Psychic Self Defence

The Psychic Phenomenon; a place to discuss the bizarre of psychic experiences and theories. Deja Vu, Telekenesis, Sight, etc.
" wrote:Can we please turn this back into a psychic defense thread? SAM, just because the 4th plane shouldn't be a mental war zone as Aquarian adequately put, doesn't mean that beings respect this notion.

Please start seeing things a bit more complexly.

As for everyone else, please stop feeding this argument. It really is pointless and a bit tiring.

Point Cusp, I don't want to have to make a list of rules & regulations for posting in this thread, cos that's lame and frankly I can't be bothered :D Let's just keep it sensible people, ok?
Only posts about the offensive/ defensive measures of psi abilities are kosher. Anything (Like arguing) is not, so I'd like it if everyone stayed within those guidelines.

" wrote:For both of those, I had to fight back more aggressively. In both of those cases, I was able to predetermine what image I would place for a weapon - in one it was a pipe, in the other the image of a large needle - and when the attack came again, the weapon was there.

Oddly enough, my most common weapon is a broom and me sweeping anything or anyone I don't want out the door, then closing the door behind it.

Simply put, I was taught K.I.S.S. a long time ago. The defense doesn't have to be fancy, just firm.

Images are always effective from my experience. Combining them with certain sensations can get quite a result :)
What's K.I.S.S? I guess your not referring to that glam rock travesty :p
Spyder

Blogs: 3

Keep It Simple Simon = KISS

yes good point.
simple is good.
leila

Blogs: 9

Harvester,
What could be simpler than the intention to "get-out-of-here" via a broom.
Lv it
be in harmony,
walk in beauty
Psychic Child

Blogs: 19

How badly can someone get hurt if they don't try to protect themselves? Like, a worst-case-scenario thing. What's the likely damage from a psychic attack?

I just don't know. I would rather not find out (if it did happen to me, I would get ritual on their arse).
cjmax02

Blogs: 26

Depends on the attack, the damage can be extreme to put it mildly.

it really depends on what the attacker is trying to do

for example, done properly draining as an attack, can destroy one or more chakra's
though that normally takes some time and repeated drainings.
Lelitu

well, the oracle says that the only chakra destruction possible is in the Naruto universe. So I'm skeptical of that.
cjmax02

It can create much confusion which can potentially lead to anxiety and other nervous disorders. It can eventually lead to a break down. On the flip side it will open up your awareness and forgotten abilities which can make you much stronger. If you can endure the attacks and come out on top you'll be a better person.

Most of us are in these types situations daily without being aware. I have to dodge negative intentions multiple times a day at work. Sometimes I fail and engage. In the end, if you engage, everyone involved always end up the loser. If you come at as an attack you feed it power. If the idea of defending arises then you validate its potential to harm you. In that way they are all simply suggestions attempting to turn yourself on yourself.

No one holds authority in your mind over yourself.
Everything is ok

Blogs: 9

" wrote: In the end, if you engage, everyone involved always end up the loser. If you come at as an attack you feed it power. If the idea of defending arises then you validate its potential to harm you.

that's what I thought.
cjmax02

" wrote:How badly can someone get hurt if they don't try to protect themselves? Like, a worst-case-scenario thing. What's the likely damage from a psychic attack?

I just don't know. I would rather not find out (if it did happen to me, I would get ritual on their arse).

Actually I think I can answer this. The psychic rape resulted in my having a tumor appear within one month of the attack and each time it was increasingly severe. Worst case scenarios is that there are sometimes physical manifestations.
Harvester

eeeeek!
cjmax02

This is exactly the kind of thread I was looking for!

Ok, so next week on friday evening, I will being attending a ghost hunt at Mansfield Reformatory in Mansfield, Ohio. I'm totally psyched for the hunt, and hae been waiting for six months for it! For those who have never heard of it (which is probably most of you) its an old penitentiary/state prison built in 1834 and the facility was closed down permanatly in 1984. It sat in disrepair until the mid 90's when a historical society saved it from demolition and started doing tours. Much of it is still in shambles, but still traversable and mostly safe. The movie Shawshank Redemption was filmed at Mansfield Reformatory. Many televised ghost hunts have taken place there and found evidence of hauntings. Heres a link:http://http://www.mrps.org/ for anyone intrested.

So here are all my questions, since I am mostly inexperienced in psychic protection, and I know I will need it. I intend on taking time all next week to prepare myself with shields and mental blocking for any psychic attacks or even attachments. I know there will be spirits there will bad intent (although I found no accounts of anyone in a previous hunt being severely attacked or anything. This trip is all for fun and investigation, but I want to go into it as safe as possible. I'm one to think reckless abandon is slightly silly; caution is more my suit. I hope all of the techniques that have been discussed in this thread are applicable to my situation.

