Thread: Why some people cant see the truth?

Indigo Rookie
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album picturesTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Question Why some people cant see the truth?

I wonder, why some people are blind (metaphorically)? Not the thing that they don't want to know the truth, but they simply ignore even the possibility of it (even while having nothing against it)? Why people who know that they are blind, and when having a choice to be freed, choose to stay in chains (again having nothing against truth, and even when preferring it more)? Why people choose to go back in evolutionary scale and become even more primitive rather than evolve their minds, bodies and souls? Why people don't stop to think why one thing turned out the way it is, and did they missed something? Why people are jumping to conclusions even if factual evidence show that their conclusions are wrong? Why people more prefer to feel emotionally bad, rather than mentally satisfied?..

P.S. No, I'm not saying that everyone is like that, but my personal statistics show that most of the humanity is this way (and I mean most most - only few individuals are exceptions)... So I'm asking: why?.. WHY???

This ad goes away when you register.
    Last edited by KTON; 06-14-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Old Soul
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,590 Times in 2,797 Posts
    well, if you think about it, truth is subjective. What is true for one person is not going to be true for another - it's going to depend on their perception as well as where they are on their own personal journey. Perhaps this is where they need to be at this particular moment in time.

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”
    ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranVeteranTagger Second Class
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sshenry View Post
    Perhaps this is where they need to be at this particular moment in time.
    this is true for some...but then there are others who Never 'wake up' in their lifetime....and you know what? half of those live perfectly happy content lives....

ignorance Is bliss sometimes
    Not everything can be known. Not everything needs to be known. Miracles arise from the acceptation of the mysterious unknown

Old Soul
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaher View Post
    this is true for some...but then there are others who Never 'wake up' in their lifetime....and you know what? half of those live perfectly happy content lives....

ignorance Is bliss sometimes
    I was thinking of "this moment in time" as being this particular lifetime - you know, they're here to experience THIS. Being human, normal, etc. Not time to experience waking up yet. Maybe next lifetime

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    SocialSocial1 year registered1 year registeredCreated Blog entry

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sshenry View Post
    well, if you think about it, truth is subjective. What is true for one person is not going to be true for another - it's going to depend on their perception as well as where they are on their own personal journey. Perhaps this is where they need to be at this particular moment in time.
    This sounds familiar...

Old Soul
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyArae View Post
    This sounds familiar...

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    . . .

Old Soul
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialYour first GroupYour first GroupRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,269 Times in 1,549 Posts
    what's that old saying..."there are none so blind as those who would not see"
    ~a whisper~

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pebble For This Useful Post:

KTON (06-15-2011)

Banned
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 932
    Achievements:

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 901 Posts
    truth hurts
    like allegory of the cave
    they didn't want to know that what they have known there whole lives is false and have not seen real light

Banned
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 854 Posts
    Sometimes it's easier to see a rabbits tail a mile away than a shark under your nose, just thought I would throw this random comment out there

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SecretAgentMan For This Useful Post:

pebble (06-16-2011), tmt (06-17-2011)

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 277
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1 year registered1 year registered1000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    I think that people who are "blind" to truth have turned against their Creator is some way or another and the Creator in turn has given them over to blindness. ~sources Scriptures~

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    ^^Well that's rather negative don't you think? A punishment for human emotions? Humans are human, contrary to popular belief around here and conspiracy nuts.

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialYour first GroupYour first GroupVeteran
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 655 Posts
    The poetry of life and death lie within the process.

Banned
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Achievements:

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    "A man that knows something, knows that he knows nothing at all."

And ultimately fear is a prison. It takes a lot of courage to accept things that you don't understand/are afraid of.

Old Soul
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 467
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialRecommendation Second ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,355 Times in 2,499 Posts
    Society has a way of building conformity and community. Community has a way of homogenizing the individual needs, wants, goals, etc. into a general blanket of comfort or feeding trough of nurture. Once a person has become assimilated ("one of us") there is a 'time and place' for behaviors to be considered acceptable. I mean, if you work in an office, you don't toss your wife down on top of the desk and get busy, no no. If you work from home, well, the standards are different.

The point is essentially, people in general, have layers of acceptable behavior. Perhaps the fellow next to you at your office at your coma-pany is not diligently studying the tps report, perhaps he is thinking about tossing his wife down on his desk. Thats acceptable behavior because he's not sharing it with everyone else. One never knows what another is acuity thinking. Sometimes even the person them self; may not admit on the conscious level what is their actual deeper belief of your thoughts, KTON.

Quote Originally Posted by KTON View Post
    I wonder, why some people are blind (metaphorically)? Not the thing that they don't want to know the truth, but they simply ignore even the possibility of it (even while having nothing against it)? Why people who know that they are blind, and when having a choice to be freed, choose to stay in chains (again having nothing against truth, and even when preferring it more)? Why people choose to go back in evolutionary scale and become even more primitive rather than evolve their minds, bodies and souls? Why people don't stop to think why one thing turned out the way it is, and did they missed something? Why people are jumping to conclusions even if factual evidence show that their conclusions are wrong? Why people more prefer to feel emotionally bad, rather than mentally satisfied?..

P.S. No, I'm not saying that everyone is like that, but my personal statistics show that most of the humanity is this way (and I mean most most - only few individuals are exceptions)... So I'm asking: why?.. WHY???
    Hidden Content
    In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see,
    And if I give but one light to you my life is filled for me.
    But...In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see,
    So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee... موم γλυφή !

