Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Custom User Title
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 998
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 Times in 1,342 Posts

Reasons why Gen Y sucks

I feel like my generation has produced nothing of substance yet, and please no one say lady gaga. We dont have our own substantial cultural icons. Why? There are no rebellions, no mutinies, no counter-culture. All we have are idiotic hipsters that are the bastard children of brand marketing. What gives gen y?

This ad goes away when you register.

Indigo Member
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 480
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranVeteranCreated Blog entry

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Why does a rebellion have to create icons? And why in the bloody hell did Lady Gaga come to mind?
    "If you could hear me, I would say that our finger prints don't fade from the lives we've touched."-Remember Me
    "...a single person's will strengthened by integrity&purpose can be more powerful than a score by lovestruck romantics."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to aislynmoon3 For This Useful Post:

cerise333 (09-11-2010)

Custom User Title
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Icons are born out of rebellion against the standards placed on them. I think gen y tries to live up to the standards of previous generations instead of creating their own, like older gens did. This all sprang from over hearing someone say lady gaga was the cultural icon of the gen y. i threw up alittle in my mouth.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MiamiSound For This Useful Post:

aislynmoon3 (09-11-2010), lillies1978 (09-11-2010), looking (09-11-2010), Sephish (09-11-2010)

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranVeteranTagger Second Class

Level
    Thanks
    you have forgotten, that your generation is in a fierce war....that against saving what is left (the best part of humanity) against the computer-age technology society shoves down your throats every day. You've seen how bad it can be (first-hand), where do you stand in this role against "humans" and machines taking you over?

Custom User Title
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    The war is lost already heathra, machines won already. The older gens must adapt or die, and newer will become symbiotic with the tech. The war now is for our minds.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MiamiSound For This Useful Post:

danz (09-11-2010)

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I also agree with you that it appears the farther the generations progressed the more lost they become. It's not really anyone's fault........it's just that sooner or later, our youth has to stand up against being computer generated to more simplisticly generated. Every generation IMO, since the 1940's has experienced a slow decline in functioning due to more, bigger, faster technology. In my opinion, the last great generation was that of the 1970's.

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiSound View Post
    The war is lost already heathra, machines won already. The older gens must adapt or die, and newer will become symbiotic with the tech. The war now is for our minds.
    LOL! Yeah, but like you've always said, you don't appreciate victims! I say to you, Miami.......take no prisoners. You are powerful enough to turn that energy into something positive for your generation, if you choose to. Be the change........you have it in you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Heathra For This Useful Post:

MiamiSound (09-11-2010)

Old Soul
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 645
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,464 Posts
    There are no rebellions, no mutinies, no counter-culture.
    Someone should start one. A mutiny sounds exciting.
    Freemason wannabe and resident skeptic.
    If you don't feel disempowered, I'm not doing my job.
    Check out the Hidden Content right here on IS.

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephish View Post
    Someone should start one. A mutiny sounds exciting.
    the saddest part about it is guys like you (inherentely powerful) don't even realize you're part of the greatest "war" of all........in that of returning values to a more simplistic, "humane" level, i.e. like our fore-founders lived off the land. You guys (being indigos) and being so powerful can create change instead of being part of the status quo. I know you guys are powerful enough to be that change. Don't you?

Old Soul
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathra View Post
    the saddest part about it is guys like you (inherentely powerful) don't even realize you're part of the greatest "war" of all........in that of returning values to a more simplistic, "humane" level, i.e. like our fore-founders lived off the land. You guys (being indigos) and being so powerful can create change instead of being part of the status quo. I know you guys are powerful enough to be that change. Don't you?
    We certainly could if it was a good idea. I don't think it is though.

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    We certainly could if it was a good idea. I don't think it is though.
    Why so, love? Please educate me on the mindset....

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    The 60's....now that was a generation of movers/shakers. Don't ever under estimate your own power to change things. The "fight" you're looking for is already upon you guys.....for the sake of all of us. You have a great responsibility....LOL!

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Miami, if you truly believed what you typed, than there would be no need for your thread, right? Correct me if I'm wrong. Your generation has an obligation to get things back on track (values, etc). Us others will continue to pull our own weight and join in...........but like you said we need to adapt or parish. We're banking on you the "Y" generation to help us, make sense of things. Does it make sense to you?

Old Soul
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathra View Post
    Why so, love? Please educate me on the mindset....
    When you really look at it, it's simply the natural progression of things. Returning to a "simpler time" would only be setting us back instead of helping, and humanity would eventually be right back in the same position it's in now.

Maybe that's why nobody feels revolutionary in this generation. They know how futile it'd be. But when the right cause comes along I think it'll be a good chance to show our true colors and/or test our pipe bomb making skills.

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    When you really look at it, it's simply the natural progression of things. Returning to a "simpler time" would only be setting us back instead of helping, and humanity would eventually be right back in the same position it's in now.

Maybe that's why nobody feels revolutionary in this generation. They know how futile it'd be. But when the right cause comes along I think it'll be a good chance to show our true colors and/or test our pipe bomb making skills.
    when I said a "simpler" time, I meant a "truer" time......meaning that people responded to their environment appropriately. When there were injustices (the 60's is a great example), people fought for what is right. In the 2000's people "accept" what they know is not "right" but feel too jaded and helpless to evoke the change our previous warriors undertook naturally? I'm just trying to clarify this guys. If there was nothing your generation felt was wrong, than why the thread? You know how I feel about it......again, correct me if I'm not understanding you. It's generation Y's ability to step up to the plate that will cause ONE OF THE GREATEST CHANGES IN THE WORLD! You guys are the future of this planet, so please don't take it lightly or upon my response to a thread asking for answers, sweep it under the rug, so to speak. You guys are infinitely powerful in the changes you make for this "world." Please choose wisely.......I will have a son soon here, and the ground you powerful indigos make now, will make it that much easier for me to feel proud bringing him into this world. Does it make sense to you? Please, again, don't ever under-estimate the power your generation (specifically you two powerful indigos) have over the direction of this planet and generations to soon come......

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

love, it's more like a regression based on what I'm hearing now and have been experiencing for a while.

Custom User Title
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I don't like to toot my own horn but i have the potential to be revolutionary, for some reason though i'v always been oppressed by something. Like something doesnt want me to unleash it just yet. Thats just how i feel about it sometimes, i am not trying to say that i am the next jimi hendrix or jim morrison, but i think their influence on me combined with all the esoteric/occult/new age/psychology/philosophy/religious/mythological/theoretical/heretical bullshit i know about could cause some commotion. Yeah i know i know, "Well why don't you go out and do it?" they always say. Well i have tried but it always falls apart.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to MiamiSound For This Useful Post:

Heathra (09-11-2010)

Custom User Title
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Custom User Title
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    ur schoolbooks would like us to believe that social change must always be gradual and peaceful. Sudden, abrupt changes are seen as disruptions of a “normal” functioning society. “Respectable” society looks upon mass protest, civil disobedience, strikes, disruption and revolution with horror. But fundamental social change rarely comes gradually. Industrial unions didn’t come to this country by the gradual addition, year after year, of a few new unions. On the contrary, mass industrial unionism came in an explosion of organizing and mass strikes over a period of about five years, from 1934 to 1938. The gains of the civil rights movement were achieved through heroic civil disobedience and mass protest in the face of systematic racist terror.

While governments caution the governed to act peacefully and to refrain from drastic action, they themselves reserve the right to use overwhelming force. There was nothing gradual about the invasion of Iraq.

Revolution is the ultimate social leap – a period when the gradual accumulation of mass bitterness and anger of the exploited and oppressed coalesces and bursts forth into a mass movement to overturn existing social relations and replace them with new ones. A few days of revolutionary upheaval bring more change than decades of “normal” development. Rulers and systems that seemed invincible and immovable are suddenly unceremoniously toppled. Revolution is not an aberration in an otherwise smoothly functioning society.

The last three centuries have been filled not only with wars, but also with revolutions and near-revolutions. A list of only some of these gives us an idea of the scope of revolutionary upheaval since the dawn of modern capitalism: the American Revolution (1776-87), the French Revolution (1789-94), the US Civil War (1861-65), the European revolutions of 1848, the Russian Revolutions (1905 and 1917), the German Revolution (1918-23), China (1925-27), the Spanish Civil War (1936-39), the Hungarian Revolution (1956), Chile (1973), Portugal (1974-75), Iran (1979), Poland’s Solidarnosc uprising (1980-81). This partial list is enough to put to rest the notion that revolutions are rare or unusual occurrences.

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I don't like to toot my own horn but i have the potential to be revolutionary, for some reason though i'v always been oppressed by something. Like something doesnt want me to unleash it just yet. Thats just how i feel about it sometimes, i am not trying to say that i am the next jimi hendrix or jim morrison, but i think their influence on me combined with all the esoteric/occult/new age/psychology/philosophy/religious/mythological/theoretical/heretical bullshit i know about could cause some commotion. Yeah i know i know, "Well why don't you go out and do it?" they always say. Well i have tried but it always falls apart.
    I understand.....who hasn't? Remember your original post was asking why the generation Y didn't have a cause? You know your cause, deep down. I'm glad you created this thread for perhaps it will help you in answering the questions you already know the answers to. My generation X, along with countless others before mine (baby boomers,etc), are banking that a few revoltionaries such as yourself, will step up to the plate. The world has it's eyes on you guys! You have the "iconic generation" conflicts you longed for, before you. We believe in you guys. Please don't prove us wrong.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Heathra For This Useful Post:

MiamiSound (09-11-2010)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast