Well... this was a bad one...

There's always a sign somewhere, whether it be in a dream or a vision.
So... I'm laying in bed with this guy... He's asleep, but I'm awake. We are kind of spooning I guess. My eyes are open, and suddenly, some big guy dressed in black comes walking into the room with a video camera. It was a large, bulky camera, and I found myself thinking it's not really a video camera at all... it's some weapon disguised to look like a video camera. (Maybe this has some other signicance... I'm a film maker, to me a video camera has more importance then it does to most people.)

This guy with the camera fills my whole field of vision... and I panic a little and try to say something all that comes out is "T..." That is enough to wake up my companion, who sits up really fast and yells something at this guy with the camera... A pretty rapid, heated exchange takes place between the two of them, something was said about "artifacts" but I don't remember much else. He tells the guy with the camera to take anything he wants... then get out. This guy with the camera has no features... he's just a huge, hulking mass of black that take the vague form of a man... Holding a large camera with a red light on it and a long lens.

The whole time they are talking I am sitting on the bed, not wanting to move too much, but at the same time, ready to run if the need arises. The guy with the camera walks to my side of the bed and announces he doesn't want to take anything, "Except this." he grabs me by the ankle and pulls me roughly to the foot of the bed.

The guy I was laying in bed with pleaded desperately for camera guy to leave me alone. Camera guy ignored him... He took my legs at the knees and pried them apart. That's when I realized all I have on is a t-shirt and I feel so completely vulnerable and terrified. "Please don't..." I begged, trying desperately to hold my legs together. It became obvious that to fight was futile... there was nothing I could do. The guy who was next to me on the bed was loudly begging him to stop...

Then... thankfully, in the real world my dog started barking. And that brought me out of the dream. I was half awake when this was going on... but it wasn't lucid because I wasn't controlling it.

Idk... any thoughts?
Valkrane

Dreams are so so important! We need to share them much more, i feel that all of our dreams will help us all have a better understanding. I am all too familiar with "nightmares" and dreaming sessions of all kinds. It sounds like you have a lot of "fight" in you but dont really understand those feelings nor know exactly what to do with them. You are feeling the presence of evil. In a physical form it doesnt quite matter but you feel it, its big, the camera.. is just showing that the evil stems from the world viewed through the camera. The evil is causing a problem, and throwing it back in your face over and over, and its attacking you hard in the most vulnerable parts of your soul. You may feel love for everyone around you but no matter how much you love them, that they are asleep! And when they finally awaken, you may still be alone; meaning you cant count on them to help fight off the evil. Ive been having very similar dreams.. my abilities have been there all my life but are strengthening every day, I feel that we are reaching that certain point in this world, and understanding our duty is what our dreams are helping us do. Do some meditation, and listen to Solfeggio Frequencies and really look inside your self. All the answers are truly there, and your crazy dreams are reminding you of that! Lots of Love
AndreaNicoleo

I was going to stay away from this because your imagery is so vivid I'm scared. like the intro scenes of a Law and Order Scene, Special Victims Unit. haha. but I want to applaud you for having the balls to post such an intimate dream in such a public forum!
GenericIndigo

^ Eh... I hesitated. I started typing it and got about half way through and though "Maybe I shouldn't be posting this..." but then I figured I could at least finish typing it and save it somewhere on my computer, just because. I obviously changed my mind after that... I typed it all up and then had a silent debate with myself over weather to hit submit.
Valkrane

by sshenry
ok - the little red flag in my head went up when you made the connection between you being a film maker and the guy with the camera in your dream). The first thing that pops into my head is "she's getting f_ked/raped by her work. In bed (metaphorically) with one aspect of your work - getting (or about to get? or got in the past?) f_cked by another. Specific incident...in general, or past/present/future would depend on specifics only you can fill in the blank on...
sshenry

by pebble
V this is what I saw...the dream lover spooning you is your male half, which is the side you place strength in, you have insecurities in your female half that "keep you up at night" male half asleep at peace/female half awake.
I think the faceless black man is your fear, the camera being much larger and you viewing it as a weapon signifies
that you may feel as if it is a calling too great for you, and that you are in love with but fearful to step out in your craft.
"he fills my whole field of vision" lol if the only word you can say is T that is enough. lol tmt is t and an astral ass kicker!
The 'artifact' I feel they are arguing about is the root of what has you stuck and fearful, the root of the insecurities.
That he argues and stands up for you until you are literally grabbed is telling you that you are leaning on the wrong half.
The male half is communicating to the female half that this is her battle. You feel powerless over your fears, they overtake you!
You awoke before you sucumb to it. Assurance. That your lover never quit speaking to defend you. That he continued to the full extent of his power
in the situation. You seek balance. It's been on your mind alot lately.
[QUOTE=Valkrane;703484]So... I'm laying in bed with this guy... He's asleep, but I'm awake. We are kind of spooning I guess. My eyes are open, and suddenly, some big guy dressed in black comes walking into the room with a video camera. It was a large, bulky camera, and I found myself thinking it's not really a video camera at all... it's some weapon disguised to look like a video camera. (Maybe this has some other signicance... I'm a film maker, to me a video camera has more importance then it does to most people.)

This guy with the camera fills my whole field of vision... and I panic a little and try to say something all that comes out is "T..." That is enough to wake up my companion, who sits up really fast and yells something at this guy with the camera... A pretty rapid, heated exchange takes place between the two of them, something was said about "artifacts" but I don't remember much else. He tells the guy with the camera to take anything he wants... then get out. This guy with the camera has no features... he's just a huge, hulking mass of black that take the vague form of a man... Holding a large camera with a red light on it and a long lens.

The whole time they are talking I am sitting on the bed, not wanting to move too much, but at the same time, ready to run if the need arises. The guy with the camera walks to my side of the bed and announces he doesn't want to take anything, "Except this." he grabs me by the ankle and pulls me roughly to the foot of the bed.

The guy I was laying in bed with pleaded desperately for camera guy to leave me alone. Camera guy ignored him... He took my legs at the knees and pried them apart. That's when I realized all I have on is a t-shirt and I feel so completely vulnerable and terrified. "Please don't..." I begged, trying desperately to hold my legs together. It became obvious that to fight was futile... there was nothing I could do. The guy who was next to me on the bed was loudly begging him to stop...

Then... thankfully, in the real world my dog started barking. And that brought me out of the dream. I was half awake when this was going on... but it wasn't lucid because I wasn't controlling it.

Idk... any thoughts?[/QUOTE]
pebble

[QUOTE=sshenry;703522]ok - the little red flag in my head went up when you made the connection between you being a film maker and the guy with the camera in your dream). The first thing that pops into my head is "she's getting f_ked/raped by her work. In bed (metaphorically) with one aspect of your work - getting (or about to get? or got in the past?) f_cked by another. Specific incident...in general, or past/present/future would depend on specifics only you can fill in the blank on...[/QUOTE]

I am in the infancy stages of a huge film project right now... And I'm hitting road block after road block. Every time I think I've made some progress, something comes along that sets me back a few steps.

And, without going too much into detail, in the past, the films I've worked on have always been a group effort. There's this big possy of independent film makers in this area and we all help each other out. I've always stepped in and helped however I could whenever one of my friends in the Indie community needed help. And I'm a little disappointed now, that it's my project, none of those same people are as eager to help me. So, I feel a little overwhelmed. I'm taking on this big project, and doing it all alone.

Lol... I can't wait to see the end credits on this film...

Executive Producer
Valkrane
Director
Valkrane
Written By
Valkrane
Editor
Valkrane
Set manager
Valkrane
Script Supervisor
Valkrane
Director of Photography
Valkrane
Camera Crew
Valkrane

I'm going to have to come up with some fake names so I can appropriately credit myself without looking like such an attention whore.

And, the fact that it is just me and I don't have this big entourage of people behind me on this project is working against me. This is a Documhntary, and I think a lot of these people I contact for interviews aren't taking me seriously. They think I'm just some chick with a camera who's trying to make a little movie.
Valkrane

[QUOTE=sshenry;703522]ok - the little red flag in my head went up when you made the connection between you being a film maker and the guy with the camera in your dream). The first thing that pops into my head is "she's getting f_ked/raped by her work. In bed (metaphorically) with one aspect of your work - getting (or about to get? or got in the past?) f_cked by another. Specific incident...in general, or past/present/future would depend on specifics only you can fill in the blank on...[/QUOTE]

sshenry -- why do you sensor your words when you know we're just going to fill in the blanks with "fuck" "fuck" "fuck" -- I almost feel like you're insulting my intelligence by not spelling out the entire word.
GenericIndigo

[QUOTE=Valkrane;703514] "Maybe I shouldn't be posting this..."[/QUOTE]

I've done this a lot in my life, metaphorically speaking... as well as literally. you know what finally popped my "I don't give a fuck cherry?"

really being down and not having anything to lose. then you start doing and saying whatever you want... and when the negative reaction isn't so bad as I imagined, and when 99% of the time everything actually turns out for the better... you start gaining confidence to 'put yourself out there' so to speak... good job!
GenericIndigo

by pebble
I'm 43 years old and I still get in trouble if I drop an f bomb in front of my dad. We live together so I have an occasional slip. It's not an insult, it's more of a taboo word for us older folk lol sorry Steph not presuming to answer for you.
[QUOTE=GenericIndigo;703540]sshenry -- why do you sensor your words when you know we're just going to fill in the blanks with "fuck" "fuck" "fuck" -- I almost feel like you're insulting my intelligence by not spelling out the entire word.[/QUOTE]
pebble

[QUOTE=pebble;703544]I'm 43 years old and I still get in trouble if I drop an f bomb in front of my dad. We live together so I have an occasional slip. It's not an insult, it's more of a taboo word for us older folk lol sorry Steph not presuming to answer for you.[/QUOTE]

haha... i'm kidding about being insulted... if you could find my insecurity, like the one that will make me cry, please let me know. Because I yearn to cry for real. ;)

no no. I mean, i wanted to point out, that if you're going to start using the word, have the balls to use it, don't half ass it. :) I just waned to try and taper what I really wanted to say and be nice about it.
GenericIndigo

[QUOTE=pebble;703526]V this is what I saw...the dream lover spooning you is your male half, which is the side you place strength in, you have insecurities in your female half that "keep you up at night" male half asleep at peace/female half awake.
I think the faceless black man is your fear, the camera being much larger and you viewing it as a weapon signifies
that you may feel as if it is a calling too great for you, and that you are in love with but fearful to step out in your craft.
"he fills my whole field of vision" lol if the only word you can say is T that is enough. lol tmt is t and an astral ass kicker!
The 'artifact' I feel they are arguing about is the root of what has you stuck and fearful, the root of the insecurities.
That he argues and stands up for you until you are literally grabbed is telling you that you are leaning on the wrong half.
The male half is communicating to the female half that this is her battle. You feel powerless over your fears, they overtake you!
You awoke before you sucumb to it. Assurance. That your lover never quit speaking to defend you. That he continued to the full extent of his power
in the situation. You seek balance. It's been on your mind alot lately.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this matters, but it was actually me spooning him. We weren't in the traditional man behind the woman spoon position, I was laying behind him with my arm draped over him. When I saw the camera guy come in the room, I was looking over his shoulder. It's hard to explain exactly... But it was so vivid.

THis is an interesting interpretation... I didn't even occur to me that what is going on here is an inner battle tahter then me fighting against some outer force.
Valkrane

I am going to give my interpretation before I read any responses, I always find that it is helpful to keep my mind unbiased. Please keep in mind that this is a really intimate dream and that I am merely giving you an interpretation based on speculation.

The bed represents an intimate/personal setting, something really private. This dream revolves around you and two others, two male forms. I do not want to necessarily say they are men you know, but they could be relationships and such. The man you are spooning with could represent either the male side of yourself, or a close male friend, or a lover. The other male form may also represent a male companion, a male stranger, or an overlying male dominant perspective. Being so personal, the males could also represent male energy or male dominant perspectives. You will probably know which, I am merely speculating.

The male form that is invading is carrying a large video camera, that is also a weapon. The video camera, like you said, probably means something to you or the dream. Therefore, the male could be someone in the film industry, or someone that uses your passion to get to you, or a variety of other things. It could also be that you are wanting to get into the industry that is predominantly male (not sure if that is true), and that you have to make a sacrifice to get into it.

Either way, the male form next to you, the intimate male, does not stand up to the male. Or rather he puts up a fight, at first. This shows a form of dominance from one male to the other. If it does represent your male side, then it shows a weakness in that area. If it is a guy that you know, then it could be something along the same lines. Or it could be that the male perspective is really passive and doesnt know how to handle the situation.

Interestingly enough, the male next to you says to take anything he wants... IE Material possesions. He does not put up a fight against the predominant male. The talking becomes pleading, then begging as it gets closer to the inevitable. You also do not put up much of a fight, other than begging and trying to hold your legs together. This may indicate a sense of weakness, or giving up against such a presence. You are fighting with what you can, but do not know the proper actions to take. The other male does not do anything but plead. This may indicate a sacrifice, or someone trying to take advantage of you. I am not sure if it necessarily represents physical rape, but some form of abuse that you feel powerless to stop.

That is about what I see. I hope that I did not put too much down. If you want to talk about this in private you are welcome to PM me.
inferno_dragon377

[QUOTE=Valkrane;703556]I don't know if this matters, but it was actually me spooning him. We weren't in the traditional man behind the woman spoon position, I was laying behind him with my arm draped over him. When I saw the camera guy come in the room, I was looking over his shoulder. It's hard to explain exactly... But it was so vivid.

THis is an interesting interpretation... I didn't even occur to me that what is going on here is an inner battle tahter then me fighting against some outer force.[/QUOTE]

see -- you spooning him means you have a very protective personality... even being the woman in a relationship, you still feel that it's your job to protect him while you two are in bed, when, according to Dabbs, it should be the other way around. And fuck whoever was in bed with you, he's too pussy to deserve a girlfriend. What guy would stand around letting a dude with a camera peek at your you know what. What a loser. I sleep with a full size samurai sword next to me and a fake looking black BB gun. Haha, not because I actually am that paranoid, it just allows me to live out my fantasy that someone will break in through the window and I get to chopped them to pieces.
GenericIndigo

Hah, Gen I sleep with a 4 foot steel hollow pole for defense. And I agree, any man that would sit there and watch doesnt deserve it.
inferno_dragon377

Although... I have to assume that Valkrane wanted that to happen... doesn't seem like she fought back too hard LOL!!!!
GenericIndigo

by sshenry
[QUOTE=GenericIndigo;703540]sshenry -- why do you sensor your words when you know we're just going to fill in the blanks with "fuck" "fuck" "fuck" -- I almost feel like you're insulting my intelligence by not spelling out the entire word.[/QUOTE]

Force of habit - having kids will do that to you (ever see the Bill Cosby clip on Parenting?)

I can't control what they hear outside of the house - but while they were small IN the house was a cuss-free zone. When they got to middle school (6th grade) they received their cussing permit - which allowed them to cuss at home as long as it was germaine to the situation (and made sense). Until they hit high school and got their (home) cussing license we kept the house cuss free. *shrugs* it worked for us. The teachers at the school thought it was amazing. Regarding my oldest her science teacher once told me that on being insulted by a gaggle of kids in her class she "promptly told them to fuck off without ever once using a swear word and yet insulted their intelligence more because they didn't have a clue what she was talking about."
sshenry

[QUOTE=sshenry;703592]they received their cussing permit - which allowed them to cuss at home as long as it was germaine to the situation (and made sense). Until they hit high school and got their (home) cussing license we kept the house cuss free.[/QUOTE]

that's interesting, seems like you run a pretty fair household. similar to how I was raised. my mom, since she works for me now and I cuss at our company meetings but no one ever checks me, she put a jar and we're supposed to drop $5 in it every time we say "fuck." that shut me up right away and I'm 27.
GenericIndigo

by sshenry
[QUOTE=GenericIndigo;703627] my mom, since she works for me now [/QUOTE] LOL - at least now she's getting paid :D
sshenry

by pebble
when you dream, you do not have the constraints of waking life. Your female side only has the insecurities in waking, in the dream the female side is called to be dominant. I think your warrior woman is awake up, aware fear has her by the foot and wants you to conscionsiously join the fight.
[QUOTE=Valkrane;703556]I don't know if this matters, but it was actually me spooning him. We weren't in the traditional man behind the woman spoon position, I was laying behind him with my arm draped over him. When I saw the camera guy come in the room, I was looking over his shoulder. It's hard to explain exactly... But it was so vivid.

THis is an interesting interpretation... I didn't even occur to me that what is going on here is an inner battle tahter then me fighting against some outer force.[/QUOTE]
pebble

Return to index page Dreams & Divination