- By Faye

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content
    む ム 無 む موم Superluminal Supporter موم む 無 ム む

Indigo Rookie
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album picturesTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyArae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by knk17forever View Post
    I think that people who are "blind" to truth have turned against their Creator is some way or another and the Creator in turn has given them over to blindness. ~sources Scriptures~
    ^^Well that's rather negative don't you think? A punishment for human emotions? Humans are human, contrary to popular belief around here and conspiracy nuts.
    I don't think the blindness is given by the ultimate unified mind. But I must say that this blindness is based on emotions. How can one say that being human means to have emotions, when having emotions means to be blind? Doesn't this simple pattern of basic logic contradict the idea that being human also means to be proud of what you are? Whenever I see in movies or in real life someone being proud of being human, or reminding that it's good to be human, I disagree - in my opinion, what I base on evidence of daily life and even most basic parts of pure logic, humans didn't evolve much enough to proudly say this statement...

Quote Originally Posted by 1month1day11 View Post
    "A man that knows something, knows that he knows nothing at all."

And ultimately fear is a prison. It takes a lot of courage to accept things that you don't understand/are afraid of.
    And ultimate prison is the prison we create for ourselves. Prison of fair what people instinctively don't notice - of misunderstanding due to blindness what is caused by emotions. Prison where we go to when emotions blur and overtake our intellect.

This is sad only... Example if something doesn't go the way you wanted (and your plan had other person in it) - person couldn't come for reasons unrelated to you - you feel abandoned, so you start to hate. But you didn't take time to think why that person didn't came... If you would, eventually you would find a valid reason why all turned out like this. Eventually you'd put yourself in others shoes and would notice that you'd do the same. In result you would simply figure out a way to postpone your plan instead of telling the one how you hate him... And I can make similar examples with all emotions, including love itself.

This all are the reasons why I don't like that I'm human. But I bypassed this issue as much as I can - I never prefer any action what includes anyone without making sure that I didn't include factor of "remove emotions" from the thinking patter. Thing is that I trained myself to do this so much, that I do this now before my emotions can even kick in. Emotions never win - from my point of view I don't even have them. I'm always several steps ahead of the problem what didn't even had a chance to happen yet. But absence of emotions makes me not human. And I can state that this is something what I can be proud of.

Only problem is that I am the only person who I know, who rejected emotions... People don't even want to accept what I said above as being true (including everyone who reads this). But why don't you even want to think about this from only intellectual point of view? World doesn't loose it's colors - just some bright colors aren't as bright anymore, but dark colors aren't as dark also. Plus much less problems in life. The big "but" is that you don't feel human, but eventually you see that it's for the best - you more start to see yourself as being something like neutral and highly advance ET being. Without emotions blocking the view I can state that this is the way to the perfection. And I do assume that nature of every creature is to try to reach it. And those of you who disagree that perfection must have emotions - remove now factor of being selfish and think of this again, cause perfection doesn't has selfishness in it.

And just one thing. Maybe you feel uncomfortable to reject all emotions. You will think you wont be able to feel anything. Let me correct that. Emotions are states triggered by instinct of how mind feels. There will be at least one state of mind feeling what when you'll understand what it is, you'll see it's more powerful than love - universal compassion - this one is triggered by intellect, therefor it cannot blind your judgments and effect your actions. I cannot really explain all the pluses of it. Just will say that this feeling state of mind explains you your place in the universe, it powers your mind with information of unlimited compassion - you do experience singularity. You see that you are singularity, and everything else is the same singularity. You see that nothing isn't designed for worse - everything is for best of everything. Every change has a purpose so later it could also reach perfection. But you also see that that change itself is perfection - you understand that everything has a purpose beyond what you previously could understand. Sure, you can imagine... But if you could imagine a hard complex formula, but cannot understand it, than what's the point?
    Last edited by KTON; 06-17-2011 at 07:59 AM.

Banned
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Achievements:

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I understand your approach and perspective, and respect it.

However, our emotion, is the envy of many other entities....you'd be surprised at who wishes they could be human. To feel love for one another, anger, fear, hate, joy, isolation, elation....so many, such a rainbow, to deny yourself of emotion is, indeed, to make yourself un-human....

I have found that, for me, it is handling the emotion we all feel in a non-destructive manner...not acting out because of how we are feeling.

There are many things in this world that we have no control over, but we do have control over how we respond to things. In that, is the means to conquer emotion....and in turn, fear.

Someone can harm you, or do wrong to you....but how you react, determines if their actions have the desired effect.

But fear....oh that horrible emotion.....I have seen people turn away from truth because it's too scary to accept the truth that is in front of them....and that, is very sad to watch. Little do they know, the joy that can be had in overcoming fear, and confronting it.

Banned
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 183
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1 year registeredTagger Second ClassTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

your user name

1month1day11 -- I'm curious as to what your name represents? I am born on the first month and first day. January 1st.

<3

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 728
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    "when the student is ready to learn, then the master will appear"------Ramtha, the Enlightened One

Same goes for finding truth........it takes time.
    there just confused, need we jerk them around just because we know we can.
    let them find out for themselves.
    its harder for one to understand if one cant experience it for himself.

baby steps....................
    Last edited by Indi.feat; 06-22-2011 at 05:36 PM.
    keeping a strong mind and a soft heart

just always remember, that GOD never gives us to much we couldnt handle.