YAY! I found you!

Don't be afraid to introduce yourself, we're all friendly here.
YAY! I found you! «  » by BlueVelvet
Hi everyone!

I am SO glad to have found this place... people who are like me!

I've been a "seeker" for about 2 decades. I too have always felt different, and that has only been continually increasing all my life. In my twenties, I was reading books by the truckload trying to find... oh, I don't know, truth? Meaning? Purpose? Who I am? I explored all sorts of concepts - psychology, self-improvement, spirituality, how to "do life". Endlessly searching for myself and my place in the world. I wondered why it seemed that everyone else had it all figured out, felt content.

Then in my thirties, all sorts of unusual things started to happen: mystic experiences, visions, ecstasies/rapture (not drug-induced), "seeing" in a new way, etc. I experienced altered states - to the extent that I was diagnosed as bipolar. This only led me to seek the answers even more: why did I have such "bizarre", unfathomable experiences? I read other accounts from bipolars - and still, no one had experienced the things I had. I felt very much alone, freakish. I couldn't even talk to anyone about them, there wasn't anyone who could understand or make sense of it. Finally, I started to accept it and accept myself, be at peace with it.

I'd heard of indigos, but didn't really delve into it until now. It amazes me how much the descriptions fit me: the 'rebel' aspect, being a "system buster", difficulty with authority/hierarchical systems, "knowing" things inherently, feeling like I don't quite belong in this world, feeling like I've always had to hide my "real self", frustration with the status quo, sensitivity & compassion, a need to make the world a better place. I could go on and on, and I'm sure all of you can as well, and that you can easily relate.

Thank you all for being here! I'm excited to get to know you all :)
BlueVelvet

«  » by Monica Cardona
BlueVelvet wrote:Hi everyone!

I
I'd heard of indigos, but didn't really delve into it until now. It amazes me how much the descriptions fit me: the 'rebel' aspect, being a "system buster", difficulty with authority/hierarchical systems, "knowing" things inherently, feeling like I don't quite belong in this world, feeling like I've always had to hide my "real self", frustration with the status quo, sensitivity & compassion, a need to make the world a better place. I could go on and on, and I'm sure all of you can as well, and that you can easily relate.

Hi BlueVelvet!

I'm new here too! I feel just the same! It's so amazing to find people from so many diferent places and ages, that are so close to us in their feelings and thoughts!

My best wishes to you!

Mônica
Monica Cardona

«  » by defuzz
im glad you found this place too, welcome bluevelvet.
defuzz

«  » by melissasayshi
I'm new too! I'm glad you came here. It's wonderful to know one is not-so-alone anymore.
melissasayshi

«  » by indigolightly
Yes, isn't a great feeling to find a nonreligious group of spiritual "trailblazers" who are here to improve reality?! I'm new too, and grateful to be here as well. Glad you made it!
indigolightly

«  » by EnemyAtLineSix

I've been a "seeker" for about 2 decades. I too have always felt different, and that has only been continually increasing all my life. In my twenties, I was reading books by the truckload trying to find... oh, I don't know, truth? Meaning? Purpose? Who I am? I explored all sorts of concepts - psychology, self-improvement, spirituality, how to "do life". Endlessly searching for myself and my place in the world. I wondered why it seemed that everyone else had it all figured out, felt content.

Then in my thirties, all sorts of unusual things started to happen: mystic experiences, visions, ecstasies/rapture (not drug-induced), "seeing" in a new way, etc. I experienced altered states - to the extent that I was diagnosed as bipolar. This only led me to seek the answers even more: why did I have such "bizarre", unfathomable experiences? I read other accounts from bipolars - and still, no one had experienced the things I had. I felt very much alone, freakish. I couldn't even talk to anyone about them, there wasn't anyone who could understand or make sense of it. Finally, I started to accept it and accept myself, be at peace with it.

i know 100% what that feels like.
with and without the use of substances.
EnemyAtLineSix

«  » by *~i GlOw 0F iNdIgO~*
love your name and you have beautiful and calming energy flowing from you

love and light to you and welcome <3
*~i GlOw 0F iNdIgO~*

«  » by BlueVelvet
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!
BlueVelvet

«  » by dEE
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Dear Bluevelvet,

Welcome...welcome..

Let the journey begin...:)

lights and loves,
dEE[/COLOR]
dEE

«  » by Satisfiction
Welcome everybody! Yay for finding this little community :)
Satisfiction

«  » by sshenry
Hello bluevelvet - I'm glad you're here...it is a definite blessing to find those with whom you can be yourself :)
sshenry

«  » by dreamerin2003
hail and welcome
dreamerin2003

Hepful info «  » by indigo2112
Hepful info

Hey BlueVelvet, and welcome to IS. I believe you are a way shower-like me. Also, and this pertains to all indigos, I believe. The reason that you don't 'fit in' is that you (your soul) vibrates at a much higher 'frequency' than that of most other souls. Other people (souls) can feel it but don't understand so they only let you 'in' so far-i.e. you may be very nice, etc. but you just don't 'feel' right, atleast that is how it was explained to me. Hope that helps.
indigo2112