anyone watch the series dexter ?

General Open Discussion for topics not covered anywhere else.
anyone watch the series dexter ? «  » by h0bby1
i watched the first season of this series, it is a kind of serial killer movie, but the characters are somewhat interesting, i don't watch this kind of thing usually, but my sister was watching it, the first scene a bit freaked me out, but in fact you never see the ppl being killed, and the psychology of the whole series is quite interesting :) i was wondering if other ppl watched it =)
h0bby1

«  » by Grandma Lola
We are all hooked on it in this house! We've seen the last 3 seasons...need to rent the first ones.
Grandma Lola

«  » by h0bby1
usually i don't watch movies like this, but she was about to watch it, she told me it was a good series, at first i saw the first scene i didn't want to watch it with the body cut in part without blood, plus we were about to eat lol but in fact i watched the whole season in two day lol some time ago my sister was watching malcom X, and i told they were all crazy in this familly, and she told me that she like seris with dysfunctional famillies, she watch also weed ,deseperate housewife, malcom x, dexter , it is clear only movies with dysfunctional famillies, but dexter they are totally psycho lol

in fact i wanted to watch cause at first cause it reminded me of beautifullmind with the repressed memories lol dexter's wife reminded me of her lol and lot of thing he tell about himself totally sounded true for me it was scary, there is probably lot of code in this movie i watched the whole season yesterday i didn't have time to process it totally yet, already only the thing with having to wear a mask and things like this, how many ppl on this forum told they were doing this, and at some point he go to see a psychanalist, and he told him that he want to keep control on things too much, and he was keeping ppl at distance, and that he was scared that ppl get too intimate with him, i do this a lot too, i told it even before on the other forum that i didn't like ppl to trust me or such, and i'm a bit anti pathic sometime to avoid that ppl get too intimate with me, and the relation he has with his sister also looked a bit like the on i have with my sister, at some point her sister tell him that it was she didn't even knew him, just after i joined IS , i told my sis about it, she got interested in the aura and empathy thing, now she ask me to tell teh color of her boyfriends and what i read because i'm good at it, and she told me it was true it was hard to know what i think generally, it is clear i tend to like to control ppl around me and to keep a certain distance with ppl it is odd =) how he is also super analytical and unemotional, and when he has some kind of flash sometime that disturb his concentration, or make him want to be alone, i found this also familliar how sometime he find 1000 excuse to remain alone and how sometime he doesn't like to be surrounded by ppl, and he like to be alone =)

i liked also how they depict the police as a bunch of psycho who are as psycho as serial killers lol and the powermonger chief who doesn't give a fuck about the situation and barely put a foot in the police station, with bazooka and angel lol

i don't think i will watch other seasons, but it is clear i liked this season, well it is a bit dark somewhere lol i watched only dark movies recently =) i need to watch more soap operah sometime =)=) but the plot is well done, the characters are funny, and there is not too much violence in fact, even if some scenes are bloody =)
h0bby1

«  » by Grandma Lola
I know what you mean. I was really surprised when I first saw it and realized what it was about...but by then I was already hooked lol. I don't usually watch things like this or really much on tv at all if it isn't sports but I would tape it if I wasn't going to be home for Dexter. I think that there is such a psychological aspect to it that it taps something inside of you that helps you understand this Dexter character. He's kind of lovable actually... I think his sister is a nut case though...she really has more problems than Dexter haha....it's just that he kills people. But his motives are good :).....lol

And I agree that it shows some of the darker aspects of the police too.
Grandma Lola