, but usually at home. Aside from that I road rage pretty reguarly, with a lot of enthusiasm. Its a habit I've grown into from the constant dumbfounded state I am in while driving with so many incredibly oblivious drivers on the road. I am an auto claim adjuster, so it really ticks me off when I see people take so many chances on the road.

What brings someone from Sweden to China? Are you some sort of international liason person or perhaps a billioinaire that just likes to live in diverse areas of the world?[/QUOTE]

Cool. I remember reading somewhere that there are two kinds of people; hunters and farmers. Hunters grow by traveling and moving and farmers by staying in one place. Apparently has some sort of connection with ADD/ADHD, hunters get restless in one place, unable to cultivate. I suppose I am like that.

Road raging sound like a quite an interesting hobby. I suppose the roads in Cali are can get pretty jammed :) I suppose we are in forever debt to all the forces that helps us from getting killed everyday.

I came to China for the purpose of learning Kung fu and Tai Chi, and did so for a year and a half before i starting working here as graphic designer. Sometimes wish I'd be the billionaire being able to move around freely, but not quite there .

International liaison, yes maybe in the future :)
samson

by tmt
[QUOTE=samson;613817]Cool. I remember reading somewhere that there are two kinds of people; hunters and farmers. Hunters grow by traveling and moving and farmers by staying in one place. Apparently has some sort of connection with ADD/ADHD, hunters get restless in one place, unable to cultivate. I suppose I am like that.

Road raging sound like a quite an interesting hobby. I suppose the roads in Cali are can get pretty jammed :) I suppose we are in forever debt to all the forces that helps us from getting killed everyday.

I came to China for the purpose of learning Kung fu and Tai Chi, and did so for a year and a half before i starting working here as graphic designer. Sometimes wish I'd be the billionaire being able to move around freely, but not quite there .

International liaison, yes maybe in the future :)[/QUOTE]

So how are you Martial Arts coming along? Isn't Tai Chi a slower motion Tae Quon Do?

You have any pets? I just saw a little gray catlike critter just fade in and walk across my floor and fade back out :)

I am not much of a hunter, I could not point a gun at animal for the sport of hunting. But I used to go shooting with my dad when I was a kid.

I am not much of a farmer either, I have trouble keeping a house plant alive. :) Though I suppose if I had to pick one or the other, I would likely go with farmer over hunter.

Travel would be fun, if it was at my descretion. I would not enjoy a profession that includes frequent traveling. I have no love for flying but I don't road rage there ;)
tmt

Nope neither of them are alike at all.

Tae Kwon Do is a Korean Kicking art.

Taiji is a hybrid of daoist kung fu with Chen/Yang family lineage, who express the concepts in different ways.

Taiji is quite advanced both esoterically, and martial arts wise. It taught me so much it became my obsession for a period of time LOL

TaijiChuan means "Grand Ultimate fist" which speaks of the cosmos, the ying yang, and the relation of our body to it- to be in harmony with flow and movement. Also to channel internal energy into focused outward movements.

So it's a great thing your interested in it Samson!

Good having you here see you around.
AmentiHall

by Lynx
Hey :) Welcome.
Lynx

by samson
Tai chi is a mix of soft and hard, internal and external, fast and slow :) It related to chi gong, to build up and cultivate your inner energy.

Haha cool I wonder where the critter came from? No animals here. China only recently begun cultivating animals for pet use, but you aren't allowed to have a pet taller than 30 centimeters if you live in the city, so my dream of having a Siberian Husky vanished.

Are you a vegetarian ? :)
samson

by tmt
No, I'm not a vegetarian, not by a long shot :) I love salads though, raw veggies and soups.

Seberian Huskys are such good dogs! Very friendly and good with kids.

I don't know, just passing through on his way to where ever he wants to go. He was moving at a decent speed. Not running but definitely had somewhere to be.

What time is it in China? Do you speak Chinese?

[QUOTE=samson;613854]Tai chi is a mix of soft and hard, internal and external, fast and slow :) It related to chi gong, to build up and cultivate your inner energy.

Haha cool I wonder where the critter came from? No animals here. China only recently begun cultivating animals for pet use, but you aren't allowed to have a pet taller than 30 centimeters if you live in the city, so my dream of having a Siberian Husky vanished.

Are you a vegetarian ? :)[/QUOTE]
tmt

by samson
[QUOTE=AmentiHall;613841]Nope neither of them are alike at all.

Tae Kwon Do is a Korean Kicking art.

Taiji is a hybrid of daoist kung fu with Chen/Yang family lineage, who express the concepts in different ways.

Taiji is quite advanced both esoterically, and martial arts wise. It taught me so much it became my obsession for a period of time LOL

TaijiChuan means "Grand Ultimate fist" which speaks of the cosmos, the ying yang, and the relation of our body to it- to be in harmony with flow and movement. Also to channel internal energy into focused outward movements.

So it's a great thing your interested in it Samson!

Good having you here see you around.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, seems that you have some insight :) What form do you practice?
samson

by samson
[QUOTE=tmt;613860]No, I'm not a vegetarian, not by a long shot :) I love salads though, raw veggies and soups.

Seberian Huskys are such good dogs! Very friendly and good with kids.

I don't know, just passing through on his way to where ever he wants to go. He was moving at a decent speed. Not running but definitely had somewhere to be.

What time is it in China? Do you speak Chinese?[/QUOTE]

Oh cool, I eat a good amount of vegetarian food but I not very well at making vegetarian dishes except SALAD :D

It must be morning in LA, no? Almost dinner time here, 3.45 pm. Yeah, I get by in Chinese.

How are you spending this Sunday?
samson

I practiced Taiji for a bit, Chen Style. And BaguaZhang, as well as some XingyiQuan.

Pretty solid and very interesting stuff! I loved integrating all of it!
AmentiHall

by tmt
[QUOTE=samson;613872]Oh cool, I eat a good amount of vegetarian food but I not very well at making vegetarian dishes except SALAD :D

It must be morning in LA, no? Almost dinner time here, 3.45 pm. Yeah, I get by in Chinese.

How are you spending this Sunday?[/QUOTE]

Its almost 1am here. But I'm not in LA, I'm in Sacramento which is Northern California. I live about 2 hours or so from Lake Tahoe and the Nevada border.

I don't have any family living nearby so I doubt we'll do much. I don't attend Mass and I would feel like a hypocrite to just show up or Easter. I will most likely spend my day at home. I am pretty sure my daughter will too. Maybe go to the park and hang out :)

Do you have any special plans? Is it Saturday or Sunday in China?
tmt

by samson
[QUOTE=AmentiHall;613877]I practiced Taiji for a bit, Chen Style. And BaguaZhang, as well as some XingyiQuan.

Pretty solid and very interesting stuff! I loved integrating all of it![/QUOTE]

Interesting! I do Chen style too, Bagua and Xingyi I never got to experience. I did however study the praying mantis and Shaolin too :)
samson

by samson
[QUOTE=tmt;613883]Its almost 1am here. But I'm not in LA, I'm in Sacramento which is Northern California. I live about 2 hours or so from Lake Tahoe and the Nevada border.

I don't have any family living nearby so I doubt we'll do much. I don't attend Mass and I would feel like a hypocrite to just show up or Easter. I will most likely spend my day at home. I am pretty sure my daughter will too. Maybe go to the park and hang out :)

Do you have any special plans? Is it Saturday or Sunday in China?[/QUOTE]

OUPS, not sure why I wrote LA, was thinking of cars and traffic jams I suppose!

Cool, I wish you guys a nice Sunday when it reaches you.

Myself I am already at Starbucks with my laptop and books!
samson