Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialRecommendation Second ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Western Idaho, at the meeting of two rivers
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pockshimmo View Post
    Having read,heard and discussed this a good many times, I'm amazed by how some people attain what they claim to be spirit and totem animals, especially the internet test where one answers questions to determine what his or her spiritual animal is. From what I know, a spirit animal picks the person and in my experience this occurs early in life, around puberty. One doesn't pick a spirit animal because he or she has an admiration for a particular creature such as an eagle, buffalo, bear, pet cat, or even a wolf. In my beliefs one cannot just pick a spirit animal like a pair of jeans off the rack. A lot of people are fooling themselves when it comes to picking spirit animals, especially when they attempt to do so in a 'Native American' sense.
    Meg takk min venn, I do agree with what you say here. But too many modern folk do not know their real lineage thanks to years of hedonism and so on in a melting pot society. Not that this is a bad thing, but to know one's self one must have roots. My family, for example, maintained oral records and history for generations. My grandmother passed along her stories and history to me as has been done for years. In truth, much of what she said jives with recorded history but there are points that tend to be a little muddy....for example, conventional teaching would say that European folk were here in the later 1400's but not so much prior. However, there is much evidence to support the statement that Norsefolk made the crossing as much as 400 years prior to this.....and split their group at Newfoundland, with one party headed down the coast of North America, and the other using the St. Lawrence Seaway into what was, at that time, Lake Agassiz. Therein meeting and making pacts with native tribes here years before the latter colonials. When my Grandmother's family came from Herfendahl they knew where to go, to Hamden in Audubon Township in Minnesota....to the land our forefathers had traded for. Sometimes history and lineage is richer than one might think
    नमस्ते
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
    In lak’ech Ala Kin’

2. The Following User Says Thank You to t1mb3rl1n3 For This Useful Post:

Nespese (03-01-2013)

Indigo Rookie
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocial3 months registered3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuno View Post
    Hi pockshimmo,

what you say it makes a lot of sense to me.
    I was calling to be helped from my spirit guides, i didnt ask for nowone in particular but in 2 days i saw a black phanter or a big black cat coming straight at me in my minds eye, but it was dressed in one of the sides with what it looked to me to be cristals or diamonds.
    The next day after i saw 2 white swans and a cat in betwin them, i never thought of it before.
    Nuno
    Greetings Nuno

Wow that was somewhat quick and easy compared to my lengthy time of preparation and then led to a wooded mountain slope where I fasted for almost two weeks in isolation and with little water before my helper not only found me, but taught me a new song as well. At 16 years old during that time, I did this a bit late in life. None the less after more than 40 winters, my helper is still here for me.
    Last edited by Pockshimmo; 01-18-2013 at 04:54 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pockshimmo For This Useful Post:

Nuno (01-18-2013)

Indigo Newbie
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Achievements:
    3 months registered3 months registered500 Experience Points500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Pockshimmo,

Thanks for replying.

Yes, everything has come rather quick to me, i search online for the meaning of my visions and what i been finding its overwhelming.

I have made a post called " mayan, golden age" where i tell some of my story.

Fell free to take a look and tell me what you think if you like.
    i would really like to ear your opinion on it.

I work with music and would like to hear more about your song.

Best wishes with love,

Nuno

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuno For This Useful Post:

Pockshimmo (01-18-2013)

Indigo Rookie
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Pockshimmo,
    I work with music and would like to hear more about your song.

Best wishes with love,

Nuno
    Hello Nuno. That song and anything else concerning my spirit helper is a private matter. Besides I really don't think it could be translated in English.
    Last edited by Pockshimmo; 01-18-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Indigo Rookie
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    3 months registered3 months registeredTagger Second ClassTagger Second Class500 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanks to all who contributed to this thread! I am getting over a cold and laughter is the best medicine. I hope I don't overdose

Indigo Newbie
    Achievements:
    3 months registered3 months registered500 Experience Points500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hello Pockshimmo,

The reason i asked was not with the intent of taking out any information you don't want to share.
    I only asked because i thought that we could share experiences, learn and grow together.

I also have a lot of information, i do want to share with the ones who want to know and have similar feelings and personal experiences from within.

It seems that there is so much sense of separation in the world still, even with people that are spiritual conected. Iam not talking about you but in general. Thats really hard for me to understand as i trully belive we are one spirit, just in different stages.
    i have never looked into any native american culture, it came to me in visions, so just like you came across me,
    i thought it could be a connection.

