Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any First Wave Indigos born in the 1950's-1960's?

Indigo Member
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocial1 year registered1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Any First Wave Indigos born in the 1950's-1960's?

I've been reading for many years how young indigos and crystals behave and what some for their traits are supposed to be.
    If there are any older indigos out there like me, you do see a difference between the generations of awakened young ppl?

This ad goes away when you register.

It's been my observance that the older first wavers are more secure and that we are the teachers for the most part.
    Does anyone else have an opinion on the mental and emotional difference manifested by the different generations of the
    "Children of Light"?

Crys...
    "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." John Lennon

Indigo Member
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialSocial1 year registered1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Namaste...I was born in 1969 (strange as it seems to me--most of the time, I feel as if I am very young). I have just in the past few years become very secure in who I am...I am actually thinking about becoming an early childhood educator now, so that I can observe this fantastic new generation develop.
    Peace and love,

Tree

Indigo Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    I've been reading about Indigos for a very long time.. and I've always known that it had something to do with me, but, I could never completely relate to the younger Indigo, Crystal and Rainbow Children..
    I came across some articles about older Indigos today. Indigos born in the 40's, 50's and 60's are called Scouts. Here are some characteristics which I found very interesting..

“Indigo Adult Characteristics {scouts}
    Please note, anyone could have a few of these traits, but Indigo Adults have most or all of these 25 characteristics.

Are intelligent, though may not have had top grades.
    Are very creative and enjoy making things.
    Always need to know WHY, especially why they are being asked to do something.
    Had disgust and perhaps loathing for much of the required and repetitious work in school.
    Were rebellious in school in that they refused to do homework and rejected authority of teachers, OR seriously wanted to rebel, but didn’t DARE, usually due to parental pressure.
    May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal feelings while still in high school or younger are not uncommon in the Indigo Adult.
    Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs. Indigos resist authority and caste system of employment.
    Prefer leadership positions or working alone to team positions.
    Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.
    May be extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat (no shielding) Or may be the opposite and show no expression of emotion (full shielding).
    May have trouble with RAGE.
    Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective, i.e. Political, educational, medical, and legal.
    Alienation from or anger with politics – feeling your voice won’t count and/or that the outcome really doesn’t matter.
    Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream – 9-5 career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.
    Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at “Big Brother watching you.”
    Have a burning desire to do something to change and improve the world. May be stymied what to do. May have trouble identifying their path.
    Have psychic or spiritual interest appear fairly young – in or before teen years.
    Had few if any Indigo role models. Having had some doesn’t mean you’re not an indigo, though.
    Have strong intuition.
    Random behavior pattern or mind style – (symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder). May have trouble focusing on assigned tasks, may jump around in conversations.
    Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, out of body experiences, hearing voices.
    May be electrically sensitive such as watches not working and street lights going out as you move under them, electrical equipment malfunctioning and lights blowing out.
    May have awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities.
    Sexually are very expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in boredom or with intention of achieving higher spiritual connection. May explore alternative types of sexuality.
    Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world May seek this through religion or spirituality, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups and books.
    When they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy individuals.”

I've always questioned everything from a very young age. Coming from a strict Baptist family, that sort of thing got me lots of time outs, spankings, and soup in the mouth.. I guess my parents thought that sort of treatment would save my soul.. lol.. I feel rage against inter species predators and psychopaths. I call it sacred anger and have no problem with people who actively hunt them...but, anyway.. I do identify with almost all of these characteristics.. rebellious flower child that I am... still!
    "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." John Lennon

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrystalHeart For This Useful Post:

Colliebird (01-12-2012), MinShady (11-23-2012)

Old Soul
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 648
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,118 Times in 2,364 Posts

fitting?

Wow, Crystal,
    even though I was born in 1930,
    the majority of attributes seem
    to fit generally too..
    Be in harmony,
    be in beauty.
    roger

Indigo Newbie
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1 year registered1 year registered1000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hello, I was born in the mid 60's and only just discovered that I was indigo/empath. Geeeeez, that's a long time to wait for understanding about me! LOL I have all characteristics you mentioned, CrystalHeart, except this one... "When they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy individuals.” I do believe I'm on the edge of finding that balance now that I understand why I am the way I am.

I didn't realize I am also a scout. What does that mean? I find it interesting that in learning about myself, I am seeing a lot of crystal and/or indigo/empath traits in my daughter as well. This has been so very eye-opening for me. I thank you all for being here, and for IS. This is such a blessing.

