Someone in spirit attached themselves to me, get off me!

The Psychic Phenomenon; a place to discuss the bizarre of psychic experiences and theories. Deja Vu, Telekenesis, Sight, etc.
Hi, I have been told my light is pretty bright, have attracted all people dead and alive, who seem to want something from me, anyhoo, last place I lived was a crappy dark place, full of negative history I believe, I was always bumping into a spirit in this tiny place, he pushed me sometimes, and one night he just seemed to go right through me a grey shadow, entered my body, I saw it, can they do that just move into our live bodies? I think my personality has changed, any advice, I went to a reiki healer she did not really do much to help, have been asking him to go to the light, praying, etc. also trying to raise my vibrations so there is no room for lost souls, Thanks all.
Lisadwynn

«  » by Sephish
Lisadwynn wrote:have been asking him to go to the light, praying, etc. also trying to raise my vibrations so there is no room for lost souls, Thanks all.

There's your problem. If there really is an entity attached to or possessing you, you're being too nice to it. Exorcisms are not full of love and light, they're a battle of wills. You need to [i:3llwpjbn]command[/i:3llwpjbn] this thing to leave and not come back.
Sephish

«  » by SecretAgentMan
Yup, all you gotta do is say " The power of christ compells thee", just keep repeating that over an over, and plenty of holy water.
SecretAgentMan

«  » by Lelitu
Sephish is as usual full of wisdom

don't ask it to leave, just throw it out.

if you ask, it will just refuse. if you throw it out, it comes down to who's will is stronger.
which is where some very wise words come in. "Do, or do not. there is no try".

in any situation where willpower and belief are paramount, such as exorcisms, if you say "I will try" you are
planting a tiny seed of doubt in your own subconscious, you're saying you're not totally confident that you will win.
that weakens your ability to win.

better, to say "I will do it", this says to your subconscious, that you are totally confident of victory, and does not work to undermine your will.

Edit to add:

a very important question to ask of course, is why has this spirit done this?
is it hurt?
scared? in need of help?
hungry?
angry?

what motivates it? sometimes all a spirit needs is someone to talk to.
not saying that this is the case here, but understanding it's motivations can go a long way to
making clear how to deal with it.
It may be hostile, it may not, it might just be scared and lonely.
Lelitu

«  » by Lisadwynn
I was just asking if anyone had any notion of exactly where an attachment occurred or what it felt like, thank you, I know about what you are saying, I do not have a" problem", per se, I am not even sure I have an attachment, Love and light! iron fist in a velvet glove!,Empowerment to all!
Lisadwynn

«  » by Lelitu
i'm unsure what exactly you're asking in that case :/

what an attachment feels like, depends a lot on the nature of the attachment, and which end of it you are on.
where it occurs, also depends on the nature of the connection.

for example, it's more than a little pleasant to be connected with a loved one
especially one that inspires and energises you.

on the other hand, it's not so pleasant to be on the wrong side of a link being used to drain your energy
though doing the draining can be quite enjoyable, and certainly tasty.
Lelitu

«  » by Evin Charles
I dont have much experience on this, It only happened to me once, and i helped some one once. But the things about indigo's and starseeds etc. Is that these beings are attrached to use because we can help them. The ones that are used by evil people to do harm to others are confused ones.. We can help them cross over properly, by helping to remember what they did in there past lives or what there gonna do in there future lives. When they remember they easily leave. Please do not send them to hell or back to who ever sent them your way. These are energy beings be nice to them. Help them. Remember ignorrant people always know what there doing. These souls are stubborn but still they realized there wrong help them rememeber.
Evin Charles

«  » by Sephish
Evin Charles wrote:These are energy beings be nice to them.

Energy beings can be good or bad, just like humans. Always wise to approach them with caution.
Sephish

«  » by enrico
It's all relative. What does an attachment feel like? I don't really know you, but depending on your perception, beliefs, fears etc., you can find the answer within yourself. Were you raised in fear? Do you believe in the devil? Do you think there is a christ that will fix everything? Then yes, go ahead and do the " the power of christ compells thee" stuff, like it was suggested...I think it works wonder for those who live in fear. So what do you believe in? do you believe in unconditional love? Acceptance? Lessons? If you think you might have an "attachment", maybe ask yourself why. Why would you allow this to happen? Why were you "chosen"? What is that you are supposed to learn? Ask anyone here and you will have all sorts of different answers, some might even resonate with you. Or some might condition you...
enrico

«  » by Evin Charles
enrico wrote:It's all relative. What does an attachment feel like? I don't really know you, but depending on your perception, beliefs, fears etc., you can find the answer within yourself. Were you raised in fear? Do you believe in the devil? Do you think there is a christ that will fix everything? Then yes, go ahead and do the " the power of christ compells thee" stuff, like it was suggested...I think it works wonder for those who live in fear. So what do you believe in? do you believe in unconditional love? Acceptance? Lessons? If you think you might have an "attachment", maybe ask yourself why. Why would you allow this to happen? Why were you "chosen"? What is that you are supposed to learn? Ask anyone here and you will have all sorts of different answers, some might even resonate with you. Or some might condition you...

This is so correct. when i had my first experience. Praying to jesus didnt help lol. reading the bible didnt help. It was my own mind that pulled me thru. I was never a praying man before and praying then didnt help. it was more of i gotta pay what and what to fix what fuck this. I got this shit. handled. My friend was like i seen u before in more difficult situations and u never had a problem. Now ur acting crazy and he was like because u cant see it doesn't mean u cant treat it the same way. At that point it was game on.

Now i pray, not because im all of a sudden religious. I pray to help me keep my mind from wondering in meditation. After a while i cant remember the words and i try to fight thru my sub with my conscious, repetitions.
Evin Charles

«  » by magnusEFFECT
If you do have a spirit attached to you, it won't stop until it possesses you. It will trick you and help you too. It wants what it wants. I don't think it is possible to change it. Real evil laughs at love like it is a weakness. It preys on compassion and love and dreams most of all. If you turn evil, it will possess you, but then you will probably have the genie so to speak. This is the real dilemma. It operates in this world because it clings to materialism. You can combat it with self knowledge. This will put you through hell too. In my experience, once you see it for what it is and command it to leave, it will leave, but depending on how long you've had it, the more deluded you will be so...it's harder to know where your delusions lie. It is very tricky once it has been attached for a long time.
magnusEFFECT