So here goes!

1) Whats the best defense and offense? I think I can make a shield and probably have been shielding without knowing it, since after reading this thread, I'm pretty sure one of my co-workers is an energy vampire/manipulator.

2) How can I tell I'm actually being attacked? I can feel spirits sometimes, but have become accustomed to the ones that I'm around all the time and dont really notice them too much anymore. I can really feel them if I'm in their 'space,' but they dont do much because I think they have become used to us too (we have two confirmed spirits where I work ).

3) What is the best way to prepare myself before going into this? It feels right that I should wear some sort of amulet or something that means a lot to me and holds a lot of my energy, such a necklace or token. I have a piece of amethyst that I thought of wearing, and I read earlier in the thread that I shoud infuse energy and protection into it.

4) How can I keep from something attaching itself to me and how can I tell if it does? I know its possible, and I really dont want this to happen. Hopefully someone can answer this.

5) I know what many of you will say about this. The friends I am going with probably wont do any sort of psychic protection, and will laugh if I mention it ahead of time. Is there any way to protect them too? My boyfriend will be with me, and I dont want him to suffer any of the possible attacks or attachments. I live with him too, so anything he possibly brings home we will both have to deal with. Can I place a shield on him? I've read all the signs of psychic attack and energy sapping, and I dont want any of my friends to be victim of this, so I want to try to protect them as much as possible. I already know what some of you will say: dont let it focus its attention on me if its not already, and dont wasted my energy. I'll do my best not to. One of my friends/coworkers may be a little more aggressive in her investigations. I say this because she wanted to bring a quija board into our workplace and see if we could contact anything. I of course flat out refused and wanted nothing to do with it. I just want her to be safe because she may not realize shes being attacked.

6) I dont know too much about chakras and auras yet, so is there a way to close down my aura (I read how to do this earlier) to stay less noticable but still keep my spirit sensing whiskers out? I ask this because everywhere I go I seem find ghosts. My friends say they are attracted to me. Actually, I think my entire family draws them in. As long as I can remember, I've heard stories of expiriences everyone has had, and I'm constantly hearing new ones. I dont want the wrong kind of attraction and attention.

And on a completly diffrent note (my curiosity has been piqued), how do I tell if I have guardian and how do I contact it/him/her?

I think thats all for now...

Thanks in advance! I'm a novice in most areas of being an Indigo and psychic, and I have so many questions and so much to learn. I'm so grateful to have found IS; its answered tons of questions already!
Mogget03

" wrote:1) Whats the best defense and offense? I think I can make a shield and probably have been shielding without knowing it, since after reading this thread, I'm pretty sure one of my co-workers is an energy vampire/manipulator.

Personally I think the best defense is a good offense, but not everyone likes that approach. :p Just stick with whatever you're most comfortable with, no need to get overly fancy or technical with it.

2) How can I tell I'm actually being attacked? I can feel spirits sometimes, but have become accustomed to the ones that I'm around all the time and dont really notice them too much anymore. I can really feel them if I'm in their 'space,' but they dont do much because I think they have become used to us too (we have two confirmed spirits where I work ).

One of those things you have to experience for yourself. If you'd rather not do that, just prepare a shield in advance. Should keep most stuff out.

3) What is the best way to prepare myself before going into this? It feels right that I should wear some sort of amulet or something that means a lot to me and holds a lot of my energy, such a necklace or token. I have a piece of amethyst that I thought of wearing, and I read earlier in the thread that I shoud infuse energy and protection into it.

Charged jewelry is great for situations like this. Just meditate with it and visualize the energy and intent attaching to the stone and that's really all there is to it.

4) How can I keep from something attaching itself to me and how can I tell if it does? I know its possible, and I really dont want this to happen. Hopefully someone can answer this.

Just shielding really. If you feel like something has followed you back try just cleansing the area.

5) I know what many of you will say about this. The friends I am going with probably wont do any sort of psychic protection, and will laugh if I mention it ahead of time. Is there any way to protect them too? My boyfriend will be with me, and I dont want him to suffer any of the possible attacks or attachments. I live with him too, so anything he possibly brings home we will both have to deal with. Can I place a shield on him? I've read all the signs of psychic attack and energy sapping, and I dont want any of my friends to be victim of this, so I want to try to protect them as much as possible. I already know what some of you will say: dont let it focus its attention on me if its not already, and dont wasted my energy. I'll do my best not to. One of my friends/coworkers may be a little more aggressive in her investigations. I say this because she wanted to bring a quija board into our workplace and see if we could contact anything. I of course flat out refused and wanted nothing to do with it. I just want her to be safe because she may not realize shes being attacked.