Old Soul
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 648
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,118 Times in 2,364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiyaDalaja View Post
    Hello, I was born in the mid 60's and only just discovered that I was indigo/empath. Geeeeez, that's a long time to wait for understanding about me! LOL I have all characteristics you mentioned, CrystalHeart, except this one... "When they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy individuals.” I do believe I'm on the edge of finding that balance now that I understand why I am the way I am.

I didn't realize I am also a scout. What does that mean? I find it interesting that in learning about myself, I am seeing a lot of crystal and/or indigo/empath traits in my daughter as well. This has been so very eye-opening for me. I thank you all for being here, and for IS. This is such a blessing.
    DiyaDalaja.
    A scout leads the way to a new found path,
    or uncovers an older one.
    If you haven't all ready,
    it is time to share telepathy [picture-empathic energy]
    with your daughter. You both can scout together.

Be in harmony,
    be in beauty.
    roger

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychic Child For This Useful Post:

Zen O (01-09-2013)

Indigo Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Child View Post
    DiyaDalaja.
    A scout leads the way to a new found path,
    or uncovers an older one.
    If you haven't all ready,
    it is time to share telepathy [picture-empathic energy]
    with your daughter. You both can scout together.

Be in harmony,
    be in beauty.
    roger
    Yes.. the scout's came before. We are the ones who help and teach. Being a young Indigo is very hard. Scouts need to the the anchor for the young ones. We are the mile markers...the touchstones and the memories. {I just got a flash of a shaman in a dark cave lit with torches.. drawing figures and symbols on the cave walls with red and yellow ocher... wow.. that was intense!}

Indigo Newbie
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1 year registered1 year registered1000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Both my daughters have "talents" as we call them, and they are what woke me up. One can see and communicate with spirits and can "hear" energy. The other can heal, see auras, and has been in Akashic Records.

I've been told I'm Indigo. I certainly have a lot of the list of 25 characteristics--been a half step off the beat my whole life, as well as someone who can never keep my trap shut about stuff I don't think is right. Gotten me in lots of trouble.

In a past life reading, I was told I'm here "to love." I'm better at being prickly than being the classic "loving" sort, but that's what I've been told my mission is, so I'm working on it. It's rather harder to love some than others, you know?

Old Soul
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,168
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranOverdrive

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,774 Times in 1,249 Posts
    Last edited by Amethyst; 12-29-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Indigo Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oldwoman View Post
    Both my daughters have "talents" as we call them, and they are what woke me up. One can see and communicate with spirits and can "hear" energy. The other can heal, see auras, and has been in Akashic Records.

I've been told I'm Indigo. I certainly have a lot of the list of 25 characteristics--been a half step off the beat my whole life, as well as someone who can never keep my trap shut about stuff I don't think is right. Gotten me in lots of trouble.

In a past life reading, I was told I'm here "to love." I'm better at being prickly than being the classic "loving" sort, but that's what I've been told my mission is, so I'm working on it. It's rather harder to love some than others, you know?
    Hi, O.W. .. I'm not the classic loving sort either. I don't agree with the warm and squishy new age definition of love. The love i have is a more impersonal sort of love. I don't believe that we are required to 'love' all mankind ..no turning the other cheek. I think the past life reading when you were told that you were here to love is very very generalized. People are confused about what love really is. Love is so much more than an act or emotion or self sacrifice.. it has to have consequences.. or outcomes.. hard to find a word for it. It's my belief that when we experience an all encompassing love of our Mother Earth and all of her inhabitants, the natural outcome is to be a defender and a protector. We feel indignation and anger when our loved ones are hurt, threatened and deceived. We are not passive and don't stand idly by, or turn the other cheek. New age philosophy would have us believe that we should be passive and think lovely fluffy thoughts with our heads in pink clouds.. rainbow and unicorns blah blah blah. But, when our enemy is a psychopathic predator, lovely fluffy thoughts are not enough...

Well, I guess I've gone off on another monologue!!! I do tend to do that too often.. Anyhow.. I agree with you about being prickly. Maybe its an older Indio trait!!! Being opinionated is too, I think!

Cheers!!!

Indigo Newbie
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

That Cheek Thing

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalHeart View Post
    Hi, O.W. .. I'm not the classic loving sort either. I don't agree with the warm and squishy new age definition of love. The love i have is a more impersonal sort of love. I don't believe that we are required to 'love' all mankind ..no turning the other cheek. I think the past life reading when you were told that you were here to love is very very generalized. People are confused about what love really is. Love is so much more than an act or emotion or self sacrifice.. it has to have consequences.. or outcomes.. hard to find a word for it. It's my belief that when we experience an all encompassing love of our Mother Earth and all of her inhabitants, the natural outcome is to be a defender and a protector. We feel indignation and anger when our loved ones are hurt, threatened and deceived. We are not passive and don't stand idly by, or turn the other cheek. New age philosophy would have us believe that we should be passive and think lovely fluffy thoughts with our heads in pink clouds.. rainbow and unicorns blah blah blah. But, when our enemy is a psychopathic predator, lovely fluffy thoughts are not enough...

Well, I guess I've gone off on another monologue!!! I do tend to do that too often.. Anyhow.. I agree with you about being prickly. Maybe its an older Indio trait!!! Being opinionated is too, I think!

Cheers!!!
    CrystalHeart,

I guess what I've been learning about that whole turn the other cheek thing is that we can fight back without anger and violence. I've been led that service to others without expecting something back is one powerful kind of love--no hearts, flowers, or unicorns required. So I regularly ask for light for the dark ones and leave it to better 'lovers' than I to deliver it, and then I write a blog where I try to give information to the still-sleeping, about how this world isn't working, and how it can. That's (right now) my form of loving.

Indigo Rookie
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I was also born in 1969. Very rocky childhood (parents divorced, ADHD and Bipolar Disorder problems), but now, as well, I am feeling more secure in who I am.

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialYour first GroupYour first GroupVeteran
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 655 Posts
    Another one here and I did not realize what an indigo was except for the last several years and it helped answer many questions that had followed me through my life. Also explained a lot of the precognitions I tend to brush off as weird coincidences when younger, the knowings. Through out life never wanted to follow anyone but wanted to be true to my heart. Caused many problems and hardships growing up because many did not understand. Being authentic and true to yourself trumped everything else. Thanks for the undeniable desire to understand any and everything that brought the connection to indigo energy into focus. It has really opened up the conduit to the spiritual part of the world and helped integrate the physical part to where am finally comfortable with who I am and why I am here.
    The poetry of life and death lie within the process.

Indigo Rookie
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I'm was born in 1965. I'm not sure I'm leading anyone anywhere though.

Indigo Newbie
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1 year registered1 year registered1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Born 59 and about 75% of your list is me. especially the school part. Still bugs me that schools don't teach life skills, as if everyone has a good life and will love college. High school was enough to turn me off to any other school.

Indigo Newbie
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Born in '58 and have known for several years now that I'm a full fledged Indigo.

Any list I read that has the traits of an Indigo are all applicable to me.

I was so relieved when I found a summary that helped explain why I would stand out like a sore thumb

in most situations even when I kept my mouth shut. LOL

To make matters worse, my Dad was a school teacher for a lot of the years I was at my school.

Of course we were made to feel that we had to set a good example for the other students and not

make Dad look bad. No pressure there!

Indigo Rookie
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Wings of Isis

Glad you found some answers as to why you stick out, even with closed mouth! That's funny. Once you open your mouth, that is when the REAL trouble starts, right?

My Dad was also a school teacher, but in a different school. He was so disinterested in me, my schooling (ironic, right?), my personhood, etc. It's probably better to have disinterest than the pressure you were under. Did you have ADHD problems in school? My guess would be YES. And I imagine that, because you were being true to yourself, you inadvertently made Dad look not quite perfect!

My Dad died over 12 years ago, and he has helped me from the other side for many years. It's cool, because of the disinterest when he was alive. He has helped my kids, too. Is your Dad still living?

Anyway, good for you that you are feeling good about being Indigo. What helps me in accepting my indigo-ness is remembering that like all indigos, my soul has spent more time on worlds other than Earth, that I haven't had as many incarnations here as other people (hence not "getting" many of the human conventions and rules), and that Earthly emotions and situations are harder for us to deal with simply because we did not start incarnating on Earth, but somewhere else. The alien factor, I guess. Makes us a bit clueless (a BIT!!) and sensitive.

Peace
    Colliebird

Indigo Rookie
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Roger

You must feel like a real pioneer! Not many indigos were born when you were. It makes me happy to think that you are around

Colliebird

Indigo Rookie
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thanks for posting that. I have all of those traits, I am proud to say. Especially the authority ones and caste system of employment. Pisses me off to no end. I prefer being a "lone ranger" in employment to anything else (I'm a mobile therapist working with families AND have my own practice, so I answer practically speaking to no one but myself. Hallelujah!

You are a very strong person to have withstood that kind of a family. They can't break what is unbreakable, right? So glad you survived!

Peace

Colliebird

Indigo Member
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialSocialYour first GroupYour first Group
    Static. But my energy flows wherever it is needed.
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I was born (well let me say i am not in my teens). And it appears that 21 indigo adult traits apply to me.
    Let one look out on to the sea and there find treasure greater than you think could be.
    Let clouds calm those which have fear.
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast