Indigo Rookie
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranVeteranCreated Blog entryCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Question Why are Hindu gods/goddesses sometimes blue skinned?

Ok so I am terribly confused with this blue skin thing.. I `ve found answers that have nothing to do with one another..
    Here are some of the answers I`ve found so far:
    1. Their skin is blue because of the sky and the ocean and everything is blue... O.o
    2. Their skin is blue so they could be the closer to the gray of elephant skin ........... O.o!
    3. Because Shiva swallowed poison from the sea to save the ocean creatures.
    4.Just cause!

I seriously have no idea if they are correct or not. I think number 3 is good but why other gods still have the blue skin? :O ???????????

Is any of this correct? What do you know about their blue skin color? thank you

This ad goes away when you register.
    " "Close your eyes and keep your mind wide open".

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 561
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialYour first GroupYour first GroupVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    I found this on another site. In summary it says that their traditions say that their skin was literally blue.

The color was indeed true and not poetic imagination. Narayana is apaara, anantha, agadha. Shri Rama and Shri Krishna are none other than maha-Vishnu. Just like the ocean and the sky is blue colored has no end and is apaara and anantha, agaadha Sri Krishna and Sri Rama had this color to convey their inherent natural properties to us. Ananthatva, aparathva, agadhatva… Normal humans are black, white, brown but paramatma is not like us. He is indeed different. Extra Information : Excerpts from http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Krishna :"Krishna's body is the colour of a enchantingly beautiful dark raincloud. The philosophical backdrop for Krishna's dark blue skin is that Vishnu, who is ultimately incarnated as Krishna, is also known as Narayana. Narayana means "born of water." This is because water, seen as the base principle for life as we know it on earth, the nourisher of plants and animals alike, the very substance of cyclic existence, is essential to preservation. Vishnu, who in avatar form comes down to earth to help preserve dharma, is epitomised by the principle of water, being himself the God of Preservation. As water is commonly seen as being blue, and Vishnu is said to sleep in Yoga Nidra, floating on cosmic waters on Shesha (a snake-god), it is only natural that Vishnu's representations are all blue. By syllogism, it transferred to his great avatar, Krishna"

My opinion is that if such people ever existed, they probably really had blue skin, maybe not exactly the shade in the depictions, but blue.

Not to be confused with the blue people of Appalachia who were blue because of a recessive gene and inbreeding.
    Last edited by indigl; 06-19-2010 at 01:39 AM.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indigl For This Useful Post:

cerise333 (06-19-2010), Indigo Dog (06-19-2010), Sidse (06-22-2010)

Old Soul
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 645
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,464 Posts
    It's possible that each one has a different reason behind their blue skin. Your first theory applies to Vishnu, third one seems specific to Shiva, etc.
    Freemason wannabe and resident skeptic.
    If you don't feel disempowered, I'm not doing my job.
    Check out the Hidden Content right here on IS.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sephish For This Useful Post:

Sidse (06-22-2010)

Indigo Member
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 274
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Or you could consider the less esoteric explanation:

Blue-skinned gods/goddesses were what we understand to be alien beings from other planets.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to penpencilpaper For This Useful Post:

Sidse (06-22-2010)

Old Soul
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,589 Times in 2,797 Posts
    On a more esoteric note: The color blue is experienced in the upper portion of the head at certain advanced stages of deep meditation. The Hindu religion is very big on meditation, and certain practitioners - called yogi - report experiencing god in that same place in the head - and overlaid with that same blue color. So, basically, whatever form God takes for them - that is what they would see in that stage of meditation, only overlaid with the sixth chakra indigo/blue color.

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”
    ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sshenry For This Useful Post:

Light. (12-25-2011), Michael Unbreakable (01-03-2012), Sdboutlaw (01-03-2012), Sidse (06-22-2010)

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    It's more likely that their blue skin was a genetic thing than that they were aliens. Maybe their skin was what made them reverenced.

Indigo Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sshenry View Post
    On a more esoteric note: The color blue is experienced in the upper portion of the head at certain advanced stages of deep meditation. The Hindu religion is very big on meditation, and certain practitioners - called yogi - report experiencing god in that same place in the head - and overlaid with that same blue color. So, basically, whatever form God takes for them - that is what they would see in that stage of meditation, only overlaid with the sixth chakra indigo/blue color.
    Sometimes higher level beings appear as blue see-through spirits - like the Jedi in Star Wars. This is what your passage refers to, and this is something that Catholics report seeing as well: they have a story about a man that meets a blue-glowing woman in a desert.

Though the pictures of blue-skinned gods were not drawn with blue rays around them, they were drawn with blue skin - these are two different distinctions in ancient art, as whenever someone glowed the artists were sure to make the distinction between an aura and skin color.

Channlers report contacting and meeting blue-skinned people from Andromeda.

http://www.exopaedia.org/display.php?by=recid&val=65

Old Soul
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by penpencilpaper View Post
    Sometimes higher level beings appear as blue see-through spirits - like the Jedi in Star Wars. This is what your passage refers to, and this is something that Catholics report seeing as well: they have a story about a man that meets a blue-glowing woman in a desert.

Though the pictures of blue-skinned gods were not drawn with blue rays around them, they were drawn with blue skin - these are two different distinctions in ancient art, as whenever someone glowed the artists were sure to make the distinction between an aura and skin color.

PPP - do you meditate? Have you experienced deep meditation? I have been practicing meditation for 14 years, and there IS a point where the color blue overlays what you "see". THAT (experience) is what the first part of my "passage" refers to. The second part - about the hindu beliefs (yogi etc) refers to cooberating experiences that have been referenced.

Believing that the gods were actual physical beings (albeit alien) is a very logical assumption, and explains a lot if one wants one's explanations to fit reasonable expectations. But in my experience there is more than our four-dimensional reality. The yogi's understood this, It is my opinion that this is why they symbolically represntated their gods with blue skin and multiple limbs.
    Last edited by sshenry; 06-19-2010 at 10:17 AM.

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sshenry For This Useful Post:

Squawk (06-19-2010)

Old Soul
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 774
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Level
    Thanks

yupp agreeing on that one like with catholicism they put the halo around the head and golden aura around as well

Indigo Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sshenry View Post
    PPP - do you meditate? Have you experienced deep meditation? I have been practicing meditation for 14 years, and there IS a point where the color blue overlays what you "see". THAT (experience) is what the first part of my "passage" refers to. The second part - about the hindu beliefs (yogi etc) refers to cooberating experiences that have been referenced.

Believing that the gods were actual physical beings (albeit alien) is a very logical assumption, and explains a lot if one wants one's explanations to fit reasonable expectations. But in my experience there is more than our four-dimensional reality. The yogi's understood this, It is my opinion that this is why they symbolically represntated their gods with blue skin and multiple limbs.
    When I meditate or fast, everything glows white and I see flower-like patterns across the sky. I think this is because concentrate on the crown chakra, which is white, instead of the brow chakra, which is blue.

But I suppose either theory can explain the art work.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to penpencilpaper For This Useful Post:

Sidse (06-22-2010)

Old Soul
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    When I meditate or fast, everything glows white and I see flower-like patterns across the sky. I think this is because concentrate on the crown chakra, which is white, instead of the brow chakra, which is blue.

But I suppose either theory can explain the art work.
    Heh - if we had the original artists right here in front of us, they'd probably come up with something altogether different.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sshenry For This Useful Post:

Sidse (06-22-2010)

Indigo Rookie
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Achievements:
    VeteranVeteranCreated Blog entryCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Or you could consider the less esoteric explanation:

Blue-skinned gods/goddesses were what we understand to be alien beings from other planets.
    interesting , I sort of agree. I think that most of the oldest civilizations might be aliens :O Mayans for example lol , crazy sounding theory I am aware of that, but still we should open our minds to all sorts of reality because reality is an abstract concept
    " "Close your eyes and keep your mind wide open".

Indigo Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    I saw a picture recently of the Hindu gods with blue skin.

I noticed that in the depiction, the gods had brown hair and green eyes. Note that her palms are flesh colored - as most people have.

