Old Soul
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 774
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Level
    Thanks

palo azul tea =)

haha this is awesome my brother just bought this plant thing called "palo azul" he's just made tea with it, I researched a bit bout it, says its a medicinal plant and that it is good for a lot of things, but I was wondering though, since the freakin tea is crazy and the water is blue hahaha if anyone knows what this plant or this thing is for? its actually not the plant in itself its wood from the tree... here's a picture...

This ad goes away when you register.

I wanna drink some so I wanna know if anyone knows what it's good for ???

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 253
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class5000 Experience Points
    Eugene, Oregon Originally From ...... Grundy, Virginia
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cerise333 View Post
    haha this is awesome my brother just bought this plant thing called "palo azul" he's just made tea with it, I researched a bit bout it, says its a medicinal plant and that it is good for a lot of things, but I was wondering though, since the freakin tea is crazy and the water is blue hahaha if anyone knows what this plant or this thing is for? its actually not the plant in itself its wood from the tree... here's a picture...

I wanna drink some so I wanna know if anyone knows what it's good for ???
    You forget the PIC????
    Never mind, I don't know why my computer does that, sometimes it takes days to load a pic in here.
    ~*Jeannie*~
    Hidden Content

Old Soul
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    wow this tea is DE-LI-CIOUS! Im gonna post a picture on how it looks like for you guys later on today =) ITS SOOO GOOD =) you just add some sugar n its so sweet , like seriously the best tea I've ever had ...ever!!! ^-^

Global Forum Caretaker
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 761
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,033 Times in 3,884 Posts
    its a diuretic (kidney/bladder) very well known in mexico. you're using the bark.
    !soil first! every garden is an experiment no experiment is a failure
    ------------------------------------** Hidden Content eat lots of salad! Hidden Content **-----------------------------------

Old Soul
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rabana View Post
    its a diuretic (kidney/bladder) very well known in mexico. you're using the bark.
    yup I know haha thnx also I got some info later on said it was a good anti inflammatory and other stuff... here's a pic...

here:

"Esta planta medicinal, el palo azul, se utiliza como antinflamatorio en casos de reumatismo, artritis, lumbalgia, ciática y para aliviar dolores en las articulaciones típicos de estas enfermedades." there its in spanish but I know u can read spanish =P

http://www.otramedicina.com/2010/05/...nal-palo-azul/
    Last edited by cerise333; 02-19-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Old Soul
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    apparently it also helps with kidney stones n the like as well, artritis? how do u say that in english? uhm... for joint pains n stuff

Indigo Member
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    osteoarthritis, old people get that...
    I guess its not a very common thing to find "palo azul" ?

Global Forum Caretaker
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    its a common medicinal herb in mexico. it doesn't grow here but you can buy it.

where i am its only known as a kidney/bladder thing. i didn't know about the other. think i'll try it out one of these days...
    ------------------------------------** Hidden Content eat lots of salad! Hidden Content **-----------------------------------

Indigo Newbie
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1 year registered1 year registered1000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Where to get the palo azul tea?

I'm looking for some organic palo azul bark to make the tea. also would love a plant or seeding!
    does anyone know of a good source? cerise333, i wonder where your brother got it?

Global Forum Caretaker
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    cerise lives in mexico. so do i and its a fairly common medicinal herb. but look it up-- it may be available online.

oh hell-- here's an article. apparently it will get you by a drug test and is used for magick. if there is a mexican community where you live check the botanicas (herb shops).

Palo Azul Herb Plant

Overview

Palo azul is the more common name for Eysenhardtia polystachya, a shrub or tree of the Fabiaceae or legume family, which is native to northern and central Mexico and Arizona. It is deciduous and grows from 3 to 20 feet, depending on location. The young branches are covered with fine hairs and the foliage features compound, paired leaflets in groups of two to four. In spring 3-inch flower spikes appear with clusters of fragrant, white blossoms, which are followed by 3-inch long seedpods. Palo azul is of medicinal and ethnobotanical, or cultural, importance.

History

Palo azul has been known for centuries. Sixteenth century Mexican scholar, Martin de la Cruz, described palo azul as a hiccup treatment. In the same century, scholar Francisco Hernandez prescribed the plant for a number of inflammatory and digestive ailments. Still another authority, 18th century writer, Juan de Esteyneffer, suggested that palo azul be used as a diuretic and remedy for kidney disease. In the 19th century, writers for the Mexican Society of Natural History described the plant's traditional use as a diuretic.

Palo azul is also known as kidneywood, palo dulce and palo santo. Palo azul means "blue stick" in Spanish, possibly as a reference to the blue dye obtained from its wood. Palo dulce means "sweet stick" and palo santo translates as "holy stick." The name kidneywood refers to the plant's purported medicinal properties. Other Eysenhardtia species are also known as kidneywood.

Traditional Medicinal Use

Palo azul was used as a traditional Mexican remedy for kidney problems, such as bloody urine and kidney stones. It was consumed in the form of a tea brewed from the plant's leaves and stems.The same tea was used to prevent miscarriages.The flowers of palo azul were combined with other flowers, including elder flowers, to make an extract given to children to treat diarrhea. A bark infusion was sometimes used for contraception. Preparations made from palo azul plant parts were taken internally to treat diabetes and applied externally to cleanse wounds and wash out the eyes.

Culture

Palo azul is an excellent landscape plant, especially for xeriscape or dry garden situations. It can be propagated by seeds or softwood cuttings that are collected in the fall. The trees occur naturally in dry, rocky soil and should be planted in locations with excellent drainage. Water until established; afterwards, minimal irrigation should be necessary. For xeriscape landscaping, group palo azul trees with other plants that have low water needs.
    Habitat Plants

Members of the Eysenhardtia or kidneywood family, have been used as a food source for browsing cattle, sheep and goats. They are also attractive to deer. The fragrant white flowers are an excellent source of nectar for honey bees and attract butterflies as well. Kidneywood is also the larval food of the dogface butterfly.

Read more: Palo Azul Herb Plant | Garden Guides http://www.gardenguides.com/130912-p...#ixzz1iFins0yS

Indigo Newbie
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

system cleaner

Palo azul is a mexican plant that it's bark is used to make tea and people here in america use is to pass a drug test. you boil it in a gallon of water, and drink the gallon throughout the day two days before your ua. drink nothing but water until then and youre good to go. people have been using it for years on parole and probation and pass everytime. just more info.