I am working with my heart and intuition in awaken the world to a new era, an era of knowledge peace and love.
    A world of magic in where our dreams became true.
    The golden age.

My intention its for the whole world to ascend, not just a few. For that i believe that the ones that are awaken, like you, me and others, have or should have the intention for that to became true.
    For that i believe we should work together.

“The happiness of one's own heart alone cannot satisfy the soul; one must try to include, as necessary to one's happiness, the happiness of others.”
    ― Paramahansa Yogananda

I can also speak spanish and portuguese if you prefere that way.
    If not, i respect and know that the right people and information will come my way.

Best regards and best wishes,

Nuno

Indigo Rookie
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hello Pockshimmo,

The reason i asked was not with the intent of taking out any information you don't want to share.
    I only asked because i thought that we could share experiences, learn and grow together.

I also have a lot of information, i do want to share with the ones who want to know and have similar feelings and personal experiences from within.

It seems that there is so much sense of separation in the world still, even with people that are spiritual conected. Iam not talking about you but in general. Thats really hard for me to understand as i trully belive we are one spirit, just in different stages.
    i have never looked into any native american culture, it came to me in visions, so just like you came across me,
    i thought it could be a connection.

I am working with my heart and intuition in awaken the world to a new era, an era of knowledge peace and love.
    A world of magic in where our dreams became true.
    The golden age.

My intention its for the whole world to ascend, not just a few. For that i believe that the ones that are awaken, like you, me and others, have or should have the intention for that to became true.
    For that i believe we should work together.

“The happiness of one's own heart alone cannot satisfy the soul; one must try to include, as necessary to one's happiness, the happiness of others.”
    ― Paramahansa Yogananda

I can also speak spanish and portuguese if you prefere that way.
    If not, i respect and know that the right people and information will come my way.

Best regards and best wishes,

Nuno
    It is good that either of us can allow the other such respect in that understanding.

That is a tremendous endeavor you have taken upon yourself. It would be better that peace and love reigned forever because every historic golden age has at some point passes into something else not so bright and glimmering. Personally I do not associate anything gold with true peace and love. Too many bad things have happened in the name of gold and golden ages.

One's golden age may be another's dark age.

Example - The Roman Empire's golden age may of been an age of fear and subjugation for the conquered as well as those contesting conquest. The same holds true with the various religious empires and kingdoms throughout history where there was a conquest and convert or be killed attitude.They have claimed golden ages as well.

Indigo Newbie
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Pockshimmo,

It looks like we have quit different ideas of what golden age, or the aquarius age is.

The Romans were a sociaty that ruled, based on fear, wars, ignorance, judgment..and so on..

Just like the societies we have now.

Not all cycles have been beneficial for us to understand who we are, i believe now its the time.

what i feel its something completely different from what you described.

I came to this site in hopes to find more people like me, with similar traits.
    People who came to this world with the feeling that something is about to happened, something that will shift our consciousness to a higher plane.
    Somewhere where we get back to our purest state of being, which is based on love.

Before there was anything, all that exist was love. Everything else that exists now its just an expansion of that.

Our solar family is waiting for us and counting on us to accelerate the process of accession.

Indigos purpose involves discovering, developing and using natural talents to help other people on the planet.

Indigos all have a similar global life propose to help the new age of peace.

Possesses a deep desire to help the world in the big way.

Are here to change the world, to help the world love in greater harmony and peace with one another and to raise the vibration of the planet.

Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective.

and many many others traits, as you most have read..

So i did not choose or am choosing the way i am and the way i think, my thoughts and will come from within and are natural to me.
    I have no Ego.

I want to change the world and i will do everything i can to make that happen.
    I know there are people like me out there, i thought this site could be the place, but i do not want to get into a discussion about such a different views.
    I understand you and respect your option, but does not resonate with me.

we could talk about bad things all day, why not choose good things. the bad we already seen and know it exists, but the good, do we know?

anyways, this will be my last post on this,

i am sorry but this conversation didn't take the shape i was hopping for.

Best Wishes with love,

Nuno

Indigo Rookie
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Greetings returned, Nuro.

I wasn't aware we were talking exclusively about bad things. At least I didn't perceive it in such a way.

