toothpaste

General Open Discussion for topics not covered anywhere else.
toothpaste «  » by sean keyes
i,ve never thought about this as it does not make up my world, lol

but the other night i was saying to my wife, its mad the way the toothpaste always burns your tongue as i was thinking that its the same for everyone,
but she said that it does,nt burn her tongue

does toothpaste burn your tongue, does any one know why its burning my tongue and noit emma.s , i just though this was the way it was , so it never bothered me,

still does,nt but now i,m curious
sean keyes

«  » by Jeannie
Burns mine too, makes it hard to brush my teeth, does a good job of waking me up...lol. Maybe we should try using toothpaste for sensitive teeth?

Jeannie

«  » by inferno_dragon377
I use a very soft toothbrush from my dentist and colgate total. It doesnt burn really. Although I must say the first thought that came to my mind when I saw the threads title was Lewis Black's take on Sunblock.
inferno_dragon377

«  » by sean keyes
[video=youtube;OojsLDYr7RY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OojsLDYr7RY[/video]
sean keyes

«  » by Amethyst
I use aloe vera toothpaste (also has green tea extract, tea tree oil, peppermint and menthol), and I find it's more gentle in the mouth that the standard white ones, like colgate. I just put some in my mouth, it has a stingy, cool, feel, similar to mints.
Amethyst

«  » by inner indigo
Burns mine too

How is it even remotely possible that you have 3 replies in here and 0 views? lol
inner indigo

«  » by inferno_dragon377
The rate at which it calculates the views. It will update shortly.
inferno_dragon377

«  » by sean keyes
its the toothpaste , its after me or else the magic lol
sean keyes

«  » by Grandma Lola
There are detergents in many brands of toothpaste that are used for cleaning just like in your shampoo and laundry soap. Your tongue cannot take these detergents like your hair and clothing can. I believe it is the toothpaste that you use...your tongue is just more sensitive than emma's to it.

Try brushing with baking soda instead....just make a paste of a little baking soda and some warm water...use a soft brush always on your teeth and gums and see if that makes a difference. Also if there are a lot of microrganisms on your tongue that will "react" more with the detergent in the paste and cause more of a reaction in your mouth. If you can tolerate it rinse your mouth with hydrogen peroxide. It is safe to do this for a short amount of time to kill a large amount of germs.....but don't do this for more than a few days as it can kill the natural flora in your mouth with too much use.

And always floss...more of the germs hide inbetween the teeth than we realize. I floss and rinse even if I cannot brush at the time. I have been to a dentist about 3 times in the past 15 years for cleanings but haven't had any problems with cavities or mouth problems at all since I have been brushing and flossing 3 times a day and before I go to bed.

Keep your teeth people! I've seen too many laying in cups at the bedside of my nursing home patients and it affects their health greatly.
Grandma Lola

«  » by h0bby1
it depends,some of them burn my tongue and cheek too :) there are some stronger than other, my mother use a tooth paste that look more natural, it tastes odd, it is not menthol thing, but it doesn't burn my tongue, i guess there are some stronger than other, i take them a bit randomly generally lol i look if there are bio thing or stuff like this, but some are really harsh too it depend =)
h0bby1

«  » by SecretAgentMan
I usually brush mine once a day, maybe go 3 or 4 days without brushing and then 2 or 3 with, way it seems to work. Some people think that's disgusting! :D

But it's important to brush, my brother had to have a tooth pulled recently. My mother has false teeth and father is missing about 5 or 6.

On the plus side I had a grandfather who never brushed his teeth in his life and only lost 1 I think. They were very yellow but strong. :)

Toothpaste depending on the kind stings a little bit but I wouldn't say it's too bad.
SecretAgentMan

«  » by Tza 3DP
I dont use Flouride-based toothpastes anymore. Flouride is NOT gd for ue teeth. If we look at the besst dental records in the world they cum from scandinavia- an they hav BANNED flouride! loool Interesting as 2 y others dont... :)

My tongue duz burn often tho, unless using a baking soda based toothpaste.
Tza 3DP

«  » by climbing
I would never use any toothpaste, let alone a mainstream one. The mainstream ones are ridiculously bad for you, contain fluoride and other nasty stuff. Even the "natural" ones contain glycerin, which coats the teeth and prevents remineralization. This is a truth I have now proved to myself from going off toothpaste and healing my teeth, which were in very bad shape before. I healed my cavities AND regrew my enamel, something dentists say is "not possible".

So yeah, stay far away from toothpaste, especially if it burns your mouth.
climbing

«  » by Jeannie
Do tell more, details please. How do you care for your teeth? What do you use? How did you regrow enamel? Can we make them grow, mine appear to have been worn down.

I thought the title was something like Sunscreen too...lol My kids brought it home one day and let me hear it.
Jeannie

«  » by climbing
I use ground herbs to clean my teeth. Dr. Christopher tooth powder, to be exact. There are other powders out there.
Have you ever heard of oil pulling? That is also something to look into. It helps, but overall what healed my teeth was going on a mostly raw (alkaline)diet, eliminating fluoride, stopping toothpaste, and oil pulling.
climbing

«  » by Amethyst
Tza 3DP wrote:I dont use Flouride-based toothpastes anymore. Flouride is NOT gd for ue teeth. If we look at the besst dental records in the world they cum from scandinavia- an they hav BANNED flouride! loool Interesting as 2 y others dont... :)

My tongue duz burn often tho, unless using a baking soda based toothpaste.

My father has strong teeth, all of his own teeth, and he doesn't use toothpaste at all. He does seem to have a few holes though, not bad at 60 years old (and concidering that he loves icecream so much!).

It seems that some people naturally have stronger teeth than others.

I don't use toothpaste with flouride in it, though I used to (then I learned about flouride, and switched to flouride free natural toothpaste).
Amethyst

«  » by FireFlyNside
Amethyst wrote:My father has strong teeth, all of his own teeth, and he doesn't use toothpaste at all. He does seem to have a few holes though, not bad at 60 years old (and concidering that he loves icecream so much!).

It seems that some people naturally have stronger teeth than others.

I don't use toothpaste with flouride in it, though I used to (then I learned about flouride, and switched to flouride free natural toothpaste).

I stopped using toothpaste with fluoride quite some time ago. I had read in several different books that fluoride crystalizes the pineal gland. Which isn't good. :) I use Toms now.
I also realized that fluoride is put into tap water and some bottled water so I try to avoid that also.
FireFlyNside

«  » by climbing
Yeah, it's amazing the transformation your pineal gland goes through when you get off the fluoridated water.
climbing

«  » by FireFlyNside
climbing wrote:Yeah, it's amazing the transformation your pineal gland goes through when you get off the fluoridated water.

What water do you drink? I usually try to stick to Fiji when I'm in the US but I'm in mexico right now so I'm lucky to get water without something much worse than fluoride in it, lol. We have a spanish version of evian at the moment. :/
FireFlyNside

Return to index page Indigo Cafe