In other words: the gods were seen with brown hair and blue skin, not with a "blue filter" from meditation - although I know that the latter phenomenon can happen.

Indigo Rookie
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranVeteranTagger Second Class
    Level
    Thanks

Question Blue skinned ETs, Hinduism, Orion, and the Blue Ray people

I've written about many of my experiences and past life memories (plus shared two portraits of an 8D Orion ET with milk-white skin and a pale blue tint underneath) with certain ET beings who had pale blue tint skin. I've also had some other people share their awake and also dream interactions with certain Starbeings/ETs with blue skin with me, which I've included in some of my writings.

There's so much more going on and always has been...but the exciting part is that finally these multidimensional pieces and multi-D consciousness is rapidly returning in more and more people now. Soon this type of multi-D and ET interactions will be the norm due the evolutionary/ascension business.

(And there is plenty of ET activities and warring in ancient Hindu mythology.)

http://deniselefay.wordpress.com/201...-sex-with-who/

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Lapis For This Useful Post:

MamaElla (01-02-2012)

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    These are clearly not ETs. I think they seem more like a race that is no longer around.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1 year registered1000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Shiva wasn't actually blue, in the text it says Shiva's throat turned blue, nothing else. It started with Krishna. Krishna was described as a dark skinned man. Krishna can also loosely translated as blue and so rather than have a holy being depicted as a low caste they chose blue. After that it became standard to depict the other avatars as blue and the Gods and Goddesses followed closely. Those images you find on google image search are all European influenced. Indian art looked nothing like that prior to colonization, when the British arrived they did their best to push their standards of portraiture in Indian art, and they succeeded to a degree because the previous popular Persian influenced Moughal minatures were extinguished and not revived until smaller contemporary art movements in India. It's pop culture now. But even in India a lot of people don't know this. Pop culture overrides historical education. And westerners that have convinced themselves they have an affinity with Hinduism have no problem perpetuating stereotypes and romanticizations, obviously. Judging by all the comments on how blue is a "mystical" colour.
    You can find pre colonial Indian art with dark skinned Krishna, and non blue Gods and Goddesses, but maybe you'll have to look offline. The internet clearly is not the best source of information.
    Last edited by nannananna; 05-16-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1 year registered1000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Also if you actually sat down and researched offline some basic Hindu theory you'll see that its explicitly stated that the Gods and Goddesses did not live in the physical realm. That's why they have avatars like Krishna and Ram and to accomplish their work in the physical world.

Indigo Member
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Blog entry5000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    That sounds accurate, except, Kali is depicted as a deep blue hue that is almost black and her name means black, it proves your point moot. But they aren't supposed to be light blue. I think maybe the pigment from the statues faded to that color because Krishna is supposed to be the dark blue of a thunder cloud.

"In the ten-armed form of Mahakali she is depicted as shining like a blue stone. She has ten faces and ten feet and three eyes. She has ornaments decked on all her limbs. There is no association with Shiva."
    "The Kalika Purana describes Kali as possessing a soothing dark complexion, as perfectly beautiful, riding a lion, four-armed, holding a sword and blue lotuses, her hair unrestrained, body firm and youthful."

"The color is blue, which means that Lord Vishnu can be everywhere just like the blue sky or ocean. Vishnu also represents the time without end and a never ending supremacy. This is the reason why Vishnu is always depicted as blue."

"In Hinduism, persons who have depth of character and the capacity to fight evil are depicted as blue skinned. Another theory refers to Vishnu implanting two hairs, one black and the other whites in Devaki’s womb (which miraculously got transferred to Rohini’s) and as a result, from the black hair Krishna took birth, with a dark skin, and from the white hair his brother, Balarama."

So, maybe, the whole skin color/caste thing did originate after colonialism, but I think the deities were the exceptions.
    Last edited by isiseyes9; 05-16-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Just listening to Enigma was reading this last entry, and the music said Carly don't be sad, anyway

Think you get the picture!

Official Supporter
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 534
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Because blue is different,

they could of easily been green.
    Everday I'm Shuffling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast