You might know this?

General Open Discussion for topics not covered anywhere else.
You might know this? «  » by Jes
The characteristics of some children label, says that "they often withdraw from social situations and conflicts".

I've been doing that alot in my life, my sensitivity to peoples energy, and the lack of desire to "discuss" our differences in opinion, often leads me to pull away. hoping there are someone somewhere that understands or feels the same way that I do ( and that I get to meet them ).

I'm sure that many others have felt the same way, and ( to the point of my post ) Dealt with successfully.

What do you do / did you do with this in your life?
If you're similar to me, or if it's just been easy for you to.

Hmm, if my question was a bit unclear, I'd like to be more social in my life - meet more people, and less staying at home alone.
How did u cope with / deal with this in your life?

Jes
Jes

«  » by Jes
Hmm at some point i belive i did, but several of the answers could be: "well yes, if like this situation, and no if like this" and very depending on how well I feel. When I feel well, and are around ppl I like and feel good with, I'm very (opposite of introvert) extrovert? but for whatever reasons, I'm not good at - don't feel safe / comfortable, in some situations, and that makes me completely introvert.

Thanks
Jes

«  » by leila

Hmm, if my question was a bit unclear, I'd like to be more social in my life - meet more people, and less staying at home alone.

i cope/deal with this by staying home alone. sorry not all that helpful =)

well just being silly. with friendships and relationships its definitely quality rather than quantity that matters.
to me at least. the- fewer than other others- relationships i have had are long lasting and very good.
so i am not always a loner, and sometimes feel more social and it just flows that i feel like going out and being with people so i do.
most of the time i am not inspired to be that way, spending the majority of my time alone.

i think if you want to, just do it =)

sometimes i have to grab myself up to get myself out and about to interact with people....then i enjoy it when it do....

so i think you should do whatever comes naturally to you. if its being around a lot of people, make yourself do that for a while till it flows.....
leila

«  » by sean keyes
Instead of going out to much, why not bring the people to you.
I don't drink or smoke, so i try to have a few parties in our home every year, it is quality not quanity

I'm not into crowds, but I love my concerts, I just stand at the side away from the heavy crowd

I will go to bars but not often,

I started cycling a few weeks back, if someone is doing a charity cycle, join in it's great for an aul chat and yer getting exercise in aswell. Meeting new people too
sean keyes

«  » by sean keyes
Bring the people to you
Have house parties, not wild teenage ones but dinner and an aul chat
sean keyes

«  » by Jes
leila wrote:[b:3dzmhfta]

[/b:3dzmhfta]i cope/deal with this by staying home alone. sorry not all that helpful =)

well just being silly. with friendships and relationships its definitely quality rather than quantity that matters.
to me at least. the- fewer than other others- relationships i have had are long lasting and very good.
so i am not always a loner, and sometimes feel more social and it just flows that i feel like going out and being with people so i do.
most of the time i am not inspired to be that way, spending the majority of my time alone.

i think if you want to, just do it =)

sometimes i have to grab myself up to get myself out and about to interact with people....then i enjoy it when it do....

so i think you should do whatever comes naturally to you. if its being around a lot of people, make yourself do that for a while till it flows.....

Thank you sweetie :)
Well I do know I miss people sometimes, but the ones I know of might be too noisy in their energies ( dramatic - judgemental etc - slightly though - but sometimes i want someone like me )
And the silent person in a group of noicy persons - hmm
a bit sad to me i must admit, trying to heal through though.

ty for your answer <3

Jes
Jes

«  » by leila
yw

i dont really feel like its "withdrawing" or being closed, or even that it is odd. i think some people have a strong preference to spend a lot of time by themselves, or at least only interacting with a few people here and there. or with people they naturally have a kinship with...

i really only go out to the kind of things that i enjoy doing, and its rare. usually i like to just spend time with only the few really close friends i have, or spend time talking with them, writing to them or whatever. but there are some things i like doing, with people that i really connect with, and truthfully that is also rare for me. we do have a nice community here, and some cool places and opportunities for people to connect in different kinds of environments, so in that way i get to meet a lot of people. theres a nice weekly farmers market here, and its definitely a big part of our community/social life here, its very well attended.

if you found some kinds of things like that, that you were into...eg a class on something, or whatever other social place that people network not around partying, drinking...the chances of meeting more compatible people seems better.

but none of this seems to me like it odd, or should be a different way.

i think when you meet the right people, and have opportunities to do things that you are into , then its all easy and it all just flows cause your on a similar kind of wave...
and you dont really need to trip out on trying to be more social or open. unless you feel drawn to do that, in which case you should just go for it =)

sometimes i do have to make myself get out and about...just start out walking and then i meet people and things happen.

in a lot of communities theres a lack of places and things to do that dont revolve around drinking and/or other weirdness. truly a lot of what people do perplexes me, i cant see myself being interested in watching sports, or going out drinking all the time.
i do like drum circles, the occasional party/rave/music performance. but mostly just small groups, or one of one interaction with people. going to the beach, the river, or the mountains and wandering around and hanging out, thats mostly what i do when i hang out with my friends.

but everywhere theres cool people to meet who are doing different things, and creating spaces and places for people to come together in different ways.
or just socializing with the people around you, as they are, whoever they are....that has its way too...
leila

Return to index page Indigo Cafe