This is exactly the kind of thread I was looking for!
Ok, so next week on friday evening, I will being attending a ghost hunt at Mansfield Reformatory in Mansfield, Ohio. I'm totally psyched for the hunt, and hae been waiting for six months for it! For those who have never heard of it (which is probably most of you) its an old penitentiary/state prison built in 1834 and the facility was closed down permanatly in 1984. It sat in disrepair until the mid 90's when a historical society saved it from demolition and started doing tours. Much of it is still in shambles, but still traversable and mostly safe. The movie Shawshank Redemption was filmed at Mansfield Reformatory. Many televised ghost hunts have taken place there and found evidence of hauntings. Heres a link:http://http://www.mrps.org/
for anyone intrested.
So here are all my questions, since I am mostly inexperienced in psychic protection, and I know I will need it. I intend on taking time all next week to prepare myself with shields and mental blocking for any psychic attacks or even attachments. I know there will be spirits there will bad intent (although I found no accounts of anyone in a previous hunt being severely attacked or anything. This trip is all for fun and investigation, but I want to go into it as safe as possible. I'm one to think reckless abandon is slightly silly; caution is more my suit. I hope all of the techniques that have been discussed in this thread are applicable to my situation.
So here goes!
1) Whats the best defense and offense? I think I can make a shield and probably have been shielding without knowing it, since after reading this thread, I'm pretty sure one of my co-workers is an energy vampire/manipulator.
2) How can I tell I'm actually being attacked? I can feel spirits sometimes, but have become accustomed to the ones that I'm around all the time and dont really notice them too much anymore. I can really feel them if I'm in their 'space,' but they dont do much because I think they have become used to us too (we have two confirmed spirits where I work ).
3) What is the best way to prepare myself before going into this? It feels right that I should wear some sort of amulet or something that means a lot to me and holds a lot of my energy, such a necklace or token. I have a piece of amethyst that I thought of wearing, and I read earlier in the thread that I shoud infuse energy and protection into it.
4) How can I keep from something attaching itself to me and how can I tell if it does? I know its possible, and I really dont want this to happen. Hopefully someone can answer this.
5) I know what many of you will say about this. The friends I am going with probably wont do any sort of psychic protection, and will laugh if I mention it ahead of time. Is there any way to protect them too? My boyfriend will be with me, and I dont want him to suffer any of the possible attacks or attachments. I live with him too, so anything he possibly brings home we will both have to deal with. Can I place a shield on him? I've read all the signs of psychic attack and energy sapping, and I dont want any of my friends to be victim of this, so I want to try to protect them as much as possible. I already know what some of you will say: dont let it focus its attention on me if its not already, and dont wasted my energy. I'll do my best not to. One of my friends/coworkers may be a little more aggressive in her investigations. I say this because she wanted to bring a quija board into our workplace and see if we could contact anything. I of course flat out refused and wanted nothing to do with it. I just want her to be safe because she may not realize shes being attacked.
6) I dont know too much about chakras and auras yet, so is there a way to close down my aura (I read how to do this earlier) to stay less noticable but still keep my spirit sensing whiskers out? I ask this because everywhere I go I seem find ghosts. My friends say they are attracted to me. Actually, I think my entire family draws them in. As long as I can remember, I've heard stories of expiriences everyone has had, and I'm constantly hearing new ones. I dont want the wrong kind of attraction and attention.
And on a completly diffrent note (my curiosity has been piqued), how do I tell if I have guardian and how do I contact it/him/her?
I think thats all for now...
Thanks in advance! I'm a novice in most areas of being an Indigo and psychic, and I have so many questions and so much to learn. I'm so grateful to have found IS; its answered tons of questions already!