You can shield other people easily, just have to visualize your current one encompassing them as well. Ouija board on an investigation does sound like fun though.

6) I dont know too much about chakras and auras yet, so is there a way to close down my aura (I read how to do this earlier) to stay less noticable but still keep my spirit sensing whiskers out? I ask this because everywhere I go I seem find ghosts. My friends say they are attracted to me. Actually, I think my entire family draws them in. As long as I can remember, I've heard stories of expiriences everyone has had, and I'm constantly hearing new ones. I dont want the wrong kind of attraction and attention.

Here's where ninja skills come in handy. Just practice blending in to the energy of the area. You'll be practically invisible unless you draw too much attention to yourself.

And on a completly diffrent note (my curiosity has been piqued), how do I tell if I have guardian and how do I contact it/him/her?

Just ask I guess.
Sephish

Blogs: 57

1) Whats the best defense and offense? I think I can make a shield and probably have been shielding without knowing it, since after reading this thread, I'm pretty sure one of my co-workers is an energy vampire/manipulator.

A good strong shield is an essential basic imo. Good to know that you've been doing it already, I might add that consciously working on your shield will greatly improve on your natural defences. Work on adding some different reactions for it. A fire shield is rather effective for anything trying to get a psychic tendril in you, while mirrors are very effective for negative energy attacks.
For offensive countermeasures, it rather depends on what your dealing with. E.g with humans a pain barb is rather effective.
And on the topic of vamps, they can be nice people, just don't let them drain you unless your willing to share some energy.

Believe me, you'll know. A psychic attack can have all sorts of symptoms, entities trying to get inside will create the feeling of pressure on the top of your head, on the crown chakra. Other symptoms can be feeling an itching burning sensation on your skin, or stabbing pains on particular points. It all depends on the nature of the attack. The underlying thing is that you'll feel like your being attacked....

Protective charms are rather useful, cos they don't have to be activly maintained (although they will fade in time, and will need to be touched up), especially if your attention is diverted like I would expect it would be on a ghost hunt. I think the amethyst would bbe good for holding a charge, and also they are rather good for your third eye, should help spotting ghosts :cool:

If a spirit decides to follow you around, you should first off start by asking it to leave, politely. If that doesn't work I think a banishing ritual would be a good idea, personally I'd start throwing energy balls at it until it's had enough :D

What kind of cowboys are you doing this with?!?! I'd suggest making charms for them all, like for example if your bf wears a watch, put one on that. He doesn't need to know :D
The same kind of thing might be a good idea for the others, just put protective charms on their personal effects. I think trying to activly shield them all might be a bit of a strain....
But for you, and their safety, do a little "safety talk" before you go and start poking around. If they're open minded enough to want to do a ghost hunt then they really should listen to this. If they laugh at you then remind them that it's for their own protection, and it's their damn fault if they get a nice little backseat rider in their minds for not listening :p

You can cloak yourself, it takes a bit of practice, but is doable. Like Seph said, if you let yourself feel like the rest of your surroundings, and there is also a thing you can do to your energy, but I've only just figured it out myself, so I can't really explain it quite yet.

One thing I like to do is meditate and create a "safe space" to meet them in. Can be anything you like,just ask them to come meet you there and they will
Spyder

I wouldn't take advise from this guy he already admitted some weeks back that someone got inside his shield :D
SecretAgentMan

Blogs: 2

" wrote:I wouldn't take advise from this guy he already admitted some weeks back that someone got inside his shield :D

SAM, c'mon. what is the point with such blatent trolls like this? And on that matter, I was drunk, so it's kind of hard to keep up a decent sheild when your half way through a crate of beer,heh, good times :cool:
Spyder

Just sayin that it's best to get advise from someone whose shield has been secure all the time.
SecretAgentMan

Mine is the whole time I'm sobre, and 99.99% of the time I'm wasted. A minor slip up, that only latest for a split second. Now bugger off unless you have something helpful to say instead of trying to antagonise me like you clearly are.
Spyder

I don't think you ever got around to giving adivse on offensive techniques as you mentioned in your opening post? Care to enlighten? :)
SecretAgentMan

Already have done :p Read again my friend :D
Spyder

hmmm, I don't think it would be worth going through 11 pages would it.... hmmm, not likely :D
SecretAgentMan