Warrior's purpose?

You got questions? We have answers.
In this day and age when everything's just all about healers and healing and love and peace and all that crap, what purpose does a warrior soul serve?

I'd be just happy with someone to serve and/or protect, or just guarding around keeping things safe. What I require is an object for loyalty and serving. There's also that fighting aspect present. Damn, I feel like I could've done a great job as a samurai back then (maybe I did and somehow got stuck to it) but it just doesn't happen these days. It's like "okay, I know what I should be doing but because that contex isn't present I can't be doing it." Yeah sure, I can heal some too but it's not my thing.

There aren't really all that much information about the subject just because people should be all fine and tidy and go around healing other people/world/w/e. Anyone up to teach me?
Manteli

by Sephish
Warriors are here to knock some sense into the healers. :p

Those feelings could also be caused by past life memories.
Sephish

by Manteli
That's another thing, how to tell apart a past-life experience from one's purpose in present life. I've got no clue.

edit: It's not like I really care either. I've been searching for my purpose for quite a long time and now that I've found something, I'm gonna hold on to it with all I've got even if it's just a memory. Though I do admit that I don't have the physical characteristics to be one to begin with, I can still train myself.
Manteli

[QUOTE=Sephish;688239]Warriors are here to knock some sense into the healers. :p

Those feelings could also be caused by past life memories.[/QUOTE]

what Seph said. Peace and healing doesn't equate a state of passive floormat-ness. A healer should be a warrior without fear but ...what can I do but protest....
Celticknot

[QUOTE=Sephish;688239]Warriors are here to knock some sense into the healers. :p

Those feelings could also be caused by past life memories.[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!! Good one.
Indigo Dog

^ hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Pocket2Ninja

I will teach you the Warrior way my little Padawan-

Live for 3 days in the wilderness, or the back yard. Feel nature all around you. Get into the rhythm of day and night. Feel the hardships and the pleasant things of being exposed to the elements. ( Or build a tent or some kind of shelter if you are a wuss.)

Harvest food that you have grown with your own hands. Or find something edible in your own backyard ( avoid chemical treated and pesticide covered stuff.) Kill, clean and eat something. Or go fishing. Make a fire and eat your catch.

Love and protect someone or something. A child who seems lonely, a cat a homeless guy...whatever the universe brings you.

For every martial art you learn that inflicts damage you must learn the equal and opposite ability to heal the damage. Warrior heal thyself.

I will teach more after you have achieved these quests.
Indigo Dog

by Adalis
i can't speak for anyone else but from my experience, the warrior energy is totally disconnected from virtue. everytime i've felt that energy deeply, i've had a strong desire to fight an opponent to the bloody end, as in, i kill the opponent. other times i've felt a strong desire to destroy everything around me. i'm always itching for a fight when the energy is strong. not a hint of that image of the virtuous warrior came into me. the warrior energy is powerful, destructive, energetic, dangerous, intoxicating, and deadly. i feel that this is what it is at it's most basic level. i also think that this energy is partially or completely responsible for the strong desire many indigos have to destroy faulty systems completely. additionally, if not properly controlled it can lead destruction and to its most extreme, a person could let themselves murder others.

i believe this powerful destructive energy makes way for the new to come in and take root. think of the idea, out with the old, in with the new. i also think that if properly channelled, it can be used to destroy obstacles so that something better can be built in it's place. this means that it's up to the person to use wisdom and virtue in concert with this energy. my experiences with this energy has also taught me that it's not a toy and there is clearly nothing glamorous about it.
Adalis

by Lynx
It depends on your definition of "warrior", no? Being fierce in your beliefs is enough, whatever they are. I think warrior is more how you are, not what you are.
Lynx

by Manteli
[QUOTE=Indigo Dog;688252]I will teach you the Warrior way my little Padawan-

Live for 3 days in the wilderness, or the back yard. Feel nature all around you. Get into the rhythm of day and night. Feel the hardships and the pleasant things of being exposed to the elements. ( Or build a tent or some kind of shelter if you are a wuss.)

Harvest food that you have grown with your own hands. Or find something edible in your own backyard ( avoid chemical treated and pesticide covered stuff.) Kill, clean and eat something. Or go fishing. Make a fire and eat your catch.

Love and protect someone or something. A child who seems lonely, a cat a homeless guy...whatever the universe brings you.

For every martial art you learn that inflicts damage you must learn the equal and opposite ability to heal the damage. Warrior heal thyself.

I will teach more after you have achieved these quests.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. First useful thing I've heard for a long time. lol
Manteli

by phroz3n
No one. Is just one. A warrior soul is all so a healer soul. Well it takes time to develop both ends of the spectrum. Like for me, some days im all about helping and doing good things and the next im thinking about stocking up on ammo and blowing stuff up lol.

I am awesome behind ny weapon system i put my hands on. but im steady enough with a need to give iv's and treat wounded etc. I don't even hesitate its almost like some one else takes over.

If u know u are a warrior work on your other side. U can not be full unless u know what empty is.
phroz3n

Funny finding this. I'm a warrior soul myself, and yet everyone keeps yammering about my elleged healing powers. but my energy is at its highest when I want to fight or when I feel power around. Either way my energy is never any higher than when I'm ready for a fight.
Tekkaman Blade

Return to index page Questions & Answers