Having no desire to shape what already has long existed since the origins of my people and their allies I see we may indeed have different ideas, but that should not hamper good relations and conversation between different people meeting in a peaceful manner and talking about totem animals. Perhaps you could help me understand how an Algonquian's concept of totems plays a role in what you speak of.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pockshimmo For This Useful Post:

Nuno (01-18-2013)

Indigo Newbie
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Pockishimmo,

I am trully sorry if i came across being rude, but i do get miss understood, behing here didnt change that a lot, and it kinda hurts.
    I get very defencive in my views, that wanst the answer for you but for how i ve been feeling about the world as it is, so i apologize.

I came here hoping to be understood and work with people on the same direction.
    what i wrore wasn't exacly for you and iam sorry if i made you feel bad.
    And your right, this may be out of the topic but for me there is only one topic, the others all fall into the same topic.

I have great respect for native americans, love and great apreciation for all the knowledge they have left us.
    Much more then what i could ever describe in words.

I do have a job to do, and thats throught music.
    Conversations with others just seem to have fallen short so far. I accept that and embraise it, it just pushes me even more into my innerself.
    One day i hope we can all celebrate and remember how magic this journey was.

Best wishes,

Nuno

Indigo Newbie
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Pockishimmo,

I am trully sorry if i came across being rude, but i do get miss understood, behing here didnt change that a lot, and it kinda hurts.
    I get very defencive in my views, that wanst the answer for you but for how i ve been feeling about the world as it is, so i apologize.

And your right, this may be out of the topic but for me there is only one topic, the others all fall into the same topic.

I have great respect for native americans, love and great apreciation for all the knowledge they have left us.

Conversations with others just seem to have fallen short so far. I accept that and embraise it, it just pushes me even more into my innerself.

Best wishes,

Nuno

Indigo Rookie
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Pockishimmo,

Best wishes,

Nuno
    You did not come across in my perception as being rude and hopefully no one is challenging your views in a manner that would put anyone in an overly defensive mode. I think we can probably begin to understand individual personal views and better see the vistas before us. To me everything moving in one direction bespeaks of unbalance. Tipping the scales so to speak. I know a stream can flow in one direction while the breeze above moves in another. The same holds true with all living things, human beings included. Although they appear to be moving in different directions, all are in fact moving within the great and mysterious circle of life. Wild animals understand this so well they do not overly concern themselves with it. Humans however are often inclined to not only harness but control and even divert that flow in ways to benefit their own personal goals be they innocently misguided or conceived of greed. Here upon a planet that is billions of years old such unbalancing eventually evens out within that mysterious circle's flow.

I would hope you have great respect for all people, indigenous or otherwise. Those who at least try their best to flow within that circle. The knowledge they have left and what they have yet to impart. That which cannot be concluded in just in one day or a single conversation. Still here, having survived so much that strove to make us not, such traditional people leave behind nothing being very much who we always were. That’s not to say certain conditions haven’t altered lifestyles, but as far as spirituality, it remains the same. Keep in mind there are hundreds of tribes, many having their own particular ways and beliefs, totems being very much a part for some. As it is with many traditional people, beliefs as well as our ancestors are not left behind.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pockshimmo For This Useful Post:

Nuno (01-23-2013), t1mb3rl1n3 (01-23-2013)

Indigo Newbie
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    my Totem is the black panther.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Mystic For This Useful Post:

Nuno (01-23-2013)

Indigo Rookie
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mystic View Post
    Hiaista galikiee. Mishapetthikee. Kool, my great grandfather was of the panther sept.

Indigo Newbie
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mystic View Post

How did you find about your totem purrple mystic, if you dont mind me asking
    did it came to you on a vision, dream?

Best regards

Indigo Newbie
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    So I did a little research, and it seems my birth totem may be a snake. Now, is it weird that I am totally scared of snakes? I have never felt a connection or desire to be around snakes - in fact, the only near fist-fight I ever had in school was when a boy tried to frighten me with a snake. Any thoughts?

Indigo Newbie
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anela View Post
    So I did a little research, and it seems my birth totem may be a snake. Now, is it weird that I am totally scared of snakes? I have never felt a connection or desire to be around snakes - in fact, the only near fist-fight I ever had in school was when a boy tried to frighten me with a snake. Any thoughts?

Hi Anela,

From what i know snakes are nothing like what we've been told.
    In anccient mythology snakes were many times considered the divine force of life, the awaken of the hidden misteries of our soul, it's also associated with the divine force of kundalini and many many others.

It is normal for most of us to be scared of snakes but i think mostly because of our non existence of miss information.
    Most snakes dont attack without being provoked

Snakes sImbolise, healing, personal transformation, inttuition...its a symbol of our unconcious.

It also depends, of how the snake shows up in your life, what form, dreams,visions, etc..

if you are afraid then it's your shadow totem, shadow totems are very powerful and show up in our lifes to help us, they try to awaken our soul, to teach us something. Many times its a part of ourself that we dont like or understand, simply because we don't have enough information.

The other day i had a dream with gigantic snakes inside a temple with people worshiping them, they had what seem to be very friendly faces, they were pink redish and looked like the ones from the Kukulkan pyramide.

So i would say, just embrace it and enjoy your self discoverying.

If you google you will find much information about snakes.

Hope that helped a little.

Best wishes,

Nuno

Indigo Member
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    I have animal totems too! I've never thought of them in the specific categories that you mentioned but here's how I think some of them would fit:

This ad goes away when you register.

Power Animal: Cheetah (this was my favorite animal as a kid)

Helper: Crow/Magpie mainly (sometimes pigeons also help me out, but that might be because I think they are so cute and love them )

Other Totems (not sure what category they fit in):
    Wolf
    Blue Jay
    Coyote

Possibly:
    Tiger
    Dolphin
    Dragon

Indigo Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anela View Post
    Anela, I think that sometimes the animals that we fear are the ones that are supposed to be our totem animals because they are the ones we have much to learn from.

I actually just listed mine above and there are two others that I THINK may be additional totem animals for me - the black house cat (though this was I think a very temporary one-time thing one) and... and I didn't want to post this cause I haven't quite swallowed it... but the cockroach. One keeps popping up in my bathtub and its just so ewww.... but it makes me wonder if that's why I have it... to learn respect for insects. I love animals and people and plants - but insects? That's the only thing in my way. So idk... I can't say I'm happy with that one...

Indigo Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    How did you find about your totem purrple mystic, if you dont mind me asking
    did it came to you on a vision, dream?

Best regards
    I think there are several ways. For me, different totems came to me in different ways but once you know, you just know.

For example, the wolf totem was the first one that i realized was my totem. I live in Texas and I was driving late at night and I always had a fascination with the starry sky and the moon which had been appearing larger and larger and oranger and oranger every night. As I was driving, I was observing it with awe, as usual and I almost didn't realize a wolf - yes a wolf! in texas! - walking towards me in the same lane I was driving in. I slowed down, changed lanes and as we were driving I was in such AWE of the beauty of this snowy wolf - and we had a moment where we just looked at each other. I wanted to take a picture to prove that I saw one so people would believe me, but I was in such awe that I just couldn't!

I kept driving and noticed at the stop light that there was a careless driver in front of me who I would later see swerving in between lanes. Had the wolf not slowed me down... I would have been in front of that person instead of behind so I kind of feel like the wolf took are of me

With the blue jay, that was the second or 3rd one I found, I asked before I went to bed, to be shown another one of my totems while I slept. I dreamt about a blue jay and figured, yeah that's pretty random, it must be right. Then I drove to school the same route I always take, and as I was driving, I kid you not - this beautiful blue jay flies right in front of my car... so close to the dashboard window! Fortunately I was already at school (college) and driving 20 mph but I was like... wow! I've never seen a blue jay around here before! And I just knew.

Others have taken me some time to realize. Like I saw some seriously HUGE crows and it wasn't until they showed up twice in front of my house that I got the message. And they have helped me ever since. They were huge! Like almost up to my knees!

Plus, after finding each totem, I would look them up on the internet and the meanings would exactly fit my current situation or something I had just overcome.

The cheetah I found after realizing that the animal you are most likely attached to as a kid is your power animal. The tiger, dawned on me years after it was there for me. I was obsessed with tigers for a time being and felt so connected to them for months on end.

Really, if you want to find your totem, just set the intention that you want to do so and then things will pop up. Just pay attention to how you feel and don't doubt yourself if you feel like an animal is your totem. I see cute bunnies around my neighborhood all the time but I don't see them as my totem. I don't get that feeling. Just trust .

You really can't get it wrong. All animals are masters and are here to teach us so there really is no right or wrong answer. Find the animals that mean something to you and learn from them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast